Type keyword(s) to search

I'm Easy: Cast Members in Music and Theater Roles

kwnyc
  • Start Topic

Many of the Madam Secretary cast (and guest stars) have extensive credentials in music and theater:

We have an Oscar winner: (Keith Carradine, Best Song, 1976, "I'm Easy"

Tony winners:

• Patina Miller, Best Actress in a Musical, Pippin
  • Bebe Neuwirth, Best/Featured Actress in a Musical: Sweet Charity, Chicago

...and many others. Here is where we can post links to articles and videos of the cast and guest stars showcasing their talents.

So what you're all saying is last year when Daisy and Nadineboth presented Tony Awards, it wasn't just CBS using their television rights to promote MS? Fascinating!

On February 22, 2017 at 7:19 PM, kwnyc said:

(Rebeck was the creator of "Glee.")

Smash, not Glee.  It is left as an exercise to the reader to determine if that's a step up or down.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scott said:

Smash, not Glee.  It is left as an exercise to the reader to determine if that's a step up or down.

snort. I still have fingers crossed for a Bombshell stage show!

• Love 1
On 3/7/2017 at 1:25 PM, kwnyc said:

Sebastian Arcelus looks good with long hair. This looks like a boot from "Wicked" about 8 years ago.

I watched this video link and thought "wowww, he has incredible chemistry" with this co-star and what a gorgeous voice she has (his voice is awesome too).  Just now read Sebastian's Wikipedia page and he is indeed MARRIED to the woman in the YouTube clip -- very nice!  And she's the one breaking his heart on Madam Secretary :(

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2017 at 5:02 PM, betsyboo said:

I still have fingers crossed for a Bombshell stage show!

There was a one night only performance back in 2015, and a full Broadway show is still in the works (more info here).

ETA: Megan Hilty, Katherine McPhee, Donna McKechnie, Will Chase, Ann Harada, Christian Borle, Jeremy Jordan, Wesley Taylor, Leslie Odom, Jr., and Brian d'Arcy James all performed.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Not quite O/T, but I had a conversation with someone at the theater festival I was at recently (which is why I missed the last 2 episodes when they were originally broadcast), and they knew Bebe Neuwirth, and we were talking about Madam Secretary, and they said: the thing about Bebe is that she puts EVERYTHING into her job. So when she's on a series, she is completely exhausted by the second or third season. 

So I wonder whether she came into it with the idea that she would have an exit arc built in if the show was a long-running one. The way they let her go, which leaves open the idea of guest appearances, says that they parted on good terms.

On ‎29‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 11:18 AM, kwnyc said:

So I wonder whether she came into it with the idea that she would have an exit arc built in if the show was a long-running one. The way they let her go, which leaves open the idea of guest appearances, says that they parted on good terms.

I don't now if she came into it with the idea but if memory serves, she said that she was grateful that CBS had been so accomodating of her request to leave the show or something along the lines.

As someone who just recently started watching the show, I feel like this has probably been mentioned but since I'm not seeing it, Sara Ramierz originated the role of Lady Of The Lake in Monty Python's "Spamalot" on Broadway, for which she won a Tony.  Such an absolutely amazing voice and incredible belt. If you've never heard it, "Diva's Lament" from the original cast album is worth a listen. 

Find Your Grail at 2005 Tony's

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, aupaircj said:

As someone who just recently started watching the show, I feel like this has probably been mentioned but since I'm not seeing it, Sara Ramierz originated the role of Lady Of The Lake in Monty Python's "Spamalot" on Broadway, for which she won a Tony.  Such an absolutely amazing voice and incredible belt. If you've never heard it, "Diva's Lament" from the original cast album is worth a listen. 

Find Your Grail at 2005 Tony's

So many reasons to ❤️❤️❤️love❤️❤️❤️!!!

Edited by shapeshifter