Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Bachelor Party

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Jeremy's bachelor party and Jinger's bachelorette affair bring together friends and family after weeks of wedding planning. Meanwhile, Jessa and Ben learn the gender of baby No. 2; and Derick goes back to his alma mater, Oklahoma State University to reprise his role as the school's mascot, Pistol Pete.

How wiill Derick don his Pistol Pete costume now that a clinging succubus has absorbed itself onto his body?

Whats the definition of a Fundy stag or hen event?  We know it will be boring...that's almost guaranteed. I don't see how much different it will be from their other boring gatherings.

• Love 3

Cathy posted  pics of the Pistol Pete parade. It was a reunion of all former PPs during homecoming. You could see a TLC cameraman on the float in one shot. 

eta: I bet that Baby Seewald's sex isn't divulged during the episode. 20 weeks ago, they didn't know if the baby would be born when the episode aired, and they were hell-bent on keeping his (we know now, ha!) sex under wraps.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ariel said:

Where was he born  - at home, in a hospital,  on a toilet, or in a manger?

Whatever gets them higher ratings for TeeVee will determine where he was born ....put him in a stiff plaid shirt and khakis as post him in toilet, in hospital clothes, brown towel or dooovette, or a manger....see which gets the most attention...

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
I need new glasses
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

He's here and a boy.

@AbsolomNoted in the post above yours. :) 

My contention is that they won't reveal on the episode, because they didn't know when the baby would be born vs. the episode airing. I bet they were hoping he wouldn't make an appearance until after the airdate to heighten suspense.

@ariel Baby is being talked about on the Seewald thread. People gave no information beyond sex and stats.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Arwen's post snuck in as I finger type, so I had to add Absolom.

So tonight we're seeing a jinder reveal for a baby that we already know is a boy, because it was born today; followed by a Bachelorette party for a wedding that took place four months ago. Just quit now, Duggars. It can't possibly get any worse. 

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So tonight we're seeing a jinder reveal for a baby that we already know is a boy, because it was born today; followed by a Bachelorette party for a wedding that took place four months ago. Just quit now, Duggars. It can't possibly get any worse. 

Even the shark has jumped the shark..

• Love 9

Y'know, we might get a picture or short video of the baby during a commerical break tonight, but I am absolutely, 100% positive that they'll drag out the name until next week, with People announcing Joy's engagement in the morning. 

• Love 1

Joy Anna is brain dead

Jill is equally brain dead

Jinger hmmm I think she might have a brain

Jana most deff has a brain

Jessa is the brains behind everything. Sheesh, I can't believe how incredibly stooopid Joy and Jill are. I think in this season of life they both have lost more braincells than all of their siblings combined.

Annnddd Jeremy has to lose those awful Polo brand shirts that are way too tight and look silly with the buttons buttoned up all the way. Does he think he will be defrauding us if he unbuttoned his top!? Would be be a manhussy if he did!? 

• Love 7
Just now, Fostersmom said:

Can Jana get hooked up with Luis? Please? He's adorable!

Luis is married, and when they visited his house last summer, his wife was hugely pregnant with another little one (or two?) running around. 

Luis reminds me of an Hispanic JP Rosenbaum from The Bachelor.

An Escape room is not at all something I'd ever care to do. 

Jill looks so frumpy.

These 'eyes' Jinger gives Jeremy. Why? Who told her that's a good look?

'My and Jingers' can't be grammatically correct, right?

21 strokes? lol!! Ben you made me laugh tonight. 

I would LOVE the jewelry-making party!

Any Phish fans on here? Jinger's dress reminded me of the blue and orange donut dress one of them wears. I forget who.

Spurgeon could model for Baby Gap.

Oh my god how cute to be father/son Pistol Petes. I liked Derick for one minute tonight. What a sweet bond though his dad never knew. Bittersweet for sure.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4

They just show how horribly isolated these people really are, even after being shined up all pretty to look like "normal" people. Even BEN, who has been to a real college (even brick and mortar for a semester) didn't know what homecoming was. How pathetic. Ben was even at the school during FOOTBALL season. I would think even a community college in the South would have at least a homecoming game, if not all the other festivities. Sheesh. 

• Love 4

I think Derick miscounted at golf. We saw all kinds of wild shots, yet he claimed a 9 on the hole Ben shot 21. Then he made 5 on another hole, hmmm, that is either beginners luck or he took a few mulligans. 

And did anyone believe Jilly when she claimed her father told them they could go to college if they wanted to? She really is very dumb acting.

• Love 2

So Jinger tells us she was "thinkinK" among other pronunciation and grammatical errors.  And trying to decide what to pack for her move to Jeremey's.  You're moving Sweetie.  You take it all.  And since none of your sister's seem to wear the same clothes as you, that should be ez.  You do not take the stuff your mom calls about in 5 years or so and yells at you to come get your stuff or she is throwing it out.  

