Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Brianne Chantal

The Sounds of Our Lives (formerly General Music Discussion)

On 5/4/2018 at 2:33 AM, 27bored said:

how they would tell her how to dress and how to act. Christina, that’s called TV.

In broad terms, yes, but in the case of Christina so was told again and agian she was too fat and too bitchy on The Voice, thus between seasons had to lose a lot of weight and appear more pleasent. Even someone in their 30's will get a complex when having to change their whole look and personality.

32 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I've said it before that I really think Christina is just lost musically. I don't think she truly understands who she is as an artist, what her audience wants from her, hell maybe even who is still her audience and what is current and now.

I don't think Christina is that conscious of those things, and consider that a good thing. It seems like she simply makes whatever music she wants (even if her albums end up a mish-mash of genres), when she wants to (which often leads to her music sounded outdated when finally released). Following the route of Pink and Kelly Clarkson would be a mistake (imo) because they boxed themselves into a commercially successful but less musically interesting pop-rock sound.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, quangtran said:

Following the route of Pink and Kelly Clarkson would be a mistake (imo) because they boxed themselves into a commercially successful but less musically interesting pop-rock sound.

I never said that she had to sound like these women or follow their route but YMMV, I'd rather some clear cohesion from an artist versus a confused, mostly boring and dated mess, which is what Christina has delivered since mid-2000's. And just so we're clear, I'm not saying artists shouldn't evolve or grow and even change sounds from where they started.  That's more than fine because it's never a good idea to remain stagnant. But there still needs to be something recognizable of the artist and it make sense. I haven't gotten that from Christina in damn near forever. She just belts over some poorly produced crap. And it's always easy for artists and fans to say they don't care about being relevant or sales or whatever and it's all just about the music but something tells me Christina would happily enjoy having some hit songs and being able to actually tour successfully on her name alone, something I don't think is the case right now. 

• Like 2

Being fadio friendly was mentioned, and I think that would be a huge mistake because that would push artists towards watered down pop or chasing trends. Beyonce became a far, far better artist the moment she stopped trying to create radio hits and just did whatever the heck she wanted.

Also, Christina is clearly not an artist that needs a distinct sound. She's always been the the type of artist who does whatever genre, and the fans are okay with it as long as her voice still sounds good.

27 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And it's always easy for artists and fans to say they don't care about being relevant or sales or whatever and it's all just about the music but something tells me Christina would happily enjoy having some hit songs and being able to actually tour successfully on her name alone, something I don't think is the case right now. 

I've never had any doubts about her actually meaning what she says. Heck, given how rarely she releases music, I doubt she was ever as hungry for success like her peers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I've said it before that I really think Christina is just lost musically. I don't think she truly understands who she is as an artist, what her audience wants from her, hell maybe even who is still her audience and what is current and now. I feel like she keeps chasing this "something new and different than what everyone else is doing" and instead the result is always a collection of confused and dated sounding songs.

Like when I compare Christina to someone like P!nk, since they're the same age, came on the scene around the same time, I feel like while P!nk may not be selling Taylor Swift's numbers, she's maintained a a strong and steady career because she knows exactly who she is as an artist. She knows what works for her, what her fans expect of her and what will be radio friendly. Christina is just confused. 

She also needs to stop it with the burning of bridges. Girl hasn't had a hit in who knows when and she thinks it's wise to throw shade on the show that afforded her some measure of relevancy in recent years? I mean really?

Totally agree. I think P!nk realized early on that as long as her songs sound authentic and who she is as an artist and a person, the rest is window-dressing. Of course P!nk went from an R&B sound to a pop-rock sound, but that was when she was still a young artist, and she maintained that for the most part. But P!nk actually has a fairly diverse catalog without being so intentional about it. I don't feel like every time she does an album she has to go in a totally new direction.

1 hour ago, quangtran said:

In broad terms, yes, but in the case of Christina so was told again and agian she was too fat and too bitchy on The Voice, thus between seasons had to lose a lot of weight and appear more pleasent. Even someone in their 30's will get a complex when having to change their whole look and personality.

I don't think Christina is that conscious of those things, and consider that a good thing. It seems like she simply makes whatever music she wants (even if her albums end up a mish-mash of genres), when she wants to (which often leads to her music sounded outdated when finally released). Following the route of Pink and Kelly Clarkson would be a mistake (imo) because they boxed themselves into a commercially successful but less musically interesting pop-rock sound.

