Type keyword(s) to search

Soft Kitty 2.0: The Cute Animal Thread

• Start Topic

One of Rula's panthers has lost weight. Shelly gave her fluids and tube fed her a little bit. Rula's kittens are still awaiting names. Chloe's kittens all got named after types of cheeses.

• Love 1

They lost Rula's other panther this morning, leaving just the tortie.  Shelly does the best she can and the kittens are all warm and safe and loved, but sometimes they're just not put together right to stay with us. 

Some cute news, it looks like Ramona's three are starting to have peepers. 

• Love 1

The new kittens finally got to meet Grandpa Mason today.  There was some puffy kittens doing that sideways "look how big I am" thing.  Shelly kept Grandpa sidetracked with a toy he seemed to like. 

• Love 5

Mama Chloe is being treated for pancreatitis, and is frequently wearing a onesie to help dry up her milk, because she needs dental surgery and treatment for kidney problems. Aura, the little one with the cleft palate was naughty yesterday. After the majority of her feeding was in, she bit the bottom 4.5 inches of the tube off. An x-ray confirmed it wasn't in a dangerous position, but she got some subQ fluids and a little squishy food. Today, the vets removed it via endoscopy. The little stinker seems to be quite proud of herself. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I hadn't checked this thread in a long time, but I'm glad I did because I'm happy to find other 'tinykittens' fans.  I've been watching the live feed of the little scamps daily and they are getting so big.  I'm happy that Aura has made it so far and hope it continues (although there was definitely a lot of 'pearl-clutching' by the video watchers when she swallowed the piece of the feeding tube).  Aura is certainly a little princess, isn't she?  Let's see, she gets hand-fed her kibble and the latest video of her on the TK Facebook page shows her being carried around zipped up in Shelly's (the woman who runs TK) jacket.  Whoever adopts her will need to be ready to cater to Princess Aura's every need!  I like that most of the people who adopt kittens/cats from this place create and maintain Facebook pages for their furbabies so that we can keep up with them long after they leave for their forever homes.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3

I've hesitated to share this opinion here. It's gnawing at me so much though and I have to get this out somewhere.

I appreciate and admire all the work the fosters do for their charges on these kitten cams. Most of  the ones I've watched these past few years since starting don't seem to ask or  expect people to purchase stuff for them daily or multiple times a week. I can see asking for help when needed here or there though especially when it's something big or urgent. There's a newer cam that started late last year which has a smaller following that makes me uncomfortable at times with all the purchases cam viewers make weekly, that the mods put up links in chat directing viewers to directions on how to purchase things to donate (usually through Amazon), send $$$ through Paypal or the Patreon thing multiple times daily. Usually the Patreon thing doesn't bother me but the way this one is set up it kinda does. I guess part of me worries because I know there are others who watch these cams that are in the mental and financial situation I am. Those who have big hearts that may not be able to resist the urge to contribute somehow when they really can't afford to. 

I know it's not my business when it comes to how others spend their money and that this probably sounds crazy. 

• Love 2

Yesterday, Ramona's 3 (Beezus, Huggins, and Ribsy) got fixed. Nakia (sole survivor of Rula) wasn't quite big enough, so she kept the others company. Today, Colby and Cheddar from Chloe got fixed, too. All are romping merrily back at "home".

• Love 2
(edited)

Aura (cleft palate) is looking great! They taught her how to drink out of one of those bottles for rabbits or hamsters, and it's working much better than a bowl or syringe. She has really caught onto eating the kibbles without choking and has eaten as many as 80 in an hour! She's catching up in size and man, has she gotten active and feisty! She was attacking Chloe and Ramona last night and having a ball.

They have 3 new kittens about 3-4 wks old. There is a property near them with the Harvie colony, that has been sold and will be developed. So they are in the process of trapping and relocating them. They found the 3 kittens without their mama, but are hoping they can get her soon and reunite them. They are all boys, named Ray, Avory, and Arthur, after a Kinks theme (Arthur is the name of an album).

http://www.tinykittens.com/harvie

Edited by riley702
  • Love 3
(edited)

Chloe just got back from her spay and dental. She had 5 teeth taken out (less than they thought), and her uterus was still bruised and swollen and her ovaries were producing follicles to send her into heat again. No more for you, sweetie! The kittens (other than Aura) are in with Grandpa Mason to protect her belly. She still looks a little stoned and is staring at a squirrel out the window. LOL

Believe it or not, they got another pregnant mama today, but don't have a livestream cam available until the current kittens are adopted. She was trapped in an auto shop, and x-rays confirm 3 or 4 kittens due in a few weeks. They've named her Princess Consuela. She looks young.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2
(edited)

The first pair of TinyKittens went home yesterday. B. Rex and Nakia were flown to the San Francisco area. Next Friday, it's Brie and Fontina's turn, but they'll head north to the Yukon.

This evening, Princess Consuela went into labor, but after over 2 hours of progressively weaker pushing, she was scooped up to go for an emergency C-section. We're still waiting for news, as they left about 45 min. ago.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2
(edited)

One quick update was that they snapped a quick x-ray and the kittens are "giant" and she could not have pushed them out herself. So, if she hadn't been found and brought in, she would be dead or dying. :( Now just waiting for how many and what colors.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2
(edited)

Consuela is doing well, and they had to spay her because her uterus was falling apart. There were 4 kittens. The two in the middle are fine, the first and last have anasarca, a major birth defect. The first was already dead, and the last is struggling and not expected to survive. Everyone staying at the hospital overnight.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 2

Bad news - Tesla, baby number 2 and a tortie girl, started going into heart failure and was euthanized early this afternoon. Bentley, a black and silver boy tabby, and Allie, a calico tabby girl, also rec'd tests and are fine.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, raven said:

I am a dog person but am an animal lover - I have an elderly dog to take care of, otherwise I might apply for this, the pictures are beautiful and damn I could use a change. 

