Type keyword(s) to search

Stuck In The Middle - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked that the season premiere was a two parter except the fact they called it a "movie" which triggered the GMW fanbase when GMW got canned. But I'm not sure how it plays as two separate episodes as it'll be aired in repeats.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:56 PM, Court said:

My 9 year old asked me to watch this to see if it was appropriate for him and his sister to watch.

Before I knew it, I was on the 6th episode. 

Yeah it's really down to earth for a Disney show.

I'm not a big fan of the three youngest kids, so it was nice to have an episode without them. But if I was Ellie I would not be happy about what Harley did. Ellie pretended to be Harley so that Harley could do something that she really wanted to do, but then Harley ruined it by getting herself detention. So Ellie ended up taking the detention hit for nothing.

I have to say I am enjoying this season even more than the last. They tone down Daphne which has helped. I have enjoyed the different pairings i.e. Rachel with the twins/Ethan with Daphne in the without devices episode. They also have made Rachel less self centered with out changing her totally. 

It seems between this and Andi Mack, Disney is shifting their tone a little. 

• Love 1
On 5/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, Aliconehead said:

I have to say I am enjoying this season even more than the last. They tone down Daphne which has helped. I have enjoyed the different pairings i.e. Rachel with the twins/Ethan with Daphne in the without devices episode. They also have made Rachel less self centered with out changing her totally. 

It seems between this and Andi Mack, Disney is shifting their tone a little. 

A tone that GMW would've been better for too... If they had just waited a little longer they could've used this tone or been on Freeform.

(edited)

I've been watching the show with my niece. I think that it's a cute show, and most of the kids are likeabke. Though the three youngest can bug me. I do like that the parents are involved...a big improvement over the dreck that was Jessie. Although the kids seem to be the typical stereotypes you find in these shows- the vain sister, the sports star (and tomboy) , the musician, the uber smart kid, the troublemaking twins, and the bratty youngest. 

Did they really name their kid "Beast"?? I hope that's a nickname.

Edited by neuromom

Welp that was the biggest retcon in the book, makes me feel like the writers knew they were on borrowed time and wanted to tie things up in case there wasn't a season 3. Which due to DC's crazy scheduling may be the case as Andi Mack saw a surge in viewers while SITM was on the bench for pretty much no reason.

I hope they do get a third season. As I said above this season has been great. I love the Dancing with my dad episode. I appreciated that they didn't have Harley first try to get her family to quit before realizing the error of her ways. I loved the school dance episode too. 

Anyone else get a potential series finale vibe with the new episode? Like the writers knew there was a chance they might not get a third season (they got renewed 2 months ago) and wanted a nice endpoint just in case.