Type keyword(s) to search

Over the River and 'Round the Bend: Unspoiled Speculation

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

On 6/1/2017 at 2:42 PM, Bruinsfan said:

What's Shannen Doherty doing these days?

Fortunately, she's recovering from cancer but I think it's going to be awhile before we see her on T.V. again.

I'm doing a rewatch of the first season on Netflix.  My "Alice was raped in high school" theory definitely got strengthened, in my opinion. She has this almost visceral reaction to Betty in a cheerleading uniform. Then in the third episode, they suggest that the football team isn't exactly an upstanding group of men. My theory is that Alice got raped by a member of the 1992 Riverdale High football team when she was a cheerleader. While she's okay with Polly being a cheerleader, she sees Betty as an extension of herself and therefore doesn't want her to be put into that world.

On 6/5/2017 at 3:05 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Fortunately, she's recovering from cancer but I think it's going to be awhile before we see her on T.V. again.

I'm doing a rewatch of the first season on Netflix.  My "Alice was raped in high school" theory definitely got strengthened, in my opinion. She has this almost visceral reaction to Betty in a cheerleading uniform. Then in the third episode, they suggest that the football team isn't exactly an upstanding group of men. My theory is that Alice got raped by a member of the 1992 Riverdale High football team when she was a cheerleader. While she's okay with Polly being a cheerleader, she sees Betty as an extension of herself and therefore doesn't want her to be put into that world.

I think she's already acting again. She filmed the Heathers reboot while she was going through chemo. It's so weird that yall are mentioning her because the entire time I watched season one I kept thinking of how well she'd fit into the vibe of this show. It's a shame she doesn't play Hermoine.

11 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

I think she's already acting again. She filmed the Heathers reboot while she was going through chemo. It's so weird that yall are mentioning her because the entire time I watched season one I kept thinking of how well she'd fit into the vibe of this show. It's a shame she doesn't play Hermoine.

That's good to hear. She would have fit in well with this show. Oh, well.

On 5/13/2017 at 6:25 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I honestly think that Betty and Polly's sibling could be Fred's kid. I mean, at the very least, it's not out of the realm of possibilities. We all know there's only a 5% chance that it's Hal's, and we know all these parents have a history together. Wasn't Alice totally against Betty and Archie getting together early on? She seems to detest Archie and is not fond of Fred, so maybe Alice/Fred's history goes deeper. That, and if the brother is actually Fred's kid and if he becomes the shooter, due to Jughead's narration that the shooting wasn't random, it could be an interesting dynamic of Secret Son shooting Bio Dad for *insert reason here*.

This isn't a bad alternative. I mean, it's a pretty bad alternative in general, but I could see this being the case. Though why would FP care more than Hal about it?

Honestly, though, I can see any of the male adults being the father. I mean, I even jokingly thought that Clifford could be Secret Daddy because it would make the Blossom/Cooper family even more messed up! 

Right now, I think I'd find it interesting if Fred was the father. It would keep him alive for season 2, at least! 

I think we'll see FP's trial take place for at least the first half of the season. I THINK they said that season 2 is going to be more than 13 episodes, so I imagine his trail will go on until at least episode 10, and then something happens that gets him released. I can't see him staying in prison for the rest of the series, let alone all of season 2, and I truly believe that he won't be dying in season 2. 

I'd still like Jughead to be asexual. Unfortunately, their I Love You scene made me a little less hopeful, ALTHOUGH it's not out of the realm of possibilities yet. They did happen to stop the sex scene before it started, so they might be able to still do it right if they decide to. I don't know if they'll change their minds, but I'm hopeful. Not that I don't want them to have some romantic scenes of them making out, but I still want a little more representation for asexuality and they can still make it work. 

I also look forward to Jughead and Betty going down dark paths. I also look forward to more Archie/Veronica. 

I'm still convinced that Fred won't die because that means even more angsty Archie. I mean, he'll be angsty even if Fred survives and he'll get angry enough to find the shooter, but a dead Fred means sad and mourning Archie, and that won't be any fun. 

Imagine how many bad songs he'd write and they'd make us listen to.

• Love 2
On 6/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, KnotsLanding said:

She was pronounced officially in remission in April of this year.  I remember because it's one month after I was.  It's a big, important day.

• Love 3
On 6/2/2017 at 7:33 AM, jay741982 said:

That would be cool. And then they can be revealed as Sabrinas aunts.

My preferred casting for Hilda and Zelda Spellman would be to rip off Bryan Fuller and get Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/4/2017 at 8:59 AM, smorbie said:

Imagine how many bad songs he'd write and they'd make us listen to.

It's going to happen either way. I'm pretty sure they're dropping the football thing, like the O.C. dropped the soccer thing or Nu90210 dropped the lacrosse thing. Having Archie be into music makes it easier for them to feature Josie and the Pussycats.

My preferred casting for Hilda and Zelda Spellman would be to rip off Bryan Fuller and get Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene.

This is the CW. Hilda and Zelda will be hot 35-year olds who once starred in teen dramas like in 2007 or something.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

This is the CW. Hilda and Zelda will be hot 35-year olds who once starred in teen dramas like in 2007 or something.

Jennie Garth and Heather Locklear?  * swoon *

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Jennie Garth and Heather Locklear?  * swoon *

I won't be happy unless one of them is Melissa Joan Hart!  

• Love 6
(edited)

It's been extended to 22 episodes; so my prediction is that, rather than the tight plotting of season 1, we are going to instead get a load of filler and meandering plots. Shame. 

