Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E07: Week 7: Bimini

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Somebody mentioned it on this board before, but am I the only person that did not get the memo about rompers being the must have item in your closet? 

So true. I think it's a very juvenile look. Of course I'm decades past their age, but even if I were not, I wouldn't do it. 

4 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Taking nothing away from Rachel, I believe that Nick very much wanted to be known as the Bachelor that brought "diversity" to the franchise. I think it was a plan by the producers to promote a woman of color, and I'll bet they vetted her like she was getting a security clearance at the Pentagon.

LOL

• Love 1

Did she go to law school?  I thought she said she rethought it when her dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and she moved back home. 

I interpreted it as she was going to law school, but then left and did not complete it.  But also could have meant she intended to go and then did not even start. Either way- I am impressed that a plan to go to law school was in place, and this makes her a lot more interesting and more of a catch in my eyes.  Raven has really been a dark horse this season to make it this far.  From her quad-riding intro I thought she would be gone night 1, but then I also thought that about Alexis Shark, and she hung in there in a very reputable way also.  

Since the Bachelorette is spoiled, it is my conclusion that Rachel will leave as F4 or F3.  This leaves Raven for a potential F2.  If Corrinne is the F2 I will be completely convinced this show is scripted and the bachelor does not make his own choices 100%.  As if I did not think this already!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

That is my opinion as well......steady ratings (for the reasons I listed above) aside, they know the feedback they have gotten and the comments they see on social media and with these recappers.  I wonder how vocal some of the discarded women have been?  I also wonder if we will ever get the true story on Rachel and Vanessa...they both just seem too perfect.    

It just seems like the season I chose to watch is the worst one. But then again, I saw pictures of other Bachelor's and I have a feeling it could be worse. 

Nick is ok when he is dressed well and posing....but the minute he opens his mouth the illusion of attractiveness is gone.  He also needs to stay away from beachwear.  Formal dress is his strong suit. 

Lovely moment when the bartender said something like make him need you not want you. 

Having been there, I can honestly tell you that nothing about Nick makes me believe he can handle what goes along with marrying or even seriously dating someone of another race.    In the fantasy world people will try to tell you it doesn't matter, but in the real world (and especially depending on where you live) you have to be strong enough in who you are apart and together to withstand some of the things that  may come your way.  I remember one of my company Christmas parties years ago when I was in corporate.  When my co worker's realized my husband was white, no one wanted to sit at our table.   People who had been very friendly toward me could not meet my eyes.  We are both educated professionals and this was an insurance company.  He also coined what he calls the "approving stare"  which is true, sometimes when we are out we will see people who will kind of nod in approval,  or look at us in total disgust.  Some people go out of their way to make sure we know that they are "o.k." with us (as if it matters) , and others become hostile.  I have been confronted by men who wanted to know why I was with my husband.    No way Nick would be able to handle situations like that.   If you are lucky you live in a diverse place where largely things like that don't happen, but they do happen sometimes and some people are just not comfortable with it.    I noted that Rachel talked about how her family would react to Nick, but I did not see a discussion about how HIS family would react to her. 

Nick just does not strike me as the strong person in the relationship.   I don't know much about the other seasons, but looking at the people they cast I truly hope they do  not  have people from other seasons return for  Rachel.  I would not be at all surprised if Nick shows up at the end of her season saying he made a mistake.....he will do anything to be on television. 

Taking nothing away from Rachel, I believe that Nick very much wanted to be known as the Bachelor that brought "diversity" to the franchise. I think it was a plan by the producers to promote a woman of color, and I'll bet they vetted her like she was getting a security clearance at the Pentagon.  I honestly think that is part of the reason he was chosen over some others that were up for the job.   As the "first black woman," they made sure to stay away from any stereotypes.......she had to be in shape, tick, she had to have a professional job...tick, speak well...tick... impressive parents, tick.etc.  They wanted to be sure that when they put a minority out there it would be someone who was "acceptable" to the others......and not too light skinned or mixed race to have the other segment hollering that they did not choose a "real black woman." 

