Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E09: The Comeback

I wanted them to bring back Tash for Cody just because of how cruel that would've been. 

Bye, Marissa.  You should've practiced the dance instead of cock-teasing thirsty Kyle.  

Cherish looked like a troll doll come to life.  Bwah at Law's drunk auntie description.  Drew with the, "I'm sexy!  But, no..". Double Bwah.  And she was trying to convince panel (and herself!) that she slayed.  The delusion is strong with that one.

Heartless Binta continuing to practice as Rescue rolled up didn't do her one bit of good.

Highly enjoyable episode.

• Love 13

I can't decide if Cherish is truly that delusional or if she's one of those who just tries to exude self-confidence because she has such low self-esteem. Either way, Girlfriend DID look like she was on something. Would've been painful if it hadn't been so damn funny. 

• Love 9

Why am I not surprised that Courtney stayed.  I'm almost convinced she will win this thing because of her face.  (Even though they keep saying you have to have more than just a pretty face.)  To me, her expression never changes.  It's almost like she's botoxed.  I'm really getting bored with her.

50 minutes ago, schroob said:

That video shoot wasn't Taylor Swift; it was pure Zoolander. Yikes.

I can't stand that style of dancing.  Turn left; roll your butt; turn right; roll your butt; stand in the middle; roll your butt and stick your hand out... Yech!

• Love 4

I hope the twins are just working on their storyline. If not, they both need some serious therapy! It's one thing to want to do your best, it's another to actively root against your own sister. This is some straight up "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" level psychosis. In 50 years we need to check back with them & see who is serving whom a dead parrot for lunch. I mean, damn! They just trod all over my twin sister fantasies--- you know, where you dress alike & have your own secret language & whatnot.

I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with Kyle. She could've practiced the entire night, but there was no way she was winning this challenge. Still, it would have left a good last impression if she had shown a strong work ethic. Instead, I'll just remember her for being horny. 

In contrast, Binta showed a strong work ethic even though it seemed rather callous. Working on the 8 count while the other poor girl is still collapsed on the floor--- that was too much! (OT but it reminded me of supermodel Nikki Taylor--- blonde, great teeth, a mole on her top lip. Back in the day Nikki's younger sister Krissy passed away---asthma, I think--- & Nikki famously turned up to her Cover Girl shoot about a week later.)

I forget her name now, but the lil Asian cutie that fainted--- she was the one I wanted to come back. She has so much potential, hopefully not being affiliated too much with the show will work in her favor.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5

I think there should be a  show with just Kyle dancing.  Think about it, you've had a shitty day at work, or feel like crap after tripping in front of all your co-workers.  You come home, turn on the TV, and there is Kyle, awkwardly writhing about in some motion that looks like it could be dancing and you automatically feel better about yourself.  Instant satisfaction.

In other news, please dance lady, do not encourage models to sing.  May I present Exhibit A

I'm tired of people singing who have no business singing.  Not everyone has to do everything.

• Love 13

Oh, and before I forget -- what kind of music video features a rap star not rapping?

Seriously -- did VH1 kidnap French Montana's family?  He has been making the most random appearances on a variety of VH1 shows and its just bizarre.

• Love 5

Justine is just as cute as she can be but her "fierce" face when they first revealed the ousted girls?  So Zoolander.  schroob, ain't never lie - - the whole affair was quite Zoolanderish. 

I hate Paige 's hair. It looks like she cut it herself.  Without a mirror.  With dull scissors.  But she has a great spirit (unlike Marissa's "dampered" one.)

Coryanne is one big yawn.  So is Courtney.  She so clearly tried her best to be upbeat and positive before her critique and Law still slammed her performance.  Love Law.   Breaking news:  did you all know she has a "metal spine"?!

• Love 7

So we've had two "party" challenges and two dance challenges. Way to keep it fresh, ANTM. I liked the idea of offering a comeback, I just wish it had been a modeling challenge, not a dance challenge so it would've been a more even playing field.

