Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: The Point of No Return

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, zamberlan said:

Greetings.  I'm an Alone fan from IMDB (which is closing its message boards).  I hope you nice people are ok with internet refugees?

Hi Zamberlan! I'm with you- hopefully others will follow.

I think we're both excited to find other followers of 'Alone', and such great minds here! So happy to be here!

I wanted respond to several of the writers here, nodding my head at what they saw and experienced, and how they felt about things and interpreted what they saw.

As far as Dave is concerned- 2 weeks ago I wrote that "Dave's not here" , a phrase from an old Cheech and Chong movie, and also meaning he was out to lunch and as others here have written, he appeared to be tripping the light fantastic a while back. What we saw the last episode solidified that notion,  I believe. I'm just surprised they didn't pull him earlier. 

The person from our old board who found you will hopefully be along soon.  We had a lively board, mercifully everyone was polite, so maybe more will show up. I like 'Alone'  because it's almost like living through the contestants. I love the outdoors, the birds, the animals, and the people who sign up to be contestants are a real 'different breed of cat'. The three ones left this season are true warriors, and I have the deepest respect for them. 

I spent a year or so on Gabriola Island close to Vancouver Island - it's a beautiful area, and yes, transportation to the islands is first by ferry, unless of course you own a boat. I spent a day on Vancouver Island. On that day it was misty to the point where driving was unsafe. We drove into the mountainous area.

That is why I was first attracted to the show. 

I've taken up enough time, but I wanted to also respond (add my 2 cents) about where are all the animals.  What I noticed was the dearth of birds -this is South America, where all the most colorful and unusual birds can be found, in brilliant hues of blues and yellows, and calling their mates. We haven't seen or heard any. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Braveshoppr said:

What I noticed was the dearth of birds -this is South America, where all the most colorful and unusual birds can be found, in brilliant hues of blues and yellows, and calling their mates. We haven't seen or heard any. 

Aren't the majority of those really colorful ones much further North?  I do wish they would identify the few we've seen like they used to do with the fish the previous seasons.

Welcome, new members.  Find something to sit on and throw a log on the fire.  And if you brought any rations with you, please share. :)

• Love 8

Thanks for the warm welcome! My fantasy alone shelter comes complete with a dakota fire pit/ kachelofen so nobody will get a cold campfire back. Sorry, no rations to share (I'm an abysmal hunter) but I will repeat something I posted at IMDB which is that living things are attracted to geographical transitions. It's why there are few  squirrels, birds etc ... in the deep forest. They need a source of water and multiple sources for foraging, not to mention protection from predators.  

I haven't seen the first and second year episodes yet, but I love the idea of species identification. It would have been great to know what ducks Meghan and Carleigh were seeing.

• Love 2

Dave wrote a post about the show on his Facebook, you can read it here: 

He mentioned how many foods he have left when they pulled him out 

By the time I left I had 42 smoked fish fillets, appoximately: 2lbs of wild mushrooms, numberous greens, 1lb of peanuts and raisins 1lb of flour, 1lb beans, 1lb of duck fat(flour and duck fat were considered survival items). I was regularly eating these items and storing them for long term use. I felt great mentally and spiritually and did not realize how far I had deteriorated physically until I looked in the mirror at the hospital. They were right to pull me. 

Here is the list of rations that they can choose:

Food

5 lbs of beef jerky (protein)

5 lbs of dried pulses/legumes/lentils mix (starch and carbs)

5 lbs of biltong (protein)

5 lbs of hard tack military biscuits (carbs/sugars)

5 lbs of chocolate (Simple/complex sugars)

5 lbs of pemmican (traditional trail food made from fat and proteins)

5 lbs of gorp (raisins, m&m's and peanuts)

5 lbs of flour (starch/carbs)

2 lbs of rice or sugar and 1 lb of salt

1 ration is 5lbs. I don't know how the rations work but from Dave's post, I guess they can mixed the choices in a ration? i.e: 5lbs of a ration consists of 1lb of peanuts and raisins 1lb of flour, 1lb beans, 1lb of duck fat, 1lb of salt. Dave said he had 2lbs of wild mushrooms. Were those mushrooms from the ration or from foraging? If the mushrooms were from foraging, then that means he had 4lbs of ration left. He brought 2 rations so he had eaten about 6lbs of ration in about 2.5 months. 

