Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Dubai Felicia

Marissa makes a decision about the future; Caroline Fleming gets news about her cookbook; Sophie decides to tell her children about her separation; the women gather at a goodbye party for Caroline Stanbury to give her a royal sendoff.

Now that Caroline's shipped off to Dubai, can Luke finally take his rightful place on the throne? Instead of another season, how about a spinoff with Luke and Adela opening their own makeup parlour...

Edited by rho
  • Love 16

Caroline Stanbury's happiness seems to be derived solely from material things. Also, the way she treated the "butlers" at the hotel made me cringe. 

I wish Andy would do a reunion with these ladies. 

Edited by chipsnsalsa
  • Love 19

OMG Julie - of course she's going to miss her daughter Emma, but she makes it all about her.  I felt badly for Emma having to listen to all the whining about how hard it's going to be for Julie.  But then, we must all remember that Julie is a HSP!!  Perhaps it'll be wonderful for Emma to not be so depended on by her very needy mother.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, chipsnsalsa said:

Caroline Stanbury's happiness seems to be derived solely from material things. Also, the way she treated the "butlers" at the hotel made me cringe. 

I feel like Stan & the butler were putting on a tongue in cheek act 

I will miss this show 

• Love 4

Seriously, how much was Caroline paying Juliet today be so "loyal."  Ugh

I'm shocked Luke wasn't being forced to relocate to Dubai as well.

I'm not sure why Marissa felt obligated to move to California for her husband.  Hadn't she physically been through enough to warrant   A pass on another big life change?

I get Julie being sad about Emma leaving.  Her husband is in the country full time and she's in the city with the kids.  The women she had confided in turned on her, I'm sure she feels lonely.

Sophie has a tough road ahead, it sounded like she and the kids have had to move because of the divorce.  That's got to be unsettling.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

Adela calling Juliet "the poisonous dwarf in polyester" was the best line of the night!  Juliet can be so tone deaf - she must show that she's the most loyal person of everyone!  

After every episode, I go to Juliet's twitter in hopes that people are dragging this stupid ill mannered try-hard wannabe across the Internet. Nothing about Stanbury suggests that she is incapable of standing up for herself. The fact that Juliet finds it necessary to go in on the attack against anyone who is the least bit critical of Stanbury shows how sad, pathetic, and ultimately inconsequential Juliet and her "accomplishments" are. If Juliet was secure on her own, she wouldn't be nipping at Stanbury's Loubs and stanning like a lunatic in ways that even Luke and Rania are unwilling to do. I can't even with this woman anymore.

Ugh, Julie. Even when I'm on her side, she annoys me. Though, I appreciated her holding Sophie's loose lips to the fire. 

• Love 12

Julie is a mystery to me, she seems like such a beta personality to the point where I think Carolyn S. is crazy to think that she somehow wants to be queen bee and has been molding herself after Carolyn S.  But then the minute CS said "who is going to take my place" Julie actually raised.her.hand.  Like huh?  Maybe CS isn't crazy after all.

While I think blame should lay with CS for talking shit about her "friends," I do think Sophie went around spilling her business.  She should have owned it instead of getting upset with Adele.  Although, were I Adele, I would be more upset that CS said that I valued money over my children than that Sophie told me that.  To me, saying that about your friend shows a lack of loyalty.

Juliet is never not the very worst.  For one, what the hell was she wearing to that dinner?  Did she dress jack Snow White?  Why would anyone ever take her seriously in the world of fashion when she stays looking terrible?

Oh, and newsflash Juliet, CS probably doesn't even like you, but tolerates you because you'll kiss her ass.  You can tell the person CS will miss the most is Luke.  Which is fine, because I've really grown to like Luke and I wish he could be on the show in a bigger way.  I almost felt bad for Sophie since she thought CS was crying over her and she was only crying over losing Luke.

I would literally laugh out loud if Julie somehow "took over" Luke, I think that would be the biggest body blow for CS.

