Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Lost Generation

CooperTV

5 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Why would he be erased if he existed in the timeline? The fact that he died while being in the past doesn't change his existence and its impact of the timeline. Amy was erased from the timeline because some dude that was supposed to marry some person married her sister instead and Amy's father never met Lucy's mother.

Heck I don't know LOL .. that's what I have everyone here for; to help my confusion :)

• Love 2

I'm glad they are changing up the show a little.  Though it wouldn't take a rocket scientist for someone to realize Agent Christopher helped Wyatt escape.

I'm not interested in the notebook and predestination, so I wish that subplot would go away.  It seems like every important person in the past was Rittenhouse so what's the point.  I don't like the new lady working with Flynn either.  She seems just as ruthless.

I liked the historical characters in this episode, and the team dynamics are still fun, especially when Lucy and Rufus were being interrogated by the new guy.  I actually though it was good that he was trying to find out how many people they interacted with, but he was a total jerk about it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Netfoot said:

He could certainly have carried a 1911, but why would that have made his win in the gunfight probable?  The two extra rounds it could carry?  

It is more than two extra rounds in the magazine of a M1911 meaning adopted by the US Army in the year 1911 and perhaps having a few go missing in France a decade before during The Great War, versus a a cylinder of the six shooter revolver. With or without revolver speed loaders, which were not available but perhaps the half moon clips a trained cop/soldier much less a Delta Force operator can rapidly reload a pistol and continue to fight. And certainly not stand out in the open look at his empty revolver stupidly without seeking cover. 

I could have sworn Baumgardner was a Navy SEAL in his first appearance but this time he was introduced as Master Sergeant like Wyatt is making him Army, USAF or USMC

I got a Stargate SG1 flashback when Bam Bam paused to grin incredulously as he boarded the eye. I like to think that Rufus and Lucy will return from another history-altering trip to be greeted by Bam Bam with just his arm in a sling from a non-fatal injury.

• Love 2

Wyatt, how do you use that tactical brain of yours to realize that Rittenhouse is taking over without a fight, but come to the conclusion that God or fate, or the force wanted your sweet love dead? Ugh, Occam's razor dude! Rittenhouse killed her.  Anyway, other than that, I'm still loving the show. Lucy always looks fabulous, but so did all the ladies this episode. I like Flynn's new pilot, I apologize, I can't remember her name. I got a feeling she's Rittenhouse though. All the historical figures were great. I agree with everyone upthread who said getting rid of some of these plotlines would help the show. There is a lot going on!

• Love 2

I am a fan of Wyatt as well. His job is not only to eliminate Flynn but to protect his assets, Lucy and Rufus. And he does a good job of it. I also thought he was usually the voice of reason during their missions. The last one doesn't count because it wasn't a mission but his own stupid personal agenda. I like that Wyatt is willing to do what it takes. He can't just follow orders strictly like a good little soldier because out there in the past, there is no commander to give him orders. He needs to think on his feet. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 9

I really enjoyed this episode.  Loved the historical characters.  Loved Josephine Baker.  Not sure if that's actually her singing, but whoever was singing as her did a great job.

Surprised they killed the new soldier so quickly.  Looking forward to seeing the team back together.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Fireball said:

I'm not sure what your point is? Was it stupid of Bam Bam to bring basically a "knife" to a gun fight. Yes obviously, but my point is Bam Bam was told he couldn't take anything that wasn't authentic to the time period.

He was certainly not a good soldier by risking his life and the lives of his compatriots by not bringing a weapon that would protect them on a top secret mission to (more or less) save the world as we know it. He was bad at all goals of his job (killing Flynn, protecting the timeline, protecting the Team Eyeball) because he got himself killed over the rule that had nothing to do with his job description.

• Love 2

Was annoyed with Lucy in the scene with her Rittenhouse father. I get that she was emotional, but it really would have been a hell of a lot smarter to ask him some questions. She barked at him that she knew all about Rittenhouse when she really doesn't. (As he noted.) Why waste an opportunity to learn what they're up against? 

If you don't care about getting info for your team's sake, then at least do it for the viewers, Lucy!