He also said he caught 36 fish total so that's 72 fish fillets. So in 2.5 months he ate 30 fish fillets (15 fish in total). Jeez, no wonder he's so skinny!

Callie said the editing was pretty accurate but my take on Dave's post is it wasn't. 

I have come to realize and except that what we are seeing is not my journey, but someone else's interpretation of my journey.

I went out there for many reasons, to test myself, to learn, to grow closer to myself and the earth, to feel life, to Live, to show people this could be done and that you could be comfortable with the land (The money was a secondary bonus). What I saw in the beginning episodes didn't show that for me and I kept going deeper into a place of dread at how they would show me physically deteriorate in front of my friends and families. 

I think the editing is probably different for each contestants. Callie seems to be the editor's and producer's favorite so maybe they put more effort in the editing to accurately portray Callie's experience. Honestly I feel like they put more effort into editing Callie's and Fowler's clips cause for me, we barely see much of the other contestants. Maybe that's just me though. 

They paid me a lot of money to hunt, camp and fish in Patagonia and it is the most powerful thing I have done to date.

So that confirms it...they do get paid. 

Anyway, Dave's chess set was beautiful. I wish he would show more of the stuffs he carved/made during the show! 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Joan Z said:

I have come to realize and except that what we are seeing is not my journey, but someone else's interpretation of my journey.

Or it could be that he is pissed off that they showed what a crazy fucker he can be at times, and his reaction to being pulled out.

I think he made a big mistake talking about being paid. That is part of the non-disclosure for any contestant, anywhere. My friends from Survivor would never tell me what they were paid for fear of the million dollar fine they would face. People I know personally who were on another lesser known reality show would never reveal to me how much they were paid. So, either he's lying or he's in bigtime trouble now.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 5

First of all, welcome to the new folks!  :)  

1 hour ago, Joan Z said:

By the time I left I had 42 smoked fish fillets, appoximately: 2lbs of wild mushrooms, numberous greens, 1lb of peanuts and raisins 1lb of flour, 1lb beans, 1lb of duck fat(flour and duck fat were considered survival items). I was regularly eating these items and storing them for long term use. I felt great mentally and spiritually and did not realize how far I had deteriorated physically until I looked in the mirror at the hospital. They were right to pull me. 

Here is the list of rations that they can choose:

Food

5 lbs of beef jerky (protein)

5 lbs of dried pulses/legumes/lentils mix (starch and carbs)

5 lbs of biltong (protein)

5 lbs of hard tack military biscuits (carbs/sugars)

5 lbs of chocolate (Simple/complex sugars)

5 lbs of pemmican (traditional trail food made from fat and proteins)

5 lbs of gorp (raisins, m&m's and peanuts)

5 lbs of flour (starch/carbs)

2 lbs of rice or sugar and 1 lb of salt

1 ration is 5lbs. I don't know how the rations work but from Dave's post, I guess they can mixed the choices in a ration? i.e: 5lbs of a ration consists of 1lb of peanuts and raisins 1lb of flour, 1lb beans, 1lb of duck fat, 1lb of salt. Dave said he had 2lbs of wild mushrooms. Were those mushrooms from the ration or from foraging? If the mushrooms were from foraging, then that means he had 4lbs of ration left. He brought 2 rations so he had eaten about 6lbs of ration in about 2.5 months. 

I don't think it works that way.  I could be totally wrong, but the way I understand it is that the five pounds of this, five pounds of that, two pounds of the other is ONE choice they can make as one (or two or three) of their ten items.  

I don't think they could mix and match all the food items.  

It looks like he choose the 5 pounds of gorp for one of his 10 items (and ate all the M&Ms), and also chose the 5 pounds of legumes as another item.  

The mushrooms must have been from foraging, as they aren't a choice.  

1 hour ago, Joan Z said:

1lb of duck fat(flour and duck fat were considered survival items

So maybe all of the contestants have this???  

He was an odd duck, that's for sure.  I was very happy when they pulled him.   

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 3

I think we can all agree that a BP of 80/60 is bad! Yikes! Dave was in the worst shape I have seen on Alone. Like everyone else, I can't believe he was hoarding that food instead of eating it.

My blood pressure was regularly at the 90/60, 80/60 range before I got pregnant. Now I am in the 100/80 to 110/80 range. I still think that is high because I am so used to being well below that. My Doctor had been threatening meds for low blood pressure because of it. The Nurses who took my blood pressure before every visit took it 2-3 times and called someone else over to confirm their findings. They frequently asked me if I felt like I was going to faint or had been dizzy. So I don't see David's blood pressure as an awful thing.

