Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Legion Of Doom

• Start Topic

A quick question for those of you who ( like me) don't watch Arrow: do you feel you got a decent feel for the characters of Malcolm and Damien from this episode? This question came from a podcast I listen to.

I didn't watch Arrow until this year, and the only time I've seen these characters is on this show or if they happened to be on Flash. That said, I did watch the episodes of Arrow last year that were involved in crossovers. I wouldn't say I have an understanding as great as those who've been there since the beginning, but I think I have the gist of who these guys are and I don't feel as though I'm left behind somehow or that some thing's lacking. The interplay between Dhark and Merlyn was enjoyable even without knowledge of their previous history.

• Love 1
Just now, MarkHB said:

A quick question for those of you who ( like me) don't watch Arrow: do you feel you got a decent feel for the characters of Malcolm and Damien from this episode? This question came from a podcast I listen to.

Yes.  I have to say that the incorporation of Thawne, Dhark and Merlin was done a lot better than the crossover.  I don't know (and don't care) what they did in other parts of the Flarrowverse -- this episode explained their motives nicely.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, zannej said:

But weren't they able to take the time bubble and travel to 2025 all on their own while Thawne was off avoiding Black Flash? I can't remember if they returned to base and then went back though. I'll have to watch again. But it seems like they could conceivably use the time bubble on their own (unless Thawne is the one who input the parameters for them to travel).

It looks like they can use it on their own. Eobard basically ordered them both to take it to 2025 just before he zipped off. Unless, as you suggested, he has the keys and confiscates them if the other boys are naughty :D

8 hours ago, zannej said:

Speaking of the time bubble-- it only has one chair so how are they handling that? I don't think Malcolm would be sitting on Damien's lap...

Now there's a mental image that'll last me all week. 

There needs to be a bonus DVD extra showing the three of them trying to cram themselves into the Time Sphere and arguing bitterly over who gets the seat this time. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, squidprincess said:

Well, at least Phil is kind of scrawny.  It might have been a lot harder to fit him, Darhk and Merlyn in that thing if Rip Hunter had been played by Routh or Purcell.

Taking this over to the Villains thread as it's getting more general  :)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I haven't watched Arrow very regularly since late S3, although I do read recaps (so I've seen Malcolm but not much of Darhk before. I think you get a decent impression of both of them from this episode. In fact I vastly prefer this Malcolm to whatever the hell his plan was in S3 of Arrow. I really liked that you got the feel for the differences between the 3 of them and what they want and how they are willing to go about getting it.

I knew I was going to enjoy it from the moment I heard "My name is DD and I was murdered by GA." I liked that they gave a "plausible" explanation for how RF ended up both in existence and why he would need "henchmen" and I loved seeing him terrified for once. The whole set up with them fighting, distrusting and then coming together to achieve their goals (like heroes!) was a lot of fun to watch.

• Love 3