But Juliet is such a toxic person all the way around.  I guess that makes her a pretty effective villain, but yuck....who was even talking to her?  I'm guessing she is upset that her friend is going to go on to a fabulous life and Juliet is going to be stuck in London without any friends because she has burned so many bridges.

I'm glad that Sophie and Adele made up...I'll never understand how CS managed to get out of everything scot free and can scold people about loyalty when she shit talks her friends and family behind their back.  But both women are going through a difficult time and will need to lean on each other.

I wonder why we didn't get a follow up from Marissa?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, chipsnsalsa said:

It just seemed very low class to me.  Treating servants well seems is something that exudes class to me.  You don't need to prove you are better than they are by bossing them around and being a wang, if you have money and servants you should be secure enough to treat them with kindness and not lord it over them.

It all read a little noveau riche to me.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I wonder why we didn't get a follow up from Marissa?

Didn't we? I thought there was a video of her and her kids making s'mores at the beach. I don't think we saw a follow up for Adela though. Which kind of makes me worried for her. 

• Love 5

Kudos to the person who came up with the title "Dubai Felicia." A+ job there.

Everything about Juliet was ridiculous. Releasing those balloons into the trees looked dumb and was terrible for the environment. Her dinner dress looked like she crossed Laura Ingalls Wilder with Jessie from Toy Story. And of course she had to assert herself as Caroline's most loyal ass kisser. She's so incredibly obnoxious but that's supposed to be okay because she likes who she is. I will be happy if I never see her on my TV again.

Everyone else seemed to end up in a good place, which I'm glad for. Except for Juliet, I've enjoyed watching these women and hope they're able to live happy, successful lives. 

• Love 11

I also thought Juliet's dress looked like Jessie's from Toy Story. Gregor was correct, it would've been better if she'd had a 'K' balloon as well. Or no helium balloons at all, as they're so bad for the environment. 

Julie has looked much better this season. 

I'm surprised Caroline's house in Dubai was built so quickly. My friend has lived there and it usually takes forever. 

• Love 1

Juliette makes Caroline S. feel superior. If she hung around me, I too would feel superior in comparison.  It's kind of like the pretty girl in high school making sure that none of the other girls are prettier.  Compared to Juliette, Caroline has exquisite taste, manners, etc...

• Love 8

Was Adela considered more of a "friend" of the ladies like Sophie last season?  I wondered if that was why there was no recap of her at the end.

With Caroline and Marissa gone from London, I do wonder if the series will continue.  Once Marissa had the baby her story took a back seat the rest of the season and I don't care if we see Caroline again but Juliet is in no position to play "villain."  Caroline Fleming overall seemed done with the series, she didn't want part of any of the gossip and basically said she didn't feel close to any of the women.  I think she was doing it simply to showcase herself, family and any interesting business ventures that might come her way.

I can see Julie and Sophie wanting to come back.  But you'd need practically an entire new cast.

• Love 3

I suspect we'll see the entire cast. Saw something online with Marrissa and she said Dubai will likely be too hot in the summer for Caroline and she also plans to summer in London/Europe. I really, really hope Adela becomes full-time next season and apparently she could use the money,so there's that. Caroline Fleming is perfection and I adoooore her wardrobe! Juliet is a pill and while I wouldn't miss her, it would be a bit of a shame to not hear from Georgina again.

Like someone else noted, I really think that Caroline and the butler were having us on. Case in point, the monogrammed pillows and towels. She was leaving that night and they were totally joking. I also think she's a lot more sensitive than she lets on and as she indicated when the father got sick, if she let some of those strong feelings show she'd be in floods of tears, so she holds it in and gives us snark instead. That, in turn, makes for more entertaining TV. I like her and hope she'll be back.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Was Adela considered more of a "friend" of the ladies like Sophie last season?  I wondered if that was why there was no recap of her at the end.

