Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/30/2017

Jaded
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, rallymantis said:

Rallymantis, at your service.

I don't often agree with Jedidiah (dumb decision to leave Red Eye for this hen party), but as re: Yates: Her job is to defend government policy. If she doesn’t want to, that’s fine. But then she can’t have that job.

And Whoopi! "Al-Qaeda"?  What, the "Hitler!" accusation been done to death?  You're better than that.  Because throwing acid in a schoolgirl's face, and proposing federal funding be cut from Planned Parenthood: NOT the same thing.

Agree with that. the more we make outrageous claims the more we open ourselves up to not being taken serious. Plenty of easy ways to criticize Trump while not giving our opposition any room to not take us seriously. 

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't know.  Tamron was so goofy on the Today Show that she's kind of hard to take seriously sometimes.  I'd see her acting the fool on The Today Show and then see her anchoring the evening news and it was strange seeing her in an adult, professional capacity.  There was something off putting about her in the dual roles.

That sounds like a description of Meredith. She was pretty serious as a correspondent at 60 minutes and then really came out as goofy and silly on the View and carried it nicely to Today but she maintained a more level headed journalistic approach to moderating when it was needed. Again not saying Tamron is the best but I think she would fit nicely. and I'm sure ABC would have other roles she could sub in for/do as well. Paula, Sara, and Sunny have multiple roles at ABC. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 2

Whoopi is an idiot. When Joy says the ones causing violence at Berkeley are outside agitators, Whoops responds that whether you are protestors or outside agitators "you're not helping." Duh, that's the point - to discredit the actual protestors. The outside agitators wearing masks and carrying crowbars are not real protestors. They're being paid to cause damage to property and damage to the protestors' cause. 

• Love 10

Airhead Sara was really was really getting on my nerves during the Dr Phil segment/show promo .

Why does she always act like a cutesy 23 year old? She is almost 40 and needs to grow up.

Gosh, enough is enough.

• Love 4

Hi everyone. I know this show and the climate has made things more tense. I'd like to remind everyone to be civil and not generalize about groups of people. Some of the posts and tone in the last couple weeks have been too heated and overtly political. It is the nature of the show's hot topics, but please remember this is a forum to snark about the The View and not about politics. Thank you.

• Love 2

I agree with Bmarsh that Tamron Hall ( let go by NBC after ten years & replaced by Megan Kelly)  would be a great addition to the panel on "The View."  Since NBC execs rudely pushed Tamron out, refusing even to allow her to give her fans a proper on-air goodbye, I have no further reason to watch "Today."

• Love 5

Why is Megyn Kelly going to NBC? let her stay at Fox News. I bet you, she will become a bleeding heart liberal, to achieve her goals. Unbelievable!

Why does Jed always have to talk and talk and talk. I hate it when Whoopie does it, but, at least, Whoopie has paid her dues on the show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Whoopi is an idiot. When Joy says the ones causing violence at Berkeley are outside agitators, Whoops responds that whether you are protestors or outside agitators "you're not helping." Duh, that's the point - to discredit the actual protestors. The outside agitators wearing masks and carrying crowbars are not real protestors. They're being paid to cause damage to property and damage to the protestors' cause. 

The old Jedidiah would've asked why these "outside agitators" never showed at a Tea Party rally.

I don't think that Tamron Hall is a good replacement at all because when I used to watch the Today show - before Matt was so obnoxious to Hillary - I was struck on a few occasions, how uninformed she was and there was one incident in particular, and I don't recall it word for word, but the gist of it was that it was something that, let's say, a fourth grader would know and Tamron didn't. She came across as being very stunned and I wondered how she managed to get on a show like Today.

I wish Dr. Phil would ditch the Jerry Springer/Maury Povitch vibe that his show has somehow acquired through the years. He used to feature topical and interesting guests. Now? It's a never ending parade of white trash who can't; stay out jail, move out of their parents' basement, keep a job, stop fornicating with anyone who smiles at them and prevent pregnancies with men who are more like jailers than soul mates. 

• Love 6

Somebody please tell the View crew that hate speech is not free speech. Also JediCovertRepublican likes some of what trump has done. What are those things? The stupid wall, the Muslim ban, the various international "diplomacy" incidents, or the botched Yemen raid they refused talk about today?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Somebody please tell the View crew that hate speech is not free speech.