Glad Marissa's gone. She walked out of rehearsal, and instead of practicing, she spent the time having her ego stroked by Kyle. Then at the end she walks out saying she got cut because it was a dance challenge and she's proud of herself. No sweetie, you got cut because you didn't try, and you didn't try because you knew this challenge was something you couldn't win.

I didn't have a problem with Binta rehearsing while Justine was on the floor. Justine fainted. It wasn't cardiac arrest. Justine was awake, coherent, and drinking gatorade. There was nothing Binta could have or should have done to help her.  So why not practice when she knew she needed it? The show must go on.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I thought this was a modeling show. What happened to the modeling?

Seriously! My favorite part of this show has always been the pho-os but this season I feel like they are just instagram pics if anything.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Seriously! My favorite part of this show has always been the pho-os but this season I feel like they are just instagram pics if anything.

I'm always mesmerized by how a girl who looks like nothing much special IRL can have a spectacular photo.

• Love 9

This episode was worth watching JUST to see Marissa go home.  I could not stand her.  I was seriously celebrating that elimination.  About halfway through I broke down and checked the spoilers posted from the last episode.  I can not tell you how happy I was that prediction did not come though.  I kind of thought that Marissa would hang around endlessly for the drama, but since Tash came back, there was no further need for her.  Not thrilled with Tash being the comeback kid.  I would have rather seen Giah or Justine, like others.  The twins remind me of Kendall from C15.  Just older.  ANTM answered the question of "will they ever have twins on again?" in the affirmative, however they will never hold a candle to Amanda and Michelle (C7).  Sorry.  Did Binta turn her dress from last week into a crop top, or was that a whole new outfit?  @RealReality, thanks for that flashback post, I still remember those poor girls from C2 having to participate in that.  Also, VH1 has a bad habit of people just cycling (no pun intended) from show to show with the thinnest of pretenses.  Remember the daisy chain that was Rock Of Love/Flavor Of Love/Charm School, etc., etc.?  Those were good times, those shows.  I unapologetically miss them.  I don't know what to say about Courtney.  She gets a LOT of air time, so I'm thinking top three but I'm at the point where I hope she doesn't win.  Team India!!!!!!  I said it before, she moves very well.

1 minute ago, dleighg said:

I'm always mesmerized by how a girl who looks like nothing much special IRL can have a spectacular photo.

Makeup applied with a trowel.  You see some of these girls at judging over the years and it can literally flatten you how different they look.  I'm no oil painting myself, but I'm also not trying to break into an industry that has mad emphasis on the physical.

• Love 4

This episode had some of hilarious moments. Marissa crying while saying that Courtney had a pole for spine and still doing better than her was funny only topped by Binta dancing alone in front of the mirror while everyone was helping Justine and ending with Cherish acting drunk during the video shoot.

Aside from that eh. I, too would have preferred if Giah or Justine had come back but eh, it is what it is. I did find amusing how Cody is not here for Tash returning. I don't think either of them is staying that long anyway.

And good god I don't know what was cheaper, this video or the ones they shot during the British Invasion cycle.

Edited by Saintz
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Saintz said:

And good god I don't know what was cheaper, this video or the ones they shot during the British Invasion cycle.

Awww, see, I have fond memories of all the video shoots.  UK was by far the best, even if it was cheap!  I think the problem lay with the cringeworthy lyrics.  I also adore the All Stars videos.  I know, I know.  But at least they gave up on making them sing........judges will go on and on about the expense of retouching and Photoshop, but I've got to wonder what Autotune costs.  And I almost wish Cherish had come back instead of Tash, if just to see how out of control she could be if turned loose once again.

• Love 2

Thank goodness they put Marissa out of her misery.  Yes, we get it, you're there to model and not be a video vixen especially since while one video should be expected since ANTM has been doing them since nearly the beginning, two is probably over the top.  But regardless, she should have sucked it up and done her work.  Besides, I think the judges had a bigger problem with her angry/checked-out face than her lack of dance moves.

Would have preferred Giah  or even Binta back (never seen the big deal over Justine).  Cherish is still as delusional as ever.  Really don't care about the twin drama and don't get why TPTB seem so enamored.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Saintz said:

This episode had some of hilarious moments. Marissa crying while saying that Courtney had a pole for spine and still doing better than her was funny only topped by Binta dancing alone in front of the mirror while everyone was helping Justine and ending with Cherish acting drunk during the video shoot.

