Type keyword(s) to search

Soft Kitty 2.0: The Cute Animal Thread

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

9493339B-1831-4132-A72E-CE777A0DEA17.thumb.jpeg.a183e31c796538cff19a070fd2c1c047.jpeg

Soooo cute!

Now, imagine 3 of those cuties lined up in a row in front of individual bowls of water.  Their little heads are trapped in a contraption that looks like little toilet seats, and those seats are lowered until the little ducks' heads are submerged, and they blow bubbles.  That was my introduction to a visiting zoologist doing research on diving ducks and the breathing response (all for the greater good of SIDS research).  The ducks were unharmed (at least, physically - I have no idea how many years of therapy they had to undergo thereafter).  But the greatest thing was that he recorded the experiment and set it to classical music.  I am ashamed to admit I laughed ... a lot.

This was back in 1980, when my zoologist SO used condoms to complete his experiment on an artificial heart lung device to use on fish.  Seriously - that was the only time I ever bought condoms!   :~)

ETA: "SCIENCE, Bitch!"

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3

I guess I’m on a water swimming theme today. BTW. The above and these photos were taken by Laurent Schwebel. A photographer who was stabbed to death in Buenos Aires by someone who wanted his camera equipment. He was outstanding. 

85C49584-C7FC-4B83-8C3C-4F4B8F282D60.thumb.jpeg.9d2e07f3787223ae84834a29b9084c70.jpeg

19A9197E-0F4E-43E6-A406-63615B7A67CB.jpeg.0746b7144f3e3347a4cae50f7e8fb9d3.jpeg

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I guess I’m on a water swimming theme today. BTW. The above and these photos were taken by Laurent Schwebel. A photographer who was stabbed to death in Buenos Aires by someone who wanted his camera equipment. He was outstanding. 

85C49584-C7FC-4B83-8C3C-4F4B8F282D60.thumb.jpeg.9d2e07f3787223ae84834a29b9084c70.jpeg

19A9197E-0F4E-43E6-A406-63615B7A67CB.jpeg.0746b7144f3e3347a4cae50f7e8fb9d3.jpeg

Incredible.  I didn't know whether to give your post a heart for the beautiful images or a sad face for the senseless murder.

• Love 5

I found this on Facebook. I've seen pandas get that pushy when it comes to food. One question: what the heck are these guys? Badgers? Beavers? Prairie Dogs? You might need to lower the volume if you're at work.

• Love 4

Figure we could all use something cute

Dog guards family's bread

Some pups make excellent guard dogs — but this 6-year-old dog named Jakey uses her skills to protect something a bit unusual.

While most dogs stand watch over the house, Jakey sets a more reasonable goal. She watches over her family's bread when they're away. “She started this four years ago when we moved to our farm,” Katrina Frank, Jakey’s mom, told The Dodo. “Every time we would leave she would hide the bread.”

In all her years as a bread guardian, Jakey has never once taken a bite. And she makes sure none of the other animals in the house do, either.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I hope y'all don't mind me sharing the sweetest picture of the two sweetest boys I've ever known.  This is the day they met each other.  Drew is the white one on the left, and Doug is the tuxie with his arm around him.  They absolutely adored each other from the moment they met, but I found out right after I adopted him that Drew had a heart condition that was going to cut his life short.  They told me he wouldn't make it to a year, and he made it to just over three, and Doug and I were grateful for every day we got with him.

Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary since he passed away.  I appreciate you letting me share.

boys.jpg

• Love 19