Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Finale, Part One

I think there has been some very insightful comments about Tieler's epic collapse.  His early work definitely suggested he was not just a top contender but was the prohibitive favorite to win the entire thing.  He started fading, but I chalked that up to his lack of endurance in the pressure atmosphere of the competition.  Some have it, some don't.  But what he sent down the runway in the all important final judging is a different story.  Without the constriction or perhaps guidance of a challenge, he simply went off the rails.  He definitely needed more direction but as you can see, when Tim tried to give it to him, he ignored it and even when the judges were clear about why they didn't like his mini-collection, he again ignored it, as Molly did when she got sent home.  When these kids say "this is my aesthetic, I'm sticking to it and I don't care what anyone says", you know they're not long for this contest and deservedly so.  Neither Molly or Tieler believed Tim, so his parting words showed he was not surprised by the outcomes.

Tieler also didn't seem to remember that the winning work will be featured in Seventeen and there's no way a girl in that age range would wear what he designed.  Hawwaa at least made something that had a youthful quality.  I hated the jacket but the jumpsuit was kind of cute.  You know the bar is low when kind of cute is the winner over dowdy.  I also think there is no way anyone involved with the show wanted to send Tieler home but they had no choice.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, blaase said:

When bee embroidery is the most interesting thing about your collection, you know you fucked up. 

Agreed. Tieler really lost his way. Lost his "objective eye" as Tim says. The shapes were basic. So the embroidery did all the heavy lifting.

9 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'll sit at the unpopular table with you.  Tieler is a sweet, uber-talented young man but that collection was 1980s grandma.  Seriously, I have a photo of an ancient aunt from back then wearing an embroidered blue housecoat and it looks very similar to his first look.  It's difficult to believe the same guy that designed the industrial felt coat and pants also came up with these clothes!  The simple shapes and the fact that he outsourced the embroidery really did him in.  The only way he could have won over Hawwaa with those looks is if she had done nothing but poorly sewn crop tops and circle skirts.

She pushed herself and came up with something unique, so good for her.  I kind of liked the jumpsuit and think if she had styled it differently it would have looked sophisticated.  As for the rest?  Who knows.  I agree with Christian about not really caring for her clothes but being intrigued by them and wanting to understand where they are coming from.  She's an interesting young woman and I like that she challenges beauty norms (something I've never been courageous enough to do myself!).

All of the kids this season have been great.  I very much appreciate their talent, their maturity and good sportsmanship, and their kindness towards one another.  It's wonderful to see these qualities being lived and valued, especially on a reality tv show. 

I like Haawaa quite a bit. She's over the top, but she's a teenage girl! I'd love to catch up with her in ten years. She's creative, she writes, she draws, she does fashion design. I bet she finds a hundred other ways to create and express herself in college. She may end up a playwright, a poet, or design cars, or fabulous houses, or stage sets. I enjoyed her father too. He must be an artist or creative person of some kind. Loved his red beard!

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Project Runway has always allowed contestants to use 3rd parties to do things as long as they could provide receipts and the cost of the outside work appeared to be market rate. Jeffrey Sebelia paid someone for leather work. He had to eliminate an item when he had no receipt. Kara Saun had to eliminate her shoes because they were not market rate. Others have used textile designers. And it makes sense because why should your collection be limited because you don't have the right equipment or materials.

Designers on PR have always outsourced components, no one is disputing that. But Tieler outsourced his embroidery and it did all the work. His clothes were pretty but not innovative or unique.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I see. I think at this point they chose by who will have a more "interesting" runway show. They should have used the past decisions weeks earlier when they decided todo this tie instead.

it's not like having Tieler do the finale was going to make his collection any better, so basing it on past experience doesn't get us anywhere.

• Love 4

Oh, I was so sad about Tieler, who I thought was really going to be a front-runner this season! Every time he says, "Mr. Tim", my heart jumps up a little bit. As much as I loved the embroidery, I agreed with everyone who said that his shapes were so simple that if they had no embellishment, they would be nothing. He went in a completely different direction than he had gone in during the challenges, and I think the simplicity as well as the monotony did him in. It's one thing to show a cohesive collection, it's another to have each look merely repeat the one before (basically). I liked Hawaa's jumpsuit, but I don't find the rest of her collection compelling. It's up to Izzy or Chelsea for me - I don't care for Chris's continuously clashing prints, although it's obvious he is Kelly's fave. I wish they had let Molly create a collection, too. I think she might have done something worth putting down the runway, and I hated that she was the only one let go in the previous episode.

