Type keyword(s) to search

American Heroes Channel (AHC)

• Start Topic

I find myself watching this channel more and more. I find the programs interesting. It can be very Hitler heavy at times, but I enjoy the variety of topics and programs that they show. I like the Facts vs Fiction show and What History Forgot. 

This channel is what the History Channel used to be before they started showing nonstop Pickers and Pawn Stars. 

• Love 2
On 2/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, Stacey1014 said:

I find myself watching this channel more and more. I find the programs interesting. It can be very Hitler heavy at times, but I enjoy the variety of topics and programs that they show. I like the Facts vs Fiction show and What History Forgot. 

This channel is what the History Channel used to be before they started showing nonstop Pickers and Pawn Stars. 

I also watch it a lot. It used to be called The Military Channel, and I remember that when they do a really military-themed program block, such as super weapons or famous tank battles. The military-specific stuff is not my primary interest, but there's enough other programming that it's one of my go-to channels. 

I agree that it's what the History Channel used to be. And I also enjoy America: Facts vs. Fiction and What History Forgot.

Right now they are repeating episodes of American Titans. Another fascinating history mini-series.

AHC is one of those hidden gems in my cable lineup.

They're also showing the classic British series The World At War, which I remember from maybe 40 or more years ago. Still one of the best history series ever made. They're not showing episodes in sequence, but hearing the commentary from participants on all sides who are now just names in history books is fascinating, as is seeing the events from a Brit-centric point of view. Highly recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_at_War

• Love 2

I agree, The World at War was a great series, and I like seeing it again. I'm glad they were able to get the commentary from the participants. It's very poignant now that we're so many years past the war that WWII vets are fewer on the ground. 

@Hyacinth B, I love your user name. What would it take to wangle an invitation to one of your candlelight suppers? ;-)

Jeeves, that depends on your opinion of, and how careful you are with, my Royal Doulton with the hand-painted periwinkles.

And please DO bring your Master, Mister Bertram Wooster. My sister Rose would simply LOVE to make his acquaintance!

Unless he has hairy toes, of course.

Edited by Hyacinth B
  • Love 1