Obviously it was, David was starving. You could see that in his body and how he was functioning mentally. The fact that he had so much food left when he was pulled kills me. How freaking ridiculous is that. He was telling us he was losing it with his videos. He was talking about passing out and being dizzy and not being able to do anything and then discussing how much food he had hoarded. The fact that he did not connect the dots before he was doing so much damage to his body is stunning. He mentally convinced himself that he had to hoard food long before he was in that bad a spot.  

Thank god they pulled him. He needed to be pulled and it sounds like he is ok with that decision.

I do like getting to see the medical checks. I think the limited contact is appropriate for the show. I do get the feeling that the only reason why they started to talk to David was because they knew he was being pulled. Notice that the initial conversation was in Spanish and it was not translated until they were telling David they were pulling him.

It looks like everyone is in the same boat. They are getting to the point that the winner is really going to be the lone Survivor of the medical checks. In away that is cool, these folks built so well and are so into the show that they have to be pulled. But then again is sucks. I really wish they would start the show in the Spring and really let the contestants go and see what they can do. Imagine what would happen if these folks actually had the chance to stock pile for winter because they had the time and access to the resources when they are most available.

I suspect we won't see that because it would become too expensive.

I saw the posts on the people being paid. That is not a surprise. I believe it is common place for reality show contestants to receive a stipend during the time they participate. It is one of the reasons why so many young people are willing to do some of these shows, they can make more money on Big Brother/Survivor/whatever reality show then they can in whatever job they find out of school. It is harder to get more established folks, or folks in good playing jobs, to participate because they are not going to make the same money through stipend that they would at work. I suspect that the stipend for a show like this goes far enough for people who are wilderness survival guides/trainers or living off grid to be able to get a more diverse cast in terms of age, gender and job type. Fowler has bills to pay but they are far less then someone of the same age with a similar size family living in a traditional neighborhood. So the stipend for Dave probably covered his bills and then some so he got to go and test himself.

• Love 4

Without passing any judgement, one thing I got from Dave's FB post was that he was upset they didn't show more of his earlier footage. But for me, he was totally putting on the "Dave Show" early on and I wasn't really enjoying it. Too much love for the camera. I wouldn't want to see too many fireside monologues of Dave doing his carvings. 

His pantry was impressive. It's a shame he let the starvation get away from him. But he was riding a high, and I can see that happening. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

I believe it is common place for reality show contestants to receive a stipend during the time they participate

It is common for them to get paid, but they aren't supposed to talk about it. At all. Non-disclosure agreements clearly state that, and the fine if it's violated. It's why you never hear anyone on these shows talking about money. Dave is probably still out of his head from starvation. Yeah, that's it. LOL

• Love 2

So here we are, talking about Dave's favorite subject, just not in the way he imagined. 

Such a shame he denied himself food to the point of having to be removed from the last segment of the show. I look at those mushrooms and think, 'He could have at least put a few of them in hot water, with a few greens - he said he had appx. 2 lb.s of them.

So it begs the question: At what point did he begin hoarding from induced starvation - weeks ago? How long would one fancy not eating (while being so hungry) to prove a point (that he's able to do without food) which was more important than food itself?

I think the lesson Dave taught the producers is to observe and study their contestants better before letting them on the show.

• Love 4

This week's episode (2nd to last) was, in my opinion, a harbinger of things to come for this series and how it may change. The "change" is in regards to how the final contestants leave the game.

Dave was, as far as I can recall, the first contestant in any of the 3 seasons to be pulled involuntarily, due to malnutrition. Everyone else before had chosen their time to tap out.

This year's contestants are literally pushing the boundaries for what a body can take when it comes to lack of calories. We saw more of the "medical" team this week (and next week per the preview) than we ever had.

I've mentioned before how each progressive season has involved people with more and more in the way of survival skills. This year's folks had the additional fortitude to stick it out no matter how hungry they are.

Dave's experience will be yet another lesson for future contestants. He thought he was doing everything right to stay on for another 2 months but he ignored his own body. The History channel folks (or whoever produces it) can't have people literally killing themselves. There has to be a part of the contract that explains that the med teams can pull contestants if they deem it necessary.

