Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Go Cry Somewhere Else

1 minute ago, possibilities said:

Frank killed Mahoney to punish him for ordering the car accident that wound up killing Annalise's pregnancy. I don't know why he did it in front of Wes, though. That seemed crazy.

At the end of last season AK found out that Frank planted the bug that Mahooney used to find out that AK was going to the police. Consequently Mahoney had AK's car t-boned causing her to go into premature labor and the baby didn't survive. To make it up to AK Frank then killed Mahoney. Allegedly he took Wes as some sort of insurance policy against AK turning Frank in. I agree that excuse makes no sense. I guess Frank assumed AK would make sure that Wes was not convicted of any wrong doing regarding Mahoney's murder and she would also forgive Frank for his part in her baby's death.

3 hours ago, starri said:

If they wrap up the part of the story with Annalise being guilty before the end of the season, we had better see her as a client of the clinic.

Maybe she killed some blonde Aussie who wouldnt stop screaming about her "BAYBEEE".

Seriously, i hope they bring her back as either a CotW or hell the season 4A case/mystery.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, DearEvette said:

Oliver is shady.  SHA.  DY.  He lied so smooth.  I think he was lying to them when he was sweating.  That is how much a liar I think he is.  I loved seeing the look on Connor's face when that realization dawned about how simple it is for Oliver to lie.  And if Annalise hadn't spilled the beans to Connor about the Stanford letter Oliver would have gone on lying (by omission) to Connor about that.

I Oliver in anyone's pool to be Wes' murderer?  That'd be a twist for sure.

Also I agree wholeheartedly that Michaela was MVP of the episode.  I love how every week someone has asked Aja Naomi King on twitter why Michaela isn't wrapping her hair.  Her response re:Asher and Michaela "They aren't there yet." and then finally we see they are there.  And It is lovely and natural.  I continue to be amazed how good they are together.  Just amazed. 

He IS shady!  I don't think he killed Wes but started working for Hannah Keating at some point.  I believe he tipped her off about the meet and she killed Wes intending to kill them all.  I think Annalise already suspects him tho.  She noted he dumped Connor right after he slyly blackmailed her into hiring him.  I'll bet she put some bs on that phone to expose him and Hannah.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, starri said:

Karla Souza is killing it.  Although I like my Laurel cold and calculating.  This spun off her axis and vulnerable thing is fine for now, but while I love Michaela's "The New Annalise" moment, I miss Laurel's turn as "The New Bonnie."

Same, and I hope we can get back to that after the Wes story wraps up. Although if Laurel did (accidentally) kill Wes and is using her histrionics to cover up her guilt, that would be the most cold and calculating thing she's done yet. It would make the "Michaela's ring" situation look like child's play.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:23 AM, doram said:

Did they ever explain why Simon put up those Killer posters around campus? Because the explanation - "that he was jellus" - doesn't hold up to scrutiny (like, let's face it, a lot of things on this show). The posters were up from the first day of class. What time did he have to get jellus about the K-5 getting special treatment? 

My theory is that he was the patsy for a greater conspiracy against Annalise coordinated by the higher-ups at Middleton alongside the DA's office. I realize that that many involved in this set-up is a little outlandish, but I'm sticking to this speculation until proven otherwise.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Scarlettatl said:

He IS shady!  I don't think he killed Wes but started working for Hannah Keating at some point.  I believe he tipped her off about the meet and she killed Wes intending to kill them all.  I think Annalise already suspects him tho.  She noted he dumped Connor right after he slyly blackmailed her into hiring him.  I'll bet she put some bs on that phone to expose him and Hannah.

That's a lot of off screen happening for 2 characters that never met. If AK sudpected Olivershe would have exposed him early on . She certainly wouldn't have gotten Bonnie to help him replace the phone.  

On 2/11/2017 at 0:23 AM, doram said:

Did they ever explain why Simon put up those Killer posters around campus? Because the explanation - "that he was jellus" - doesn't hold up to scrutiny (like, let's face it, a lot of things on this show). The posters were up from the first day of class. What time did he have to get jellus about the K-5 getting special treatment? 

He told Annalise that he didn't do it and I believe him.  I think Oliver planted those when Michaela stole Simon's laptop to get the arbitration outline.  Remember it was Oliver that supposedly found them there.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

That's a lot of off screen happening for 2 characters that never met. If AK sudpected Olivershe would have exposed him early on . She certainly wouldn't have gotten Bonnie to help him replace the phone.  

