Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Panel Members

I loved Paul Scheer before this anyway, but I extra love him on this. Whenever he genuinely cracks up at something, it makes me laugh even harder. And when he has an off-the-cuff reaction, no matter how minimal, they're fantastic - his confused/skeptical "What, higher?" when someone in the audience told him to bid higher on the Fonzoe head was hysterical.

Funches and Ian Karmel had a hilarious joint appearance on Conan on Thursday Nov 19. Funches had the sit down interview, and then they followed up with Karmel getting the stand-up spot. Funches and Karmel are close friends though (Funches allegedly sleeps on his couch a lot--a weird revelation that the better employed of them does that to the less employed one), and stayed on set with Conan and Andy during Karmel's set, and predictably that turned into half of Karmel's routine being back and forth with Funches. http://teamcoco.comhas the whole thing up there with a little searching.

Ian moved to LA before Funches, they have been friends since they lived in Portland, and when they were about the same level of success, so I didn't think there was so that didn't seem odd at all.

All I can say is a LOT of doobies are no doubt passed around that apartment.

I just bought tickets for what has to be one of the best-named comedy shows of all time: Brunches with Funches. Yes, it's an 11 AM show at Cobb's Comedy Club in San Francisco starring Ron Funches. The other comics on the bill are Drennon Davis, Joe DeRosa and Maggie Maye. (For what it's worth, I'm skipping the brunch -- which costs an extra $35 -- and plan to eat at Rico's, the fantastic Mexican place a couple doors down, after the show.)

• Love 1

I just bought tickets for what has to be one of the best-named comedy shows of all time: Brunches with Funches. Yes, it's an 11 AM show at Cobb's Comedy Club in San Francisco starring Ron Funches. The other comics on the bill are Drennon Davis, Joe DeRosa and Maggie Maye. (For what it's worth, I'm skipping the brunch -- which costs an extra $35 -- and plan to eat at Rico's, the fantastic Mexican place a couple doors down, after the show.)

Hah. After "Bunches of Funches" was used on @midnight itself, and now this, I think someone owes us some royalties (I'm almost certain we came up with the Bunches of Funches thing first)!

Ah well. Ron's a good guy. I think we can forgive him (just not Hardwick!)

I think my ultimate panel would be Greg Proops, Tom Lennon, and either Ron Funches or Natasha Leggero.

Ron Funches, Rhys Darby, Tim Minchin (even though he was only on once), Paul F. Thompkins, Scott Aukerman, Tom Lennon, Greg Proops and Hannibal Burress.

I would remove Greg Poops--I don't like comedians (or people, really) who think they're the smartest person in the room and act accordingly *cough* Dennis Miller

I also like Scott Agee. His dry line delivery is hilarious. 

And this is an UO, but Ron Funches isn't one of my favorites. His jokes are funny, but his constant laughter is distracting. 

My three Favorite Panel Members are Ron Funches, Nikki Glaser and Doug Benson. All incredibly funny.

I sometimes get a little frustrated with Benson because he "cheats" in my mind by throwing references to an earlier joke so his fans will cheer. Even funnier is that you can tell by his face that Hardwick absolutely *hates* it.  

Honorary mention to Jim Jefferies for this line: "'I cut myself on my emmy.' That's a real first world problem, Chris. You know somewhere in Africa there's a guy going 'my AIDS gave me AIDS.'"

For the record I don't dislike Hardwick, but it is fun to watch him bristle at some things.

My three Favorite Panel Members are Ron Funches, Nikki Glaser and Doug Benson. All incredibly funny.

I sometimes get a little frustrated with Benson because he "cheats" in my mind by throwing references to an earlier joke so his fans will cheer. Even funnier is that you can tell by his face that Hardwick absolutely *hates* it.  

Honorary mention to Jim Jefferies for this line: "'I cut myself on my emmy.' That's a real first world problem, Chris. You know somewhere in Africa there's a guy going 'my AIDS gave me AIDS.'"

Chris may be annoyed because Doug is probably doing it on purpose to mess with them being able to edit the show. If he keeps referring to earlier stuff they have to show it all, and I can definitely see Doug finding that hilarious.

I like all 4 you mentioned. One I would add is Jen Kirkman. Sometimes she's a little better than other times but I always like her when she's on.

Chris and Doug have been close friends for a gazillion years, so long ago it was before Chris quit drinking sand Doug even started smoking pot. I always find his faces show that he is delighted by Doug.

And that's why I pointed out I don't dislike Hardwick. I didn't explain it right but you are correct that it's a look of love/exasperation not one of hatred. 

I like all 4 you mentioned. One I would add is Jen Kirkman. Sometimes she's a little better than other times but I always like her when she's on.

I have such a crush on Kirkman. Funny + hot = patternrec kryptonite

Did anybody watch Nikki Glaser's new show? I'm admittedly burned out on sex and penis/vagina/anus jokes, stemming directly from their overuse on @midnight, but it was truly awful.

My life was not missing another half hour of sex talk, the filthier the "funnier." Watching Nikki interact with naked men in photo shoots in order to stage more artistic dick pics for them? Did not elicit a smile. Nor did her chatting with other comics about their sex lives. That segment even managed to make Funches seem smarmy. And is there a clamoring for details about where Doug Benson like to stick his dick?

Mazel tov to Nikki and viewers who enjoyed it, but ugh for me.

I watched it -- the dick pic thing was idiotic, but I have to admit I chuckled at the strip-club cash cab segment where none of the men could name a single living woman over 50 besides Hillary Clinton. And no, I don't want the image of Doug Benson having sex in my mind, ever. (Did enjoy the fun fact that Ron Funches had a threesome the day his divorce was finalized.)

Funchie (what I call him to myself, rhymes with crunchy and scrunchie) is doing a commercial for "getschooled.com" which seems to be about helping kids get into college when they don't really know the way the system works. It seems like a cool idea.

He mostly lounges around snacking in the background, and occasionally looms closer when the kid in the ad starts to make a bad decision. He doesn't look threatening, just vigilantly remind-y. It's kind of strange because the main "adult guidance person" in the ad is someone else. But for some reason they wanted Funchie in there, even if he has hardly any lines and the other guy talks a lot and does most of the work. Nice to see him, though I wish he was the main guy, not just the guy in the background for extra emphasis.