• Love 1

Jessa said "ultrasound place" not doctor's office.

Side pony does you no favors.

Ugh, Jeremy said "season of life"!

Jilly Muffin..FFS...she won't even give her own opinion about what sex Baby Seewald might be...live dangerously Jill...it's an easy question.

Jill looks like she's miserable...maybe she's already preggers and has morning sickness when this was filmed.

Jinger has the dopiest headship gaze...she looks almost as vapid as Michelle.

Took Bin 21 strokes to get his ball in the hole...yeah, I'm 12.

Joy Anna: A birdie is a medium sized bird...that flies 

Super special moment

Jeremy actually looked way more cleaned up than his friends...

• Love 7
11 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

'My and Jingers' can't be grammatically correct, right?

"Jinger's and my" is correct. I'm actually surprised to hear that a Duggar connection (Jer, I assume?) got it as close to correct as he did. I'd expect them to all be in the "Me and Jinger's" camp. (Or "Jinger and I's," come to think of it.) Congratulations, Jeremy. Unfortunately, the Duggar stupid may well be contagious, from what we've seen.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Seung Hye is so warm and gracious, with a lovely personality.  She is front-hugging Duggars who look like stone statues and engaging them in conversation.  Otherwise there would be deafening silence. 

Oh, and of course Jana has to stay home to babysit so brain-trust JoyAnna can help escape.

• Love 9

"Derrick says girl and I say whatever he says because he's always right." 

Damnit, Jill.  I had hope for you at one point.   Izzy and Cathy are darn cute together.  I'm glad he has her, no matter how I feel about her extreme beliefs.

I'd watch a show with Jeremy and his friends.  He seems halfway normal with his them.  Throw in Ben and his "I want to be cool too!" mentality and we have a solid group.  They've all got more personality than all 19 Duggar kids. 

James' wife cracking up about their labeled cups made my night.  She clearly knows what a circus she stepped into. 

James told Jeremy that marriage is about him and Jinger/not entertaining or worrying about other people.  Listen to your buddy, Jeremy.  Down with Jim Bob.  And Jessa.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 14

OK so against my better judgment I watched this episode and holy lord these people are dumb as dirt about the most basic of mainstream things.

This is why I was hoping that Cathy would rescue Jill from the madness that is Duggarville and encourage her further education. I really think Jill could've trained at a community college because she was the only one of the older girls to actually have textbooks in front of her face in the past.

Please Jeremy never move to NWA. Jinger will be fine in Laredo and it might encourage the younger kids to flee the coup as well.

• Love 4

What's wrong with sentence from Jessa: "As a personal conviction, my family doesn't drink alcohol or dance?" 

Jessa, what's the definition of "personal?" What do YOU believe? What if BEN wants to dance? What then? After all, he's the supposed headship and all (as if). Come on Jessa, DANCE if you want to! 

Just more evidence of the deep brainwashing the children of JB and Mechelle have to overcome to become anything resembling normal, functioning (beyond a TV show) members of society. 

Back to Antiques Roadshow. At the start of the commercial break, they showed a video of Jerick announcing the (old news) of the sex of their next spawn. 

Seemonkey baby name won't come until next week, likely via video as they did with Spurge. People doesn't announce non-named baby names after the fact unless you're Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, or from the House of Windsor. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I have to admit that James/Luis/Jeremy would be a pretty fun trio to hang out with. The way they laugh and joke with one another is so....normal. No wonder JD stuck out like a stuffy Grandpa amongst the groomsmen.

Jinger, no to the side pony. It's not 1988 and you're not twelve.

I think Jana was pretty slick to volunteer to watch the Spurge. It got her out of that boring ass Escape Room outing.

• Love 3

Why would they want to fake being that stupid? Their entire mission is to convince people to convert to their brand of Christianity. Dumb people don't make good evangelists. Even a snake oil salesman like Boob won't sway me. 

eta: At the jewlery party, Jessa's wearing the same blue knit shirt she wore at the Super Bowl party. No wonder that thing looked stretched to its limits yesterday. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's wrong with sentence from Jessa: "As a personal conviction, my family doesn't drink alcohol or dance?" 

I grew up around a lot of Fundies. They often talked about "strong personal convictions ", which was code for non negotiable subjects or "not even allowed to think otherwise ".

Unfortunately, its not really a "personal conviction" unless you get to actually choose this for yourself. Doesn't mean you have to go full on hedonism, or do something you don't want to do, but FFS it's not your choice until you've worked it out for yourself beyond mere brainwashing.