• Love 9
18 hours ago, benteen said:

Although I like the Goran Visnjic (and love Annie Wersching) I'd be happy with the Rittenhouse storyline ending this year if the show is fortunate enough to get a Season 2.  It's the time traveling, meeting historical figures, historical settings and interactions between the three main characters that I like the best.  Of course I know there has to be a purpose and storyline in there somewhere but I think starting with a fresh one would help.  Perhaps another country gets their own time traveling technology and that starts off a temporal "arms" race.  THAT could be intriguing.

Yeah, that'd be interesting.

Maybe they can find a way to keep Goran on if it gets renewed :D

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. Too bad it was a fake out. The Rittenhouse stuff really needs to be made much more explicit. I have a feeling the writers deliberately left it vague so they don't have to rewrite/retcon as they go along. 

Totally agree! I don't think it will ever have better than middling ratings, but Friday does seem a really good slot. (And yes, this is the final season for Grimm.)

The woman who played Josephine Baker was really good, I thought, on par with the one who played Bonnie Parker. Whoever casts this show does a consistently excellent job with the historical figures.

Poor Bam Bam. Of course the first competent muscle our side has gets shot. I knew he couldn't be around too long because of Wyatt, but it's a shame he had to die. I hope Wyatt feels some guilt about Bam Bam's death.

I'm with the poster who wants the show streamlined. Time travel, Rittenhouse, Flynn's revenge, Wyatt's dumb backstory, Lucy's sister and father drama, it's a lot to cover, and more often than not, the show focuses on the wrong plot, IMO. We should know much more about Rittenhouse by the fourteenth episode. And is it really such a shock that if Lucy's bio father is in Rittenhouse and we know it's handed down in families that she's somehow involved? That was pretty basic deducing.

This show has the kind of ratings that could work well on a Friday - if they advertise it a bit, cut the budget, keep it on a 13 episode order (unless a potential season 2 does well), it'd be good Friday fare.

First off, unpopular opinion, but while 'BamBam' didn't need to die, I disagree with calling him an immediate improvement over Wyatt.  Instances being a few little things like he couldn't find a way to sneak a modern gun along with him, nor even think it necessary?  Really??  And then just standing around in wide open space for target practice?  Also, just because he pointed out a couple 'crime scene' things right away doesn't make him "better" than Wyatt, just that he likely had different training or specialties he brought to the special forces teams.

So, Flynn got the automobile guy to find Lindbergh and keep that history through-line intact, where Lucy found out in the history books that Lindbergh's history basically stayed the same.  Only way I can think it stayed the same - unless Lindbergh was playing Lucy & everyone at the end.

I don't know my history, but I'm guessing there was some actual backstory to all of Charles Lindbergh, Ernest Hemingway, AND Josephine Baker all being in the same place at the same time?  Don't mind getting to meet a few historical figures all in one episode.

The birth story of the Diary.  Dun-dun!

Was anyone else getting some slight one-sided Flynn/Emma vibes (the 1 side being Emma) in this episode?  Her attitude comes off as mostly indifferent, but not a disgusted or scared indifference.

I can't help but think they must really be pushing for renewal by making the Rittenhouse threat so real so early, after the first 11-12 episodes just had them as the far-distant shadowy monsters lurking in the darkness beyond sight.

Hemingway: "... We fight.  We drink, we fight, we screw, and we fight.  For those that can't!"   --   I'm now inspired to go get into a bar brawl, drink some more, and having a one-night stand (maybe even with a prostitute!) to put the cherry on top of a funday sundae.  I love life lessons from literary icons.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Raja said:

It is more than two extra rounds in the magazine of a M1911 meaning adopted by the US Army in the year 1911 and perhaps having a few go missing in France a decade before during The Great War, versus a a cylinder of the six shooter revolver. With or without revolver speed loaders, which were not available but perhaps the half moon clips a trained cop/soldier much less a Delta Force operator can rapidly reload a pistol and continue to fight. And certainly not stand out in the open look at his empty revolver stupidly without seeking cover. 

