Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LI: The Live Chat Topic

Here's your Superbowl LI live chat thread about the game, the commercials, the half-time show.

This thread will open at 6:00pm EST and close by tomorrow morning. After which, you can go back to the other NFL  threads.

As always, be civil and have a great time!

I am literally bouncing up and down on the couch with excitement.    Kick off already.

If I am this tight, I can only imagine how the players feel.

I know we had Zac Brown and that guy in the pink leopard jacket but I thought the pregame had more music than that.

Get bent with your Patriots rooting, Jon Bon Jovi.  Some of us do not forget that you USED to be a Giants fan.  

I am honestly super excited to see what Gaga is going to do at halftime.

9 minutes ago, Scott said:

Admittedly, I'm one myself, but I have to wonder how much overlap there is between Hamilton fans and NFL fans.

I think Jets fans prefer West Side Story

When you're a Jet

You're a Jet all the way

From your buttfumbling QB

To your last dyin' day.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Scott said:

Admittedly, I'm one myself, but I have to wonder how much overlap there is between Hamilton fans and NFL fans.

Raises hand!  

Yay Schuyler Sisters!

• Like 1

Falcons didn't have anyone arrested in the company of a prostitute last night, so already a win over their last appearance in the SB. 

And please keep Mike Pence off my TV screen - I'd like a few hours free of that. 

• Like 8

My husband doesn't care one whit about football and so far is incensed at Scartlett Johansson in "Ghost in the Shell."

I generally do not prefer country versions of the SSB and Luke did not change that.  Loved the Schuyler Sisters though!

The Bush family is not my bag but it was nice to see the positive reception George HW and Barbara got and how well they looked considering.  Barbara looks fantastic, actually.

WTF Atlanta why are you suddenly playing off the receivers when you started so damn well?

Edited by mojoween

H & R Block having Watson do my taxes? I might as well prepare myself for an audit. Its as if H & R Block couldn't suck anymore than they already have.

Well, its 0-0 at the end of the 1st Quarter.

Edited by Magog

This morning I was wondering if once this tax season they were going to do an ad with the bow tie guy AND Jon Hamm and well, here we are.

So far these commercials all suck.

And seriously, knowing what Tom Brady eats, there is NO WAY he is going to eat his whole grain pancake off of the floor.

Although I do love all of the diversity ads even if I don't use/don't know the products.

This may come down to who wins the turnover battle.

While I expect the Pats to win, the fact that the Falcons have held them scoreless so far is pretty good.   Would not be completely shocked if they won.   (I'm out of the pool anyway, so I can be wrong this year)

Am I the only one who doesn't give a wit about the SB commercials?  I change the channel sometimes like any other game.  Lol.

Touchdown ATL!  Im happy they scored first. Hoping they can just pile it on.  The running game is working and hopefully Matty can capitalize.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Like 3

Yay TD Atlanta. That was funny the TD was already called when the ball was still at the 2 yard line though. The TD hadn't even happened yet when commentary said "TD Atlanta."

I like finally seeing a Pirates of the Caribbean commercial with Jack in it.

3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The Biebs made me laugh too.  Maybe the ads were just getting warmed up.

• Like 1

Perhaps you are right, Minneapple.  I also thought it might be a note to remind his guys about the Atlanta center playing with the broken leg - "Sweep the leg!"

"HI. I'm Justin Bieber. A number of the Giants' offensive corps decided to party with me days before their wild card game. Notice that they're not playing tonight. Still think I reformed? Yeah, me neither."

As a Mets fan, it is downright weird to root for a team from Atlanta. So far, so good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

As a Mets fan, it is downright weird to root for a team from Atlanta. So far, so good.

You can do it, @Lantern7! As a Georgian, I appreciate your rooting.

This game is very reminiscent of Tampa Bay/Oakland to me.

Has Tommy thrown a pick 6 in a SB before?

Edited by mojoween

I'm partial to calling that an "INTD." As much as I'm not a fan of Brady, I don't want him greeting Monday morning in an oil drum. He's the only Patiot that hasn't been expendable in the last fifteen years. That might change.

ETA: Maybe the Pats are saluting the Super Bowl team that got destroyed by the Bears. Funny . . . if they lose, their SB record goes to 4-4.

Just now, Bastet said:

Well, so far I am loving my one-day stint as a Falcons fan.

Yeah, I didn't think I cared who won, but I'm enjoying this far too much to be completely neutral.

• Like 3

Has Tommy thrown a pick 6 in a SB before?

I don't think he has.

I don't think a lot of people thought that the Falcons would be up 21-0 at this point in the game. Hopefully, they won't take their foot off the gas pedal.

According to Pro Football Reference, it's his first pick 6 in a playoff game.   So not even in all the other post season games he has won either.

1 minute ago, Magog said:

I don't think he has.

Twitter tells me he has not.  First time for everything!

If it were any other team the ratings would be in the tank but so many people hate the Pats they are going to hang in to see how bad it could get.

Fast 8, Fast 98, it doesn't matter, even with the loss of Paul Walker we will always be at those movies.

If you're going to shell out the money for a Super Bowl ad, this is why you want it aired in the first half.

Perhaps the companies paying for second half ads can get a partial refund.

This is reminding me of SB with Packers & Steelers - Pack went up big early, including with a pick 6.  Steelers came back and made a game of it though.

I'm like others, a week ago I would have said I didn't give a damn who won this game, but given events outside football, I am cheering for the Falcons.  They beat my team, so I hope they show themselves to be the better team tonight.  I didn't want them to come out and lay an egg against the Patriots, and spend the entire game thinking about how the Pack would have done against the Pats. 

None of the playoff games this year with the exception of Packers @ Dallas have been really great games.  The only other game that was close and down to the wire was Steelers @ Chiefs and that game won't be showing up on ESPN Classic anytime soon.   Maybe it was too much to expect the Super Bowl would be any different. 

• Like 1

I keep forgetting about Roger. I don't really want him off the hook, but the alternative seems better.

Made a mistake . . . Patriots are 4-4 now.