Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: The Locomotion Reverberation

LEONARD AND WOLOWITZ TRY TO GET SHELDON OUT OF THEIR HAIR BY GIVING HIM TICKETS TO A HISTORIC RAILWAY, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, FEB. 9

Dean Norris Returns as Colonel Williams

"The Locomotion Reverberation"- Leonard and Wolowitz try to distract Sheldon when he slows the progress of their guidance system. Also, Penny and Amy take Bernadette out for the night, leaving Raj and Stuart to care for baby Halley, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 9 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I enjoyed the non-Raj and Stuart parts of the episode.  Although I call 'foul' on the General immediately recognizing that Sheldon's formula meant the guidance system could be smaller.

Shame on Penny for raining on Bernadette's girls' night out. 

• Love 3

Boo-fucking-hoo Penny! You can't give it a rest for one night, so Bernadette can have a nice night out for once? Suck it up and have fun for your friend, it's not always about you.

Loved the end dream sequence, I really enjoy how much she lusts after him. You don't see that much on "nerd" shows. I wish he would reciprocate, but I think it will just take time.

• Love 7

What a mixed bag!  I liked the Leonard, Howard, Sheldon story line as it was very reminiscent of how the show used to be,  The Raj/Stuart story was just dumb...and over used.  It is basically the same thing we've had for these two for about two seasons now.  I did like the the Girls Night story when it was about Bernadette (with Amy jockeying for a baroque music night)--I remember feeling just like Bernadette when my children were babies, so I thought that part was well done.  However, as soon as it became all about Penny I was done.    Too bad, as I was enjoying the break from the Leonard/Penny drama up until that point.

But the best, in my opinion, was Amy's day dream at the end.....

• Love 4

Although I enjoyed the dream sequence at the end (MB is a great actress), it feels like there is a dream sequence "fake-out" every other episode lately.  It is losing it comedic punch.  

13 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

The episodes are so short, there never seems to be any resolutions to the storylines. It all seems so rushed at the end. Cutting it to 2 stories per episode would help.

ITA - I Decided to check out what others thought about the show as I ate my breakfast and realized that I couldn't remember if Sheldon ended up helping them or if the Charlie Brown drawing was the "resolution."  

• Love 2

About time they got back to the guidance system. The whole mess was Sheldon's fault, he just had to "improve" it and make the general change the specs. Just like when the guys were designing that app and he had wreck everything to do it his way. And there is no way that two guys carried that engine up the stairs, it must have weighed near 1000 lbs.

I loved when Penny turned off the baby moniter and Halley's crying was just as loud. As soon as she learns to talk she's gonna be screaming for Howard.

• Love 5

I did't like this one. None of it. 

The only (and I'm not kidding either) part I liked was when Sheldon drew Charlie Brown.

The rest was trash.

Gee. And just think. It's been renewed for an 11th season! Yay?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Frost said:

Although I call 'foul' on the General immediately recognizing that Sheldon's formula meant the guidance system could be smaller.

That was Colonel Williams; when he initially met with the guys he said that he studied engineering at MIT. I thought he just noticed that it was a different approach, and it was Howard and Leonard who tipped him off that would be better. I'm more skeptical that the two couldn't solve Sheldon's equation. Didn't they write an app for solving equations?

I think the plan to have Sheldon solve the problem with by having an incorrect solution would have worked, but the approach was wrong. They needed to put something semi-plausible on the white board and have Sheldon discover it himself. He wouldn't be able to help himself thanks to his obsessive need to have things completed. 

Putting it in front of him with gibberish tipped him off.

A Better Solution would have been: to put some actual vector work into, which Leonard likely could have faked. Gone over to "help" Sheldon with the engine, then invite him over for a beverage when he realized how out of sorts he was and not once mention the board.

• Love 7

As tiresome as this show is becoming I did get a good laugh out of Amy's fantasy at the end. But I agree that Raj and Stuart are just painful to watch anymore and Penny's constant whining is ruining the show.

• Love 2

I too laughed at Amy's fantasy.

Also loved the bit when Sheldon finished Charlie Brown's face. He's often a slave to his many neuroses, and the gang has used them to their advantage before (like getting him to reorganize Howard and Bernie's closet, or folding Penny's laundry), but this time he saw the ruse, and was able to avoid the trap, even if later on they got to an agreement.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, minamurray78 said:

He's often a slave to his many neuroses, and the gang has used them to their advantage before (like getting him to reorganize Howard and Bernie's closet, or folding Penny's laundry), but this time he saw the ruse, and was able to avoid the trap, even if later on they got to an agreement.