• Love 2

I thought Tieler's pieces reminded me *exactly* of embroidered peasant shirts and dresses I remember seeing sold in tourist traps in Mexico in the 1970s (maybe they sell them still....). Nothing cool about it. I didn't hate Hawaa's at all. It was at least interesting.

• Love 3

The judges will always choose artsy over sweet, and they will always choose outlandish over well-made.

I knew Teiler would be sent home as soon as I saw the embroidery, even though his garments fit beautifully & his finishes were perfect.  It just wasn't edgy enough.  It broke my heart.  He made pieces that would be perfect for a summer garden party, sipping champagne & mint julips.  It was charming, but bland.  It just didn't feel original.

Hawaa's collection was garish (imo) & poorly constructed, but it had more of a street vibe and showed she is willing to take risks.  I personally felt it looked like she threw together too many fabrics, colors, and design ideas in an attempt to make her collection look campy-cool, and the result was contrived & pretentious ...but at least it drew a reaction.  Love it or hate it, the judges felt something.

Between these two, there was no clear winner from the judges' perspectives.  I'm hoping that means they will be impressed enough with one of the other 3 collections to award the win. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, auntlada said:

Hawwaa's going to win, isn't she?

I don't know.   The possibility can't be denied, not because of her work but because the PR franchise has demonstrated a a streak of political correctness in the past (Ashley, chosen largely because she was designing for plus-sized).

I have a suspicion Chris will win because I find him the most insufferable of the group.    Lately, the designer I like the least usually wins PR shows (Ashley, and whatshername who won PR last season).

• Love 2

I was so disappointed in Tyler's collection! He seems a really nice person and I enjoyed his looks through the season, this collection was so completely boring. What a shame. His exit was really gracious. I hope he has success in the future.

Hawwaa's jumpsuit... what the??? The crotch was terrible, the legs were at different length... That was a bit of a mess. By comparison the other look was better. She does have her own point of view for sure, I'm just not convinced it's an interesting one.

• Love 2

Teiler would have benefited from a true home visit...you know...at home.  Tim's critique might have set him straight but, alas, we will never know.  It's a shame, really.  

Can't prove it but it seems like Kelly has way too much influence on the decision of who's in and who's out.  The judges are so inconsistent.  Didn't they tell Hawwaa last week that her clothes were too samey-samey and this time she was told just the opposite.  They tell the designers to "surprise" them then auf Teiler for not giving them what they expected.  Makes the head spin.

If things go as they have on grown-up PR the last couple of seasons, Hawwaa will win this as they prefer unmarketable clown costumes to clothes with a moderate amount of sophistication but they're bored.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, limecoke said:

Teiler would have benefited from a true home visit...you know...at home.  Tim's critique might have set him straight but, alas, we will never know.  It's a shame, really.  

Yeah, I guess they were too cheap to fly Tim to the homes like they do for the regular show. They tried to cover it up with those lame "home videos." What can Tim do at the point they are already there? There's no way he could change all that embroidery-overload at that point.

• Love 5

Teiler committed one of the biggest sins on PR by designing something suited for a mature, conservative woman.   No shock he was the one to go.  Still, out of the entire group, he probably has the best shot at a career with some longevity.  I can see him going the route of Chloe Dao.  She also designed for a specific woman, one that doesn't fit the PR "fashion forward" mold, and has had a successful career since PR.  Those specific women are paying customers though.  

Haawaa got lucky...through the entire series.  

• Love 10

Chloe Dao designs are current and hip (for lack of a better word). 

http://www.chloedao.com/

I am 70 years old and would NEVER wear any clothes I have seen on PR that have been dubbed for older women by posters/judges.  I live in jeans, shirts and cutting edge funky shoes/short boots.  Tieler's collection was NOT for older women.  It was for women who liked it no matter how old.   I didn't like it and I am old. When you age you don't lose your personal fashion sense for fuck sake.  Ok, rant over.  :^)  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 21

Random thoughts:

Of course tAHmi spells it Tieler. Of course she does.

It is low key pissing me off that we're near the end of the season and the judges still can't pronounce Hawwaa's name.

I second whoever made the Quaker Factory comment.

The visits with Tim and the families were wierd. As if the parents haven't been on set the entire time.