I wonder how heartbroken Rachel was?  Just from body language and looks it is clear many of them realized long ago Nick was not their type and they were just along for the ride. I wonder if she felt a responsibility to do the show....just to represent minorities?  It is a shame to me that people feel like this is such a victory.  We have so many serious issues to overcome, but hundreds of thousands of people thought one of them was having the Bachelor franchise accept a minority?   Although I get totally why Rachel is doing this, and I know it would be hard to turn down what they are offering, I had hoped she would be too smart to continue with this show.   There will be a segment of minorities that never watched the show that will tune in out of curiosity, but I don't really expect a boon in ratings.  Most people made up their mind about the show long ago and some just see Rachel as a token for the network to save face in light of all the racism claims. 

Howard Stern asked him about that before the Rachel reveal

C4Qk8acVYAAqixn.jpg:large

• Love 2

I am forever amused how Nick keeps making it clear, without outright stating it that Danielle L. was dumb. There will always be cynicism and of course Reality Steve was the first, when spoiling that Rachel got the FIR to basically suggest that Nick did it because he knew it would make him look good in some viewers' eyes. Because of course god forbid he actually legitimately be attracted to a black woman. There must be some nefarious reason behind it. 

• Love 8

Anybody notice that Corinne wears a red string bracelet like Kabbalah?

i am trying really hard to find the kind of chemistry Nick had with Kaitlyn and it's not there with any of these women. I'm a Nick fan but he doesn't seem interested and I think it may be because of an inability to focus on a woman without thinking about hurting the others. He doesn't seem excited about any of them. It may be editing though so that we will be left in suspense, will Nick find love? It may very well be that he has shown every bit of excitement toward Vanessa as he did with Kaitlyn or Andi but it's being edited out. It seems like they are editing a lot out which is why they're using Corinne as filler. I really think Nick is a nice guy but he's also a one-woman guy. Maybe as soon as he picks Vanessa and can concentrate his efforts on her, we will see the excitement we saw before. I think Vanessa is the chosen one for sure although bevause I like him and I'm rooting for him, I wish he would pick Raven. 

My opinion of Raven is that she does care about Nick because she is a caring person. I think she really likes him. But she also sees this show for what it is which makes her the smartest of the bunch. Somebody mentioned that Nick likes a chase and Raven hangs back and she's pretty chill just like he appears to be.

Bottom line. I think Raven is on the show for the vacations and I'm digging it. I think Nick is too. If she ends up loving him in the end, then great. Unfortunately Vanessa is my pick. I seriously hope I'm wrong.

• Love 3
Just now, Nowhere said:

i am trying really hard to find the kind of chemistry Nick had with Kaitlyn

And funny, all I ever saw between Nick and Kaitlyn was lust and I feel like he eventually knew that as well, which is why he seemed to get over that situation much easier than he did with Andi. I've said it before and I still believe it that Nick fell in love with Andi while Kaitlyn he liked well enough and enjoyed having sex with her.

No, I don't think like some that there's any lingering feelings for Andi and I don't know if I agree that if she'd chosen him they would be married by now (maybe. I imagine it certainly would not have been the disaster that was her and Josh) but I absolutely believed that Nick fell in love with Andi, enough for him to still have feelings for her after he'd gotten out of the bubble of the show. With Kaitlyn, as soon as he was out of that bubble and away from crazy Shawn who he clearly enjoyed making miserable, I'm positive Nick was pretty much, "yeah well that happened".

Nick's feelings over the Kaitlyn situation was being embarrassed that he would now forever be the guy dumped twice at F2, imo. As for Raven, she's certainly the dark horse and I've thought that since the beginning of the season but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that she's a better choice for Nick than Vanessa. To me they both seem like great women.

