Type keyword(s) to search

Cold Justice Back!

20 hours ago, KHenry14 said:

It would be perfect. And that's a network that needs new programming

I agree. Revamp this show with the same premise. Add to ID...you have a winner. It would fit perfect with the show The Detective's Club, part of the new line up this year.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've been trying to find out what Kelly is doing.  No doubt she is livid about the outcome.  So, does that mean that her perfect 100% guilty conviction record is altered?

The only thing that I can find is a link that the show was cancelled.  

Not only is her perfect record blemished, so is her reputation.  No doubt ALL her cases are being picked apart by the sharks who smell blood in the water.  She must be SOOO pissed, and that makes me just a little glad.  :-)

• Love 3

If they are picking apart her cases for good reason, then I say great.  Going after guilty parties is admirable, but, if there are other innocent people that were given the Kelly treatment without adequate cause, it should be discovered and corrected.  Of course, it's difficult to fix it when an innocent person has been in a prison cell for 15 years. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that any network picked them up given all the scandal and headaches. It will be interesting to see how the show changes in light of the prosecutorial misconduct scandals against Kelly, the lawsuits against the show (and  their previous network) and now a new network overlord. 

• Love 3

So am I. I mean I'd really like the show to come back. I really loved the show. Watching them solving cold cases and bringing their experience and resources  that small towns just don't have. Or in the spin off money to run all those rape kits. But not with the misconduct scandals and lawsuits. Or someone innocent accused. Maybe if they had a new lawyer instead of Kelly. But if with that I'd still be wondering if come up with a suspect if that was true or not.

• Love 2

I'm not surprised to see it back.

I'm not surprised it's on another network.

I AM surprised that Oxygen's OK with Kelly.  After everything with the David Tennant case, I'd think she'd be considered to be "radioactive" in terms of TV.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, benteen said:

Was the guy's name actually David Tennant?

I'm glad the show is back but I admit to be surprised considering the liability issues that have arose from this show.

His name is David Temple.  A Special Prosecutor has been appointed to determine if he should be retried.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, Mrs. P. said:

His name is David Temple.  A Special Prosecutor has been appointed to determine if he should be retried.

You're right.  You know you watch a lot of crime shows when you begin to mess up people's names.  LOL!   His name is indeed David Temple. 

Must have had Broachchurch on my mind for some reason.  Not sure why.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was truly shocked to see this show return.  Based on what what I saw MYSELF from Kelly regarding the David Temple murder case, I would not trust her at all.

It wasn't just that she messed up, but, she acted in a way that was outrageous and NOT in a way that affords us justice.  I have real concerns about her judgment and ethics. She was obviously lying on camera and she has such poor judgment that she didn't realize how that tv interview hurt, not helped her.

It hurts to see this happen to a person, too.  I was a huge fan of her and the show.  I won't be watching it anymore though.  For those who are appearing on camera with her and trying to prosecute cases.....man, they are pretty bold.  To me, it would be a very negative thing to have her involved with your case.  I wouldn't want her to taint my case. Thanks, but no thanks.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have never watched anything with Kelly Siegler for more than a few minutes, for a very shallow reason - I can't stand listening to her Texas twang, it grates on my ears to the point that I want to shove my fist through the TV.

I watch lots of other Oxygen true-crime stuff, so of course I endlessly see the trailers for her new season of Cold Justice, which are extremely off-putting.  Her haggard face staring at the camera while she croaks "we have to solve this case" just bugs the crap out of me - it seems so "look-at-me-I-care-so-much-I-haven't-slept-for-days-I-tell-you."  Bullshit.  Knowing her dirty past as a prosecutor, methinks she's back with this program more to redeem her reputation than anything else.

I know, I know, major cynicism going on here.  Maybe I'm wrong.  But even so, I won't be watching. 

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 1

Looks like Yolanda is no longer on the show. JohnnyBonds is back as well as Steve Spingola, but there are two new detectives joining the team. No forensic investigators. I'll watch for the cases and to see how local LE treat Kelly.

