Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LI: The Live Chat Topic

So far, so good. The Falcons are putting a hurting on the Pats, Brady looks miserable,  Bellichick looks confused and Gronk looks like a befuddled meathead confronted with simple arithmetic (no surprise there, then).

Please, let it continue like this.

Lady Gaga performing the SB halftime is as outrageous as I thought.  Did she just jump off the top of the stadium?? LMAO.....I like it though.

Goes to show how someone can mature and evolve.  No way the NFL greenlights her to perform 5 years ago.  She was as likely to have a "wadrobe malfunction" as anybody.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Like 1

I knew she could sing.   She doesn't need the schtick.   But I loved the "Hi Mom, Hi Dad" in the middle of her song.   Someone who appreciates what a big deal this is.

• Like 10

I may be speaking too soon, but really liking that she's doing it on her own. So far no passing it off to famous friends to join her.

• Like 8

It's a shame that for so long Gaga's outward tomfoolery distracted people from how talented she really is.

I thought Tony Bennett was going to introduce her but I didn't see him?

I'm liking this myself.  It's better than her Bowie "tribute," that's for sure.

• Like 4

I don't remember the last time I paid attention to a halftime show, but I couldn't look away from this one.  A seriously impressive amount of work went into that.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Artsda said:

I may be speaking too soon, but really liking that she's doing it on her own. So far no passing it off to famous friends to join her.

I was dreading Beyonce appearing during "Telephone." I mean, I love the Queen and all and she can rock a halftime show like no other, but for the love of God, can she skip it just once? Thankfully she wasn't there.

• Like 2

The girl's got stamina for sure.  I'm tired just looking at her run around. Jesus. I would love to see all the craziness behind the scenes that make a SB show go off without a hitch.

• Like 5

That was spectacular.  She's such a talent.  

Mr ebk was totally impressed by the stage craft, since that's what he does for a living.

Mojo, Tony was there for a split second with a Pepsi product before the show.

• Like 4

SHould have know this would happen when everyone was talking about Brady's legacy and when he would retire instead of the game.   Never fails.   When the focus is on after the game rather the game, that team loses.

Another Touchdown for the Falcons. It is now 28-3. Somehow, I don't think the Patriots are going to come back from this. 

Man, this is like Puppy Bowl, if you're into seeing a puppy getting outplayed and thoroughly enjoy watching that. Falcons up 28-3.

Does not suck to be Melissa McCarthy these days.

• Like 4

Okay, on the McCarthy commercial, I just recognized the voice instructing her as Joel McHale.  I think it's a take on when they did a video years ago, when she would be announcing Emmy nominees, he had done it the year before, so they did a "training day" video, which was very funny.  Same idea here. 

• Like 1

The live Snickers ad was all buildup and no payoff.

Was the VO in the Audi pay equality ad someone famous?

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure I have never seen two players get their helmets stuck together before.  

You're not supposed to take your helmet off on the field!  Offsetting penalties on Bennett and Freeney!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It's a shame that for so long Gaga's outward tomfoolery distracted people from how talented she really is.

I thought Tony Bennett was going to introduce her but I didn't see him?

I'm liking this myself.  It's better than her Bowie "tribute," that's for sure.

Tony Bennett was in a quick Pepsi ad introducing her, if you blinked you would have missed him...I thought he was actually going to be in the Stadium with her

That possession should have given Atlanta at least a field goal.  Let's hope this doesn't cost the Falcons.  Okay, how do they only have 1 time out left (clearly I've been distracted here and there)?

Halftime?  I think Gaga went for broke and killed it.  I too was worried about Queen Bey showing up especially since she's from Houston so I was relieved that she didn't.  I did tear up when she was in the crowd hugging her fans especially the one in the purple dress who was doing EVERYTHING to keep her shit together. 

As for the game...I am relieved that Atlanta is going to win this.  I don't mind the Pats, but the hard ons some people have for the team is ridiculous. .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

As for the game...I am relieved that Atlanta is going to win this.  I don't mind the Pats, but the hard ons some people have for the team is ridiculous. .

Are you trying to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing? Go outside, turn around and spit!

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I knew she could sing.   She doesn't need the schtick.   But I loved the "Hi Mom, Hi Dad" in the middle of her song.   Someone who appreciates what a big deal this is.

If you've ever read an interview with her, she always talks about her parents, and how she would be nothing without them. I'm not a fan of her music, mostly because I'm 58, but she is one fine woman!

I'm loving this game! I really hate Brady, and although I wanted the Giants to be the only team to beat them, I'm shocked at how happy I am! Belichick is having kittens, and I'm lovin' it!

• Like 2

Falcons really blew an opportunity to seal this game - had great field position and went backwards.  Matt Ryan looking like the Matt Ryan of old on that drive. 

But it seems their defense told the offense no problem, we got this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Are you trying to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing? Go outside, turn around and spit!

Brady got sacked twice on TWO separate plays.  (Note: I'm a casual football watcher, not a major fan.)  I'll take those chances! 

Yes....I was getting nervous there for a second....but Atlanta's defense came to play as well.  Thank goodness.  Matty needs to tack on another touchdown for good measure though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Brady got sacked twice on TWO separate plays.  (Note: I'm a casual football watcher, not a major fan.)  I'll take those chances! 

I'm not even a casual football watcher and when the announcer said that Brady had only come back from 21 behind three times in his career, I was like ok so the Pats are done then.

It's good to know that Joe Buck sucks just as hard at announcing football as he does baseball. Never really paid that much attention to announcers but since the Cubs' post season run I grew to hate him intensely.

• Like 6

What the holy fuckballs was that?!?!?  You have a third and one and you line up in the gun when Freeman is standing right next to you?  Jesus Christ Dan!

• Like 1

Shit.

If Atlanta hangs onto this game, the offense better buy the defense something very nice.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2