Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E01: Gimme Shelter / S29.E02: Skeletal Fracture

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Laurel is a mean person but I think a majority of these people are. I don't know if there's a true nice person. And even if the nice people seem to have to take themselves down and become ruthless to be winners.

There is a difference between people arguing and what Laurel does. Laurel always goes for the soft spot on people. She says things that will hurt the most while most people are calling each other big fat jerks.

People can be ruthless without being mean. When the pressure is on most people true colors come out and Laurel comes out as mean, which puts many people off.

Edited by xfuse
missed a word
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, xfuse said:

There is a difference between people arguing and what Laurel does. Laurel always goes for the soft spot on people. She says things that will hurt the most while most people are calling each other big fat jerks.

People can be ruthless without being mean. When the pressure is on most people true colors come out and Laurel comes out as mean, which puts many people off.

I agree. Laurel is mean and relentless. But I personally don't like how some of these people say or do things and then try to act as if it's all part of the game.

During his first couple of challenges for instance, Johnny when he wasn't trying to be a game show competitor for life was a nice person. But after a few challenges where he wasn't treated the greatest, he did sort of create a persona. And look, I've read many differentiated versions of what happened with him and Paula on The Island, but even before that finale he was an ass beyond anything. The way he talked about and to the women was unforgivable. And I don't know.. maybe he's different in his real life? But I really don't know. He has a house now that he said "Sarah got it for me, thanks Sarah!" So.. I mean hopefully he doesn't say that when cameras aren't on him but who knows.

All the same.. I get what you mean about laurel but I still think being ruthless ruins your good personality. The things these people do and try to act like it's part of the game is bs. Brad did become a real jerk during his winning challenge, I understand some people call it ruthless but what I remember is his refusal to ever go into an elimination round, I think even after all his other team members had. And then when one of their team members mentioned it, his wife and him would yell at said team member. So I don't think there's a difference between being ruthless and mean. When these people get ruthless they always hit where it hurts.

Are all of these kids from The Real World this time (except Shane, isn't he Road Rules?) or are there AYTO people here?  I haven't watched TRW since DC so unless I remember these fools from a prior challenge, they are all strangers to me.

And hell, some of the chyrons claim they were in other challenges and I swear I have never seen them before in my life.  And I have not missed a season.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:01 AM, shelley1234 said:

The fact that Laurel had an incredible amount of regret after the fact goes a long way with me.  Unlike someone like Bananas who I don't think has ever felt regret or said sorry for a shitty thing he did while drunk or in the heat of the moment.  

If you watched Zach's season....and any of the comments he's ever made about women, it should be no shock who he voted for, if he voted at all.  

I agree. Zach has said some incredibly hurtful and offensive things, and while has laughed and called himself a jerk, has never really shown any remorse. I'd take laurel over him any day, and I kind of loved when she was screeching at him to get off his ass while climbing the mountain during Free Agents. 

Every once in awhile Johnny is vaguely sheepish. Zach can't even manage that. 

• Love 2

When did they show CT's kid and Johnny comments about the house Sarah bought him? I must have missed it. I was shocked at the reference CT made to a kid. Is he with someone now? I admit I had a hard time staying awake for these 2 eps. I just don't like these "new" kids and found the eps very boring. I'm pretty sure that once this last crop of "old" challengers stop showing up I'll be done with this show. I don't watch the Real World anymore and have never watched Are You the One.

1 minute ago, kat165 said:

When did they show CT's kid and Johnny comments about the house Sarah bought him? I must have missed it. I was shocked at the reference CT made to a kid. Is he with someone now? I admit I had a hard time staying awake for these 2 eps. I just don't like these "new" kids and found the eps very boring. I'm pretty sure that once this last crop of "old" challengers stop showing up I'll be done with this show. I don't watch the Real World anymore and have never watched Are You the One.

I think a little after the thirty-minute mark of the second episode . . . one hour 30 minutes if you're watching the premiere in a two-hour block. They did quick profiles of all the Champions.

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion here but I really can't stand Brunos attitude.  I have no idea what circumstances led to him being homeless and "wondering where his next meal will come from"  but I have a feeling the situation he's in is entirely his fault.  He came off as lazy and entitled.  He gave up on the first challenge and blamed it on his friends.  He seems like someone who refuses to take responsibility for himself.   

Loved that Shane did so well and came in second. Sylvia bugs me. Tony can lose me with using his kids as a reason he needs to stay.  Grow up get a real job and take care of your kids.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

Unpopular opinion here but I really can't stand Brunos attitude.  I have no idea what circumstances led to him being homeless and "wondering where his next meal will come from"  but I have a feeling the situation he's in is entirely his fault.  He came off as lazy and entitled.  He gave up on the first challenge and blamed it on his friends.  He seems like someone who refuses to take responsibility for himself.   

Loved that Shane did so well and came in second. Sylvia bugs me. Tony can lose me with using his kids as a reason he needs to stay.  Grow up get a real job and take care of your kids.  

For having an unpopular opinion, I agree with everything you just said...right down to Tony using his kids as a reason he deserves to be there more than anyone else (kind of a pet peeve of mine, people using the fact they have kids as to why they deserve the money more than anyone else).

• Love 5

Wasn't Bruno dating Ashley San Diego? 

I don't like anyone. I wish the whole cast would lose. Actually no wait, I like Shane. He must feel like he's with a bunch of kids. I have no idea who Kailah is. Is she from the third Vegas season? I didn't bother with that one. Was Anthony on one of the AYTO seasons? 

I have to say that the Real World Skeletons cast was one of my most recent least favorite seasons ever - not a single person on that show was likeable. I hate Bruno, I hate Nicole, I hate Tony, I hate Sylvia. 

ETA: Tony, if you ever win, you should use your money to get a vasectomy. It's your own fault you have two kids to worry about. Cry me a river. Bruno, you can keep crying a river too. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 2

I had to visit MTV.com because I had no idea who most of the people were. I then realized that several are from Are You The One?  I've never watched it and never intend to.  But there were some bios that gave no clue to the contestant's link to MTV. Hunter, Kailah, and Nelson to name a few?

• Love 1