Who told Christina that? I mean, they probably told her to be nice(r) on the show to avoid having a Simon Cowell-type figure, but that's just to protect the brand. As far as her being too fat, well, I don't know about them telling her that considering they got Kelly Clarkson to host in her spot, and Kelly's no twig herself. I don't believe in fat-shaming, but pop stars should be concerned about their weight for two reasons:

1) When your bread-and-butter is your singing voice, remember you have to be in good shape to keep it in good shape. I don't care how much talent and soul you have, trying to be a professional singer while carrying around a bunch of extra weight is going to damage your voice over the long haul. P!nk used to smoke and though she has a dark, raspy tone, she still can sing her butt off. P!nk doesn't have to drop keys, avoid songs in her catalog, or even compromise stagecraft in order to sing her songs. And she's older than Christina. She's taken care of her voice and stays in shape.

2) Being a curvaceous woman is fine, but you have to dress for your body type. Christina wants to have a plump, Sexy Mom bod, and then stuff herself into stuff she could pull off when she was in her early-20s. Gotta pick one, sweetheart. Either keep the pounds on and dress appropriately, or dress like a hoochie but get with the waist trainer and flat tummy tea.

Finally had time to finish listening to the album (thank you, Father's Day). ;)   I'll go track by track and give my opinion on each song, because I have nothing better to do...

Liberation: Meh opening track.  More BS about how Chris is freeing herself from the patriarchy, or something.  As it stands, I think Intro (Back to Basics) is her best intro song.  That one is actually kind of catchy, and soulful, and it really sets the tone of that album.  This one is fine, but forgettable.

Searching For Maria/Maria: Something about her inner child?  IDK, all I kept thinking during this track is why she is bringing The Sound of Music into this, and why the ghost of Michael Jackson is there.  All in all, a weird mix, for me.

Sick of Sittin': I actually don't mind the sound of this song, but it's more try-hard Christina stuff, and the lyrics...oof.  Saying you're not made for "fake shit" over the roar of a fake rock crowd is embarrassing.  Likening her time on The Voice to slavery is even more embarrassing, not to mention tone deaf.  It's a shame, because this song could actually be fun, if Christina didn't bend over backward to kiss her own ass, so much.  "I survived the dark ages...the root of evil couldn't change me"?  Give me a damn break.  NEXT.

Dreamers/Fall In Line: I guess I'm in the minority in that I really don't like Fall In Line.  I've heard people say it's the best song on the album, and a return to form for Christina, but I just can't get into it.  Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the message, I'm just not moved by the song, itself.  I have never been a huge fan of Christina's message songs; I think they are the very definition of basic.  I really like Demi Lovato, but she doesn't add much to this song.  Not terrible, but not memorable, either.  That's a running theme with this album, BTW.

Right Moves: Nice little song, with a catchy little reggae beat.  I enjoy it.  Yup, that's pretty much all I have to say, about this one.

Like I Do: I just listened to this song, and I don't remember a thing about it.  Filler.

Deserve: This is the only song on the album that I really like, except for that dumb line about pancakes.  You can tell it's a very personal song for Christina, so it resonates more with me than something like Fall In Line does.  The gossipy part of me wonders if her relationship with Matthew Rutler is going to last, though, and I wish I didn't have that thought, but I can't help it.  It sort of reminds me of Understand from Back to Basics, another song about another relationship that didn't end well.  "Tell me I'm the one who deserves you" is heartbreaking to hear, though, and the way Chris sings it makes me want to curl up, under the covers.  I think she is at her best when she shows her softer, more vulnerable side.  It's much more genuine than Untouchable Female Warrior Christina, but that's JMO.

Twice: Well sung, I guess, but I am bored by it.  I don't care.  Does this also put me in the minority?  IDK.  The piano is nice, I'll give it that.  NEXT.

I Don't Need It Anymore (Interlude)/Accelerate: Yeeeeaaah...when even *I* think a song sounds sloppy and unfinished, that's pretty damn bad.  I know nothing of music production, but when I heard this, I immediately thought it was an unfinished product that got leaked.  I listened to it once, and that was enough.  It sounds rough and unpleasant, and it also sounds like a shitty throwback from 2001.  What was she thinking?