• Love 5

Yeah, I don't think she was even conscious of her actual wording. Since Jessa doesn't live with her family any longer, she should have said that *I* don't do these things. THAT would have made sense, because it's personal to her. Otherwise, she just sounds like a Duggarbot who hasn't changed one iota in her two-plus years of marriage. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I grew up around a lot of Fundies. They often talked about "strong personal convictions ", which was code for non negotiable subjects or "not even allowed to think otherwise ".

^^^This. I'm sure that in the Duggar Clan there are lots and lots and lots of subjects that are non-negotiable, and a whole world of things about which they are "not even allowed to think otherwise." 

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I don't think she was even conscious of her actual wording. Since Jessa doesn't live with her family any longer, she should have said that *I* don't do these things. THAT would have made sense, because it's personal to her. Otherwise, she just sounds like a Duggarbot who hasn't changed one iota in her two-plus years of marriage. 

But Jessa's so embedded in her family of origin that she may as well be living in the TTH. She can't break away, if only because of the TV show and People contracts, even if the idea occurred to her. I think the idea would make her uncomfortable, if not actually freak her out. She has more spark and personality than we've seen from her sisters - and clearly loves being a TV stah - but IMO she is a Duggarbot. 

ETA: I think she'll develop some opinions of her own as time goes by, but she may keep them to herself and she may never question the "big ticket" non-negotiable stuff that's been ingrained already.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

Oh, I understand WHY she talks that way. As I said, I don't think she even realizes she isn't separating herself from her parents and how damn hard, even under normal circumstances of being in a cult (without being on TV) that it would be to deprogram oneself. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's still mentally and emotionally living at home, even though she's married with 2 kids.  Same thing with Muffy.  Jinger may have a chance. Joy is just moving in with new parents after her wedding.

• Love 10

God, Jill's the worst. She couldn't even guess the sex of Jessa's baby because she is "always wrong?" That was just sad. I wonder if there's some emotional abuse going on in that marriage, kind of like what we have seen between Dillon and Famy on that Marriage Rehab show. I wonder if Derick talks down to her at times, and she's truly just given in/up?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I don't think there's any "pretending" needed with these morons.

Yeah, I know.  I'm just repeating what Jessa told the cameraman or whoever when he asked why they won't reveal the baby's sex.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

God, Jill's the worst. She couldn't even guess the sex of Jessa's baby because she is "always wrong?" That was just sad. I wonder if there's some emotional abuse going on in that marriage, kind of like what we have seen between Dillon and Famy on that Marriage Rehab show. I wonder if Derick talks down to her at times, and she's truly just given in/up?

She's a mess, and I think he's a mess. They've been through a lot in their few years of marriage, and I wish they could/would get some counseling from one or more actual, educated, trained counselors. (There are some of those in the Baptist/evangelical world, even if the fundie contingent scorns/ignores them.) And I can't forget that IMO, when Derick proposed he had very wrong ideas of who Jill really was*, which is hard enough on a marriage even without all the stuff they've gone through including his surgery, Joshgate, a near-disastrous childbirth, his continued health issues, and whatever happened in Central America which I believe was way worse than a broken shower rack but they (probably wisely) aren't disclosing. 

I don't like him much, and I've cringed at his SM posts which seem to show harsh and unrealistic expectations of how a toddler Iz's age should behave. I'd hate to think he was intentionally cruel to Jill, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

*I strongly believe that when he proposed to Jill, Derick assumed she had the educational background and social skills of the young women he'd grown up with in his Southern Baptist church, and attended [public] school and college with. He found out too late that she was a sheltered, isolated, barely literate, young woman who was emotionally immature, clingy, fragile, and astoundingly ignorant of almost all the things her contemporaries knew about. I wonder if the Duggar parents (and maybe some of the older kids) watched the result of the Nepal-to-Arkansas Skyped courtship, and learned from it. Because I suspect that behind the "made for TV" official short "courtship" timelines, Jinger and Jeremy were somehow allowed some time to get to know each other, and Joy and Austin have also had that. No, they didn't "date" in the usual sense, but they were/are in the same country - and the same place - a lot more than Jill and Derick were.

Edited by Jeeves
It was Nepal, not Tibet. Sorry.
  • Love 17

If you can judge someone by their friends then Jeremy blows all of these people out of the water. They were smart and funny ... I still don't get why Jeremy went sniffing for a googly-eyed virgin when he lived in the real world with cool people.

So they still don't dance - but Jess's sticks earphones on Spurge and lets him dance. I still think she's the most progressive of the bunch (yeah that's not saying much). A baby boy with long hair ... whom she actually seems to enjoy. And she's not about to roll over and play sweet. I imagine them laying in bed at night while she dictates to Bin how their lives are going to go. I wonder when/if they're going to be upgraded to a better house. All Jessa has to do is dangle something over JB's head. I think that's how she was allowed to marry a stupid but cute teenager. Your move, Jess! Don't disappoint us. 

• Love 13