Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: XXX

Bort

When Anne was going to turn over the cache, didn't Max ride out there to talk to her?  I don't remember exactly what happened.  Max was in favor of turning over the last of the Urca gold to get the army off their backs. 

I feel for Max - she doesn't know that "Long John Silver" is Silver for real now, not just a boogeyman created by Billy; she remembers John Silver, guy looking for an angle and a double cross.   She knows she's not in a position of strength and was attempting a bluff that didn't work.   She has to look out for herself, especially with a psycho in charge of Nassau and no real allies.  She tried to be as loyal as she could, took her chances and unfortunately came out on the losing end.   Unlike most everyone else, she hasn't tried to screw anyone over to get revenge (that I remember); she's tried to either save herself or keep the peace.  I can't fault her for that.   I think for me it's a combo of the writing of JPK's portrayal that makes me more sympathetic to her. 

I wish I could like Eleanor; I just can't.  I think Hannah New's portrayal has a lot to do with it.   She was at her best when trying to plan a pirate merchant group, otherwise to me she comes off as expecting someone else to stand up for her and/or clean up after her. 

Billy is coming across as kind of unhinged because of his hatred of Flint.  He should listen to Madi, who makes sense and is even-tempered, but he can't get beyond how he feels about Flint; could be his undoing.

Thoughtful pirates with Teach, Jack and Anne!  Who would've thought :)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, raven said:

When Anne was going to turn over the cache, didn't Max ride out there to talk to her?  I don't remember exactly what happened.  Max was in favor of turning over the last of the Urca gold to get the army off their backs.

Yes Max met with Anne to try and get her to turn over the gold. She told Anne that the Spanish would end Nassau if the gold wasn't return. When Anne refused, Max told her Jack was being tortured and gave her word that Jack would go free if the gold was handed over.

Jack told Max that he didn't care if the Spanish ended Nassau.  He was willing to let that happen, Max wasn't.  That was why she told Anne that Jack was being tortured.

That is why I feel for Max.  Jack didn't give a fuck about Nassau, he was more concerned with his name and how he would be remembered.

• Love 2