Still...it was heart breaking to watch Dave's emotions go from denial ("noo....") to the realization that he was endangering his life and that the decision was the right one.

My point here is that we may see many more of these involuntary tap outs in future seasons as truly experienced and hardened contestants push themselves to the point of having to be pulled.

• Love 7

My 2nd post in a row...sorry, as I'm migrating from IMDB and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!  My take here is that, so far, the 2 winners have come in with weight to lose....is this a key?

I just finished watching Season 1 so I'm completely caught up on all available Alone episodes.

In the first and second season, the patterns were similar: There was food generally available but it tapered off as the weeks went by. About the 2nd-3rd week, you can really tell that they're losing weight.

By the 6th and 7th week, contestants are really struggling but it's those that came in with some bulk to begin with that weather that part of the competition the best.

Alan in Season 1 and Dave in Season 2 both ended up having lost more than 40 pounds but their frames handled it better than the person in 2nd and 3rd places. If you think about it, a person coming in at 150 lbs is going to be in real trouble if they got down to only 100.

That takes me to the current season. I have to be impressed with the women who buck the trend I speak to above.....but if you apply the idea to this season and those left, who is it that came in bulkier than the other 3? Who can afford to lose ANOTHER 10-20 lbs before they tap?

Hint: The name rhymes with growler.... :-)

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Robodude said:

My 2nd post in a row...sorry, as I'm migrating from IMDB and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!  My take here is that, so far, the 2 winners have come in with weight to lose....is this a key?

I just finished watching Season 1 so I'm completely caught up on all available Alone episodes.

In the first and second season, the patterns were similar: There was food generally available but it tapered off as the weeks went by. About the 2nd-3rd week, you can really tell that they're losing weight.

By the 6th and 7th week, contestants are really struggling but it's those that came in with some bulk to begin with that weather that part of the competition the best.

Alan in Season 1 and Dave in Season 2 both ended up having lost more than 40 pounds but their frames handled it better than the person in 2nd and 3rd places. If you think about it, a person coming in at 150 lbs is going to be in real trouble if they got down to only 100.

That takes me to the current season. I have to be impressed with the women who buck the trend I speak to above.....but if you apply the idea to this season and those left, who is it that came in bulkier than the other 3? Who can afford to lose ANOTHER 10-20 lbs before they tap?

Hint: The name rhymes with growler.... :-)

I agree and mentioned in a post above about how starting the show overweight may help a contestant. I really felt sorry for Dave this season and I wouldn't be surprised if future contestants fatten themselves up prior to starting the show.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Joan Z said:

I think the editing is probably different for each contestants. Callie seems to be the editor's and producer's favorite so maybe they put more effort in the editing to accurately portray Callie's experience. Honestly I feel like they put more effort into editing Callie's and Fowler's clips cause for me, we barely see much of the other contestants. Maybe that's just me though. 

I think it also depends heavily on the contestant . Callie obviously liked performing for the camera (and I don't mean this in a sense of faking it for the camera ) and looked how to make it interesting for her and potential viewers.  Others may just  have let the camera record them  because they had to .

6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Obviously it was, David was starving. You could see that in his body and how he was functioning mentally. The fact that he had so much food left when he was pulled kills me. How freaking ridiculous is that. He was telling us he was losing it with his videos. He was talking about passing out and being dizzy and not being able to do anything and then discussing how much food he had hoarded. The fact that he did not connect the dots before he was doing so much damage to his body is stunning. He mentally convinced himself that he had to hoard food long before he was in that bad a spot.  

I liked the way Greg left due to his hypothermia . He realized that he would not be able to make good decisions any loner and tapped out .

• Love 1

as I recall, Dave (edited to say DAVID the winner of season 2) posted about how he lost about 30 some pounds and then stabilized at 150 and neither gained nor lost weight the last month.  he had 2 pounds of rations left.  i think his fish bonanza at the end helped him a lot. depending on what and how much you get, you can get to a subsistence level. I think that Patagonia might not be as good for food as Vancouver.  Now if they let them take a gun, I am sure they would have quite a bit of food available. I think it was Megan who posted about the wire, why did they not take wire instead of the paracord the animals could chew through, there was only one kind of wire, not much of it and it was not very flexible so would not make good traps.  Maybe that would change in the future, supposedly they allowed more weight variety in cord after the first year. . 