Pipe: Another song that sounds okay, with stupid lyrics.  This sounds like a lost track from The Emancipation of Mimi.  Mariah might have been able to make it work, but I don't think Christina can.  I don't hate it, it's just...there.  NEXT.

Masochist: More filler.  It's okay, I guess, but nothing to write home about.  Christina over-sings it, of course.  Ugh, let's just end this thing...

Unless It's With You: Closing with another vulnerable relationship song, but this one doesn't carry the weight Deserve does, IMO.  More over-singing, more over-emoting, more of that weepy, ballad-y Christina that I never cared for.  Also, it's a weird song to close the album with.  And, it just...ends.  The song is over, and that's it!  We're done with Liberation.  What a nothing note to go out, on.  Yeah, I got a feeling not a whole lot of thought was put into this.

Final thoughts...I don't think Liberation is nearly as bad as Bionic or Lotus, and I actually like a couple of  songs, but the thing is, Christina needs more at this point in her career than, "It wasn't as bad as her last two albums/it was okay."  I don't think she expects to sell the way the way the young things like Demi Lovato or Ariana Grande do, but I just don't get the sense that she has ANY idea what she wants to say, as an artist.  When I read reviews of this album, the many producers she collaborated with are mentioned more than Christina, herself, and for someone with her talent, that's a problem.  I know she has never been a songwriter and has always relied on her producers the way so many of her 90's pop contemporaries do, but by this point, I expect a little more, from her.  She has the voice and the connections to get her there, but she keeps stopping short of the finish line.  It's like she realized it had been eons since her last release, and shat this out without giving it much thought, or care.  I think she's more of a singer than an artist, and that that becomes more evident, with every album.  YMMV, as always.

Edited by Sweet Summer Child

2 hours ago, Sweet Summer Child said:

Dreamers/Fall In Line: I guess I'm in the minority in that I really don't like Fall In Line.  I've heard people say it's the best song on the album, and a return to form for Christina, but I just can't get into it.  Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the message, I'm just not moved by the song, itself.  I have never been a huge fan of Christina's message songs; I think they are the very definition of basic.  I really like Demi Lovato, but she doesn't add much to this song.  Not terrible, but not memorable, either.  That's a running theme with this album, BTW.

I think Fall in Line is just a meh song, but the video takes it into total stupidity for me. WTH is even going on in the video? They kidnap little girls to train them to sing while being filmed in some kind of prison? The stupid thing makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GaT said:

I think Fall in Line is just a meh song, but the video takes it into total stupidity for me. WTH is even going on in the video? They kidnap little girls to train them to sing while being filmed in some kind of prison? The stupid thing makes no sense.

A reference to Christina's MMC days, maybe?  Or even her first, bubblegum album?  I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

To bring things back to Pink for just a second:

I have to say, I can't help but be somewhat amused that, despite always having a "badass bitch" image (which she deserves, don't get me wrong), a lot of her most popular songs these last few years sound more like the soundtrack on a adult contemporary station for suburban soccer moms taking their kids to and from school in their SUVs before heading off to Starbucks. I mean, I understand that she's married and a mom now, and priorities change, but her image is almost EXACTLY the same as it was when "Get This Party Started" first came out. No shade, just somewhat funny to me. 

• Like 1

I happened to have MTV Classic on, & the video for "I Turn To You" came on. WTH happened to this Christina Aguilera? No "Look how sexy I am". just straight, strong singing without a lot of other (except for the blue contacts) crap. I kind of forgot she could do this. 

18 hours ago, UYI said:

To bring things back to Pink for just a second:

I have to say, I can't help but be somewhat amused that, despite always having a "badass bitch" image (which she deserves, don't get me wrong), a lot of her most popular songs these last few years sound more like the soundtrack on a adult contemporary station for suburban soccer moms taking their kids to and from school in their SUVs before heading off to Starbucks. I mean, I understand that she's married and a mom now, and priorities change, but her image is almost EXACTLY the same as it was when "Get This Party Started" first came out. No shade, just somewhat funny to me. 

This is why I lost interest in Pink.  She's been pushing the same image and sound for years, now.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 12:29 PM, Sweet Summer Child said:

This is why I lost interest in Pink.  She's been pushing the same image and sound for years, now

Its almost criminal that her voice is going to waste on these bland, run-of-the mill vanilla adult contemporary songs. I am dying for her to put out just once more R&B album before she retires.