With Caroline and Marissa gone from London, I do wonder if the series will continue.  Once Marissa had the baby her story took a back seat the rest of the season and I don't care if we see Caroline again but Juliet is in no position to play "villain."  Caroline Fleming overall seemed done with the series, she didn't want part of any of the gossip and basically said she didn't feel close to any of the women.  I think she was doing it simply to showcase herself, family and any interesting business ventures that might come her way.

I can see Julie and Sophie wanting to come back.  But you'd need practically an entire new cast.

Adela was definitely more of a "friend of" as far as I could tell.

I think C.F. would do it for the reasons you mentioned.  Her country has 5 million people...the U.S. and the U.K. have far bigger audiences.  So if she can pimp her cookbooks to a wider audience, why not?

I can't stand Juliet, so she is a good villain, because she seems to naturally be a shitty person.  No put on.  It's who she is and she thinks it's great.  Unless they got Noelle back.  Noelle would be a good villain.

I want more luke.  But I can't handle too much julie.  And I wouldn't want her as queen bee or whatever.  Why dont they bring back thirsty caprice?  Or even Annabelle.  I was one of the 5 people that actually liked her :)

• Love 1

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when/if Caroline tried to convince her husband that they need to hire Luke /Mr Makeup as an employee in Dubai...

Julie is rightfully sad that her daughter is off on an adventure and then University, but it is unhealthy to rely on her child for so much emotional support. 

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Juliet is silly.  I don't get all the hatred of her though.  She was right when she said Julie was full of shit, because she is.  I can't stand her or rat faced fugly Marissia.

I can't stand weepy Julie and smug Marissa either.  I don't mind Juliet and I mostly like Caroline S.  Caroline F. just seems like she's putting on a special snowflake act to me, so I don't like her, but I don't actively hate her.  I might like Sophie and Adela, but haven't decided yet.

I nearly fell over when Julie raised her hand and said me when Caroline S. asked who was going to replace her as queen bee.  Julie can't handle checking the weather without crying, she doesn't have what it takes to be queen bee.  

• Love 2

I adore Caroline Fleming. She has a light, carefree way about her. Look at her face! She's a doll.  That coffee that she made for her guest looked good.  I need to get a Nespresso.  I hope she returns for more seasons.

FLDFBKC.png

I think Stanbury, that old battle axe, will be back if the show returns.  If they film another season it would probably be this summer and as others have pointed out, it gets intolerably hot in Dubai then.  The only one I could see fully walking away right now would be Marissa.

Juliet is vile.  Do any of the other women even like her?  She's insulted all of them at this point and never apologized.  I wonder how she's coping in the real world after she lost her job as Stanbury's sphincter?

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Adela calling Juliet "the poisonous dwarf in polyester" was the best line of the night!  Juliet can be so tone deaf - she must show that she's the most loyal person of everyone!  

Ha ha I know!  But I have to give Juliet of all people the second best line of "You're choking from all the BS in your mouth" or something like that :)

• Love 3

Julie is rightfully sad that her daughter is off on an adventure and then University, but it is unhealthy to rely on her child for so much emotional support. 

Julie's scene with her daughter made me cringe. Of course everyone loves having a happy child around, but the focus was all on Julie's sadness. I did not hear her encouraging her daughter to go out and have a blast and take advantage of the opportunity. No, it was all "I'm sad." I do feel bad for her daughter ... I felt that "don't leave me" pressure from my mom a lot growing up and you never shake it. Not a good thing to do to a kid.

Geez, I am happy for Caroline Fleming but I don't know if a Danish cookbook is going to make enough cash to send money back to Denmark. It's not going to be Gone Girl or Girl on a Train money. That being said, I hope it's not all fish recipes, because I want to buy it but actually find some good recipes to make.

Poor Sophie. Her ex-hubby seems so checked out. And she's a little bit of a liar about the stuff she says about other people to other people, it seems. Just saying. And the story of her little boy crying over daddy moving out was heartbreaking. But, still, love her on this show.

