Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Bermuda Triangle Crisis

You know, even though he was a little bit OTT Bond-style ("International Cooperative Of the Power Elite"?????), I liked Ray Manta.  His style could have made him a decent returning villain for Diana.

• Love 2

To be fair, Charles Cioffi could make eating scenery art. He would've been a fun recurring villain.

Also, the third Queen Hippolyta in a season and a half! Don't get me wrong- I like Beatrice Straight just fine (I liked her in Poltergeist as well), but going from Chloris Leachman to Carolyn Jones to Miz. Straight was not cool. I liked Carolyn Jones because she had the regalness to seem like a Greecian queen. Beatrice Straight had the regalness in a different way, but just naming her 'The Queen' in the opening credits was weird. Maybe it was just me. It wasn't like there wasn't other royalty presented on the show.

I did like that the whole cloaked-from-Man's-World was shown to be a problem in the current time. Too bad that wasn't fleshed out a little more in the series.

Diana was a Yeoman in the 1940s, but a woman can't be part of Manta's "army"? To the extent a youngish man has forgotten what a woman looks like and Steve's funny, but weak lie is accepted?  Oh, writers from the 70s.

Still, we got to see Diana in the diving suit and how she gets back into her "normal" clothes!

• Love 2

So much to love in this episode. Joe getting flustered over the idea of Diana as a swinger... Steve "rescuing" Diana from the tree... Diana being the only woman on the island... Steve flipping out when he thought Diana had been shot... the diving suit... the underwater scenes with toys in a pool... and completely skipping the part where they got everyone off the island in 35 minutes.

I could totally write fanfic about Steve and Diana being marooned on a tropical island. (Steve has some mad skillz if he's able to build a fire AND catch dinner in the time it takes her to cut the legs off her pants.)

I always laugh when the bad guy refuses to shoot the good guy. Even when Steve was stalking towards him, Manta just wouldn't pull the trigger. For God's sake, I know he's the hero, but SHOOT HIM.

• Love 3