In my opinion, I think Nick wanted Vanessa since their first date but after all this time, he of everyone knows how this show works. I also think that's why the producers have done a bit of hatchet job on their relationship since their first 1 on 1. After that first 1 on 1 most of the comments online was that this was so over. And since then Vanessa's been virtually invisible. And then their next 1 on 1 ends on her feeling dejected over Nick's not saying I Love You back. I feel like this is classic F1 editing. Meanwhile we'll see Raven emerge more so it'll seem like she might be the one in the end when in truth, Nick was likely always into Vanessa. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

i am trying really hard to find the kind of chemistry Nick had with Kaitlyn and it's not there with any of these women. I'm a Nick fan but he doesn't seem interested and I think it may be because of an inability to focus on a woman without thinking about hurting the others. He doesn't seem excited about any of them. It may be editing though so that we will be left in suspense, will Nick find love?

Yeah but you're also leaving out the part where on kaitlyn's season, he was one of the 25-30 guys competing for her. He HAD to try hard and seem interested. This is his season now (or corinne's), so he can just sit back and have the girls chase him for once. I do feel that this is a very unproductive season and I don't think anything will come out of it even when he inevitably picks vanessa. I give them 6 months and a magazine cover but that's it. Nick knows how to play the game and he's doing fine at it, but let's not kid ourselves. He is not here to find love. He's here for DWTS to find him.

• Love 3

I think nick wanted to keep Kristina, but TPTB forced him to keep Corrine. He seemed genuinely upset in sending kristina home. It's not like he could come out and tell her the real reason. I often wonder if they ever get a chance to whisper the real reason untaped. Vanessa's absence from all the scenes when the women are chilling or saying goodbye to each other are telling. I was surprised he didn't use stronger language than, "I really like you," when he was replying to her declaration. Why not just say he's starting to feel the same, but wants to wait till no one is left to hurt?

with Rachel, I'm wondering if the announcement is so the contestants who may be uncomfortable can withdraw, or to also get more men of color interested. 

• Love 1
On 2/13/2017 at 10:01 PM, RHJunkie said:

It was interesting to see Corinne's insecurity this week. She was complaining about Vanessa and Kristina but I guess she forgot that she said that she wasn't there to make friends....so why would she expect that any of the other women would open to her (or the other women) as friends and share more than the bare minimum with everyone. It's also ironic that Corinne would question someone else's 'depth' because her interactions with Nick have had zero depth. After her failed seduction attempt, Nick specifically talked about their physical attraction. Makes me think that producers aren't hiding any of the emotional depth that may be going on between the two of them...seems there might be none there. I thought it was funny that she passed the opened automatic door to go through the manual door instead, lol.

That was funny. As was her super awkward walking in those shoes (not that I'm particularly skilled at even standing up in shoes that tall). Also, I don't know anything about the supposed Rachel-Vanessa feud, but the look on Rachel's face when Corinne was going on about Vanessa's lack of depth suggests that, whether she actually likes Vanessa or not, she at least has some respect for her as a person, because she was looking at Corinne like she'd just grown a second head.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:23 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I think Nick is a classic over-explainer at times. Most people know that the lead does not or cannot tell the contestants they love them too until they pick someone. Because otherwise you have situations like Ben's mess last season. Oh and apparently Kaitlyn was telling Nick she loved him but they didn't show it. In any case, I think Nick wanted Vanessa to understand why he couldn't or wouldn't say I love You back. But the way he explained it, she came away feeling like he was essentially saying he wouldn't say it again until it was that super amazing special woman and she's not that one.

And the thing is, I don't think that's what he was saying. But his delivery was almost a little cold and then he added the dreaded, "I really like you". Not even "I care about you so much" but "I really like you". And I think it just understandably made her question his feelings. It was a pretty awkward moment to watch to be honest - saved only by Vanessa looking out of this world gorgeous. That was some dress. 

Definitely this. I think he could have just smiled meaningfully and conveyed much more what I think he was trying to (i.e. "I feel it too, but I can't say it yet.") than his extraordinarily awkward attempt to explain why he couldn't say it. Sometimes less talking is definitely better.

2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

My opinion of Raven is that she does care about Nick because she is a caring person. I think she really likes him. But she also sees this show for what it is which makes her the smartest of the bunch. Somebody mentioned that Nick likes a chase and Raven hangs back and she's pretty chill just like he appears to be.

