Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: The Man Behind the Shield

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, LilJen said:

Plot hand wave! It's just miraculous how quickly and easily it all happened, and the LMayD was so perfect even Simmons--who recognized Aida right off the bat as an LMD--didn't realize LMayD was an LMD.

To be fair, the Aida that Simmons recognized as an LMD wasn't equipped with the Darkhold-derived lightbrain that all the subsequent replace-a-person LMDs have, plus Aida didn't have a fully human consciousness downloaed into her so her behavior and mannerisms was a tell.  Still no idea how they manufactured the replacements so quickly, unless they have a bunch of premade blank bodies in the shape of every potential cast member who could have come on that rescue mission.

15 hours ago, blackwing said:

I loathe the Coulson and May pairing.  I especially hate that they create these flashbacks to explain the root of these now deep-seated feelings in apparent direct response to viewer criticism that this pairing came out of nowhere. 

Me too.  Why can't two adults who happen to be heterosexuals of the opposite sex just be friends?  That does happen in the real world.  Now they're saying that Coulson had a thing for May from the time before she married Andrew.  Know what, Show?  She also divorced Andrew - May and Coulson never tried to get together after that?  It just reeks of hack writers going to the UST well because they're devoid of ideas.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, TVSpectator said:

I do believe that it was hinted that the mere fact that both Fitz and Radcliffe were building AIDA is in violation of the Sokovia Accords

Was Vision included in the Sokovia Accords? So the definition of "Enhanced Individual" includes artificial life forms?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, paigow said:

Was Vision included in the Sokovia Accords? So the definition of "Enhanced Individual" includes artificial life forms?

Vision was created and became part of the final incident which made the Accords politically possible. As an active Avenger we have to assume he has signed the Accords  where as a minor Peter Parker, being Tony Stark's hold out probably has not. But that is a story for the next Spider-Man movie.

Edited by Raja
41 minutes ago, paigow said:

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

Vision was created and became part of the final incident which made the Accords politically possible. As an active Avenger we have to assume he has signed the accords  where as a minor Peter Parker, being Tony Stark's hold out has not. But that is a story for the next Spider-Man movie.

Like Raja, I would guess that Vision did sign the Accords. We know that he was on "Tony's Side" during CA: CW so I would guess that he did sign them. As with him being an AI, I think since he is sentient and was made during/prior to Ultron trying to kill all of Sokovia, and Vision being one of the main people saving the population of Sokovia, many people probably thought it would be cruel to kill him. So he is allowed to live but probably (like many who have signed) is being monitored by the UN/ US government. But that conversation that Fitz and with Radcliffe, in the first episode of the season hinted that building an advanced robot, like AIDA, is part of the Sokovia Accords. So, Fitz, after it being at least a year and a half after AOU, really does know what would've happened if AIDA did go on a murder spree because it literally happened in Fitz's and Simmons' universe. To them that is a possible reality, to us it's fiction. So, he fully knew what he was doing with Radcliffe was not only wrong but had, what is to him, a real world example, of what could wrong. 

17 hours ago, mac123x said:

To be fair, the Aida that Simmons recognized as an LMD wasn't equipped with the Darkhold-derived lightbrain that all the subsequent replace-a-person LMDs have, plus Aida didn't have a fully human consciousness downloaed into her so her behavior and mannerisms was a tell.  Still no idea how they manufactured the replacements so quickly, unless they have a bunch of premade blank bodies in the shape of every potential cast member who could have come on that rescue mission.

Me too.  Why can't two adults who happen to be heterosexuals of the opposite sex just be friends?  That does happen in the real world.  Now they're saying that Coulson had a thing for May from the time before she married Andrew.  Know what, Show?  She also divorced Andrew - May and Coulson never tried to get together after that?  It just reeks of hack writers going to the UST well because they're devoid of ideas.

But Simmons was the only one who could point out that AIDA was a robot and not Coulson nor May. Coulson and May are these spies that work for SHIELD and have been field agents for decades, but yet they couldn't guess that AIDA was a robot? I would've imagined that they were going to be the ones that would be able to detect whether or not someone is a robot or hiding something, like a secret, since they have more experience as field agents and also going undercover. But only Simmons was the one who guessed that AIDA was a robot and also the one that realized that Mace was keeping a secret and she instead used that to blackmail him, but it turns out that her superiors, in the government knew about this secret- because they help create Mace- so, I do wonder if the government is going to go down hard on her, because she did threaten to reveal his secret?

As with the who relationship pairing of Coulson and May, I would say that its just bullshit. Even the Fitz and Simmons relationship is bullshit, too boot. Because like you have pointed out, two heterosexual people of the opposite gender can be just friends. I would say that both relationships were handled in a similar fashion (the guy realized that he is secretly in love with the woman but doesn't tell her- for some reason. Then this goes on and on, while the woman is oblivious (at best) to the idea that the guy is in love with her,  ends up dating someone else, breaks up with someone else, and then until something else happens..... and then they are this power couple).

In my opinion, the writing is just pandering to the shippers with pairing both couples up (Fitz/Simmons and Coulson/May) and are trying to shoehorn this idea that each couple not only belongs with each other but is madly in love with each other. 

On 2/14/2017 at 11:07 PM, RandomWatcher said:

Philbot and Maybot are going to get it on.

And produce happy little nanobots!

On 2/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Michel said:

Coulson's words to Ivanov, on the other hand . . . I can see how that might bug a bit.  But I don't think he had anything for which to apologize, either.  His friends were trying to kill him at the time, so he shouldn't feel bad about taking them down.

On 2/16/2017 at 4:29 AM, MissLucas said:

Coulson and May waltzed into a military compound where they had no legal grounds to be in the first place and set in motion a chain of events that ended in the soldiers who were doing their job being tortured and killed. And he can't even remember why. That's prime asshattery.

Coulson had no clue that the soldiers were going to be tortured and killed (for that matter, I don't think the soldiers knew, either -- they didn't seem panicked about it).  "Your government was dick to your friends -- how is that my fault?"  As Coulson said, for him, it was just another mission.  Is he supposed to worry about what may happen to the guards at every place he goes?

On 2/16/2017 at 9:25 AM, MissLucas said:

Simmons came along with another typical S.H.I.E.L.D. argument meant to absolve someone from personal responsibility: 'Your intentions were good!'

"Oh. Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!"

• Love 4

I realizing that I am tired of this storyline, I really can't wait for it to be over. I'm confused on how they could be switched in that short period of a time? Daisy particularly had to be herself in order to use her powers. So it had to happen afterwards? I find it hard to believe that they could knock them all out that easily to do it. I was hoping that Fitz and Simmons were going to figure out that they were in the framework, which would have made more sense (and be kind of awesome).

The best parts of the episode by far where the flashbacks.

• Love 1

The flashback was the better story.  Couldn't get into the main story with the timeline of switching kept creeping into my head while watching.

I'm tired of Ivanov, Aida can do what she pleases with him.