Also when Justine was lying on the ground one girl sort of circled around looking down at her. It reminded me of how I imagine one of my cats would react if another one was lying dead on the ground. Like, "hmmm that's odd. Oh well."

• Love 10

Giah lost me with her "I prayed for Justine to be okay, and I prayed and what do you know, she was okay!" Yes, Giah, I'm sure it was your praying, and not the medics. Ugggggghhh, GTFO with that shizzle. Giah, can you also pray for our whole country since you have magical prayer abilities?

• Love 14

I don't see how Giah praying is offensive to anyone. That's her beliefs and she didn't force anyone else to pray.

I thought Coryanne had the best video clip. I love that shot of her posing before stalking off. And she had the best outfit. 

I can't help but like Courtney. Her awkwardness is endearing but sometimes she says things in a flippant way that could rub people the wrong way. She seems to be working on it though.

So was Tash always the more out-going and popular twin? Is that where the inferiority complex was coming from? But it didn't seem like Tash was particularly bothered by Cody's attitude towards her. Maybe they have had that dynamic for a long time.

Justine is super cute, but not a model. With her fresh face, she could consider going into acting.

Kyle is so thirsty all the time. And for Marissa of all people!

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Saintz said:

That was just gold.  A picture worth ten thousand words.  In the foreground you have the drama of a girl going through a medical emergency surrounded by worriers...and in the background, Binta dancing for herself in front of a mirror.  So priceless.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, sourpickles said:

Makeup applied with a trowel.  You see some of these girls at judging over the years and it can literally flatten you how different they look.  

I worked as a dresser at a local fashion show about 25 years ago. It was a small event but the ladies were all working professional models. I was amazed at how ordinary these ladies were without make-up.  But, they were all super thin and could walk their butts off! But, that was when I learned the magic of makeup!

• Love 1

I liked Cody sooooo much better without Tash, and I think she benefitted from not having her twin there, but it was obvious that Tash would be the one back in.  And she deserved it because she was better than any of the other eliminated contestants, and also better than most of the non-eliminated ones as well.

• Love 2

I really liked Giah and would have liked to see her back. Oh well.

Was Cherish always that full of herself? I almost chocked on the delusions. It was kinda funny.

India was pretty much non existent in this episode and then she wins best video. Good for her!

Bye Marissa!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, waving feather said:

I don't see how Giah praying is offensive to anyone. That's her beliefs and she didn't force anyone else to pray.

I was a little bugged by her certainty that God had made Justine be okay because she had prayed for it to happen, but since Giah otherwise seemed to be a very nice person, and because she didn't spend her whole time on the show God-bothering, I had no trouble letting it go.  I would've preferred her coming back to Tash's coming back.

Edited to note that I realize praying is a personal thing for some people, and something they do all the time, and that's fine.  (I also realize the producers are the ones who choose what clips to include in the show.)  It's the ones who do it non-stop for trivial things or who get so self-righteous about it who annoy the crap out of me.  Giah did not seem like that kind of person.  Unlike, say, Robyn from Cycle 1.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, dleighg said:

We're battling it out in "this super cool underground parking garage" said no one, ever.

Except Michael Jackson in "Beat It." Too bad French "I'll appear on any reality show" Montana couldn't pull it off with a bedazzled tote bag.

Over the spiteful twin drama, glad Marisa left but they could've dragged her further knowing she wouldn't win in order to eliminate someone else I dislike more like one trick pony Courtney or bad weave Cody or dead faced spoiled Coreyanne. 

I was happy that Kyle was at least realistic enough to know she didn't stand a chance. I knew Binta also didn't have a shot. In an industry where the "other" has to fit a trope (black barbie Iman/Beverly Johnson/Naomi Campbell or exotic dark bald beauty Alek Wek), she was sorely lacking...just like Kyle will never be the hot androgynous model. Both are too awkward and dull. 