Bottom line. I think Raven is on the show for the vacations and I'm digging it. I think Nick is too. If she ends up loving him in the end, then great. Unfortunately Vanessa is my pick. I seriously hope I'm wrong.

I found it very interesting that on their group date, both times that they were all lounging on the boat, Raven was the one not sitting directly next to Nick, and she didn't seem bothered by it either time. She's clearly either truly chill and confident (or faking it well), or she doesn't really care about him one way or the other. Either way, good for her, I suppose.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

That was funny. As was her super awkward walking in those shoes (not that I'm particularly skilled at even standing up in shoes that tall). Also, I don't know anything about the supposed Rachel-Vanessa feud, but the look on Rachel's face when Corinne was going on about Vanessa's lack of depth suggests that, whether she actually likes Vanessa or not, she at least has some respect for her as a person, because she was looking at Corinne like she'd just grown a second head.

She did look super awkward walking in the shoes. Not sure if she's just not used to heels that high or if she didn't break the shoes in well before showcasing her strut on national television but she definitely looked like she needed some more time at least to acclimate. Of course they would include a specific camera shot that's just on her walking in her heels, lol.

I wonder if Rachel and Vanessa's issues with each other has to do with scoping each other has the main competition. In any case, Rachel is a lawyer and either knows better or isn't so petty to let clashes within the house to reduce her to gossip and trash talking. As you mentioned, I'm sure even she recognized the insanity of those words coming out of Corinne's mouth and probably knew better than to agree with all the extra stuff.

• Love 1

Nick HAD to turn down Corrine's platinum vajay, it was a setup to match his with Andi on ATFR. That's when Corrine would announce on national teevee, "If you didn't want to chose me, WHY DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH ME?" I'm positive Nick was flashing to that bad déja vu experience during Corrine's try at seduction.

• Love 4

I was just thinking back to all the talk and mentions by the women in their initial meetings that Nick was all about sex... and now... yeah. Beside the empty kisses he's doled out to everyone I've yet to see any passion or even hints at him being anything like that. Corrine yes, but Nick? Not so much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

2 hours ago, kingshearte said:

She did look super awkward walking in the shoes. Not sure if she's just not used to heels that high or if she didn't break the shoes in well before showcasing her strut on national television but she definitely looked like she needed some more time at least to acclimate. Of course they would include a specific camera shot that's just on her walking in her heels, lol.

They were insanely high platform with stillettos.  And pretty tricky floors.  But still, Those shoes are going to be tough no matter how acclimated you are.  The only people I've ever seen walk in them successfully are Victoria's secret Angels.  And they get paid A LOT of money to make that strut sexy.  

Awful as this is to say out about a woman, I think Corinne is carrying an extra 10 lbs on a fairly small frame since the start of the season.  I think those 10 pounds are making it a lot harder to balance in those crazy shoes.  High heels just make carrying that weight a whole lot harder, and it showed. 

4 minutes ago, fib said:

They were insanely high platform with stillettos.  And pretty tricky floors.  But still, Those shoes are going to be tough no matter how acclimated you are.  The only people I've ever seen walk in them successfully are Victoria's secret Angels.  And they get paid A LOT of money to make that strut sexy.  

Awful as this is to say out about a woman, I think Corinne is carrying an extra 10 lbs on a fairly small frame since the start of the season.  I think those 10 pounds are making it a lot harder to balance in those crazy shoes.  High heels just make carrying that weight a whole lot harder, and it showed. 

I'm no Victoria Secret model but I can manage high heels pretty well (at a socially acceptable pace...can't run/skip/jog/walk really fast in them like some women I've seen). Victoria Beckham is a pro at it. Ashley Graham is a size 16 and about 200 lbs and she can strut down a runway in stilettos and lingerie. She's not Giselle or Naomi but her walk is solid and nowhere near the bambi-like walk that Corinne was doing, lol.