Edited by Chinspinner
7 hours ago, Chinspinner said:

It's been extended to 22 episodes; so my prediction is that, rather than the tight plotting of season 1, we are going to instead get a load of filler and meandering plots. Shame. 

On the other hand, this is such a sprawling canvas that there is a lot you can do. Both Casey Cott and Ashleigh Murray have said they get a lot more to do in the second season.

Oh my god guys! Less than one month less before the season starts!!! Did you see the magazine cover and the teaser yesterday? It's so freaking exciting!!! Since I don't have any people around that are following Riverdale, just thought i'd share my predictions for the next season with other fans! Feel free to share your own!

Who's the shooter : I have no idea! Definitely not a Serpent! Right now i'm pointing towards the Lodges if not someone that has a grudge towards Fred Andrews or Riverdale. I like this theory that I read somewhere that Hermione might have hired someone to hurt Fred so that Hiram wouldn't do the job himself but (shrugs)...

Bughead: Ohhh Bughead. How I wish it was just rainbows and unicorns (sigh).... From hearing RAS and the other actors, I think they are sooo going to struggle this season! I think they will try to make it work but as it's been said, the whole megaverse is against them, the Serpensts, Toni Topaz (despite her being trouble for bughead, she'll back off) ... I think in the end they will either break-up or go on a break sometime during the season only for them to end up back together I don't know, mid-season? End of season? They are endgame so despite all the difficulties, they will find each other again.... I will be looking forward to all their scenes together.

Varchie: They'll have their up and downs, I think they will stick together.... That Nick dude will probably create some -light- tension but no more than that! It'll be interesting to see how Hiram and ARchie will interact!

Jughead-Archie: They will not remain friends. I can't see their friendship survive while they are on opposite sides. But I think they will pacth things up by the end, something united them.

Archie: He's sorta the enigma. Ok, he'll go Bruce Wayne and wants revenge but how?! Will he create a northside gang? Go and blame the Serpents? What about his music? Is he going to be faithful to Veronica? It will be interesting...

Veronica: Struggles with her family. Think she might get seduced to go back to her old ways when that ex shows up...

Jughead; Now that's a biggie, I think he will so desperate to help his dad + find Fred's shooter that he will be a Serpent in order to find out the truth but at the same time it'll make him do things he might not have expected nor wanted. I am not too afraid that he'll fall for Toni Topaz but he might get confused, doubting himself, doubting him + betty. He'll probably break up with Betty so that he can protect her, not because he doesn't love her. I think if that should happen, they might introduce him as asexual, it would be a good way to do it, -if- they go that way.... Hoepfully he'll grow stronger and tougher...

Betty: That poor girl is going to break down eventually. She will grow darker, she will defend the Jones for all its worth, she will try to uncover Riverdale's secrets all the while managing with her crazy family at the same time remaining devoted to Jughead.

Barchie: I am sort of wondering wether they might go for a Barchie moment during the season, should everything fall apart for our core four... I'm sort of expecting it?! Not that I want it to happen...

FP: I can't see him getting out of jail. I think that Peabody lawyer will involve herself with the Serpents, probably will want some sort of payback and I think Alice will be involved in this somehow and perhaps that's how their history will come up in the show... FP rescuing Alice from some sort of payback?!?!

Althought there hasn't been anything mention of Gladys or jellybean, I cannot see anyone other than Neve Campbell to play the mom! I just can't!

Anyone else care to share? :D

• Love 1

If they do go the route of Archie as a vigilante, I hope they do a dream sequence involving Pureheart the Powerful.

Beyond that, I'm hoping that Reggie and Josie are incorporated better into the main group, and that Kevin gets more of a storyline to work with. (Maybe even a love interest that isn't a lying serpent in the grass.)

• Love 3
On 9/21/2017 at 9:01 AM, methodwriter85 said:

See, I actually wish they had gone with the Moose storyline. Having Kevin date a macho jockly type exploring his bicuriousity could have been interesting.

I know!  At least mention  it. Sorta stupid to makes this archetype male role to sort of explore homosexuality only to be ignored and unadressrd for the rest of the season... and im still waiting for Midge to show up. 

• Love 1

Midge needs to be there - and they could use the questioning sexuality angle to shed additional light on his character like why he gets so jealous and out of control when someone else gets close to Midge; he's losing the security of his beard and his manliness is challenged by being not good enough for her (even if it's just perceived by him and not an actual threat to the relationship)

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

Time to start the betting pool:

Who will get more screen time this season: 

Melody or Cover Girl?

Cover girl all the way ?....??...

Here's hoping she'll speak!?

• Love 1
(edited)

Finally made it through Season 3 so it is time to make a prediction for Season 4 - I think Charles is getting revenge on Alice for putting him up for adoption and using his job as an FBI agent to do it. Why else would he allow her to sell her house, give up all her and Betty's money, and separate herself from her teenage daughter? When Alice is done exposing The Farm, she will have nothing but her job and maybe Betty. Polly will probably take the twins and run off, upset that her delusions about Edgar have been destroyed, she won't have a place to live because she gave up her house, her and FP are done, and Betty may not forgive her mom for giving up everything for Charles.

I also think that it is Charles's blood on everyone in the flash forward, probably after he tried to frame Alice or Betty for Edgar's murder - the final nail in the coffin for his birth mother and last part of his revenge.

Edited by cmahorror