But they have met, end of season 1 when Hannah met all of the students.  She seemed to blame them all as co-conspirators with AK. IMO It's not far fetched for this show to bring her back into the fold.  Annalise just brought her up again recently saying she left her a drunken vmail just prior to the fire.  As for the phone, I think AK wanted him to have it, admittedly I have no idea what she put on it.  But I believe it's something that will ultimately prove his collusion with Hannah because he will have kept it and not done as instructed. AK took note when at the courthouse the students made her aware that Oliver had dumped Connor in S03E03, right after she hired him.  She probably also noted his Stanford disclosure (knowing she'd tell Connor) was a ploy to get Connor to dump him first. She also had to have put Oliver on her watchlist when he basically threatened her with "I can hack your files whenever I like" in order to get that job.  I don't believe any of K5 or Nate had anything to do with Wes' murder.  Bonnie is a possibility but I still don't see it. Hannah makes more sense than anyone as Sam's avenging sister, with Rebecca, Sam and all past deeds coming to the surface.

Edited by Scarlettatl

Oliver isn't a student.  To the best of my recollection he hasn't meet Hannah. The K5 have met her but he hasn't.  As for making a copy, the show got that correct, most hacker's/IT people make a copy before deleting anything as a matter of practice. Oliver isn't an innocent, but I don't see him as killing Wes.

14 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Oliver isn't a student.  To the best of my recollection he hasn't meet Hannah. The K5 have met her but he hasn't.  As for making a copy, the show got that correct, most hacker's/IT people make a copy before deleting anything as a matter of practice. Oliver isn't an innocent, but I don't see him as killing Wes.

I didn't say he killed him. I said I believe Hannah killed him and at some point Oliver began working for her.  

Oliver isn't a student, as well he wasn't involved in Sam's murder.  But his connection to them/Connor was not hard to discover.  He had no real allegiance to AK either or anything to protect.

Something to consider... Oliver became TOO curious about Keating and crew secrets in S2.  Most anyone that has a mate with jobs (corporate, firm or govt) don't expect them to divulge secrets/proprietary info.  Yet Oliver was persistent. And this... an IT security pro who would certainly know better.

Edited by Scarlettatl

Oliver hasn't met Hannah. So how is he working for her?  Oliver practically worships the ground AK walks on. Wanting to be part of AK & the K5 inner circle is how he came to work for her in the first place. It's part of why he deleted Connor's Stanford acceptance. Since this really doesn't have anything to do with this weeks episode, maybe we can move this to the speculation thread.

Edited by Milaxx

There's much that goes on with this show that we dont see until it's revealed in a flashback.  My post was a response to a post on Oliver's "shadiness".  You questioned it.  I responded. As for the speculation thread, thanks I may do that.

I like all theories. I don't think oliver did this. Laurel maybeeee because of the baby.. maybe she knew and wanted to abort and wes told her not to their argument escaled into a physical fight and she killed him that's when frank came in and saw what happened and burn down the house. I could see frank being there at somepoint because bonnie told him to go there. Another posibility is that meggy did it. She has been acting weird since nate visit laurel. the reason i think annalise told oliv to clean her phone is because has a lot of dirt on her. This may sound crazy but i think she got asher father killed , she also got caleb killed so that way they could close the case with all the information she and phillip provided. Maybe there's more and more dirty stuff about her. I don't think she has anything to do with wes being killed. I don't think the mahoneys did it. That emergency # wes had maybe the person who killed him. I don't know who that might be. I can only think of that detective he meet when her mother commit suicide. Who ever killed wes might known that he will testify against anna mae and had to kill him in order to protect her this could be laurel , nate or maybe bonnie cuz we didn't see her at wes aparment (she said she will go there) so maybe bonbon confront wes about snitching on annalise she killed him frank told her to live, then he make the fire and maybe that's why laurel think she saw frank living the house. Frank said he loves bonnie so this maybe what happened. my wildest guess would be that wes saw a spy from the DA's at the house and the spy kill him(very unlikely) specially with him cutting a deal with them but maybe he said he wont do it and atwood took care of him. anna mae said its war on the trailer of next episode and she was going to call someone i wonder who that is. Let me know if any of this theories sound right to y'all

14 hours ago, Scarlettatl said:

There's much that goes on with this show that we don't see until it's revealed in a flashback.  My post was a response to a post on Oliver's "shadiness".  You questioned it.  I responded. As for the speculation thread, thanks I may do that.

I never questioned Oliver's "shadiness". I questioned speculation on what that perceived shadiness meant. Even the events we see in flashback have a connection to things we've seen.  From what I've seen Oliver has zero connection to Hannah.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:50 PM, juliet73 said:

I'm going with Simon as the one who killed Wes. 

That's too obvious too and so is Meggy at this point. It can't be just him, nor Meggy IMO. I mean if Norwalk comes with that, I'll be like, that's all you got? LOL. He better come with something better than that. If that's all he's got he better start writing the HTGAWM stuff for the clients that Anna and Keating-4 will represent and leave them out of committing the actual crimes. 