The early 1911 had a 7-round clip, so with one in the chamber that is 8 rounds, or two more than the standard "6-shooter" revolver.  As you say, a skilled shooter can reload his wheelgun rapidly, even without half-moon clips or a speed loader.  Sure, the couple extra rounds would have been helpful, but if that is the case, he could have carried a Mauser C-96 which carried a 10-round magazine and used one of the most powerful cartridges available at that time. Not to suggest that the revolver, (which could have been chambered in .45 Long Colt as easily as anything else) was anything to scoff at.

So, I still don't see why the OP thought that the use of a 1911 would have made Dum Dum winning the gunfight more probable.

Remember the Twilight Zone episode where the tank crew finds itself back at Custer's Last Stand? I remember when I was kid being amazed by that. But I was also puzzled by this: didn't ANYONE question why there were these "strange weapons" found? But I rationalized it away by saying, 1) there were only a couple (it would have been more mysterious if they'd found hundreds of them) advanced weapons and 2) which goes hand-in-hand with #1 is that Native Americans carried off everything they could and dispersed into the countryside. 

My point is that one or two strange-looking weapons may have gone unnoticed, unless it caught the immediate attention of someone important enough who could have the weapons studied by the experts of the day.

I think Wyatt had his super-duper handgun WITH silencer at the Alamo. At first I thought that was mistake. I mean, what would happen if he lost it? But then I reasoned: Well, there was so much shit going on then, what with people running for their lives, and other people getting killed left andright, I don't think many people could have taken the time to focus on one strange-looking weapon.

Still, depending upon your mission, I think it prudent not to carry modern things into the past.

Edited by JackONeill
Most sentences require at least one verb.
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Remember the Twilight Zone episode where the tank crew finds itself back at Custer's Last Stand? I remember when I was kid being amazed by that. But I was also puzzled by this: didn't ANYONE question why there were these "strange weapons" found? But I rationalized it away by saying, 1) there were only a couple (it would have been more mysterious if they'd found hundreds of them) advanced weapons and 2) which goes hand-in-hand with #1 is that Native Americans carried off everything they could and dispersed into the countryside. 

My point is that one or two strange-looking weapons may have gone unnoticed, unless it caught the immediate attention of someone important enough who could have the weapons studied by the experts of the day.

I think Wyatt had his super-duper handgun WITH silencer at the Alamo. At first I thought that was mistake. I mean, what would happen if he lost it? But then I reasoned: Well, there was so much shit going on then, what with people running for their lives, and other people getting killed left andright, I don't think many people could have taken the time to focus on one strange-looking weapon.

Still, depending upon your mission, I think it prudent not to carry modern things into the past.

There's some wisdom in that.  I mean, look at what happened when Jesse James got a hard-on for Flynn's advanced weaponry and wouldn't take "no" for an answer when Flynn refused to let him get near it.

But Lucy was right.  The rule about not taking advanced weaponry into the past was, as she correctly pointed out, a rule that was meant to be ignored for common-sense reasons.

• Love 2
On 2017-02-06 at 11:12 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Well, they sure packed this one with historical figures.  Charles Lindenberg, Ernest Hemingway, and Josephine Baker!

And name-checked F. Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald, and Getrude Stein, too! I was almost surprised the club in question wasn't the Lapin Agile. Hey, Lucy could have ended up on the walls of the Cabaret des assassins!

How the hell does Daddy Rittenhouse know Amy ever existed?

Edited by Sandman
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

He's listened to all those USB drives that Rufus recorded.

Huh -- forgot about that. Though I think CooperTV might be onto something: does one really hire Susanna Thompson to play a character who has been, at least thus far, so peripheral?

6 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

So, Flynn got the automobile guy to find Lindbergh and keep that history through-line intact, where Lucy found out in the history books that Lindbergh's history basically stayed the same.  Only way I can think it stayed the same - unless Lindbergh was playing Lucy & everyone at the end.

No.  Flynn wanted to kill Lindbergh and Lucy talked him out of it by him agreeing not to kill him if Lucy convinced Lindburgh to leave Rittenhause and not return to his family etc.  Last thing Flynn wanted was for Lindburgh to live.  He got the name of the French car guy from Lindburgh as a higher up in the organization.  He went there to try and find out more information about Rittenhause I assume since he didn't shoot him on the spot like he usually would.

