Type keyword(s) to search

APB - General Discussion

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

On 3/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

You know, the company can still provide private security services, lady. Gideon just doesn't want to make the institution of law enforcement pay to play.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:33 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Murphy's ignorant reactions as the big speech was being made spoke volumes.  What rot.  Not one thing he proposed for almost the whole thing was even vaguely suggesting that the poor would be receiving less police protection.  ADT must be eeeeeeevil, I guess.

It's all anvils being dropped from the writers, they can't even imagine that any business could privatize policing and actually have any motivation beyond simply making a profit, everybody who can't pay be damned, or doing good in addition to making a profit. It's all false drama, as the next episode proves there's plenty of other institutions besides police departments that would get a lot of mileage out of the tech Gideon has invented or re-purposed for the 13th precinct and be much better able to foot the bill. The military is probably the most obvious one. Most of the tech he's making for the 13th is really just proof of concept models anyway and other stuff still being tested for other applications, thus could eventually have their costs lowered to something a police department could pay with a some R&D.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/15/2017 at 9:23 AM, MrSmith said:

We open with Gideon playing around with mini-drones. I'm not sure why or why the writers think this is nifty new technology. It seemed like, later in the episode, that the drones could be "locked onto" a target and they would just follow that target without human intervention. And at the same time, it still looked like Gideon had to fly all four of the drones at the same time. So, I'm confused. Clearly, the drones aren't all that expensive since Gideon is willing to let three of them drop to the ground wherever they were in the city, and the writers even made sure to show that one of them gets run over. I guess it's a positive that, for once, this is not expensive tech.

My question was why Gideon even had to control all of the drones at once by himself. The controls looked like something a 5 year old could figure out within 10 minutes of practice not to mention a precinct full of cops and the tech guy right there.

On 3/17/2017 at 0:33 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The shady, up to no good parent has been done to death, but at least John Heard was fun as always.  But, really, it was obvious that he was a sneaky sneak, so I felt bad for Gideon whenever he tried to bring this up, and Martinez and Conrad/Ernie Hudson just kept going "You need to talk to him, or you will regret it!"  It sure didn't sound like Gideon dislike was for shallow reasons.  The guy was a horrible father, and proved it again.

Fiction, particularly TV, has this really bizarre obsession with forcing a character who has very VERY good reason to hate another character to try and make up with that person, only for the latter to inevitably screw the former over yet again and thus prove very conclusively that the first has damned good cause to hate the latter. Usually the one talking them into this uses something like "someone I hated died and I regretted not making up with them" nonsense reason. Then the next time the scumbag shows up they go through the very same song and dance all over again.

Gideon has cause to be a bit miffed at Murphy after this episode, sadly he doesn't.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

A mail it in cliche pc epi. zzzzzz........

To top it he could've told share holders the tech they are currently using and/or developing will be modified for civilian use for profit products to sell. They could sell each piece of tech individually.

More Kim Raver

On 4/5/2017 at 6:22 AM, immortalfrieza said:

Fiction, particularly TV, has this really bizarre obsession with forcing a character who has very VERY good reason to hate another character to try and make up with that person, only for the latter to inevitably screw the former over yet again and thus prove very conclusively that the first has damned good cause to hate the latter. Usually the one talking them into this uses something like "someone I hated died and I regretted not making up with them" nonsense reason. Then the next time the scumbag shows up they go through the very same song and dance all over again.

*cough* Tony DiNozzo, NCIS *cough*

I'm disappointed, and also not surprised. I think they could've done a lot better with this show than they did. In spite of that, I still enjoyed watching it.

I had a feeling that TPTB didn't take the making of that show seriously.  They may have poured money in, but there were a lot of things lacking.....character development......character interaction.....character everything else.

They had me at "I'm an engineer"  and had people solving problems.  Problem was ....it was too easy to solve that many hard problems in less than 50 minutes.

9 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Problem was ....it was too easy to solve that many hard problems in less than 50 minutes.

Because the premise of the show was "Unlimited Money".  Instead of having to devise a clever solution to the Problem-of-the-Week, they just threw a 250 million dollar smoking jacket at the problem, or used a 250 million dollar dooflickie to reverse the phase of the dilithium crystals.  

• Love 1