While he saw the ruse, he still gave in to his compulsions. The guys inadvertently gave him a choice, so he was able to thwart them by completing the face, rather than the math.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, Browncoat said:

Or maybe having more than 12 minutes to work with.  There are far too many commercials.

The pile-on of commercials has ruined the show for me. The network is trying to recoup the ridiculous salaries granted to the actors and is catering to the lazy writers, who don't have to produce intelligent humor and plots with as many minutes and details. The undercurrent of cynicism is bitter to take. This show is using and exploiting its audience and fan base.

• Love 5

I like how they do their commercials on this show, because I watch it on my DVR.  They have the short tease at the beginning followed by a few short commercials, and a similar break at the end... and the only other break in the action is in the middle when they do a huge pile of commercials.  I'm sure I would hate it if I was watching it live, but since I FF through all of them, I prefer that they have it structured like that.  (Basically two extended acts in the middle with short end caps.)   I prefer it to shows that have more frequent interruptions.

• Love 3

Wow, I'm amazed at how similar the thoughts are here.  I also liked Amy's fantasy and Sheldon drawing Charlie Brown.

It's funny how Amy can be so irritated and exasperated with Sheldon's quirkiness one minute, but then fantasize about him so sexually in the tag scene.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, Spartan Girl said:

LOL at the dream sequence at the end. 

I saw it coming, knew it was a dream, saw the telegraphed water pour but STILL brayed like a jackass! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Love 2

Am I the only one posting here who liked this episode?  I thought it was funny and touching and I liked all the storylines for a change.  I also really identified with Penny and her wondering where her life is heading in light of a close friend having a baby. I also particularly liked the way they had Stuart be the one who knew how to look after Hallie while Raj was taking selfies using flash photography with a sleeping baby - lol.   I also really liked that FINALLY Leonard called Howard out on the inappropriate way he talks about Bernadette.  That's bugged me before and it was nice to have the writers address it.  

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 11

The Penny stuff is part of the show moving towards it's end game, IMHO. They seem to have an idea where they'll all be by the close, except for Raj, who has been treading water for some time now. They keep looking like they might give him growth, then dialling back on it in favour of cheap laughs.

13 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

Am I the only one posting here who liked this episode?  

Not alone!  I liked it as well.  I've actually been enjoying this season quite a lot.  Last night there was nothing on TV and I was home alone and ended up rewatching a good handful of this seasons episodes that were on On Demand.  Not something I think I'd bother doing for last season (not that there weren't good episodes last year but this year they just seem better).

11 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Any time they "sexualize" Sheldon and Amy I want to barf. Amy's dream sequence was no different this time from any other.

I love Amy's dream sequences with Sheldon!  I love that we see him seeming sexy through her eyes but as we watch we're all going "hell no!" They don't try to make him actually sexy at all.  For me that's what makes it funny.  If they ever actually did make Sheldon really sexy I don't think I'd be happy about that at all.  As it is I find it adorable and funny that Amy genuinely thinks Sheldon is a catch and sexy to boot!

• Love 11
On February 11, 2017 at 8:23 PM, CherryAmes said:

Am I the only one posting here who liked this episode?  I thought it was funny and touching and I liked all the storylines for a change.  I also really identified with Penny and her wondering where her life is heading in light of a close friend having a baby.

For me, this was the only part of the episode that I thought was worthwhile. Then Amy piled on about her life and Bernadette ends up lactating. It was a great illustration of the frustrations female friends face at different points in their lives--Of course, it was only about two minutes of the episode. 

I just can't believe we are getting THE. SAME. STORIES. with Stuart and Raj over and over again. I guess Stuart has always been a sad sack so it's not surprising that he's taken to being a full-time nanny, but I think we've seen Raj do something work-related all of once this season, and even then he was mostly trying to hit on the cleaning lady.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

That was Colonel Williams; when he initially met with the guys he said that he studied engineering at MIT. I thought he just noticed that it was a different approach, and it was Howard and Leonard who tipped him off that would be better. I'm more skeptical that the two couldn't solve Sheldon's equation. Didn't they write an app for solving equations?

Since the math apparently wasn't complete, I'm surprised that they couldn't just say it was just something they were trying out but it wouldn't work because. the materials were too heavy, or because they needed more room for x, or whatever.  "Make this" makes it seem like the formula should have been complete and they would only need to start doing their stuff again, not need Sheldon to come back.

• Love 1