I wouldn't have minded Justine coming back, or even Giah, even though I know they'd never win, especially Giah. 

I will never get enough of Drew dragging Courtney. You're so broke and homeless but have brand new (poser) $170 Doc Martens on? I'm so sick of her poor me routine. 

I can't stand Rita Ora and hope she gets replaced by someone with some real cache if they pick this up for another season. I'd take Ashley (or another real model) or at least someone peripherally in the industry who has recognition.

I miss the days of real modeling challenges. Walking, pictures, etc. These girls with their 50k IG followers will never beat the nepotism babies (Jenner, Hadids, DeLevigne) but at least choose girls that are actually capable of modeling.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 6

I don't see how Giah praying is offensive to anyone. That's her beliefs and she didn't force anyone else to pray.

I didn't find it offensive, but I find the logic of it interesting from an academic perspective. By the time Giah started praying, what had happened to Justine had already happened. At that point wasn't it too late to pray for it to be something different than what it was? Unless Giah believes that prayer can undo a terrible event (i.e. a heart attack, aneurysm, etc.) and make into something else (i.e. fainting, dehydration.) Maybe she does believe that. I guess that's her faith. (shrugs) To each her own.

I noticed that Giah called Justine her best friend. How long had they been together in elimination exile at that point? Three weeks?

Kyle is so thirsty all the time. And for Marissa of all people!

You know Kyle was doing her own little prayer, hoping that Marissa would be eliminated so the two of them would be stuck in seclusion together until the winner is announced. I wonder if Marissa continued to give Kyle the time of day once that relationship served no purpose as far as additional camera time for Marissa.

Looking at the photo gallery, I have to say the costuming options were really uneven. Some of the girls got really intricate, fierce outfits. Other outfits looked the the designer ran out of creative gas and just couldn't think of enough options. When all else fails, wrap the model in fishnet! Binta got the worst outfit of them all. Between this week and last week, it does seem they were determined to make her look a fool.

Some girls have a face that can take a lot of makeup (India) and some can't (Cherish). Cherish was also not helped by that Walk of Shame hairstyling.

Binta.jpg

Cherish.jpg

• Love 1

@sleepyjean I totally agree that hints that the challenges are kinda rigged in some ways.  For example, certain girls get to pose in the private jet, those were the favorites.  The lesser favored girls had to try to make something happen on a stairway with a blank background.

In this challenge some girls had really cool outfits and binta was in some fishnet.

What annoys me is that someone like Marissa ALWAYS got preference.  She posed in the plane, she got one of THE best outfits for the video and she still managed to complain.  Even in the Stacey McKenzie dance challenge, she had one of the better outfits, form fitting and cute with a cowboy hat and not some grimace hair face covering.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

What annoys me is that someone like Marissa ALWAYS got preference.

True, and it's kind of funny that, even with all the advantages she was still too spoiled and self involved to make it work.

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Some girls have a face that can take a lot of makeup (India) and some can't (Cherish).

That is so very true, because when Cherish isn't made up I can kind of see something there but OMG when they stick her in makeup she looks ridiculous. Of course the over posing and duck lips don't help. Honey, real models don't do duck lips, only Instagram/chive girls think that's attractive. Go back to the internet where you belong.

I would have preferred Giah come back, I would have liked more chance to see what she could do, but Tash did do the best I suppose. ugh, though on the twin drama. I'll probably end up going back to not liking Cody since I didn't like her until after her sister left.

• Love 3

Cherish is really delusional, but it's actually pretty funny. I cracked up when Law said she looked like a "drunk auntie with a cigarette."

I didn't really have a favorite to come back, but I suppose it was fair that Tash came back because she did the best.

I wasn't a fan of Marissa's so not sad to see her go. 

My favorites at this point are Paige and India. They're great models and they seem really nice too.

• Love 5

LOL the "music video" is truly cheesy but also fun for me if only because it reminds me of early Spice Girls videos with the bad choreographed dancing, rainbow-brite hair extensions and high platform heels. Paige was giving me Baby Spice realness, and India was Sporty Spice with crazy purple hair.