I really think that Corinne was walking like that because she was landing all of her weight into the front of her foot. A natural walk is heel then toe. She was doing the opposite and I would guess it's because she doesn't usually wear shoes like that and didn't trust the heels to support her weight (a common mistake that I used to do A LOT in the past) or maybe there was little grip on her shoes and with the floors, she thought she would get better traction by putting most of her weight on the part of her shoe with the highest surface volume. Not trying to turn it into a science but I'm short and I love heels (and while to this day can't figure out how to not have my feet ache from a night out in heels) so I wear them often when I go out. When I used to try and avoid putting any weight on the heel, my aunt used to always ask me if I had hurt my leg because it kind of look like I was limping and Corinne's walk looked a lot like my technique when I was younger, haha.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm no Victoria Secret model but I can manage high heels pretty well (at a socially acceptable pace...can't run/skip/jog/walk really fast in them like some women I've seen). Victoria Beckham is a pro at it. Ashley Graham is a size 16 and about 200 lbs and she can strut down a runway in stilettos and lingerie. She's not Giselle or Naomi but her walk is solid and nowhere near the bambi-like walk that Corinne was doing, lol.

I really think that Corinne was walking like that because she was landing all of her weight into the front of her foot. A natural walk is heel then toe. She was doing the opposite and I would guess it's because she doesn't usually wear shoes like that and didn't trust the heels to support her weight (a common mistake that I used to do A LOT in the past) or maybe there was little grip on her shoes and with the floors, she thought she would get better traction by putting most of her weight on the part of her shoe with the highest surface volume. Not trying to turn it into a science but I'm short and I love heels (and while to this day can't figure out how to not have my feet ache from a night out in heels) so I wear them often when I go out. When I used to try and avoid putting any weight on the heel, my aunt used to always ask me if I had hurt my leg because it kind of look like I was limping and Corinne's walk looked a lot like my technique when I was younger, haha.

Yes - it's this: I think she suddenly weighs more, and because of the new extra weight/shape of her body/prepartying, she doesnt trust the heels.  

I have seen much larger than Corinne women strut in heels, but they are used to carrying the weight and their muscles are accustomed to it.  She just... wasn't? It was not her finest hour.  She should have just taken them off.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Alexis must have been devastated when she saw they went swimming with dolphins!

I think that ABC should give Alexis her own show.  Help her achieve her dream of becoming someone who works with dolphins.  Follow her during the process.  That's something that would be so interesting to watch.

• Love 4

I don't think Nick can see himself with any of these chicks and is panicking.   He's an older (relatively speaking guy) who wants someone smart, exciting, and somewhat sophisticated.  Kristina was sweet and mature for her age, but I would not match him with a 24-year-old dental hygienist who was left by her parents.  Maybe that's because I saw the movie "Orphan" recently and am freaked out by Russian orphanages. 

Vanessa appears to be somewhat bland and potentially a trouble-maker.  If he's seen all the fights we've heard about, he's not going there.

Raven is just very unattractive to me and way too young.  Zero sophistication.  The over-dyed black hair gives me Priscilla Presley vibes and is terrible for her skin tone.  It's a nice dark brown color at the roots; she should leave it that way.

Corinne too young and a producer pick.

Rachel has obviously been dumped, so we don't need to speculate on why.

• Love 4

I don't think Nick can see himself with any of these chicks and is panicking.

I see that.  Will he end up proposing just to save face? Vanessa's attitude really turned me off this episode, if it's her, they are doing a horrible job selling the love story. She doesn't even get special shmoopy theme music.

Wild theory--what if it's Andi that comes to his door and says she's still in love with him and they do fiance stuff and he picks her! She did seem verrry cozy next to him on that Kimmel appearance at the beginning of the season! Ugh,  I sound like a total Right Reasons Watcher.

• Love 3

Now I understand why the editors make this the Corinne show. She actually had some sort of personality, unlike the lead. Whether you like her personality or not, at least it's something. I thought Nick was chill during BIP but he's so depressing here because he takes himself way too seriously and is kind of desperate. I have never seen a Bachelor that desperate before. I never thought I would say this but farmer Chris is a better Bachelor compared to Nick. Chris has almost nothing to say but at least he looked like he was genuinely into some of the women, unlike Nick.