5 hours ago, Netfoot said:

So, I still don't see why the OP thought that the use of a 1911 would have made Dum Dum winning the gunfight more probable.

I was being rather facetious there; a a move more obvious to myself, perhaps.  I was thinking of the usual progression of good guy with big gun always wins in a gunfight.  Oh well.

4 hours ago, JackONeill said:

And that was my other point.  The M1911, as  likely other models of semi-auto pistols,  would not have been out of place in 1927.  I am not an expert on armaments, and unwilling to do the research, so I will leave it at that.

5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

The 7th is Made Up of Phantoms.  I remember that TZ episode.  I liked it despite the fact that the tank crew seemed to know every single little detail about Custer's Last Stand.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I didn't take it as there being a specific rule about advanced weapons.  They were all told in general they couldn't bring back anything modern, but they still let Lucy wear an underwire bra in the pilot.  So it was always about blending in. I think Wyatt heard that and assumed the gun didn't count because he needed it to do his job and the only person who would see it is the person who would die. Bam Bam heard the rule and took it to the extreme.

Sure. I wasn't being entirely serious, just trying to point out how impractical such a rule would be, or how silly it would be to expect Wyatt to just freely break the "rule" as Lucy implied, as opposed to having that as an agreed upon exception.

In reality they should keep an inventory of everything they take, leave, or bring back. Just as they should be keeping track of who they interact with. But the whole operation has been very slapdash.

At least it seems like things will be better organized with the bad guys running the show. :-)

• Love 2

I was amazed that the cop in the pilot seemed so amazed at Master Sergeant  Wyatt's  weapon. Anytime in the past 120 years a pistol should be accepted by the indigenous folks with only engineers really taking a great notice 

• Love 2

I agree with everyone upthread who said getting rid of some of these plotlines would help the show. There is a lot going on!

I don't think the problem with the show is "too many plotlines." If anything the show is lacking ambition in its writing and is too repetitive and simplistic. The Rittenouse thing, however, simply doesn't work as an ongoing antagonist. The show has written itself into a corner by premising the time travel on someone trying to destroy Rittenhouse. They either should have been able to do it by now or realize it cannot be achieved. How long does this show thing it can string along a premise where, in every episode, Lucy & Co. go chasing after Flynn as he finds yet another historical figure connected with Rittenhouse? 

He was certainly not a good soldier by risking his life and the lives of his compatriots by not bringing a weapon that would protect them on a top secret mission to (more or less) save the world as we know it.

I don't think it's fair to blame Bam Bam if he was not properly briefed. Clearly he was under the impression it was a "rule" that he should not take modern weaponry with him since Lucy specifically said "you were supposed to ignore that rule." Can we blame a good soldier for not ignoring a rule?

Besides, the actor who played Bam Bam just looks the part so much more than Matt Lanter. Bam Bam's the guy I want on my ride along if I need muscle. Lanter is the guy I want if I need a pretty face.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4

"First of all, you're a world-class jerk, Hemingway."

All of the interactions between Hemingway and Rufus are a prime example of why this show is my favorite show to watch on TV right now, despite its flaws.  The historical guest characters are so fun and so well cast, and I love our team's interactions with them.  In reality, the team's frequent reliance on important, influential historical characters to achieve their goals doesn't seem like it would be the best strategy for keeping a low profile and avoiding polluting the time-stream, but I enjoy escapist TV, and I'm glad the show is taking the more fun route instead of the more plausible one.

With Charles Lindbergh, I was surprised he trusted Lucy enough to at least initially go along with her plans.  She comes in and establishes her bona fides as a "purebred" member of an influential Rittenhouse family, and then she tried to convince him to defect while making only ambiguous comments about her own allegiances.  Since they're dealing with a super-shady secret organization, if I were Charles Lindbergh, I'd suspect that this was a trap or test to determine where my loyalties really lay.  Maybe that's the reason he ultimately decided to come out of hiding -- he was convinced that the other shoe was about to drop and Rittenhouse would soon show up to dispose of him if he didn't successfully pass this test of his loyalties.

