Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Dubai Felicia

Caroline's children have never really been featured a lot. I think it's because Caroline doesn't want to share the spotlight with them because kids will always steal the show no matter what, but they were probably already in Dubai when they were shooting this season's episode.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dhilde85 said:

Caroline's children have never really been featured a lot. I think it's because Caroline doesn't want to share the spotlight with them because kids will always steal the show no matter what, but they were probably already in Dubai when they were shooting this season's episode.

They show them leaving on a brief scene before she moves to the hotel. They were were still in town during the filming. 

• Love 1
On 2/9/2017 at 0:23 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

For me what makes Marissa so smug is her face (she has a resting smug face and then makes even smugger expressions) and the way she talks (both what she says and how she says it) and her attitude (I just get a vibe that she thinks she's so much better than everyone).

Well, the bar isn't set terribly high on this show for her to, in fact, be better than everyone.  She seems like a kind, good natured person who loves her life and her family, who behaves kindly even to people she's outgrown/distanced herself from. I'm thinking of Juliet tearing up over memories of the baby basket she gave her and asking to see it.  Did she want to? No.  But seeing Juliet so moved about it did she make a genuine gesture that of COURSE she should come and see the new baby in it? Yes.  I realize there was a snarky talking head after the fact, but I believe in the moment it was offered out of genuine kindness and regard for the bond they did share at one point.  Marissa and Caroline Fleming seem like the two people least likely to fuck you over as a friend.  Julie wouldn't intentionally, but she'd probably still tell your secrets all over town, so she'd be the friend you like but don't truly confide in.

Stanbury seemed determined (or the editors seemed determined to help her) to exit in full-blown villain style.   I hope her kids got to keep their nanny and/or whoever actually cares for them was along to help them get settled to their new reality.  

• Love 5
On 2/16/2017 at 9:40 PM, Sonoma said:

That's why I always say, I find it so sad how some people mistake manners and polite behavior as being fake. I must be the fakest fake on the planet. I have to work and socialize with quite a few people I cannot stand and yet I'm nice and gracious in our interactions because it's the polite thing to do. I'd be a terrible castmember on a reality show! I'd be the boring and fake one!

So much this!

I admire the fact that Marissa doesn't feel the need to constantly say every single thing that crosses her mind.  I have no admiration for someone like Juliet, and one day she is going to find someone who also has no manners and will tell her exactly how it is, and she will likely end up in tears.  

Even if Marissa didn't like Juliet, she realized that it was good manners to invite her over.

If I were on a reality TV show I would be boring and fake, but I'd give great talking heads.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, kassa said:

Kindness being "fake" seems to have developed alongside the peculiar notion that being horrifically rude and nasty = being "real."  

Never was anything truer said about these type of reality shows.  

• Love 4

I actually never felt that Marissa was sincere; she always came off as smug and a social climber. I wholeheartedly agree that being "real", aka an asshole, is what these reality shows brought about. It's annoying and stupid. But, I don't think that Marissa is kind at all.

• Love 6
On 2/23/2017 at 6:15 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

I actually never felt that Marissa was sincere; she always came off as smug and a social climber. I wholeheartedly agree that being "real", aka an asshole, is what these reality shows brought about. It's annoying and stupid. But, I don't think that Marissa is kind at all.

Marissa always struck me as a social climber. 

I don't think anyone has to act like an asshole to be considered "real." There are genuinely kind people who exist. I agree the reality show version of realness is obnoxious.

All that said, I don't necessarily believe that Marissa is a genuinely nice person all the time. She comes across as smug quite often. I'd rather deal with an asshole than a phony person who's smug. YMMV.

For what it's worth, every one of these Ladies has a thing or two that's annoying about her. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 4