I don't know why the U.S. franchise screws things up this badly. In the Australian Bachelor/ Bachelorette, the chemistry between the lead and multiple contestants appeared so genuine (real or editing) that the audience gets so attached and then melt down whenever their favorite isn't the one at the end. But I prefer that kind of passion and investment rather than this ho-hum where we couldn't be bothered because the chemistry is so flat with EVERYONE. Even the latest Canadian Bachelorette was really good in terms of the chemistry the lead has with the winner. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

Wild theory--what if it's Andi that comes to his door and says she's still in love with him and they do fiance stuff and he picks her! She did seem verrry cozy next to him on that Kimmel appearance at the beginning of the season! Ugh,  I sound like a total Right Reasons Watcher.

I would LOVE this. I wasn't a huge fan of Andi, but I was a huge fan of her with Nick. They had great chemistry (that I haven't seen between him and anyone else on this show since), and I was all there for their story. That made it all the worse when she chose disgusting Josh and they screamed "BABE!" back and forth at each other a million times after the proposal.

Then again, I think Nick is too good for Andi, especially after she capitalized on exposing all of the smallest details of her sexual encounters with her F2 in that tell-all.

• Love 5

I'm not exactly sure how to explain my thoughts on Nick.  I really liked him on BIP.. He seemed smart and chill and like a genuinely nice guy.  I didn't care for him with Kaitlyn and I've always thought Andi was a huge immature bitch.  But I can't stand the teary eyed man child he's become.  These women are visiting beautiful beaches and I'd be on cloud nine just enjoying the vacation but they all seem miserable with the exception of Raven.  I don't see much chemistry between nick and anyone.  Maybe because he's already decided on "the one"  and doesn't want to appear too interested in anyone because his chosen will flip out and leave him standing alone at the end?  Nick is definitely a one woman guy especially if he's never cheated on anyone.  That's admirable and there are not a great number of people in this day and age who can say that. So it must be difficult for him to entertain and make out with multiple women.. The experience appears to have exhausted him.  I really liked Vanessa at first and thought they had a great connection.  Now.. Not so much.  I honestly don't  see him as more than just friends with any of them. 

• Love 7

This season feels like Kaitlyn's and Jordan's kind of, when they had the clear pick so early they had to create all this other story to fill in the episodes. Kaitlyn had Nick, Jordan had Chad. Chad and Corinne should date!Other than Corinne who since she lives in South Florida had to know about Bimini, I wondered if any of the other girls had ever heard of it before they started jumping down all excited to go. lol It's not exactly the most well known island.

Nick and [Vanessa] seem completely different to me.  Can't put my finger on it.  It doesn't work in my head.  

I think the same, I love her think she's great however she comes off so well to me because of her maturity. Nick seems more frat boy in his behavior and Vanessa seems more adult.

Where the heck was Vanessa in this episode?  There were plenty of scenes with the women sitting around and talking, but she was almost never present.  Never seen that before.....

I noticed that, it was so odd. I kept thinking, where is she. At least with Corinne they'd show her sleeping.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

This season feels like Kaitlyn's and Jordan's kind of, when they had the clear pick so early they had to create all this other story to fill in the episodes. Kaitlyn had Nick, Jordan had Chad. Chad and Corinne should date!

Jordan? Chad?

• Love 1
On February 15, 2017 at 0:40 PM, huahaha said:

I'm disappointed in Rachel's announcement only because she's the only one left who seems right for Nick. I don't see him with any of the other three at all, so what's the point?

I don't see any of the women seriously attracted to Nick. I don't blame them. Maybe the show just called it a day on this season and are putting all their focus on next season. 

• Love 2

I know it's never ever gonna happen but wouldn't it be great, that once the hometown "meet the family" portion of the date was over that CORRINE dumped NICK? Right there on her front porch?

I know that's not gonna happen, but it would be delicious if it did! Nick, standing there, with the "what just happened here?" Look on his face as Corrine calls for Raquel as she slams the door in his face...

