Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S06.E16: Operation: Bobcat

Recommended Posts

Quote

On Valentine's Day, Jess tries to convince the gang that she is perfectly content being single. Meanwhile, Schmidt competes for a big promotion and Winston's proposal plans to Aly are expedited.

Share this post


Link to post

I loved that the "personal chef" was Gordon Ramsey.  "Scallops...aren't for liars!".  Also loved Winston's trash can vs. balloon battle.  The struggle is real.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed this episode! Nick and Jess is inevitable at this point and I can't say I'm horrified like I would have been a season ago. I do think the show still struggles writing relationships for Jess but more and more they've been doing a great job with the other relationships that I'm willing to be hopeful rather than worried. Jess' plot here was actually pretty sweet. I did feel for her when she heard Nick say he loved Regan and I do get why she's mad that she put her heart into their relationship and he was a lazy ass and now Regan, who doesn't seem to appreciate him all that much, is getting attentive boyfriend Nick. Plus, I thought the Gordon Ramsay stuff was funny enough to justify the cameo.

Winston and Ally are just so cute and they get each other and I laughed so much when she sent him flying across the room.

Cece and Schmidt were also fabulous. I like that Cece acknowledged that Schmidt does the bulk of the heavy lifting when it comes to romance in their relationship and made a serious effort to step up her game because she loves him.

Nick's Valentine's day was a mix. He was a kind and thoughtful boyfriend and he did give Cece some good advice but then we went back to too dumb to live Nick. I'm really supposed to believe Nick can't tell a regular dress from a wedding dress? Or see that the suit he pulled out of Schmidt's closet could hold three Schmidts? Come on, Nick! And come on, show! I get the need for humour, but give Nick a better reason than being a moron. Have it be that he was in a panic or got distracted or anything other than Nick being a moron.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Nick's Valentine's day was a mix. He was a kind and thoughtful boyfriend and he did give Cece some good advice but then we went back to too dumb to live Nick. I'm really supposed to believe Nick can't tell a regular dress from a wedding dress? Or see that the suit he pulled out of Schmidt's closet could hold three Schmidts? Come on, Nick! And come on, show! I get the need for humour, but give Nick a better reason than being a moron. Have it be that he was in a panic or got distracted or anything other than Nick being a moron.

I assume that he did that intentionally while playing it off as a mistake. I mean, my best friends are stuck naked on top of a building and call me for help, I'm sure grabbing the most ridiculous things I can find.

Not sure if that is (once again) giving the writers too much credit or not. But it might be interesting to watch dumb Nick and see how much of his dumbness could be attributable to him fooling around and messing with people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Winston is the best thing about the show right now. That said, the proposal was ridiculously absurd. Who on earth would want to be proposed to in a filthy public restroom, no matter how much Jess cleaned it up? I don't care if that's where they had their first call together, that's not romantic it's disgusting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ae2 said:

I assume that he did that intentionally while playing it off as a mistake. I mean, my best friends are stuck naked on top of a building and call me for help, I'm sure grabbing the most ridiculous things I can find.

Not sure if that is (once again) giving the writers too much credit or not. But it might be interesting to watch dumb Nick and see how much of his dumbness could be attributable to him fooling around and messing with people.

I love this idea, an episode showing that Nick is crazy like a fox. He's definitely had his moments of clarity, but I think he gets a lot of enjoyment out of winding his friends up. I have a friend like that. Smart guy, but knows just what buttons to press and does it in a way that you can't help but love him because he does it so innocently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately, it seems more like Nick is just a giant man child, which makes it even harder to believe Reagan would want anything to do with him. If anything he's actually regressed since breaking up with Jess. I don't know what she's so jealous of - Reagan is not getting a "better" version of Nick by any stretch of the imagination.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This was a fun episode in what has often been a blah season. Winston and Allie are just SO sweet together... they always make me smile. And the post-proposal kiss with Winston in the bobcat costume and Allie in her police uniform was just perfect.

18 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

I do wish we had gotten a scene with Furguson and his "new mommy" though!

Yes!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

" I don't have to explain myself to a chimney sweep!"

Awwww I liked that one! Winston and Allison are just adorable. I feel like, to anyone else, proposing in a nasty gas station bathroom would be insane, but for Winston and Allison, it totally worked. Although, I do question the wisdom of jumping out and scaring an armed police officer. Please tell me we get an episode soon where Allison spends the day with her new son (Ferguson) and hijinks ensue!

I also liked Schmidt and Cece, and Cece wanting to do something and romantic to Schmidt, because he's normally the romantic one. I had my doubts, but they really work as a married couple.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I love Winston and Ally, and I'm thrilled that the show decided to keep them together and let her be a bit crazy, too. It works. The proposal actually gave me chills, bobcat costume and public restroom and all. I just really, really hope that the writers have forgotten that Winston is already married thanks to that stupid prank last season. I don't want to see wacky annulment hijinks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Thog said:

I love Winston and Ally, and I'm thrilled that the show decided to keep them together and let her be a bit crazy, too. It works. The proposal actually gave me chills, bobcat costume and public restroom and all. I just really, really hope that the writers have forgotten that Winston is already married thanks to that stupid prank last season. I don't want to see wacky annulment hijinks.

It's very, very odd that we the viewers remember that Winston is already married, but the writers of the show have forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Maya said:

It's very, very odd that we the viewers remember that Winston is already married, but the writers of the show have forgotten. 

See next week's episode summary :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

See next week's episode summary :) 

Finally! But still weird that none of the characters have mentioned it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, tennisgurl said:

Please tell me we get an episode soon where Allison spends the day with her new son (Ferguson) and hijinks ensue!

A classic Aly and Ferguson mess-around. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I personally don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" between Winston and Aly. I don't have any issues with her but she's not especially interesting or funny and they haven't done much with her to flesh out her character. Winston is so over-the-top absurd they really need someone equally quirky to match him up with and I don't see Aly fitting that bill. They could do more with her to fix this, but I haven't seen it thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I personally don't see a whole lot of "chemistry" between Winston and Aly. I don't have any issues with her but she's not especially interesting or funny and they haven't done much with her to flesh out her character. Winston is so over-the-top absurd they really need someone equally quirky to match him up with and I don't see Aly fitting that bill. They could do more with her to fix this, but I haven't seen it thus far.

We haven't seen them together much lately. I think chemistry was evident in earlier episode. I don't think double-quirky is necessary. That's what got Winston prank-married. 

Share this post


Link to post

I fangirled to see Gordon Ramsay on the episode, and he actually crammed in all of his cliches, which made me giggle all the more. The only line I didnt hear him say was "this is a stunning dish."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
×