Juliet. Bravo made me laugh out loud when they interspersed her talking heads with that 100 balloon fashion shoot fail. But what was with her telling Julie that they were there to perform an exorcism on her? That was creepy and she looked quite evil. As for her blog/instagram, whenever I look at it I think it's such vanity, standing around taking pictures of herself. Is this the world we live in now?????

Adela was a great addition to the cast; I won't miss Marissa (and hope she doesn't end up on another one of these CA Housewives franchises).

Caroline S. has a heart! She showed it tonight! She was actually sad about leaving, but she'll be back. And I don't think she was unnecessarily bossing that butler guy around .... he comes with the penthouse and she's probably paying a pretty price for him. But her wicked queen look was perfect; she knows what makes a good visual. And I consider her only based in Dubai as opposed to living there because I look at her instagram a lot and she seems to be always traveling anyway (now her instagram is one I love looking at).

Sad that the season is over and so short at that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I adore Caroline Fleming. She has a light, carefree way about her. Look at her face! She's a doll.  That coffee that she made for her guest looked good.  I need to get a Nespresso.  I hope she returns for more seasons.

FLDFBKC.png

I think Stanbury, that old battle axe, will be back if the show returns.  If they film another season it would probably be this summer and as others have pointed out, it gets intolerably hot in Dubai then.  The only one I could see fully walking away right now would be Marissa.

Juliet is vile.  Do any of the other women even like her?  She's insulted all of them at this point and never apologized.  I wonder how she's coping in the real world after she lost her job as Stanbury's sphincter?

I loooooove Caroline Fleming. I think she is absolutely delightful. Most people would get a little miffed by the way some of the women were reacting to the flower crowns and dancing around the pole. And Juliet was so obnoxious about one of the dishes CF had served. But CF was still so gracious and lovely. I am curious to learn more about her marriage--I just can't think ill of her.  

Love your sphincter comment, Lila!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9
On February 7, 2017 at 10:56 PM, whydoievencare said:

If Adela had said that to my face, I would have told her that at least I didn't choose money over my kids.  

I don't get the Adela love.  She's in recovery, sure and that's a great thing.  But her tears over her kids piss me off because it's like she's making her children's decision all about her.  She was in the disease when her children were young and right now they don't want to be with her.  That can change in the future, maybe Adela should focus on recovery instead of being on this show.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

If Adela had said that to my face, I would have told her that at least I didn't choose money over my kids.  

I don't get the Adela love.  She's in recovery, sure and that's a great thing.  But her tears over her kids piss me off because it's like she's making her children's decision all about her.  She was in the disease when her children were young and right now they don't want to be with her.  That can change in the future, maybe Adela should focus on recovery instead of being on this show.

Not getting the Adela love either

After hearing her back story, including choosing to stay with her rich 2nd husband even though he didn't want her kids around, why on earth would you be in a reality show & subject your kids to having to deal with the viewing audience knowing all this.

I'm guessing she needs the paycheck for all her legal bills & Stan got her in the show to help her out.

But man, this is not the way to try & ingratiate your way back to your kids' life

• Love 9

I would like to point out that Caroline S was the only person who said Marissa was spreading the rumor all over London that she was leaving for Dubai because of her failed business while Marissa was on well documented bed rest. When Caroline F amd Juliet raised the topic she immediately said that didn't make any sense. She also shot it down to Caroline S. face to face  and said she never said it and asked who said that she said it and Caroline S. was silent, even Luke who said "ladies" never accused Marissa,if you can't get Luke or Juliet two people whose lips are permanently attached to Stanbury's ass to say that Marissa said it to them then she wasn't the one spreading it around town. She might have listened but when CF and Juliet initiated the gossip the most she said was that she had heard it and repeated that it didn't make any sense. Meanwhile, Caroline S stated that they were moving solely because of the closing of Bijou as if it was a secret, despite they still have other UK (and two or three international Bijou) ventures and Matt was completely open about the fact that he wanted a change because of the high profile failure. 