• Love 4

Forgive me if this is a silly question but if Flynn planned to kill Lindbergh from jump, why didn't he just shoot his plane down?  Or kill him at the crash site?  Was it because he knew there was info on the automobile guy? 

I loved this episode.  Lindbergh, Hemingway and Baker were phenomenal.  I looooooooved Hemingway.  That Rufus told him he was a jerk was amazing.  This is where Timeless excels, at least IMO.  Casting is stellar and little jabs like this are awesome. 

Not quite sure why they had to kill Replacement Wyatt off that quickly.  Think it would have been better to have him as a standby or even find out he was some kind of double agent.  Oh well.

I love the show, even with its faults but it does make me a little crazy that our time traveling trio has one major job - - kill Flynn - - and they are completely inept at that.  Can they not select what time they arrive in the past?  How does Flynn always manage to get a jump on them?  I would assume that Flynn is older than any of them - - can't they go back in the past and prevent him from being born like Wyatt did with his wife's supposed killer?  What's to stop them from doing that?  

The ratings are definitely worrisome but I think they were down this week because of the Super Bowl (maybe people stayed up/out to watch the game on Sunday and were recovering on Monday) and the Christmas hiatus probably hurt.  Frankly, I didn't remember when the show was coming back; if you don't have your DVR set, you wouldn't know. 

I'm hoping that NBC gives the show a chance and maybe moves it to a different night if that's necessary. 

2 minutes ago, laserlady said:

"First of all, you're a world-class jerk, Hemingway."

All of the interactions between Hemingway and Rufus are a prime example of why this show is my favorite show to watch on TV right now, despite its flaws. 

You and I are very much of the same mind.  We cross posted similar thoughts! 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Besides, the actor who played Bam Bam just looks the part so much more than Matt Lanter. Bam Bam's the guy I want on my ride along if I need muscle. Lanter is the guy I want if I need a pretty face.

According to someone I know who has dealt with special forces in the military, Wyatt is rather realistic. You don't want your special forces guys to look like muscle. They need to be able to blend in and not look threatening -- like the story Wyatt told about infiltrating and taking over the village by moving in and building things and setting up water, etc. If they looked like muscle, it wouldn't have worked. Ordinary, unthreatening, even pretty guys can infiltrate things that obvious muscle can't. You're not going to be suspicious about Wyatt because he looks physically threatening, but we've seen that he is capable of handling himself, and he's good at improvising.

• Love 12

This episode made me feel show writers are reading here and filmed this episode just for those of us who aren't Wyatt fans. We met Bam Bam a couple episodes ago and some of us (raises hand) wished he would take Wyatt's place (for so many reasons!). So, writers got Wyatt arrested, put Bam Bam on the Eyeball Team, then KILLED HIM to just shut us whiners up. I guess the lesson is we should be grateful for Wyatt. Meanwhile, RIP Bam Bam. We hardly knew ye.

• Love 3

What I liked about Bam Bam is that he wasn't all emo like Wyatt. And I think it was extremely sloppy that no one checked on what he was packing for his first mission. The whole operation is pretty sloppy.

If they do kill Flynn, what will they do with the time machine? They only have Rufus as a pilot. Do they decide to drive Flynn's machine back home, and leave the eyeball behind? Or do they drive the eyeball home and leave the mothership behind? No one ever says what they're supposed to do about Flynn's crew. It doesn't seem likely they'd just surrender if Flynn were killed, so killing Flynn is not really going to stop anyone form mucking around with the timeline, and the show acts like it will.

If Rittenhouse wasn't really bad guys, they could have treated Rufus with respect, told him what was going on, and gotten his willing co-operation, instead of threatening him and his family.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

What I liked about Bam Bam is that he wasn't all emo like Wyatt. And I think it was extremely sloppy that no one checked on what he was packing for his first mission. The whole operation is pretty sloppy.

If they do kill Flynn, what will they do with the time machine? They only have Rufus as a pilot. Do they decide to drive Flynn's machine back home, and leave the eyeball behind? Or do they drive the eyeball home and leave the mothership behind? 