I'd forgive her for the whole season and beyond if that happened.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

I know that's not gonna happen, but it would be delicious if it did! Nick, standing there, with the "what just happened here?" Look on his face as Corrine calls for Raquel as she slams the door in his face...

I think he'd be relieved. He has looked desperate to escape her any time they've had one on one time together. Besides, he's probably only contractually obligated to keep her until hometowns so we can meet the nanny, then she's free to go. Not that she would, she wants to be on TV and she wants to win because she's a "winner" so she's not going anywhere until he kicked her to the curb after we meet Nanny.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

Right there on her front porch?

https://youtu.be/XVk_e31dnlE

Was just mentioning the above Ben Folds song re: Valentine's Day: "I wish I hadn't have bought you dinner right before you dumped me on your front porch!" (Warning for language btw.)

It would be classic though to see some respond to "Will you accept this rose?" (assuming we ever see another rose ceremony that is) with "Nah, I'm good. Peace out! See ya never!"

16 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

He has looked desperate to escape her

Yes, and that he hasn't invited her for any one on one time is telling that he's not exactly pulling all the strings.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4
On 2/14/2017 at 11:20 PM, catrice2 said:

Most people made up their mind about the show long ago and some just see Rachel as a token for the network to save face in light of all the racism claims. 

One of the theories floated is that the new head of network programming is a black woman and either Fleiss wanted to curry favor with her or she made her preference known.  But I agree, Rachel had to be just right. No way she could be as marginal as some others.  

I did not like Jo Jo or Kaitlyn and wearied quickly of Andi, so I'm happy to see Rachel.  She seems to be more relatable to me.  Maybe I'm just old.  Of course, even when I start out liking the lead, I often don't like them at the end. And there has to be some contestants I like too.  If they all blend together with the same clothes and hair styles, it will be deadly. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I actually think Corinne is too good for Chad. 

Totally agree.  Imho, Chad has an alcohol problem. He seems fine sober, but until he gets  treatment and therapy and quits drinking, he is going to be a maniac who has no business on tv. 

Corinne is a twit.  But mostly a sweet one.  Taylor notwithstanding.  

• Love 3

Nick was so smart to turn down Corinne. It shows he really did learn something from his time on the show--and it was a good decision he was making for her, too. Since he seems very unlikely to choose her in the end, sleeping with her so obviously would have spoiled whatever chance he had with F1 and also made someone like Corinne go into "accusatory mode" really fast.

I think he sent Kristina home because he genuinely likes her and didn't want her to get more attached to him when he already can tell she wouldn't be F1. That, too, is a lesson from the show. I think that was why he sent Danielle home, too, although it was a lot easier as she was incredibly boring--nice and pretty, but they had zero chemistry even though she, too, felt she was falling for him.  It was kind to let her go sooner.

Raven, Vanessa and Rachel all seem involved and seriously like him, but only Vanessa actually seems at risk of falling in love.  I think he should keep Raven as F2 because she'll be the least hurt (and the least demanding if he wants to opt out of the FS, having chosen someone else). He should let Corinne or Rachel go tonight.

Every time he told them "I've been in love but I want this to feel like a new kind of "in love" experience" I wanted someone to say, "Well, Andi didn't love you and neither did Kaitlyn. It might feel like a new kind of love when you could feel that the depth of it and sincerity of it was genuinely reciprocated this time."

Too blunt and even snarky? Guess that's one (of so many reasons) that I'd never be on this show. Because I'd really tell him that--and to stop dramatizing what he had with those two. They really aren't worth it (both, imo, being biatches, unlike the 3 above.)

• Love 2

I think he would be good with Raven- easy life style and he doesn't have to work too hard or make a ton of money. She is happy being a small town girl and is not too smart so she wont show him up cause he isn't the sharpest blade in the drawer. They could have lispy kids and all dye their hair black and roll around in the mud.

• Love 4

Sorry for the delayed reaction as I'm just watching this but I wonder what Danielle M's dead ex-boyfriend's family and friends think about her talking about how she's never felt the way she does about Nick, a guy she has spent only hours with alone and whom is dating multiple women at the same time.  

And her baby doll voice was annoying.

• Love 1