Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Rock In The Road – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Familiar faces they could find... hmmm...

Evil Morales with a Governor eyepatch?

One of the old ladies from the hospital in Season 1?

Merle's disembodied hand? With a face drawn on it?

Anyone whatsoever from the Grady arc? Perhaps one of the lollicops has taken a vow never to rape or kill again, and now wanders around like a kung fu hermit carrying a giant lollipop-staff? Bonus points if he keeps flashing back to his teacher, Lord Fluffington.

Or maybe it's Shane's formerly-evil identical twin. Or maybe Glenn came back as like a vampire or mummy or something. Or Future Judith looks just like Lori and had Future Eugene build a time machine out of cardboard boxes, microwave dials, and old car stereos.

The so-called "new community" is probably Tigertown, and the familiar face is probably just gonna be Carol.

Either that, or the familiar face is just gonna be another "Ha ha! Look! Negan is here, too!" Because he has absolutely nothing better to do all day than follow the protagonist around annoying him. Because, ultimately, he has the same agenda as Bat-Mite.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 8

"Rock in the Road" is one hell of a title for a genre shift, though.

I have to admit, I love the musical hypothesis.

Foghorn Negan and his henchcocks chase CDB around, in and out the woods, and occasionally everybody just random;y stops to play fake rock music? I'm in! How could that possibly be worse than the previous half we just sat through?

So I guess the real question is: Who plays what?

Rick is obviously the front man. So, lead singer and rhythm guitar? Daryl is actually as good at the physical part of being Rick as Rick is, but not as willing to talk, so Daryl is lead guitar. I'm kind of torn between putting Michonne on bass or drums, but here's the thang: I think that the way Coral currently looks would be way more entertaining on drums, so there. Michonne certainly has the timing and stamina to be a great drummer, but if she's playing bass she's easier to ogle, so... either way's good. Eugene would play keyboards. Probably very slowly and cautiously. And think that he was the epicenter of the group. Jesus wold play the banjo. Because, god damn it, I want a banjo. And Jesus is apparently the go-to deux ex macho characterino. It would probably be a violin, though. Father Pee Pants would translate his organ skills (I don't know if he has any, but what do you WANT me to assume he plays, the ukulele?) onto the only keyboard instrument left, the xylophone, and then we could very slightly alter the lyrics to "St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast" to "blah blah blah (whatever's happened recently) Pee Pants (blah blah!)" Or he can go back to the land of disposable babysitters. In which case Tara steps in. And she might actually know ukulele. I guess Morgan would be the bouncer, and Maggie would be the band manager, and Maggie's office assistants Sasha and Carol would kill anybody who got past Morgan.  And Judith, of course, would play maracas.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5
On 2/9/2017 at 4:23 PM, NorthstarATL said:

Dang! I was hoping this would be the musical episode!

We should make this a thread, like the zombie haiku one in "Fun and Games". It'd pretty much be the same, except you have to make a song and pick an already-existing tune for the melody. Like "Negan is a Little Bitch" to the tune of "Mary had a Little Lamb".

As for the familiar face returning, I know Glenn is still alive! There was a dumpster in the head bashing scene, right? 

(On a more serious note, I hope we do see the Morales family again.)

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays
  • Love 3

I am ready for some fictional zombie apocalypse on my TV for a change. Who could the "familiar face" be? I like your suggestions, CletusMusashi.

Maybe more leftovers from Terminus? This show is missing the cannibal faction now.

Edited by Glaze Crazy
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

We should make this a thread, like the zombie haiku one in "Fun and Games". It'd pretty much be the same, except you have to make a song and pick an already-existing tune for the melody. Like "Negan is a Little Bitch" to the tune of "Mary had a Little Lamb".

If we do a zombie musical, we'd make a killer version of "YMCA" since we could creatively use walker body parts in our choreography.

• Love 4

Were there any Termites we saw who didn't die onscreen? Or Wolves? It's pretty hard to think of anybody Rick has ever met who isn't dead. Maybe Jacqui was shot under a dumpster by the explosion and survived? Or... we never actually saw Morgan's son die. Maybe he just thought he did. And we know what happens when we assume!

• Love 3

And here I was just boringly assuming that Rickco were going to be reunited with Morgan. (Probably not with Carol this week, although that would be great!) Or possibly it's referring to the knight that Morgan and Rick ran into when they were searching for Carol - the guy who was looking for his horse. All I know for sure is that I'm really, really, really looking forward to the show tonight. I hate these freakin' mid-season breaks.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, maystone said:

And here I was just boringly assuming that Rickco were going to be reunited with Morgan. (Probably not with Carol this week, although that would be great!) Or possibly it's referring to the knight that Morgan and Rick ran into when they were searching for Carol - the guy who was looking for his horse. All I know for sure is that I'm really, really, really looking forward to the show tonight. I hate these freakin' mid-season breaks.

As long as a horse doesn't die, I'm cool with whatever's to come.  But if that little Kirkman POS kills another animal?  I'm agonna have to hunt him down.

• Love 8

I've got it! The familiar face isn't going to be a character from the show. It's going to be a famous celebrity who they all recognize from before the zombie apocalypse. You know, like when the Harlem Globetrotters would guest star on "Scooby Doo" or whatever. This week: Camp Dinner Bell meets... The Rock. (Five minutes later, of course, zombies eat him.)

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Wow, it's been a while and I neglected  the catch-up marathons so I am behind the eight ball again.

Carol doesn't even know about Glen and Abraham, right?

No, she doesn't. Neither does Morgan. They don't know about Spencer or Olivia, either, or that Eugene is now a prisoner.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, maystone said:

Eugene is now a prisoner.

Eugene is a prisoner? Oh, right. I had forgotten all about that. Actually I had forgotten all about this show and its return but I was reading some illiterate fantasy garbage earlier about this shallow girl who has sex with a zombie because -  well, that's not important. Anyway it reminded me about our lovable, zany crew and I can't even speculate about their next Big Adventure.

4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

This week: Camp Dinner Bell meets... The Rock. (Five minutes later, of course, zombies eat him.)

. Oh please! Let that be true. I swear I'll watch at least two, fifteen minute commercial marathons - no matter how distasteful or blaring -  if only this can happen and we can watch every. single. minute. of it.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Because "garage" and "garbage" mean entirely different things. Duh.
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Eugene is a prisoner? Oh, right. I had forgotten all about that. Actually I had forgotten all about this show and its return but I was reading some illiterate fantasy garage earlier about this shallow girl who has sex with a zombie because -  well, that's not important. Anyway it reminded me about our lovable, zany crew and I can't even speculate about their next Big Adventure.

. Oh please! Let that be true. I swear I'll watch at least two, fifteen minute commercial marathons - no matter how distasteful or blaring -  if only this can happen and we can watch every. single. minute. of it.

AngelaHunter, your post gave me a big laugh! Thanks for that!

I'd watch it too. I only catch it because Mick is still such a fan. Me? Not so much.

• Love 1