Joy tried to make that point, but Whoopi wouldn't be quiet long enough. It's funny where the line has suddenly been re-drawn; hate speech would normally disqualify you for any job or speaking engagement, and now it's absolutely normal and okay again.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy tried to make that point, but Whoopi wouldn't be quiet long enough. It's funny where the line has suddenly been re-drawn; hate speech would normally disqualify you for any job or speaking engagement, and now it's absolutely normal and okay again.

Whoopi was sooo annoying during that discussion.   She just shouting and repeating herself.  Is there a reason they cannot just speak like normal people?

• Love 3

This thread is going to be locked for 24h. We have had to remove a number of posts this week. Please watch your tone with each other and remember this is not a political news site. You can take an early weekend from The View. Posting about tomorrow's episode in other threads on this forum is also not allowed until the time is up. Take a breather please. Thank you.

• Love 4

Knock, knock. Anyone home?

Watched today. Reminded that I haven't missed Paula at all. Loved DeNiro. His subtle snub of Jason Biggs was amusing. Don't think I've seen DeNiro so responsive to interviewers... well, except for Jason Biggs.

Week's takeaways:

• Thanks to Carla from The Chew, I now know how to quickly melt my cheese on a burger.
  • Only so many times to say what a sorry POTUS Trump is before becoming repetitive. But, necessary.
  • Whoopi would make some good points if she could articulate them better.
  • I like Sarah. Seems genuine, and she fills a needed niche for me. I don't find her dumb, just less committed to exhibiting alpha behavior.
  • Jedi. For awhile her sense of humor in responding to panel's reactions to her contrary comments allowed her some slack with me. But this week...

Keep up the fight View ladies, this Trump clusterf**k (tm Jon Stewart) has only just begun.

• Love 8

Boy...Mr. DeNiro doesn't like to talk about himself now, does he? The food looked amazing - I love The Chew - but otherwise I found it kind of a nothing show. Blah. Although it was very, very nice not have Jed there so I'm thankful for that!

Closing out the week with Jason Biggs? Um...no comment.

Paula looked good. I hope they have better things lined up for next week.

• Love 3

I was shock to see Paula and I did not miss her at all.  I would take her back, if it meant that Jedidblabla was off the show.

Guy day Friday is  unnecessary.

Deniro is so endearing and his contempt for Blotus  made me smile.  Paula had a dour look on her face, as he was lambasting him.

• Love 10

Friday was nice without Airhead Sara and Jediblahblah.

I won't be able to tolerate Airhead Sara's "cutesy 22 year old" Super Bowl coverage on Monday. I can envision it now!!

Guy Day Friday needs to go the way of "what the hell Wednesday". And it needs to end quickly.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, it did, because I wasn't aware of it.

If there is no other liquid in pan say with scrambled eggs or omelet  put a drop of water in before putting  lid  on. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Friday was nice without Airhead Sara and Jediblahblah.

It made me realize I did not miss Sara at all. I was flabbergasted to see Paula (with a bad shade of lipstick, I might add). Paula's bad, but I'd take her over Jedi any day of the year. I like my poison a little less rancid.

Although, I had to laugh when Paula made sure to say she couldn't bet because SHE's A JOURNALIST YOU GUYS and I could hear the sound of Whoopi snarling before the camera even showed her again. lol

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It made me realize I did not miss Sara at all. I was flabbergasted to see Paula (with a bad shade of lipstick, I might add). Paula's bad, but I'd take her over Jedi any day of the year. I like my poison a little less rancid.

Although, I had to laugh when Paula made sure to say she couldn't bet because SHE's A JOURNALIST YOU GUYS and I could hear the sound of Whoopi snarling before the camera even showed her again. lol

Whoopie hates Paula. Paula challenged Whoopie, whereas, Jed does not come for Whoopie, in the same way that Paula did...lol  Paula used to get under Whoopie's skin. She used to lose her mind..

• Love 4

It was nice to have a Jed free day. I have never disliked a host as much as I dislike her. I'm guessing that Paula is now more of a "backup" host for when they're short a host. 

I hate the whole "guy day Fridays" thing. The whole way they talk about it in the commercials like they're headed to Chippendales is obnoxious and then they come out with Jason Biggs. 

• Love 3

Thank you SunFun, I agree 100%!  I like Sarah too. I have followed her career ever since GMA and frankly I havent really been able to watch the GMA weekend since she left.  I cant take Paula, no offense to her, but she tries too hard, whereas Sarah is just naturally witty.  I miss the interaction with her and Dan. Too dam funny.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, ginger90 said:

This show for women is teaching how to melt cheese! Sorry I missed that.

It was epic.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, it did, because I wasn't aware of it.

Now permanently incorporated into my life. Love useful tidbits of info.