If anything, it'll be more interesting and not a roll my eye moment if multiple characters played some roll in the death, arson, and/or setting up Anna. Maybe some of them were working together and others not.  Because when I do care about who killed Wes, which isn't often, I'm thinking what would make this interesting for me, and it's only trying to figure out just how many of these folks had a hand in all of this.  Like is Meggy working with the DA's office? Is she related to Atwood?  What is Atwood's problem exactly? Because Norwalk sure as hell never clued me in to what the hell Sinclair's problem was before Asher ran her over. This time I'd like to know why Atwood is clearly acting like the "single white female." Hell, is Simon a plant? Because that is some weird shit, to post flyers naming your professor as a murderer, like WTF? It's just utterly weird.  Especially for Simon who apparently is poor and struggling financially, shouldn't he be focused on making the grade?  If I was that poor and somehow was able to get into law school, I would have no time to fuck around with my professor like he did, seriously? It's not even like they were in mid-semester and he was failing the course so he decided to fuck over the teacher, they were right at the beginning of the semester when he posted those flyers, weird. Now Oliver has both my eyeballs stuck in the corners of my eye sockets, side eyeing his ass. Yeah, in order for this to be any kind of payoff for all the "mystery" at least three to five people have to have played a roll in all this.

Yep, I think all these folks were plants, I definitely think Meggy is, for sure. Maybe she really fell for him at some point in time, but she was part of the set up and she got her hooks into Wes over the summer break when the rest of the Keatings weren't around to side eye her ass. That's why Laurel came back and said who the fuck is she? And why does she even know who I am? And why is she giving me hugs? Yep, puppy dog Wes was easy prey, she could get in there and try to get info.. to pass on especially without Laurel, Connor and Michaela there to question her motives in Wes's ear. 

Even that lawyer that Bonnie, not Anna, but Bonnie got to represent Wes was in on it, Wes finally gave him the side eye and fired him. But where did Bonnie find him exactly? That joker was standing up in Anna's house? Not even in the vestibule, but in the actual house when Bonnie and Anna returned home. How the hell did he get into the inner part of the house?

Edited by Keepitmoving
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

Even that lawyer that Bonnie, not Anna, but Bonnie got to represent Wes was in on it, Wes finally gave him the side eye and fired him. But where did Bonnie find him exactly? That joker was standing up in Anna's house? Not even in the vestibule, but in the actual house when Bonnie and Anna returned home. How the hell did he get into the inner part of the house?

I like your theories, but homie was in the vestibule. He hadn't gone in cause Wes wasn't there to let him in. He told Bonnie & AK he knocked but didn't get an answer.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I like your theories, but homie was in the vestibule. He hadn't gone in cause Wes wasn't there to let him in. He told Bonnie & AK he knocked but didn't get an answer.

I gotta look at that scene again, because I swear Anna and Bonnie walked in, Anna was surprised to see him, but Bonnie wasn't because she was expecting him.  She then proceeds to introduce him to Anna. Then Anna continues to walk through the hallway toward her office and doesn't go through another front door. So that's why it looked to me like he was in the house and not standing and waiting for them in between the front door and the inner front door.  Bonnie then shows/ushers  him to a room on the right, don't know if that was the dinning room or what but... In other words, when they came in and met him there, they didn't then take him through another door.  Maybe you're right, but I just remember thinking to myself, how did he get into the house where he's able to see all the furniture? Who let him in? That's what I remember thinking.

By the way, I'm glad that house burned down, it needs a make over. It's way too dark and maybe you are right, because the darkness always prevented me from really figuring out the layout. 

Edited by Keepitmoving

Apparently the way the house is set up there's a space between where you walk in and the main rooms. That's where he was. It's the same place Connor and Oliver were fighting after Connor told Asher that Oliver was HIV+. So it's like front door>space>second door>house. It looks like one way leads to main house and upstairs, and another door leads to the room the K5 gather in. No clips available but it's at the end of 3x6

Edited by Milaxx
3 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Apparently the way the house is set up there's a space between where you walk in and the main rooms. That's where he was. It's the same place Connor and Oliver were fighting after Connor told Asher that Oliver was HIV+. So it's like front door>space>second door>house. It looks like one way leads to main house and upstairs, and another door leads to the room the K5 gather in. I'll try and find a clip on line.

See, yeah, I never really got a good look/understanding of that space. 

• Love 1

Over a week late, but while I agree that Karla Souza has been killing this storyline, I yelled a big, loud "SHUT UP, LAUREL!" when she went off on the other mourners at Wes's funeral.  Wes likely had other friends outside of the group, honey, and they have as much right to grieve for him as you do.  You're not entitled to be the only one mourning him.  DEAL WITH IT.

As for other fronts, I agree on the Michaela love.  So glad she's getting so much more to do this season.

• Love 3

Laurel is probably the best written character on this show. Love her or hate her, it's working. Strip off all the drama and just read her as a character and it's kinda amazing to dissect her and how she was written. She is probably one of the most creatively written character her along with Bonnie. They have this twisted personality, back stories and kinda amazing aspects in them. No matter how many times I watch this show, those two really stands out in a very creative point of view...

• Love 2