Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Watch Bowling Green Massacre Truther Stephen Colbert Tell You, On The Late Show What The Media Didn't Cover

I wonder if Kellyanne Conjob has finally reached even HER limit with this? I mean, she reacted by claiming that she "misspoke" and meant to say "Bowling Green Terrorists". Something that Middle America might even believe and give her the usual automatic excuses the Trump administration gets, until it was revealed that she said it in THREE different interviews. Then again, logic probably isn't needed here. All you apparently have to do is screetch the phrase "Fake News!" and apparently a certain subset of brains go into some kind of Emergency Brainwashed Mode, where instead of looking at the simple evidence that her DEFENSE of saying this is yet another transparent lie, some ridiculous conclusion is reached instead that the media is somehow creating the situation instead of Kellyanne, or El Presidente. Or as Mr. Trump did in his O'Reilly interview, when confronted with a statement that there is no proof for something he'd just said a moment before, saying "that doesn't matter" and pressing on with some even more outrageous claim seems to work too.

Where ARE the limits then? ARE there any at all anymore?

Edited by Kromm

Especially when he doesn't get daily briefings anymore, and these attacks were so old that they wouldn't be considered a "change" in the situation that he deems only all that he needs to know because he is "smart"? This is the one thing that I hate about the wild accusations he throws out and the people who eat it up, he claims the media is dishonest, yet NEVER cites any examples. He claims that terrorist attacks have not been covered, yet NEVER cites any examples. CNN had a video interviewing some women in Arizona who were Trump supporters and proud of what he is doing, and yet CNN never asked them, what exactly would it take for you to not trust or believe in Trump? And then ask them how will they know if he does it if you don't trust the media, do you actually believe Trump will tell you he messed up? And if they say yes, then roll B-clips of all the times he lied and see how they react. Sigh.

• Like 1

So true, HawaiiTVGuy. That's why I think the comedy news shows do a much better job of getting to the heart of Trump cognitive disorder. It's so frustrating to watch or read about reporters' interactions with supporters that never follow up on the lies, deceptions and pretzel logic. Samantha Bee at least sends Amy Hoggart out to ask the tough questions.