Hawwaa's head was extraordinarily large and mishapen this episode. I'm am really curious to know what kind of hair she has going on under that scarf.

prjr2-ep9-18.jpg

• Love 2

I felt bad for the brothers and sisters sitting there being ignored (mostly) and having to hear people talk about how great their brother or sister was. I especially felt bad for Hawwaa's sister as her father talked about how Hawwaa was his mature child and none of the rest of his children were mature at all (paraphrasing, but that's what it sounded like to me).

• Love 4
On 2017-02-16 at 5:14 PM, Canada said:

Thanks.  Yes, for me anyway, it airs on Bravo here.  I don't know what's going on with my local listings today.

Did it air in Canada last night? I was all excited to watch the recording on my pvr tonight, but instead, they showed an episode of Relic Hunter. Then again, knowing that Tieler is gone, maybe I didn't miss much. 

23 minutes ago, hula-la said:

Did it air in Canada last night? I was all excited to watch the recording on my pvr tonight, but instead, they showed an episode of Relic Hunter. Then again, knowing that Tieler is gone, maybe I didn't miss much. 

I did manage to watch it live, but couldn't PVR it.  Like you, I tuned in at the regular time and saw Relic Hunter (possibly the worst TV show ever!!).  But waited until later and it came on, at the time when Relic Hunter was advertised to be on!  And it went on for 90 minutes, so it also cut into part of whatever the next advertised show was too.  I don't know what's going on with my listings recently, but they've really been messing up.  And it looks like they're messing up ANTM again for me next week.

• Love 1

Woof. They were both awful, but at least Hawaa's didn't look like something my mom wore in the late 80s. I swear she had those exact yellow capris with dumb flowers stitched at the cuffs and I thought they were awful and old lady then. And then we have Jerry Seinfeld's Puffy Shirt meets Betsey Johnson. That a literal jester suit was the best thing on the runway is a sad state of affairs. Hopefully the other three have something that looks like it was made this century.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, hula-la said:

Bravo screwed up ROYALLY.  I'm PISSED.

They said because it was 1.5 hours , they had to air it at 11 pm.  (With no warning!!!!) So of course, all of us who set our DVRs -- and my DVR clearly said PR Junior was airing at 9 !!!!!!!!  --- missed out. 

I called my TV provider, because I pay $10 a month to watch Bravo, and they blamed Bravo.... for F*** sakes...

So Canadians, please watch for this issue next week!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Canada said:

I did manage to watch it live, but couldn't PVR it.  Like you, I tuned in at the regular time and saw Relic Hunter (possibly the worst TV show ever!!).  But waited until later and it came on, at the time when Relic Hunter was advertised to be on!  And it went on for 90 minutes, so it also cut into part of whatever the next advertised show was too.  I don't know what's going on with my listings recently, but they've really been messing up.  And it looks like they're messing up ANTM again for me next week.

Thanks to you and Ms. Blue Jay for the heads up! I have dance classes on Thursdays, so rely on my pvr. I'll set it up to record the other shows just in case. I normally love me some Bravo for bringing PR back to Canada, as well as airing Suits and Underground, but not happy with this one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bitchin camaro said:

Woof. They were both awful, but at least Hawaa's didn't look like something my mom wore in the late 80s. I swear she had those exact yellow capris with dumb flowers stitched at the cuffs and I thought they were awful and old lady then. And then we have Jerry Seinfeld's Puffy Shirt meets Betsey Johnson. 

I love me some Betsey. I am 37 and she is pretty much the only designer I have ever actively shopped for and worn. I have yet to see anything created by Hawwaa that I would wear.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't know.   The possibility can't be denied, not because of her work but because the PR franchise has demonstrated a a streak of political correctness in the past (Ashley, chosen largely because she was designing for plus-sized).

Don't forget the Native American, Patricia, who also designed over-the-top (not in a good way) clothes, making the finale.  As soon as Hawwaa was introduced, I told my mom (who I watch PR with) that she was going all the way as an African American Muslim.  I don't feel that's why someone should win, or be kept each week despite several opportunities to auf them.   (Frankly I think Hawwaa should have been gone weeks ago.)  Nor do I think being White, Asian, Hispanic, male, female, gay or any other "label" should win based on that label.   I guess I am getting cynical in my old age.  

That said, Tieler did choke.  I thought his was the lesser of two evils, but I knew he was doomed.  Neither one was good but really, circus and collection should not be used in the same sentence.  Hawwaa continues to use the same techniques (weird color blocking) every challenge, and used it a lot in her collection.  While Tieler didn't live up to his potential, he did do something completely different from what he usually does. 