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/wanted-someone-live-greek-island-55-cats

Let's see - out of this country, surrounded by cats, and "You'll no doubt thrive best if you are the type of person who appreciates nature and likes tranquility — and rest comfortably in your own company"?  Be right back; need to type up my resignation letter.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Let's see - out of this country, surrounded by cats, and "You'll no doubt thrive best if you are the type of person who appreciates nature and likes tranquility — and rest comfortably in your own company"?  Be right back; need to type up my resignation letter.

I can see a few of us who post here competing for this, LOL.

• Love 8
On 6/24/2018 at 8:38 AM, riley702 said:

They have 3 new kittens about 3-4 wks old. There is a property near them with the Harvie colony, that has been sold and will be developed. So they are in the process of trapping and relocating them. They found the 3 kittens without their mama, but are hoping they can get her soon and reunite them. They are all boys, named Ray, Avory, and Arthur, after a Kinks theme (Arthur is the name of an album).

http://www.tinykittens.com/harvie

The kinks lost their "cowbells" today and are doing fine. Aura got more vaccines and bit the tech hard. Naughty girl - her nickname on her FB page got changed from Auradorable to Auracuda! Seriously, she's a stinker. Still over a month to go before they can fix her cleft palate.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, raven said:

I am a dog person but am an animal lover - I have an elderly dog to take care of, otherwise I might apply for this, the pictures are beautiful and damn I could use a change. 

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/wanted-someone-live-greek-island-55-cats

cats.thumb.jpg.8ff11e2efda5c44b83eee784f70d433f.jpghouse.thumb.jpg.69b75ac4b13b8b17dd74c8ea2af26a92.jpg

Sounds like heaven to me.

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

My bags were half packed before I realized I have nobody to look after the critters here at Casa de Deplorable, and can't take most of them with me.   This is why I can't have nice things.  ;-)

• Love 6

Huggins and Ribsy have a home and will be leaving in a week or so. And so do the Kinks! All 3 Kinks are going together, as are Ribsy and Huggins! Yay!

Edited by riley702
  • Love 4

This has probably been seen by some of you. I don't usually dangle or wave toys like this around my cat if I can't see him first. Not sure if mine would attempt this though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7

Every night this week I've been the middle of a kitty sandwich. Usually the kitten-cat will come in for kitten-cat snuggle time on my chest then go sleep in his little kitten-cat blanket bed. The cat-cat will either sleep where my feet should go or between my legs. This week the kitten-cat has been curled up in the crook of my knees and the cat-cat has been on the other side. As you can imagine, this makes turning over or moving very difficult.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Every night this week I've been the middle of a kitty sandwich. Usually the kitten-cat will come in for kitten-cat snuggle time on my chest then go sleep in his little kitten-cat blanket bed. The cat-cat will either sleep where my feet should go or between my legs. This week the kitten-cat has been curled up in the crook of my knees and the cat-cat has been on the other side. As you can imagine, this makes turning over or moving very difficult.

I miss the nights of pretzel shaped immobility, when I had 5 cats sleeping in various places on & around my body (armpit kitty, crotch kitty, between-the-legs & feet kitty, side kitty, chest/choking the neck kitty ...).  le sigh.  :~/

• Love 2

These 'Tinykittens' have gotten much bigger and have been adopted (all but Aura), but I love this video of the sleeping wee ones (Cheddar loved sleeping on his back).  Love the whappy paws!

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 6

In the Pets thread, @theredhead77 recommended the new animated short Kitbull, and I must second that.  Here's an article about it, and below is the film itself.  She also recommended tissues, and I second that as well, but it's heartwarming (with a happy ending), I promise.

It's nicely done.  The way the cat is drawn in the playing scenes is spot on, and cracked me up.  There are too many things that teared me up to list, and I got so caught up in the escape scene I was muttering, "Come on, come on!" at my screen.

• Love 4
(edited)

I need to update my list of animals that I'm following. One recent discovery of mine is Tucker, a Golden Retriever who is almost a year old, and he  is unbelievably expressive. Check out his YouTube page . . . or just watch him deal with head massagers.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4

I follow Tucker on Instagram. He's one cute dog. My new buddy Norman has a bit of Tucker in him. Yesterday he (Norman) accidentally turned on the Roomba. What happened next could have easily been a scene right out of America's Funniest Home Videos. Goldens are awfully expressive and goofy.

Anyway, that's not why I'm visiting this thread. I'm here because I ran across this GIF and find it mesmerizing. 

hydrate.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I feel so sad for the loss of a cat that I never met in 'person'.  Grandpa Mason will be missed.  I'm hoping that Aura (aka 'Auracuda') will take over for him.  I know she's good at giving Wet Willies, but I'm not sure about her hair-styling skills.  

For those of you who didn't keep up with Grandpa Mason (and his kittens), there are some great videos on the tinykittens site and on their Facebook page (and on the Grandpa Mason and his kittens page as well). 

• Love 1