I missed first season so I fail to see what makes Stanbury so awesome or Marissa so crazy smug. I have seen multiple eps that made me hate Juliet the most recent when she called Adele out at dinner when she was revealing she attempted suicide. I am not even an Adele fan and  at least the clips we were shown back up Sophie saying that she said  Caroline said shitty things about her but not specifics. Plus she has the most amazing hair. YouTube it it's not extensions and she was absolutely delighted to be told she had Texas hair by fans once she Googled it and found what it meant!

• Love 8

I enjoy all the Ladies to some degree but it's definitely situational.  Adela may have had a horrific back story, but she was lovely to watch this season, she seems like a kind person.  Juliet seems to be wonderful with her immediate family - and her little girl is delightful - but she's kind of a train wreck with everyone other than Caroline S. (who was mostly a huge bitch all season) and at times seems very provincial.  I like Sophie, but she has to stop with the Run Tell Dat.  Marissa can definitely be smug but I like her anyway.  Caroline F. - so over the top all the time - but it's her thing and it's kind of funny.  All the husbands seem quite nice - loving husbands and fathers (well, haven't seen much of Luke).  Julie -  I did her enjoy her trying to pin Sophie down about her conversation with Adela - but mostly I find her to be so needy and I don't like that.  I hope the show comes back for another season.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I missed first season so I fail to see what makes Stanbury so awesome or Marissa so crazy smug. I have seen multiple eps that made me hate Juliet the most recent when she called Adele out at dinner when she was revealing she attempted suicide. I am not even an Adele fan and  at least the clips we were shown back up Sophie saying that she said  Caroline said shitty things about her but not specifics. Plus she has the most amazing hair. YouTube it it's not extensions and she was absolutely delighted to be told she had Texas hair by fans once she Googled it and found what it meant!

For me what makes Marissa so smug is her face (she has a resting smug face and then makes even smugger expressions) and the way she talks (both what she says and how she says it) and her attitude (I just get a vibe that she thinks she's so much better than everyone).

• Love 3

@biakbiak Stanbury was much more palatable in season 1 because she was a great counterpoint to Caprice, Noelle, and Annabelle. Caprice was unbelievably self-absorbed. Noelle was a ridiculous gold-digger whose insane accent makes Dorit Kemsley's seem normal. And Annabelle was a ridiculously rude snob who couldn't stop talking about Alexander McQueen. I always think of how awful Annabelle was at the 4th of July party where they bullied Juliet into singing the national anthem and then Annabelle made fun of Juliet's singing.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Jezebel97 said:

Not getting the Adela love either

After hearing her back story, including choosing to stay with her rich 2nd husband even though he didn't want her kids around, why on earth would you be in a reality show & subject your kids to having to deal with the viewing audience knowing all this.

I'm guessing she needs the paycheck for all her legal bills & Stan got her in the show to help her out.

But man, this is not the way to try & ingratiate your way back to your kids' life

I know that Adela's kids hated her 2nd husband, but where did you hear that he didn't want them around?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

You seem to accept Caroline'S accusation as a fact. Adela's denies it and we don't know the whole truth. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, AliceGoodDay said:

I know that Adela's kids hated her 2nd husband, but where did you hear that he didn't want them around?

Adela said so on her talking head during their argument at the Midsummer's event

• Love 2

What the heck was with the ants in Julie's dress?  How long were they there?  Were they there when she got dressed? Surely she'd have noticed them.  Maybe she was standing on an ant hill while waiting for the cab. There seemed to be a lot of them.  And then she shook them off her dress IN the cab!  

I felt so bad for her daughter.  She couldn't be happy for her and the incredible experience she was about to embark on, she had to lay guilt on her about how much she'd miss her and how will she possibly cope... If I were her daughter I'd have heaved a big sigh of relief once Julie drove off.