I'm with those who don't really care who wins.  No one stands out to me anymore.  It's sad, I thought the season started out so strong, and slowly it deteriorated.  Now PR Jr. is just like all the other PRs.

• Love 4

Both Kelly and Hannah were wearing prints at the Judging that could have found a home in Hawwaa's collection. I'm not upset that she's moving forward, though I think she did show some of her strongest looks. I remain skeptical over the fuzzy romper look. I know the circus theme has been done frequently, but she's got a pretty eye catching take.

I saw van Gogh's colors, but that's about it. I don't care for large, solid pieces of embroidery, for the most part, but the bee coat was pretty coolish.

I won't be upset about any of the four finalists winning, based on personality alone... we'll see how I feel when I get a closer look at their fashions. 

• Love 2

I agree...

Hawaa is going to win.  This show doesn't pick the winner on talent, but rather political correctness, if you can call it that.  She is painful to look at, and she survived being in the bottom numerous times.  

After seeing the collection Tieler came up with, after having weeks to design, it almost looked looked like he was deliberately throwing the whole thing.

Now, if we choose to continue with this show, we will be subjected to accolades for the color freak, face-pierced sub par talent of Hawaa, and how she has wonderfully evolved into a force of fashion. Ugh

Edited by Tara
  • Love 4

Over the course of the season, I have liked Tieler's work more than Hawwaa's, but based on the two pieces that they each sent down the runway, I understand why the judges chose Hawwaa for the final four. While I agree with Hannah's concern that Hawwaa's clothes as is might not be as marketable for the ready to wear market, the two pieces she showed the judges were much more interesting than Tieler's. He used very simple silhouettes with embroidered flowers. Yes, the bees were cute and I liked the placement of them on the blue jacket, they didn't have the wow factor for a runway show. I thought the judges were kind to describe his pieces as demure because I thought they looked dated and old lady-ish. It pains me to say that because overall, I have preferred his designs. But what he produced is stuff you can already buy at the mall, and that's not fashion forward.

• Love 9
On 2/16/2017 at 11:04 PM, Almost 3000 said:

I'm an old lady and thought his clothes looked old ladyish or better yet a QVC collection by Quacker Factory. I did like a chiffon stuff a bit.

I was at Stein Mart last weekend and the place was overrun with embroidered clothes.  Many were very cute and I left with a pair of embroidered jeans by Democracy but it's Stein Mart, which to me is very "40 years and up".  I noticed Tieler nodded emphatically when Christian remarked on embroidery being all the rage, but I think him following a current trend did home no favors.  PR wants trendsetters.  

Just now, Winston9-DT3 said:

I was at Stein Mart last weekend and the place was overrun with embroidered clothes.  Many were very cute and I left with a pair of embroidered jeans by Democracy but it's Stein Mart, which to me is very "40 years and up".  I noticed Tieler nodded emphatically when Christian remarked on embroidery being all the rage, but I think him following a current trend did home no favors.  PR wants trendsetters.  

I love embroidery, in fact I still have some vintage Karen Kane, who used to do some nice work, because I can't part with the pretty work. His just seemed doughty but I would have loved to have seen the chiffon walk because it looked like the embellishment placement was better.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2017 at 8:18 AM, absolutqt said:

LOL.  Ok, I thought she said "fate.". And I thought that was all kinds of awesome!  Not a unicorn, not a mermaid---a giant sea turtle.  Love.  

I'm fairly sure she did say 'fate.'

I have hated Hawaa all season, but I thought her collection was super fun and interesting. It was made pretty poorly though. I liked Tieler's stuff too, but I expected better from him.

• Love 3

I think they both styled the models themselves and that didn't help.  The flats that Tieler chose accentuated the nurse like feel of his first look.

Watching the fashions again, Hawwaa's ringmaster look was actually cute without that jacket.  The color blocked top was appealing and I would have loved to see how it looked with the layered ruffle skirt but we didn't get the long shot.  Again, editing would have been much better for her.

• Love 2

I'm just hoping some of these kids, when they turn 18, try out for the mothership, or more easily, are invited to All-Stars, assuming the franchise still exists.  If they can have UTG fug-lumni, they can have PRJ alumni.

• Love 4

I find it funny that people think Izzy is quirky and possibly brain damaged because of her comment about the world being on the back of a turtle.  It's actually not such a crazy thing for her to say; this cultural belief exists in a number of parts of the world, including China.  Based on Izzy's mother, and I may be making huge assumptions here, it may in fact be a cultural belief/myth that she grew up hearing about.  Not a sign of her insanity!  :)

I find the comments about Hawwaa's looks to be a bit much sometimes.  She's definitely got her own style going on and it's not a style that I would choose.  But describing her as 'painful to look' at is a bit much.  Can any of us really look back at our teenage years and think that we looked good??