Maybe I have my genres mixed up but I do not hear adult contemporary in P!nk's music. She's solidly pop/rock. While I get the sentiments of "been there, done that" for me, as long as the music is still good, which it is in my opinion and she still puts on a hell of a show, I'm fine with what she's giving.

I loved her latest album and I loved that she surpassed her label's expectations, selling almost 500,000 copies in the first week, a huge feat in this day and age where unless your name is Adele or Taylor Swift, you're lucky to sell 200,000 in opening week. And especially impressive considering this is her seventh studio album and she's coming up onto almost 20 years of being on the music scene. 

And frankly, in my opinion, I feel like P!nk hasn't gotten nearly the credit and accolades she deserves, especially in comparison to some of her female contemporaries who have so many awards/accolades and who I feel she goes toe to toe with performance wise and many who she outshines vocally. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 9

I think Pink seems like a pretty cool person, and I don't mind her style of music in and of itself. My big problem is that whenever she has a new song out it often gets played TO DEATH, and after a while it's just like, "Okay, can we take a bit of a break with this song now?" I think my big exception in that regard is"Get This Party Started"-they played the crap out of that song back in the day, yes, but it's just too fun

(My favorite song by her is "Who Knew?", though. The lyrics are so bittersweet-I always get a bit choked up when I hear that one.) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I think Pink seems like a pretty cool person, and I don't mind her style of music in and of itself. My big problem is that whenever she has a new song out it often gets played TO DEATH, and after a while it's just like, "Okay, can we take a bit of a break with this song now?" I think my big exception in that regard is"Get This Party Started"-they played the crap out of that song back in the day, yes, but it's just too fun

Ha and you know what's funny, I kind of don't really love Get This Party Started, as much of a fan of hers as I am. I know it was the song that catapulted her and the album but yeah, never been a huge fan of it. As for her songs being played to death, while I can see how that's annoying, the flip-side is that means she's still relevant enough to be played to death on radio. Plus, I almost never listen to radio since personalized playlists/streaming became a thing so I wouldn't even know how any song does on radio. 

Yeah Who Knew is amazing. Some of my other favorites are Fuckin Perfect (I get a bit choked up when she gets choked up singing this in her recent shows, especially when she gets to the line, "Mistaken, always second guessing/Underestimated, look, I'm still around"), Sober, Try, Blow Me One Last Kiss, Just Like A Pill and Raise Your Glass. Raise Your Glass is for me what Get This Party Started is for a lot of people. I can't hear that song and not get up and dance and sing along really loudly. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ha and you know what's funny, I kind of don't really love Get This Party Started, as much of a fan of hers as I am. I know it was the song that catapulted her and the album but yeah, never been a huge fan of it. As for her songs being played to death, while I can see how that's annoying, the flip-side is that means she's still relevant enough to be played to death on radio. Plus, I almost never listen to radio since personalized playlists/streaming became a thing so I wouldn't even know how any song does on radio. 

Yeah, I don't fault Pink on that part of things, obviously-that's the fault of radio for lacking any sort of variety nowadays and playing the same 200 songs (if that) over and over. I still listen to radio occasionally-when I worked at a data entry place they'd have the local top 40 station on throughout the day (they alternated between that and a local country station), so I heard a lot of whatever was popular then as a result, and my dad worked as a radio DJ, and at various types of stations, top 40 ones included. So I still kinda find myself in the habit of flipping on the radio sometimes in the car as a result. 

But yeah, the way radio works nowadays, it's great for any artists who can still get airplay on it, but it's also that much easier for listeners to get burned out with the overplay, too.

25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ha and you know what's funny, I kind of don't really love Get This Party Started, as much of a fan of hers as I am. I know it was the song that catapulted her and the album but yeah, never been a huge fan of it.

Same here.  I like most of her songs, and think she's a terrific live performer, so I like her a lot.  But I skip over that one.

• Like 1

Oh, Demi. Still rooting for her. I hope she can take care of things and get back on track soon.

I don't think Pink has an adult contemporary sound, but I got burnt out on her self-empowerment message songs.  Once I hit the age of 30, I just didn't care about that kind of song, anymore, and Pink has her share of them.  I agree that her singles are WAY overplayed; I couldn't hear "My love...my love, my love, my drug" on the radio at work without getting annoyed.  Pink is an artist whose better songs are never released as singles, in my opinion.  I can happily listen to one of her albums and skip through the radio-friendly, overkill ones.  She's got talent, and I do enjoy her.