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, holly4755 said:

as I recall, Dave posted about how he lost about 30 some pounds and then stabilized at 150 and neither gained nor lost weight the last month.

According to the show, Dave weighed 121 when they pulled him and lost 42 pounds since his first weigh-in.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Joan Z said:

Seriously?  Dave STILL thinks he was eating all that "regularly" and that he "felt great mentally and spiritually"?  I really hate to say this, but even realizing that they were right to pull him after the fact, he still sounds delusional.  I'm glad they didn't show more footage of him earlier in the season as he was even hard to watch at best.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

According to the show, Dave weighed 121 when they pulled him and lost 42 pounds since his first weigh-in.

Dave's delusional, and rewriting his story to suit his own ego or whatever. No way he sustained his weight for a month. 

• Love 6

Dave's experience will be yet another lesson for future contestants. He thought he was doing everything right to stay on for another 2 months but he ignored his own body. The History channel folks (or whoever produces it) can't have people literally killing themselves. There has to be a part of the contract that explains that the med teams can pull contestants if they deem it necessary.

I am sure that it is in the contract which is why Dave was pulled.

I believe the original post was referencing the Dave who won in season two and not the Dave who was pulled in season three.

Dave's delusional, and rewriting his story to suit his own ego or whatever. No way he sustained his weight for a month. 

Yes, yes he is. His comments now counter his comments on the show. You know, the ones where he mentions how much weight he lost, how he could see all of his robs, how he was passing out due to lack of food. Those comments. He doesn't want to admit that he messed up by hoarding food instead of eating more of that hoarded food.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Without passing any judgement, one thing I got from Dave's FB post was that he was upset they didn't show more of his earlier footage. But for me, he was totally putting on the "Dave Show" early on and I wasn't really enjoying it. Too much love for the camera. I wouldn't want to see too many fireside monologues of Dave doing his carvings. 

His pantry was impressive. It's a shame he let the starvation get away from him. But he was riding a high, and I can see that happening. 

I agree with you.  If I was a reality show editor (as much as I love this show, at the end of the day it is what it is), I would not make she show Dave heavy.  The camera loves some people and he was a repulsive turn off from the very beginning.  He probably thought he came off goofy and charming, but it was weird and disturbing.  I remember the little pseudo jig strut he did when he first made his door for his shelter.  I was very impressed with his skills, but never enjoyed watching him for one second.  I actually dreaded his segments, even before he became scary thin.  They never seemed organic and he was so awkward and strange.

Callie, Fowler, Alan, Lucas, Sam and a few others that I have probably forgot to mention are t.v. gold.  They hold the screen and seem very natural with the camera.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I agree with you.  If I was a reality show editor (as much as I love this show, at the end of the day it is what it is), I would not make she show Dave heavy.  The camera loves some people and he was a repulsive turn off from the very beginning.  He probably thought he came off goofy and charming, but it was weird and disturbing.  I remember the little pseudo jig strut he did when he first made his door for his shelter.  I was very impressed with his skills, but never enjoyed watching him for one second.  I actually dreaded his segments, even before he became scary thin.  They never seemed organic and he was so awkward and strange.

I 100% agree. I would actually look away when he was on. He was/is delusional. I would imagine that they administer a psych battery to these people beforehand, but if they don't, then this is a reason for why they should. It is similar to the girl who won the final prize on Biggest Loser a while back. She was positively anorexic when she came out for the big reveal and people were stunned and it was hard to applaud her "win" because she looked awful. Dave may be the type to have addictive qualities or traits in his personality which meant that he would do "anything" to win and just won't let go despite the obvious issues. However, his thinking became clouded pretty early on. I think Sam was starting to tip in that direction as well. Only he tapped before it got too bad. 

• Love 5

I know a Fowler win seems like a sure thing, and is desired by the majority of posters here, but I'm still hoping one of the ladies surprises us all.  I'm one of the few (maybe only?) who just never connected with Fowler in any way, and will actually be disappointed if he wins.  It's Ok, though - I felt the same disconnect with David last season.   :-)

Looking foward to Thursday night.

• Love 7

Ok... so he messed up by hoarding too much food. I would have done the same, hoping I could get through the whole winter if need be. I also must point out that he had a very cool shelter, with a self closing door(!), an incredible chess set and maybe even access to some kind of hallucinogenic plant. ;) Weirdly, hunger can also be a bit of a high for some people. 