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, Canada said:

Can any of us really look back at our teenage years and think that we looked good??

Sparkle white nailpolish and patent leather boots with hotpants. Oh yeah, the 70s :)

• Love 5

Whoah, after seeing Tieler's clothes I knew he was going home. I live in New Orleans, and those outfits look like what a debutante would wear to Easter brunch at Commander's Palace. That's not a bad thing--they're very pretty, and I'm sure Tieler could make a lot of money selling a line like this--but I can see why the judges weren't that impressed. I think if he had done Southern debutante with some kind of creative new spin on it, it could have been great. But who wants to see just simple, pretty clothes in a runway show?

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Canada said:

I find the comments about Hawwaa's looks to be a bit much sometimes.  She's definitely got her own style going on and it's not a style that I would choose.  But describing her as 'painful to look' at is a bit much.  Can any of us really look back at our teenage years and think that we looked good??

Well, I also find it difficult to focus on Hawwaa.  As an older lady, I do not care for piercings on the face, and her makeup is very gaudy.  I've seen photos of her without the makeup and she is a beautiful young woman.  I guess I just don't understand the need to mess with your pretty looks to look "unpretty" to make some "statement" which I cannot figure out.   Yes, she has her own style, I just happen not to like it.  Not a sin.  And I thought I looked pretty good as a teenager in the Stone Age!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Canada said:

Can any of us really look back at our teenage years and think that we looked good??

I looked FABULOUS! (Okay, I was a model, and OTHER people made me look fab, but I'm owning it now.)

Did the judges ask them all last week why they belong in the finale? PRA does it each season, but I usually fast-forward, and Hawaaa' s pageant answer, especially with Tieler standing next to her, seemed forced and rehearsed, so I knew the outcome and now I know next week's result and won't have to watch.

Tieler should have sent his models down the runway with a bandage over one ear to drive the point further. 

• Love 4

But describing her as 'painful to look' at is a bit much. 

Face piercings, bright gaudy colors on her face make her painful to look at, for me.  I'm an older woman, and I find her borderline hideous.  Not her natural look, mind you, but what she does to herself.

• Love 9

Hawwaa is a bit of a non-conformist and wants to have fun.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm a bit fascinated by the conservative head covering paired with blue eyebrows, green lipstick and face piercings.  It's not a look I'd choose for myself, but then the world would be a boring and stifling place if we all had to look the same to be considered pretty, acceptable, worthy of attention, etc. 

I can understand why some people think Hawwaa will win based on past winners of PR (Ashley, Erin) but I don't think it will happen.  Christian and Hannah don't care for her clothes at all and Aya's opinion of them isn't much better.  Chelsea, Chris and Izzy are much stronger designers and have banked quite a bit of praise with the judges.  The only reason she's in the finale is because Tieler blew it not once but twice.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Hawwaa is a bit of a non-conformist and wants to have fun.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm a bit fascinated by the conservative head covering paired with blue eyebrows, green lipstick and face piercings. 

there was a lot of discussion early on in the season as to whether she wore the head covering for religious reasons or "just because." Since her mother also wears it, I'm leaning toward it being for religious reasons, but she has the freedom to also wear the more over-the-top makeup and piercings.

ETA also if I recall correctly her models have always been pretty covered up, but in a way that doesn't scream "MODESTY."  Like she'll have a sundress kind of thing, but it will be on top of a contrasting shirt rather than over bare skin.  I may be wrong that it's been 100% but that certainly has been something of a pattern with her. 

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1

I'm pretty open minded about unique looks but I find Hawaa's offputting.  The eyebrows are what puts it over the top, I think.  I know heavy brows have been in for a while but when they're that heavy, much less blue, they just look like Groucho Marx.  And what teen girl wants to look like an old man comedian caricature?  The multi-colored day-glow rainbow eyeshadow is a little hard to look at, too, just from an optical perspective.  And I can't help but wonder how comfortable and practical the mid-lip piercing is.

2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Hawwaa is a bit of a non-conformist and wants to have fun.

I would say you're right about the makeup. But the headscarf IS comformity. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I raised by nuns, so I know from religious/cultural headcovering. But piercings are the height of conforming. Again, nothing wrong with doing whatever you want to yourself, but I have an empathic reaction to piercings and have to look away from her when she is on screen. It's not just her, though. I react that way to anyone with piercings that I can see.