You forget that Emma can also pilot either the mothership or the lifeboat, and she's only on Flynn's side as the most expedient way to deal with Rittenhouse.  That's why she didn't try to stop the Time Team from leaving the room in the catacombs where Lucy and Lindbergh had been held captive.  So Rufus can pilot one timeship, and she can pilot the other one.

9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Forgive me if this is a silly question but if Flynn planned to kill Lindbergh from jump, why didn't he just shoot his plane down?  Or kill him at the crash site?  Was it because he knew there was info on the automobile guy?

Total speculation since the writers didn't explain anything but it seemed he shot down Lindbergh to find out who the Rittenhouse big cheese in Europe was in that era for some reason that ... you know ... the writers didn't say.  Though I assume it was important for Flynn to find out that name and pay the guy a visit because ... you know ... Lucy's Journal.  Yeah the whole plot for this episode was totally muddy.

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

If they do kill Flynn, what will they do with the time machine? They only have Rufus as a pilot. Do they decide to drive Flynn's machine back home, and leave the eyeball behind? Or do they drive the eyeball home and leave the mothership behind?

Flynn can't pilot the time machine he stole.  Only Anthony could until Flynn collected Emma from the past last episode.  Now with Anthony out of the way Emma and Rufus are the only people on earth we know of who can pilot a time machine.  Period. 

Jiya may be in training but like was explained when she started it would take a good 6 months until she could complete her training.  So if Rufus is the only surviving pilot after some big showdown and Emma gets killed -- though the writers won't let that happen obviously -- they could first hide the lifeboat somewhere in that particular past and return to the present in the super sports model main one.  Then after Jiya finishes her training she and Rufus could go back to that past but a little into it's future a few weeks say so Rufus doesn't cross his own timeline there and take both back to the present at that point.

But again they did not introduce a new major character like Emma to kill her off.  I assume she got written into the show when the actor playing Anthony couldn't be a full time regular (other commitments maybe?).  They need Flynn to actually have someone to talk to other than his chance encounters with Lucy in the past.  One of the reasons he has become so one dimensional is there is no one else in his camp to have scenes with thus the only times we really see him is when he is actively killing people or talking to the Lucy side people.  He needs an ally to share his thoughts and feelings with more and to show his human side.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, green said:

Jiya may be in training but like was explained when she started it would take a good 6 months until she could complete her training. 

I'm actually surprised it only takes 6 months to train someone to fly a time machine. So time machine is pretty easy to fly comparing to planes huh? They should have trained more people in advance then. 

2 hours ago, waving feather said:

I'm actually surprised it only takes 6 months to train someone to fly a time machine. So time machine is pretty easy to fly comparing to planes huh? They should have trained more people in advance then. 

How could they?  The Government didn't even know that a working time machine existed until Flynn stole the mothership.

7 hours ago, DesertCyclist said:

My money's on Wyatt finally moving on soon and Lucy starting to develop feelings for him, only to have a wrench suddenly thrown into the works when a change in the past resurrects Wyatt's wife.

My money is on Wyatt and Lucy hooking up, only for Lucy to get busted by her mother about that pesky little fiancé that Lucy forgot she had.

3 hours ago, waving feather said:

Flying a plane is actually pretty easy, you can teach someone to fly a plane in like a day. Flight school is mostly about teaching regulations, how to navigate and accumulating flight hours for experience. A helicopter is a different story and that takes little longer to teach someone to take a dynamically unstable machine that's trying to spin on three axes and keep it level, which is what I imagine the time machine is like. So six months works for me.

• Love 1
On 2/6/2017 at 8:15 PM, KaveDweller said:

I can't believe no one on the show thought that maybe Rittenhouse killed Wyatt's wife. I felt really bad for him when he said he thought fate/God just wanted the person he loves to be dead. How depressing is that?

My theory is that Flynn killed her, for yet another murky reason.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:33 PM, kav said:

So can she change what is in the 1st journal?  Is whatever she writes automatically appear in Flynn's journal?

Oh, I like that idea.

On 2/7/2017 at 4:39 AM, Randomosity said:

...so somewhere in the two lefts, freeway, roundabouts, National Park whatnot, and throwing a black bag over his head, the police/military-types let Wyatt stop at home to grab a new outfit? Go shopping for a broody black button up and leather jacket?

