Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E15: Pandora's Box

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

After Abby’s homeland security think tank is compromised and she is found in possession of a real bomb, the NCIS team discovers the leader of the group has been murdered and a theoretical terror playbook has been stolen.

Crossover with NCIS: New Orleans season 3 episode 14.

I am ashamed to admit that I thought the baddie was Earl's HITG boss and was emphatically wrong. Should I turn in my tv card at the door? Kudos on the twist.

I found the plot very interesting. I'd love to learn more about scenarios like that and white hat testing. Abby still bugs and this was the perfect vehicle to display her magical Abby-ness. 

I was surprised Gibbs didn't buck VAnce when he ordered Abby to do it. 

Of COURSE Bishop wants to play with the big kids  

I still like Torres. If you had told me in September that I would have tolerated - for one minute - pervy creeper WV I would have laughed in your face. but I like him! The stupid banter w Reece (is that his name??) was forced and I have ZERO idea on the significance of Ducky nailing his accent a la 'Enry 'Iggins.

No Jimmy follow up?? Last week he went about his business with no visible signs of any lingering trauma. Not even on this week. Can we at least get a post mortem throw away line about how Bree chewed him out - and immediately forgave him -- for putting himself at risk? No psych follow up?? 

I agree on the complete indecipherable-ness of the NOLA agent. I wanted to carve out my eardrums. (I didn't watch part 2 either but I probably will at some point this week.)

also - while off topic sort-of for the mother ship - maybe a throw away line from Vance about how all hell is breaking loose in LA while this terror book is on the market?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Of COURSE Bishop wants to play with the big kids  

And obsessively running facial recognition software - we haven't seen that on NCIS before...ugh.

3 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I don't watch NOLA  but if I did I'd probably forget about what happened in the Mothership episode while waiting an hour for it to air.  Bad continuity for a crossover, in my opinion.

Agree - terrible idea.  Plus, after watching the NOLA episode (and, judging from the lack of comments on the other thread, I might be the only one who did), they were practically two separate episodes anyway. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I don't watch NOLA  but if I did I'd probably forget about what happened in the Mothership episode while waiting an hour for it to air.  Bad continuity for a crossover, in my opinion.

Well it depends. Other shows in the past, the conclusion would take place on another show on a different night. Law & Order did that. And there are the superheroes shows that do this. So it doesn't bother me.  But, as you say, to each their own.

• Love 2

I wondered if they did the split as an effort to double the ratings for Bull which (from the ones I've seen) seems to have a horrific drop off from NCIS.

To me, it still seems as if there are too many paid names running around and each has to do something minor each week to get paid.

I too keep on the closed captioning for both Torres and Esposito.

And look out for another Esposito-can't-keep-her-private-life-from-effecting-her-work-performance episode as demonstrated by her unwillingness to tell Gibbs her problem while staring off into space.  Definitely an episode to miss.

And there are still - too - many - people - on - this - show !!!!!!!

• Love 1

I don't know that this had to be a crossover episode. Honestly, some bad guy trying to buy the information could be in ANY city, ANYwhere... but for story purposes it's NOLA. Whatever. I actually didn't mind Abby so much this episode (and I tend to roll my eyes at a lot of her behavior). She looked good in that pink dress, too! I find this kind of stuff interesting-- it makes sense that agencies might do this to test weakness/prevent future attacks but the logistics and who gets involved. I'm glad the confusion about the op didn't last long (like, Abby wasn't in jail the entire episode and the Director/Gibbs were on the up and up).

Bishop and her not-so-secret quest for revenge... guessing we'll see more of this as we get closer to the finale. I do like that Reeves isn't buying her act (and possibly/definitely knows what she's up to).

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

And obsessively running facial recognition software - we haven't seen that on NCIS before...ugh.

Who does she think she is, Gibbs? I had more than my fill having to sit through facial recognition in the search for Ari after he killed Kate.

What a snoozefest.  I couldn't tell you what actually happened in this episode.

I don't watch NOLA, and rarely watch any show set in the south. As a southern lady, I just find the accents too painful to endure.  I'm sure that it's been said before, but they just make my ears bleed. I endured it this one time, but, never again. 

37 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I don't watch NOLA, and rarely watch any show set in the south. As a southern lady, I just find the accents too painful to endure.  I'm sure that it's been said before, but they just make my ears bleed. I endured it this one time, but, never again. 

I think Scott Bakula's is the only fake southern accent. Lucas Black uses his natural accent.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2017 at 8:54 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well it depends. Other shows in the past, the conclusion would take place on another show on a different night. Law & Order did that. And there are the superheroes shows that do this. So it doesn't bother me.  But, as you say, to each their own.

And NOLA is a senior skewing show like the JAG daughtership so many watch it later. That I prefer Agents of SHIELD and its one of the few 10 PM shows I stay up for is just me. I tired , twice to get through this episode. I think I made it to the 20 minute mark the second time around. The completion of the story didn't need the the McGuffin set up for their story to work work.

I just watched part 2. I'll go post over there but holy boats was that a clunky exposition fairy of an episode. Wow! Did you Nawleans folks just realize that the killer could be one of the other buyers?? No way! Whodathunk?! Good thing you're federal agents and it only took you 30 mins to come to that conclusion!!

(no disrespect to NOLA residents.) ?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Did you Nawleans folks just realize that the killer could be one of the other buyers??

As a New Orleans resident of ten years (Algiers Point and the French Quarter, no suburbs for us), nothing surprises me about that city.

Expecting logic and reason....takes about eight months to get real. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, Packerbrewerbadger said:

I also hate crossovers.  I think it's pretentious of networks to "make " us watch a show we dont usually watch to see the  ending. I don't watch NCIS New Orleans and not interested enough in the storyline to start now. 

I hate them too. I just don't watch the second episode. It's never bothered me, if I'm interested, I'll just go to the forum and see what happened. I was happy, though, that in this case, the primary mystery was solved in NCIS.

On 2/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, Swim mom said:

I wanted to like NOLA, because I love Bakula, but the constant "hey this is NEW ORLEANS!!! Get it???" and Scott's terrible, terrible (and totally unnecessary) accent was too much. His character isn't even from New Orleans, as I recall.

I didn't grow up in the South, but all of my family did, so bad Southern accents really bug (especially the one size fits all approach). I handwave some of the ones that aren't too bad - but man, if you can't get it right, just step away from the accent so no one gets hurt.

• Love 1

OK so am I right that the big cross-over portion of the episode had nothing to do with the fact that the Think Tank got compromised by the assistant and was being used to do his dirty work?  I know there was some sort of hacking that occurred that allowed someone to steal the playbook, but it didn't have anything to do with the revenge plot of the assistant right?  Or did I miss some link?