Poor Giah. She should've been given the comeback spot just for working it out in that giant fur hat and coat.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, waving feather said:

I can't help but like Courtney.

. . . Why?  She's not liked by anyone in that house except maybe Paige and is obviously not going to win.

I would've liked Giah, Justine, or Krislian to come back.  Behind Tash, I think they all did the best jobs with the video.

Well, like someone above said, this was worth it to see Marissa go home.  She'd shown hints of her true colors since her first blowup at Courtney, but in Kyle's boot episode, they came out in all of their glory.  I'm not at all sad to see her go.  Between her going in this episode and Binta in Monday's, all we need is Courtney's ouster, and I'll be content.  Especially with her very clearly seeming like the weakest of the girls left.

• Love 2

Poor Justine. I'd hoped she'd come back from the hospital and magically kill it in the video. But Tash really did do well; she deserved it.

Really glad to see India do well again, although to be fair she (like some others, Cody...) was helped by the styling and the awesome glitter lip. Meanwhile, others looked horrible with their styling. Coryanne looked like she was in a plain bikini and a ratty old bathrobe.

• Love 3

I just skip straight to the end now, to see the photos and find out who gets eliminated.   I have to tell you, based on those last 15 minutes, this thing is really off the rails. 

Kyle had a pretty good point when she said, "I resent getting kicked off because I can't hip-hop dance, and then being brought back to hip-hop dance."

And THEN Rita Whatshername flat out says:  "Courtney, you were in the bottom two last week because of your attitude."

AND THEN, Eliminated Girl chirps, "Well, it sucks to leave, but at least it doesn't have anything to do with whether I'm a good model!"

• Love 1

Something just occurred to me.

It was obvious that Rita was calling the girls still in the competition in the order the judges decided they'd placed in the video shoot.  But if the order of the eliminated girls was what I thought it was and she was actually going from worst to best to build the tension of who was coming back, then that means that Cherish, who was called first, had to be worse than Kyle, which was quite an accomplishment.  So I guess Kyle can at least feel good that she actually wasn't the worst, for a change.

Though I'm actually surprised that Binta was deemed better than Justine, if that was the case, because I thought Justine was miles better than Binta.

Edited by Jabu
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, candall said:

I just skip straight to the end now, to see the photos and find out who gets eliminated.   I have to tell you, based on those last 15 minutes, this thing is really off the rails. 

Kyle had a pretty good point when she said, "I resent getting kicked off because I can't hip-hop dance, and then being brought back to hip-hop dance."

And THEN Rita Whatshername flat out says:  "Courtney, you were in the bottom two last week because of your attitude."

AND THEN, Eliminated Girl chirps, "Well, it sucks to leave, but at least it doesn't have anything to do with whether I'm a good model!"

If I never hear the words "boss," or "lady boss" again it won't be too soon.

I fundamentally disagree with the notion that everyone has to do everything.  Sometimes a girl can just focus and become the best model she can be.  Instead of doing 10 things halfass because she has to be a "boss"

I agreed with Kyle and I don't understand why the comeback challenge couldn't be something where they were all on equal footing.  Paige is always going to have the upper hand due to her background.  And Kyle is always going to embarass herself.

I always feel like eliminated girl always gives a plucky "this isn't the last you've seen of [insert name here]!" Like some cartoon villain.  And I'm like, "girl it probably is unless you get cast on project runway, or celebrity rehab....i don't keep up with fashion, but I love me some trashy reality tv"

• Love 5

I finally got to watch this, and I loved it.  

The video reminded me of...

And while I liked legitimately the first time around, this time she just reminded me of Amy Pohler on SNL, the character with one leg, as in the clip below.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/americas-next-top-model/2860916

All in all, pretty good episode.  I wonder how pissed Marissa is that she studied reality tv so well and got booted on an irrelevant challenge.

Edited by phoenix780

I wouldn't blame Marissa for being pissed at her elimination.  She's right that it's supposed to be a modelling competition, not a dance competition with multiple dancing challenges.  And she had to deal with being stalked by Kyle, who doesn't seem to understand that giving someone space actually means, you know, staying away from them.