I wish Demi the best.  I have a soft spot for her, and I really want her to do well.  She seems sincere in what she is doing.

• Like 2

As an '80s child, I apparently only saw the freaky video for Only You by Yaz (Yazoo) and never managed to see what the singer looked like. Imagine my shock when I saw a clip of them on Top of the Pops and discovered a woman was behind that voice. Always thought it was a guy!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Allison Moyet, right?

Yeah. Fabulous voice, male or female! LOL. I guess this is what all those folks who suddenly discover the Bee Gees are men feel like. 

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Yeah. Fabulous voice, male or female! LOL. I guess this is what all those folks who suddenly discover the Bee Gees are men feel like. 

That's pretty funny. 

On 5/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, 27bored said:

Ugh...

I love Christina and I’m glad she’s back, but I’m tired of this bullshit.

In this article she’s complaining about how confined she felt doing the Boice and how they would tell her how to dress and how to act. Christina, that’s called TV. If you want to make six figures for a few hours of work a week and barely promote your music and not tour and go home every night and marry production assistants and have two kids, that’s what you have to do. 

She sounds just like she did when she was twenty and promoting Stripped. Except now she’s 37 and still acting like her dad won’t let her wear a midriff to the mall. 

I don't think she'll be missed that much.  She was an okay coach and an awesome singer, but, what amazes me is that she was restricted in what she could wear on that show! REALLY?  Man, the stuff she came on with....lots of skin, low, short, wild,....I would think that it would bother her more to have to pretend that the winner is going to be a superstar from that show than it would have her clothing style monitored. 

On 6/27/2018 at 1:08 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

And Mick Hucknall, the lead singer of Simply Red, isn't an African American woman.

Edited by forumfish
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, forumfish said:

And Mick Hucknall, the lead singer of Simply Red, isn't an African American woman.

I adore Mick Hucknall.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, forumfish said:

That is hilarious!!! My brother thought Sam Smith was a black woman.

I watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Karen Carpenter for the first time in years last night on YouTube, and of course I was weeping by the end of it.

• Like 2

Demi Lovato has been hospitalized due to a heroin overdose.

I knew she had relapsed recently, but I was NOT prepared for THIS. ;'(

• Like 1

Oh, god, awful news. Sending good thoughts to her-hope she can get whatever help she needs going forward. 

On 6/27/2018 at 2:08 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

I thought Chris Brown was a woman back when he first got popular.

• Like 1

Is anyone familiar with Greta Van Fleet?  I saw them on with Fallon last night and I'm trying to figure them out. I've read that they are Zeppelin influenced, but, it seems more like an impersonation.  

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is anyone familiar with Greta Van Fleet?  I saw them on with Fallon last night and I'm trying to figure them out. I've read that they are Zeppelin influenced, but, it seems more like an impersonation.  

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Oh, no.  I'm a fan of tribute bands.  I've actually seen a few and loved it.  But, I'm not sure that's what they are.....I just can't figure it out.  I mean.....I know my Robert Plant and the lead vocalist in this band is wearing the same type clothes, putting the same inflection in his voice, same stance, same head tilt, hairstyle, turns, etc. And the lead guitarist is doing a good job of a Jimmy Page performance too.  lol  The crowd loved it, but, I'm not sure if they know what Zeppelin looked and sounded like.   

The world can never get too much Zeppelin.  I thought Greta sounded really good. 

Even their song, When The Curtain Falls.......the title reminded me of When The Levy Breaks...lol.

Edited by SunnyBeBe

19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, no.  I'm a fan of tribute bands.  I've actually seen a few and loved it.  But, I'm not sure that's what they are.....I just can't figure it out.  I mean.....I know my Robert Plant and the lead vocalist in this band is wearing the same type clothes, putting the same inflection in his voice, same stance, same head tilt, hairstyle, turns, etc. And the lead guitarist is doing a good job of a Jimmy Page performance too.  lol  The crowd loved it, but, I'm not sure if they know what Zeppelin looked and sounded like.   

The world can never get too much Zeppelin.  I thought Greta sounded really good. 

