Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E11: Celebrity Life

I think India looking like Gigi could be her ticket to success without necessarily being too famous.  Not every brand can afford Gigi, she can't do every gig, India can slide right in there. She might not be a household name, not that we have a ton of those anymore, but I think she can work.  I also think she's the best makeover I can recall, because when her purple hair is styled I think it looks cool.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I've just seen her on red carpets, in the Daily Mail.

THIS.  I am obsessed with DM.  I check it a least a half dozen times a day.  And I do remember seeing RO in it, usually half dressed and half in the bag.  So that automatically put me on guard for her hosting this show.  I'm almost two weeks behind in commenting on all my shows so, for last week, I'll keep it brief.  I was bummed to see Paige go, but she seemed to be getting that background edit, so I wasn't overly surprised.  This week, I thought for sure Coryanne was gone and I rejoiced when Tash left.  I was so over all the twin bullshit.  It doesn't even make for good tv anymore, since there are at least ten other shows featuring screaming women.  The episode felt kind of odd with the whole Courtney and India's Wizarding Adventure, but I was cool with it because I love Harry Potter, and it was a bit refreshing to cut from all the angst for a bit.  Poor India with that hair though, it's looking a little washed out in places.  Something about her voice though is getting to me, it's a little.........Kermit the Frog?  IDK.  I've heard of Paper magazine, but it doesn't interest me in the least.  I had to laugh though, my DirecTV guide said "this week (something something) and the girls have to recreate RO's iconic Paper magazine cover".  That is one overused word these days "ICONIC".  As said in the Princess Bride "I do not think that word means what you think it means" (yes, I paraphrase, I'm not good with quotes).  I think Coryanne is beautiful, but slipping, so she might be gone next.  I STILL forget about Tatiana and don't really get the love for her.  Kody reminds me of an older version of Teyona (C12) or Kendall (C15).  My money's on Courtney or India.  Though as I always say, we shall see!

Bonus points for the shout out to Flavor of Love, I spent all last weekend sick and watched the marathon for days.  I was half tickled because I loved that show and half appalled I ever watched such tripe to begin with!

Oh! Some of you reminded me, PAPER had a "moment" about what, 20 years ago? Even then it was a very specific hipster self consciously alterna downtown crowd readership so I literally howled when someone yelled something to the effect of "Your face will be seen on the cover by the entire WOOOOOORLD!"

Ahem. No, it won't be. Come on.

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 1

I have never heard of Paper Magazine either. And that "iconic" cover of Rita on Paper Magazine is funny because the big hair covered 2/3 of her face that you can't even tell it's her. So much for individuality. 

I know Rita is a singer because I saw her as a coach the Voice UK but honestly, I have not heard one song of hers. Is she a good singer?

I was so over all the twin bullshit.

You and me both. And that's why I'm shocked that they booted Tash. I thought for sure they'd gnaw on that old bone until the bitter end.

It was the first and only time I had ever heard of Paper magazine.  But that was a HUGE cover/photoshoot for them.

Count me in with those who'd never heard of paper before those photos, and never thought of it again afterward, until this show. Every time they show examples of the covers on this show, I think "ugh." None of them would entice me to flip through the magazine on the newstands, let alone pay money for it. (It is an actual physical magazine, right? Not a web thing?)

Something that puzzles me about drew's shoots on this show. They always show him repeating a direction over and over and over again as the model ignores him. Doesn't seem to matter what model he's working with. I think the intention is the show the model as kinda dumb and unwilling to listen. But when *every* model gets that edit with him, it make me think something's up. Either they're not hearing him, or it's being edited to make it seem like he's repeating himself when he isn't. Or they're showing him giving the direction, and then splicing in footage of the model taken before he gave the direction, so she looks like a moron.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Something that puzzles me about drew's shoots on this show. They always show him repeating a direction over and over and over again as the model ignores him. Doesn't seem to matter what model he's working with. I think the intention is the show the model as kinda dumb and unwilling to listen. But when *every* model gets that edit with him, it make me think something's up. Either they're not hearing him, or it's being edited to make it seem like he's repeating himself when he isn't. Or they're showing him giving the direction, and then splicing in footage of the model taken before he gave the direction, so she looks like a moron.

Thats a good question.  I wonder if he doesn't get a little testy with every model when giving direction, and he just isn't particularly patient.  But edited the right way, you can make it look like he gets upset in the middle of the shoot, instead of at the start of the shoot.  Like the model has been blowing him off for hours instead of him immediately getting testy and the model responding to his direction.

Or maybe they just can't figure out sage direction like "look less weird!"  "look better!"  "why do you look awful, stop looking awful!"

• Love 4
On 2/18/2017 at 7:10 AM, waving feather said:

I have never heard of Paper Magazine either. And that "iconic" cover of Rita on Paper Magazine is funny because the big hair covered 2/3 of her face that you can't even tell it's her. So much for individuality. 

I know Rita is a singer because I saw her as a coach the Voice UK but honestly, I have not heard one song of hers. Is she a good singer?

I think she is. She did a duet with her contestant when she was on X factor and it was pretty good to my ear. It was an overplayed yell-y song, though, so others may find it oversung, overdone. 

In pop I've only heard her on the Iggy Azalea track, and there was nothing super unique about her there, imho. 

LOL like many others have said, I find it hilarious that the show tries to portray Rita Ora as such a huge "celebrity" that she gets paparazzi swarming her everywhere and that she even gets told she looks like many different other famous people. What a joke!

India is too nice to be ANTM. She will probably be runner-up like poor big eyed Allison from cycle 12/all-stars and Anya from the Whitney cycle.

I also thought it was funny when Law Roach told Tash her Paper magazine cover looked like National Geographic. LOL I actually liked all the photos this week except for CoryAnne's as she looked like a cross between Cruella De Ville from "101 Dalmatians" and a sleepy poodle.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Mattipoo said:

LOL like many others have said, I find it hilarious that the show tries to portray Rita Ora as such a huge "celebrity" that she gets paparazzi swarming her everywhere and that she even gets told she looks like many different other famous people. What a joke!

Maybe the paparazzi are swarming her because they think she's someone else. lol

• Love 3

I find it hilarious that Tash made it back into the competition for being a good dancer.  Then the powers that be quickly remembered that this is a modelling competition and she sucks at modelling, so good-bye again!!

• Love 1
On 2/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, pinguina said:

Okay, I stumbled on this version of ANTM.  I'm sorry but it seems like a sub-par version of the original (and the last couple of seasons of the original were kind of - hmmm - gosh, I hate to sound as if I am so great but I can't think of any other word except maybe kind of trashy[?})  The judges don't seem to really give them any real critiques about how to improve. And the platinum hair guy is sort of annoying. (Although I am not above giggling at some of the things he says - sorry.)

Of the girls left I have to say that I like India the best.  IMO her pictures range from good to great. But I think probably Tatiana or Cody will win.

On another note - What is with all of the eye makeup that Rita Ora wears??  It does not do her any favors - in my opinion.   I have heard of her but how is she a big time boss or brand?

I think it's really subpar.  I just can't see Tyra allowing Courtney to keep wearing those eyebrows for one thing.  Tyra also gave the models more tips on modeling than I've seen here.