Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: The Flaw In The Saw

WendyCR72

The dismembered body of successful golfer-turned-lumberjack Phyllis Paul brings the squints to the Lumber Sports Regional Championships.  At this competition, Booth and Brennan discover numerous secrets that could have resulted in Phyllis’ murder, including an affair with a married rival. Meanwhile, Hodgins secretly analyzes the bacteria on the bone of a prior victim that he believes will exonerate the murderer, Zack Addy.

I'm glad Aubrey got his appetite back.  He was off his food last week when he was dealing with stuff with his dad.  It's a shame that the Flapjack guy turned out to be the killer.  Apparently, he made really good pancakes.  I loved that conversation.

Flapjack guy:  'She brought her own healthy food in those little Tupperware containers.'

Aubrey (understanding):  'Yeah, I know the type.'

• Love 1

I was actually surprised it was Flapjack Guy. I don't even bother trying to guess who the killer is on shows like this anymore because it's become a given that it's going to be the first or second person the cast interviews, in the hopes that the audience will forget who they are by the time they reveal it. Having it be the guy with an actual beef against the victim for once was a nice touch.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten who Dr. Fuentes was. If I didn't know that this was the last season I'd say "enough with bringing in the interns for an episode then going 10 without them, just pick two or three at the most and stick with them" but since it's the last obviously they aren't going to actually DO the sensible thing.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I'm so desperate for some B and B love that I rewound the part where he smirks at the word 'friction' three times.  That's pathetic y'all.   Once again an episode where they don't touch, smile or even talk nicely to each other for even a second. Oh wait, he told her that her hair looked nice. Of course, it was because he was planning to sink her. Sigh.

Plot was okay. At least it was a topic that hasn't been done to death and I was amused at Booth's fascination.  The Christine bike thing though, jeez.  Both of them are idiots.

Looks like next week may bring a touch of drama so I'm hoping for some affection.  This is pathetic....I feel like a horny teenager.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

The Christine bike thing though, jeez.  Both of them are idiots.

I kept expecting Christine to just come pedaling into a scene where Bones was explaining the physics to Booth, having figured it out all by herself...

Flapjack Guy--I was surprised to see David Koechner in a more subdued role.  Usually he is the HITG playing a very loud, boistrous and often obnoxious character  as in "Anchorman" "The Office" and now in the new show on CBS--"Superior Donuts".

Also he is a Cowboys fan on "The Goldbergs."

Season one is starting over on TNT and just highlights how humorless they have made Booth.  

Also...while David fills out a tight black t-shirt like not many can, I was irritated that he spent so much time in the office and the field not in a suit.  It was abnormal.

Also also, do guys REALLY get that excited about playing with chainsaws?  The cuteness of Fuentes's sadness aside, the reaction of both him and Hodgins was a little over the top.

• Love 1

I did not like the way Booth kept dissing Bones over science. Trying to explain to Christine how riding a bike works is taking all the fun out of it? Yeah, she looked like she'd been having a blast when she ran into the house crying and went upstairs to "self-soothe."

The way the crowd threw flapjacks at the woman who took a scientific approach to lumber jacking, the way Booth kept treating Bones with contempt because she took the scientific approach to riding a bike -- why, even Aubrey joined in and agreed with Booth that it took all the fun out of it. I kept thinking how children beg their parents to keep holding on and not let them fall when learning to ride a bike, and the parent has to know that magic moment when to let go, not just let them crash and say that's how you learn. All I can think (and hope) is that they are setting the stage for science to win the day by the end of the season to put Booth in his place. 

• Love 1

I normally like Hodges, but making Fuentes dive to the bottom of the gross liquid to find the skull he already had was terrible. Also, why was the poor man in the container at all? I swear they've had evidence mixed with liquid in dumpsters/containers before and they just drained the fluid into smaller containers and then examined the solid evidence that was left behind. I can't imagine that having someone splash around while tossing the solid evidence is a safer way to examine everything.

And while I'm asking questions, why was Fuentes so sad that Bones wouldn't let him go with her to the lumberjack competition to ask questions? If he wants to see a lumberjack competition, can't he just go on his own on his day off? It's a spectator sport; it's not like he needs a special reason to go. People can apparently even throw food at one of the competitors and not get kicked out so just find out when the next competition is, take a sick day, and watch all the chainsaw races you want. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ForReal said:

I did not like the way Booth kept dissing Bones over science. Trying to explain to Christine how riding a bike works is taking all the fun out of it? Yeah, she looked like she'd been having a blast when she ran into the house crying and went upstairs to "self-soothe."

The way the crowd threw flapjacks at the woman who took a scientific approach to lumber jacking, the way Booth kept treating Bones with contempt because she took the scientific approach to riding a bike -- why, even Aubrey joined in and agreed with Booth that it took all the fun out of it. I kept thinking how children beg their parents to keep holding on and not let them fall when learning to ride a bike, and the parent has to know that magic moment when to let go, not just let them crash and say that's how you learn. All I can think (and hope) is that they are setting the stage for science to win the day by the end of the season to put Booth in his place. 

Booth treats Bones with poorly contained disdain at all times. She treats him like a little brother she needs to educate.  They have ruined this couple. RUINED.  It's tragic, really.

• Love 5

I was just wondering, surely there is a time limit in a competition to how long you can stall before performing your skill.

In spite of the aging of this show and all that brings, I am finding I am mostly enjoying it still.

• Love 2