• Love 3

Project Runway has just lost its luster for me.

I'm interested to watch All Stars, if it actually happens (since I can't find out anything online anywhere), but it's not must see TV for me anymore. Not even sure I'll watch original recipe next season. I'm certain I won't watch PR JR anymore, unless I come back here to see what's happening and you guys talk about how fab it is.

I'm done with this season. I loved the elegance of Tieler's clothes over the craziness of Hawa's, but its really Hawa's attitude that made me disappointed she moved on. The way she treated Akai (?), the 13 year old, and her haughtiness turned me off a long time ago. Out of those left, I think Chris is the best, but the judges want Hawa to win.

• Love 3

I'm fine with this final 4.  I am a fan of mixing styles, fabrics, patterns, etc.  so I've liked Hawaa's and Chris' work from the beginning.  Their construction is a little sloppy - especially Hawaa's but the ideas are there and they seem to have gotten more skilled at pulling things together as the show went on.  I'm not sure either could be considered "high fashion" like one would expect from a runway show, and for that reason, I would be surprised if either won.  I think it's going to come down to Izzy and Chelsea, and I think I might be leaning toward Izzy.  Her construction has been a little sloppy too, but she has "high-fashion" ideas and is innovative.  With the benefit of time at home, she might deliver something great on the runway.  I hope so, anyway.  Chelsea's work is always good.  I'm actually looking forward to the finale to see what everyone came up with.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

there was a lot of discussion early on in the season as to whether she wore the head covering for religious reasons or "just because." Since her mother also wears it, I'm leaning toward it being for religious reasons, but she has the freedom to also wear the more over-the-top makeup and piercings.

ETA also if I recall correctly her models have always been pretty covered up, but in a way that doesn't scream "MODESTY."  Like she'll have a sundress kind of thing, but it will be on top of a contrasting shirt rather than over bare skin.  I may be wrong that it's been 100% but that certainly has been something of a pattern with her. 

Haawaa herself was covered up for Tim's family visit in California, in long pants, long-sleeved shirt and hijab on what appeared to be a sunny, warm day.

I was rooting for Tieler but I knew that Hawaa would win as soon as I saw his collection.  He let the embroidery do the heavy lifting, and when I heard "boring" I knew that was the kiss of death.  

Couple notes from the episode:

Of course "Tieler" is spelled that way since his mom is "Tahmi". Pleas autotype let me just type those names!!!

After seeing Hawaa's dad's red beard I understand her love of color blocking on her face.

I love Hannah more after her complete breakdown at Tieler's elimination. She's just adorable to me.

i would take Kelly so much more seriously if she just looked more "normal". Her comments are very often really good but I can't get past her weird styling choices.  This episode her hair was much more normal and I found myself respecting her more.  Does that make me shallow?

• Love 1

I'm so "meeh" about this season...

I was expecting so much more of Tieler's collection, but as it is, it was safe and yeah I'd wear a lot of it and none of Hawwaa's stuff, but it wasn't anything special not like the stuff we've seen him do during the season.
I was hoping for him and Molly to be in the finale, but I get why he didn't go on (and I'd suspect Molly's collection would have gone an equally safe way).

But while I understand the decision between Tieler and Hawwaa - since when is "Circus" a good thing in fashion? I'd not be happy if that would be the first word someone writes on their card, even if it was the inspiration. It means it's silly, too much... I got kind of a sensory overload from her stuff and she should just EDIT a lot more. Because the colorblocking could be cool, but... it isn't. And her construction is just wonky (and I wish sometimes they'd inspect things like on the Sewing Bee).

I miss Maya and Peytie and their awesomeness! And having something to look forward for in the finale...

• Love 3
On 2/16/2017 at 9:37 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Why does Kelly Osborne have a weirdly different hairdo every week?  Why did Mondo always look like he was dressed in a nerdy kid's Halloween costume every time he was judging applicants or runway shows?

Because they're super cool and edgy, of course!

my daughter and I just started watching and we love it!  These kids are so much more professional, drama-free, and produce much better work than their adult counterparts!  

I knew hawwaa would be in.   Even if her clothes were clownish and juvenile, I knew they would think at least they're different and they'll want to know what she will bring to the finale!  Tieler's  where asthetically pleasing and wearable, but the simple silhouettes and outsourcing the embroidery did him in. 

Headscarves and green lipstick with multiple face piercings will now be in.