Shouldn't he still have been in his awesomely acid-washed 80s garb for this entire episode?

Good catch!

On 2/7/2017 at 9:54 AM, tennisgurl said:

Damn it show, if you want me to want Wyatt around, don't show that his replacement is all around better, more competent, and more focused, than kill him off! What is even the hell? I like Wyatt, in general. As a character, I think he's fine. But, he REALLY sucks at his job, and his obsession with Jessica is boring and painfully clichéd.

I just do not care AT ALL about Rittenhouse. The season is almost over, and I still have no idea who they are, what their deal is, or why we should hate them so much! Lucy's dad even addressed the whole "your founder is an evil racist sexist asshole" by being like "it was the colonial era, we`ve evolved since then", so then what have we seen them actually do? The founder was a jerk, we addressed that, and they threatened Rufus but have never done anything, despite Rufus clearly not following their instructions, and they pressured Charles Lindbergh into acting like an asshole in the future. Everything else, we know from Flynn, who I don't exactly trust, being a murderous asshole and all. What is their purpose? Why should we root for Flynn over them? Why are they so evil, supposedly?

I liked Bam Bam so much I thought, wait - maybe he's Rittenhouse and they're tricking us. And then he died. RIP BamBam. Personally, I thought BB had more charisma and chemistry in those ten minutes than Wyatt has ever had (and I don't dislike Wyatt - I'm just saying BB worked for me.)

On 2/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, snarktini said:

Was annoyed with Lucy in the scene with her Rittenhouse father. I get that she was emotional, but it really would have been a hell of a lot smarter to ask him some questions. She barked at him that she knew all about Rittenhouse when she really doesn't. (As he noted.) Why waste an opportunity to learn what they're up against? 

If you don't care about getting info for your team's sake, then at least do it for the viewers, Lucy!

Exactly. So, everyone runs away when they find out, but then they come back because "blood is blood." BS. The secret of Rittenshouse's actions is so bad that everyone runs away from it, but then acceptable enough that they come back and embrace it? I'm not sure the writers can come up with something convincing enough. (btw, did anyone else think about the woman in the Watergate episode who was born into Rittenhouse - the one they helped run away? Given Lucy's biodad's statement, I wonder if she came back into the fold.)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Lindbergh, Hemingway and Baker were phenomenal.  I looooooooved Hemingway.  That Rufus told him he was a jerk was amazing.  This is where Timeless excels, at least IMO.  Casting is stellar and little jabs like this are awesome. 

This is very much my favorite part of the show, and why I want it to continue. I love the historical characters and the actors they get to play them, and how it gives screen time to both classic famous people, as well as interesting historical figures that people don't know as much about (like Baker in this episode), and it lets our characters interact with them in fun ways.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Lucy was given a new, blank journal in this episode, what does that mean for the one Flynn already has?

It has to be that same as it always has, right? In the same vein as Lucy still having the locket with Amy's picture, despite her never having existed in the new timeline. Amy's photo exists even though she was never born. Flynn still has Lucy's journal (with words), even though she didn't write anything, because it's from a different timeline.

I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, everyone else.

• Love 1

I am a Wyatt fan and a Rufus fan.  I can be ambivalent about Lucy but usually I come around.  I don't like her when she is moping around with Mom and angsting over Dad.

And props to Wyatt.  I think he has really stepped up the past two episodes.

I like this show and think it is fun.  That is enough for me.

• Love 4

They could destroy one of the time machines - either the mother ship or the life boat - and take the other one back home.

But in the larger sense, where could the show go if they ever completed their mission and took Flynn down? Theoretically there would be no further reason for Lucy & Co. to do any more time traveling. It might be interesting if their time machine got broken and they just kept randomly traveling to different time periods trying to fix it so they could go home. It might be a little too "Lost in Space" but the show isn't exactly mired in originality or ambition as it is. 

5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Personally, I thought BB had more charisma and chemistry in those ten minutes than Wyatt has ever had (and I don't dislike Wyatt - I'm just saying BB worked for me.)

17 hours ago, possibilities said:

I completely agree with you both! I don't hate Wyatt, but he just doesn't work for me.