Even their song, When The Curtain Falls.......the title reminded me of When The Levy Breaks...lol.

I know about them because the peeps on the Led Zeppelin forum I hang out on seem to love them.  Can't say I'm familiar with their work, but watching this, it certainly is a lot like Zep.  A lot.  And yeah, that's not a bad thing, but still, you'd think they'd want to stand out on their own a bit.   A coworker went to see them last weekend and said the first part of the show was great, the end was great (I think they played the song they played on Fallon as the encore), but the middle of the show seemed to sound the same.  All the songs ran together.  He thinks because they're all so young, they need more experience in how to actually entertain an audience.  They have lots of talent.  Hope they can pull it all together. 

• Like 1

There was an article written about Gwen Stefani and her public image (from No Doubt's earliest fame years onward) recently that I thought was absolutely spot on. Fair warning: the author, Anne Helen Petersen, often gets criticized for making her articles too long, and this one is certainly no exception (not that I have any room to talk); she also was criticized some months ago in the Everything Else Movies forum for an article she wrote about Arnie Hammer (full disclosure: I haven't yet read that one). However, I'm a huge fan of hers and love her work, and I think she did a great job here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpetersen/gwen-stefani-no-doubt-blake-shelton-the-voice#.ap1aLkb1mK

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, UYI said:

There was an article written about Gwen Stefani and her public image (from No Doubt's earliest fame years onward) recently that I thought was absolutely spot on. Fair warning: the author, Anne Helen Petersen, often gets criticized for making her articles too long, and this one is certainly no exception (not that I have any room to talk); she also was criticized some months ago in the Everything Else Movies forum for an article she wrote about Arnie Hammer (full disclosure: I haven't yet read that one). However, I'm a huge fan of hers and love her work, and I think she did a great job here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpetersen/gwen-stefani-no-doubt-blake-shelton-the-voice#.ap1aLkb1mK

I used to really like Gwen Stefani, but over time she started to get on my nerves & now I can't stand her. She's still slogging that Harajuku crap, & all her songs are so "poor me". She just bugs me.

Edited by GaT
  • Like 2

A very early version of the Eagles' most unusual song, "Journey of the Sorcerer". This is from a live show in Boston in June of 1975, before One of These Nights was even out.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 12:10 AM, Annber03 said:

(My favorite song by Pink is "Who Knew?", though. The lyrics are so bittersweet-I always get a bit choked up when I hear that one.) 

Man!  I'd say a year after being blindsided by the end of a 17 year friendship I heard the lyrics on a bus going home....and the tears started flowing, there was no way to act cool so I just let them flow.

Every...damned...lyric was exactly how I was feeling, even now it is hard to hear that song.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Like 4

Hey, that's what music is for, right? Good way to help us let out our emotions. Hopefully the people on the bus were understanding. 

I'm sorry about the end of your friendship. 

• Like 3

Happy Birthday, Demi Lovato. Don't worry about being away for a long while, just take as much time as you need to get better.

• Like 1

And, happy 70th birthday to The Golden God, Robert Plant!  SiriusXM is rerunning 2 specials with him today on Deep Tracks - Artist Confidential recorded in 2005 (on now) and a Town Hall (recorded...I'm not sure when) at 4pm Eastern (the Real Time Zone!). 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:30 PM, Vixenstud said:

Man!  I'd say a year after being blindsided by the end of a 17 year friendship I heard the lyrics on a bus going home....and the tears started flowing, there was no way to act cool so I just let them flow.

Every...damned...lyric was exactly how I was feeling, even now it is hard to hear that song.

My all-time favorite P!nk song. And I like it whether she sings it full rock or acoustically. It’s just beautiful. 

Ok I freaking give up. The video is unavailable and I can’t get to delete and my browser keeps crashing because technology is great until it isn’t so I’m just going to leave this post as is. Beautiful song, great performance, I’m sorry about your friend ?.  Cheers. 

Edited by OllieSocks · Reason: Technology sucks
  • Like 1

I guess I have to thank Pitch Perfect in how its riffs/riff-offs have gotten my daughters to listen to the music of my youth.  We can all sing along.

50 years ago this month, the woman in my avatar released her signature song. Country music lost part of its soul the day she died in 1998.

And the award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2018 goes to...Avril Lavigne? Wow:

Edited by 27bored