Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E10: Platform Power

Of all the Tyra looks, they chose the ugliest one. They could have picked the phase when Tyra had that long straight black weave. Tati could have worked that better than the orange wig. And I have to give props to Tyra. Even with some of her fashion mishaps, she still managed to look decent because of her great face. Tatiana doesn't have that to fall back on. She's pretty but only average compared to someone like Tyra. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's funny that she's interested in theater arts and dance because in their fashion video challenge Paige looked so great moving. I know the judges loved India, but Paige gave personality. As the leader of the dance group, she was sometimes cocky, dismissive, and having fun. India was just model face, model face, model face.

This icons shoot looked cheap and was poorly thought out. Some of their lady boss icons like Tyra, Beyonce, and Britney are not at all known for their personal style. Hell, even someone like Mariah is known for her ridiculous modern Mae West drag. It looks terrible, but it's her signature. Lady Gaga, Cher, Barbra, and Rhythm Nation Janet Jackson would have been better choices.

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.  I love India myself but why the hell did she get Best Video?  I don't agree with the judges on that one.  It's almost like they really, really didn't want to give it to Paige.  We can see the video ourselves.  India looked stiff and awkward moving, but she's a very goodlooking girl who takes makeup well.  Meanwhile Paige danced her butt off and even Coryanne had a sexier exit.  Paige does funny things with her face sometimes but I thought she did a great job on the video.

8 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

They said "smile." That's all I got because I did not understand this episode. 

They said "Smize".  It's something that Tyra "invented" on this show.  It means to "Smile with your eyes".  LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.  I love India myself but why the hell did she get Best Video?  I don't agree with the judges on that one.  It's almost like they really, really didn't want to give it to Paige.  We can see the video ourselves.  India looked stiff and awkward moving, but she's a very goodlooking girl who takes makeup well.  Meanwhile Paige danced her butt off and even Coryanne had a sexier exit.  Paige does funny things with her face sometimes but I thought she did a great job on the video.

They said "Smize".  It's something that Tyra "invented" on this show.  It means to "Smile with your eyes".  LOL

Sadly, that's what I thought I'd typed. LOL.  A couple weeks ago I mentioned missing that word.

• Love 1

In my eyes Tatiana has a relatively low forehead (a 3.5 head?) so I found it ironic that she was the one who had to embody Tyra.

If I never hear the phrase "LadyBoss" again it will be too soon.  It reminds me of "lady boner."  "Boss" was fine as is.  

• Love 6

LOL this photo shoot is probably one of the cheapest and most tacky looking ones in the history of ANTM. All the girls look like they are posing for Halloween costume photos rather than a fashion editorial. Tatianna's "Tyra Banks" has to rank as one of the worst ANTM photos ever, alongside Lluvy's dead fish and Keenyah's elephant from cycle 4.

That Tyra wig is hideous and should be burnt and thrown in the trash right now never to be seen again. Yikes!

Poor Paige. I think she herself was shocked by her own elimination. Hope she goes on to bigger and better things, as non-winners usually do.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1