(edited)

I won't hold Kelly's Texas drawl against her.  You can't help where you were raised, but, what I fault her for is how she handled the Temple case AND then refusing to admit it.  The Court was clear about it.  I had read things about her before, but, when I saw this with my own eyes.....it all made sense.  I don't think she is who she puts out there.   I think she's too focused on what she wants and not the truth.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

I don't doubt her sincerity for a moment. She cries when she meets with those families. In one episode, when they couldn't solve it, she was on her knees in front of a family member, crying and apologizing for failing to find the killer. She may have gone too far. That I believe can happen. I also think she probably really thought she was toeing the line in terms of what she had to turn over to the defense. Regardless, Johnny Bonds still respects her enough to work with her and I think that means something. If I had to have someone fighting on my side, I could do worse than Kelly Siegler.

Kelly is a lying McLiarface, who lies so easily it is frightening to observe.  Small wonder she was able to bamboozle a lot of jurors over a lot of years.  I just re-watched her post-Temple, post 36 counts of malfeasance interview, and that beyotch makes me want to vomit. 

On 8/18/2017 at 7:46 AM, valen said:

I don't doubt her sincerity for a moment. She cries when she meets with those families. In one episode

Yup.  Serial killers can also cry sincere tears.  Her compassion may be real, but her underhanded way of feeding her own egotistical "perfect prosecutorial record" leaves some of us needing optical assistance for our side-eye.  She played fast and loose with the law, and continues to be smug and self righteous about her transgressions.  "Lock her up".

• Love 2

If that article is anywhere near accurate, then this may be a bunch of bullshit to get a guilty man off. It's as likely to be accurate as the anti-Siegler spin. At this point, I am no longer convinced of anything. If the very basis of the judge's ruling is inaccurate, then what did she do wrong? Suggest a defense attorney for a kid who the defense team was trying to railroad long after she no longer had anything to do with the case? Not exactly a smoking gun. 

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 6:54 PM, azshadowwalker said:

If that article is anywhere near accurate, then this may be a bunch of bullshit to get a guilty man off. It's as likely to be accurate as the anti-Siegler spin. At this point, I am no longer convinced of anything. If the very basis of the judge's ruling is inaccurate, then what did she do wrong? Suggest a defense attorney for a kid who the defense team was trying to railroad long after she no longer had anything to do with the case? Not exactly a smoking gun. 

If it's the kid I'm thinking of, Siegler was asked about him, and insisted he was "cleared".  When pressed about what cleared him, she said his honesty and willingness to cooperate.  Yet he failed all 3 lie detector tests they had administered.  So, once again, Ms. Siegler is playing a fast & loose game.  The stacks of withheld evidence she continues to insist were within her legal purview to withhold tells me what I need to know about this shady lady.  Self righteous to the end.

• Love 2

In the interview that I saw, she said that the judge who recommended overturning the conviction was WRONG.  The Judge said that she withheld exculpatory evidence and committed other wrongs upon the court.  

In July 2015, visiting Judge Larry Gist issued his damning decree: 36 findings of prosecutorial misconduct in which Siegler either suppressed evidence or disclosed it too late, depriving Temple of a fair trial. He also accused Siegler of interfering with developments in the case four years after she left office, saying she worked in concert with a detective to intimidate a witness who came forward with information pointing to the real killer.

Ultimately, Gist recommended to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals that Temple’s conviction be overturned and that he receive a new trial. The appeals court decision is pending. When contacted by the Houston Press, Gist declined comment.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/unreasonable-doubt-did-kelly-siegler-really-railroad-an-innocent-man-eight-years-ago-7860329

The Court of Appeals agreed and overturned the conviction. 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Temple-overwhelmed-as-state-appeals-court-10633947.php

For some reason, Prosecutors often get away with improper conduct, even when it means innocent people go to prison or death row. I suppose it's one of the perks of the job. It's pathetic.  With Johnny Bonds continuing to work with Kelly.....I feel sorry for him, if he's that desperate.  And it kind makes me wonder why he would be so inclined. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1