Back at IMDB many of us seemed to connect with Greg, the completely unassuming dry waller. No one was too sorry to see the trapper or the guy with the urinal leave (I am still hopeless with names). I wonder what it is exactly that makes us connect with certain people and not others? I started to like Fowler after he cried just to feel the sun.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, zamberlan said:

Ok... so he messed up by hoarding too much food. I would have done the same, hoping I could get through the whole winter if need be. I also must point out that he had a very cool shelter, with a self closing door(!), an incredible chess set and maybe even access to some kind of hallucinogenic plant. ;) Weirdly, hunger can also be a bit of a high for some people

For me it was the uncomfortable feeling I was watching someone who was not right in the head.  There was something very off about him from the beginning and it made him extremely unpleasant to watch.  I have never felt that way about a contestant before, no matter how boring or off putting they were.  He did have some good skills.

Most of of liked Greg, with his cool Canadian accent, but observed that his shelter was inadequate and did not know how to properly utilize his fire (it was not made in a way to reflect the most efficient amount of heat).  This combined with his age made his early tap out predictable.

Almost everyone disliked Dan the trapper and his amazing "strategy" that did not even get him to the top five.

I think Britt was the urinal guy.  It was amazing that he was not the first or second tap out, since his resume read "accountant who likes to camp...sometimes".

• Love 8
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I know a Fowler win seems like a sure thing, and is desired by the majority of posters here, but I'm still hoping one of the ladies surprises us all.  I'm one of the few (maybe only?) who just never connected with Fowler in any way, and will actually be disappointed if he wins.  It's Ok, though - I felt the same disconnect with David last season.   :-)

Looking foward to Thursday night.

Hey Walnutqueen (we go way back!), I totally hear you about the ladies. Normally, I would  be 100% for them, but, I got the Fowler love early, once I found out that he lives 30 minutes or so from my mom and my home state. I kinda hope he wins. (I think the editing has said that from day one if my theory holds).  I do like Carleigh, but I don't think that we have seen enough of either of the ladies (from the editing standpoint) for either to be the winner. Maybe, I will be wrong. They are all worthy, just due to length of stay. IMO

• Love 2

42 smoked fish fillets, appoximately: 2lbs of wild mushrooms, numberous greens, 1lb of peanuts and raisins 1lb of flour, 1lb beans, 1lb of duck fat

Dave, 42 fillets!!!! wtf dude, why were you starving yourself. >:( >:(

• Love 4

I would be fine with any of the remaining three win but I would like to see a Fowler win, because he has been entertaining and I feel for him with the learning disability thing. I would be perfectly happy with Meghan or Carleigh win. If I ranked order them I would go Fowler, Carleigh, and Meghan with Fowler having the edge only because of the learning disability bond.

I think all three of them have done a darn good job and have taken good care of themselves and their camps. Meghan has been less entertaining then the other two so I put her at the bottom.

• Love 4

Funny how the three left have the really boring, stable almost zen energy that stands them in such good stead. I wouldn't last a day. I'd be buzzing around like a bee, hopping from project to project, burning myself out, second guessing everything I did. Callie and Dave both talked the zen energy talk but in reality they were both pretty frenetic. Somewhere I was reading about the names for these different kinds of energies, can they really be changed or are we born with them do you think?

• Love 1

Looks like the next episode thread is mislabeled a bit! The episode title is Day 87? Spoiler alert, LOL. Silly show. (Although knowing it may only be about another week and a half means Meghan and her bad tooth might last that long...could be anybody)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Looks like the next episode thread is mislabeled a bit! The episode title is Day XX? Spoiler alert, LOL. Silly show. (Although knowing it may only be about another week and a half means Meghan and her bad tooth might last that long...could be anybody)

Yeah I saw that too. 

I'm still pissed that we never got any Going Deeper episodes or whatever they called them the first 2 seasons.  This is a show where they literally "show, don't tell" and I'd like to know more about what we weren't shown, what people were thinking, etc. 

ETA: I'm good with any of the final 3.  I'd prefer a woman just out of gender pride, but it really looks like Fowler is a shoe-in.

• Love 3

I'm surprised anyone doesn't know they get paid. They sign on with the potential of being out there for a year. Not many people can go without a paycheck for a year. As for talking about it. I've heard many reality show participants talk about being paid. How much? That's what they don't disclose. I can't believe people don't know they get paid to be on these shows.

• Love 1