20 hours ago, princelina said:

Ha ha I know!  But I have to give Juliet of all people the second best line of "You're choking from all the BS in your mouth" or something like that :)

and when she told CS that she would just get "amazinger"

• Love 5

I don't understand the piling on of Julie regarding her reaction to her daughter leaving.  Isn't she the first of Julie's children to go?  At the very least, she's Julie's only daughter.  I would far prefer Julie as a mother than someone like Stanbury.  Yet again, I forgot Stanbury had a daughter.  Her follow up video only showed the two boys.  I imagine that if Stanbury had caught a shot of the missing child on video, she would have said something like, "Oh!  You're still here?".  What's the story of the mystery daughter?

And Stanbury needing a vacation from her children and husband?  Give me a break.  She just doesn't want to spend the time with them.  Why should she help her children with the culture shock and fear/anxiety they may be feeling when the nanny could?  And I thought they were moving so she could see her husband more.  More likely she couldn't bear to be parted from her paid BFF.

• Love 6
On 2/8/2017 at 3:27 PM, scenicbyway said:

With Caroline and Marissa gone from London, I do wonder if the series will continue. 

Caroline S has already said she will be back in the summer because it is too hot in Dubai. On WWHL Marissa said she would spend next summer in London. So the show will go on. These ladies have let fame go to their heads so they will do whatever they have to to stay on the show.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

For me what makes Marissa so smug is her face (she has a resting smug face and then makes even smugger expressions) and the way she talks (both what she says and how she says it) and her attitude (I just get a vibe that she thinks she's so much better than everyone).

I don't see it. To me, she looks like someone who doesn't want to engage in the back and forth because she has more important things going on in her life. At least she doesn't looked as checked out/bored as Annabelle last season (I love Annabelle, BTW, and loved that about her). Transport me in there and my attitude would be somewhere between A's and M's.   

19 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They've shown her daughter on camera. We saw a shopping trip with Stanbury and Yasmine this season.

Not exactly. We saw pictures of her daughter on a trip with Cem. Otherwise I don't think we saw her daughter this season. Which I commend Caroline for! Kids are in no place to say if they want to be in the show, so just having them in the background is fine by me. I still love Georgina, so my morals are a bit loose.

I love the 'mad dwarf in polyester' because 1) it perfectly sums up Juliet, 2) with her fashion ambitions, why is she always so badly dressed while all around her are immaculate? Can she LOOK around her, OBSERVE and LEARN, instead of sticking to her failed choices? I did like the montage of Caroline coaching Juliet, because obviously Juliet heard it all as "blablabla... I like you enough [to give you 5 min of my time], blablabla" and didn't follow on any of the (good) advice. 

• Love 5

What a boring episode. The dinner scene was probably the most ‘exciting’ and that was only what, 10 minutes long. It should have ended with Stanbury yelling “Off with their heads!” or revealing a pool of sharks swimming around them. Anything would have been more exciting.

I like Adela because she reminds me of that one friend who is a bit of a mess and doesn't make the best decisions, but they have your back no matter what and are totally fun to be around. Whenever you go out together, you know you're going to have a fun time and will have stories to tell the next day. She's the one that you know will bring you back up again if you're going through a crappy time or had a bad day. 

I want to have a Nespresso with Fleming!

This will probably come back to bite me, but I sort of enjoyed Juliet. During the photo shoot, she seemed normal and even self-conscious. Being around Caroline brings out the snark in her and she wants to appease her. 

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Poor Sophie. Her ex-hubby seems so checked out. And she's a little bit of a liar about the stuff she says about other people to other people, it seems. Just saying. And the story of her little boy crying over daddy moving out was heartbreaking. But, still, love her on this show.

All of the above.  Also, omg how hot is her ex?  (just looks-wise...)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Not exactly. We saw pictures of her daughter on a trip with Cem. Otherwise I don't think we saw her daughter this season. Which I commend Caroline for! Kids are in no place to say if they want to be in the show, so just having them in the background is fine by me. I still love Georgina, so my morals are a bit loose.

No, the poster you are correcting was correct.  Caroline and Yasmine were shown shopping together in a quick cut.  I think Yasmine was talking about buying rainbow things or something equally silly to tease her mom.

• Love 3