Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: The Seven Year Itch

Nick and Hank join Wu to investigate a bizarre murder in a local park. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard continues to deal with a ghost from his past. Meanwhile, Monroe and Rosalee visit the doctor to see if Diana's premonition is true. Back at the loft, Adalind finds a very weak Eve in the tunnels and mysterious drawings scrawled on the walls.

I loved how calm the lady Wesen was at the end.   Oh hi, Mr. Grimm.   No freak out.   Then complaining about how hard it is to find a good man.

But oh good grief.   Damsel in Distress #2 call twu wuv at work to come home right away, because Damsel in Distress #1 has been found.   So Twu Wuv rushes home leaving a fucking murder investigation to wait.   Oh did I mention they had 24 hours to solve this one?  

The WOW was nice.   But it would have been nice for more story about why the guy kills,   The whole history of deaths in that park, etc.   But noooo, we had to have Haunted Renard (although shirtless was nice) and the love triangle all moving in to the factory together.   
  • Love 4

Definitely liked the twist at the end, she didn't need to be rescued after all. I wonder if her friend was Wesen also and if she suspected the guy when she left with him. Did like the throwaway comment, "oh you're the grimm"..and she wasn't scared of him so looks like other wesen are familiar with Nick. .

You know I don't really care about the writings on the wall. 

Adalind apologizes to JulieEve who looked quite uncomfortable.  

• Love 2

I absolutely loved the twist at the end, that was just perfect.

I find Meisner haunting Renard to be so entertaining. I love how snarky they are, I always enjoyed their friendship/partnership. I was very upset when Renard killed Meisner but, this is working for me. Plus I'm of the firm opinion that Renard should be shirtless every episode.

Was it me or did Silas/Monroe too thin? It was veey noticible in his face and I started to wonder if Silas was I'll.

I'm glad Adiland apologized to Eve/Juliette. Although, I'm not sure there's enough left of Juliette for it to matter. Of course Bitsie is so wooden I'm not sure what I was supposed to take away from that scene.

Diana continues to amuse and creep me out. I laughed at her line about Eve living in her bed now? Then she just walked across the screen and disappeared. That kid is just creepy.

I'm not sure what's going on with that stick and I kind of don't even care. I get that Nick is attached to it, probably even addicted to it. However, I'm not sure what is going on with Eve and the Stick.  Also tonight was the first time I've gotten a potential love triangle vibe with Adiland/Nick/Eve.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

I liked the ending too. A Wesen killing a Wesen for once. Nick gets a break. 

Renard getting haunted is becoming overkill and boring. 

I was hoping they would have made a bigger deal about Monroe and having triplets. That's a big deal! Instead it was: congrats, now help us with this WOW. 

• Love 1

That was a hell of the way to wrap up the Wesen of the week!  The actress did a great job with the material she was given, so I was glad that she ended up being the one take the Wesen down (even if she needed Nick, Hank, and Wu to keep him busy for a few seconds.)

So, I'm guessing everything with Renard means that Ghost Meisner actually was Ghost Meisner, and not just a hallucination?  And is Renard now trapped in his own mind a.k.a. that room at the end?  I have no idea what is going on here, except Ghost Meisner is still an awesome wiseass.

Monroe and Rosalee are having triplets!!

Everything involving the stick and the writings on the wall continue to be a dud.  There is just no urgency and intrigue over this, and it feels like its suppose to be a big driving point for what is going to be the final season.

Diana is still creepy.

Finally, I can't figure if Eve/Juliette is Eve or Juliette.  I had thought she was suppose to be Juliette again, but I could have sworn characters were calling her Eve.  Although, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

• Love 1

Probably the best episode of the season so far. 

I don't get how a cicada wesen is a cannibal, but whatever. The Hippo wesen twist was awesome. So does the guy still get to be immortal, without his head? 

Who among us DIDNT know that Monroe and Rosalie would be having triplets? 

We got a reset with Renard where he is back to using his phone and doing the shirtless rage thing. And I like shirtless Renard as much as the next gal, but it IS getting rather old to me. I want me some shirtless Meisner please! I'm interested to see how the show runners handle this  haunting/Psychosis of Renard.

womder if we will find out that the ME is Wesen? She's awfully calm about the weirdness of her findings. 

Snarky wiseass Meisner for the win !

• Love 4

That ending for the Wesen of the week was great. Funny and badass. Is this the first time the victim on the show saved herself/himself on this show? Why couldn't we have spent more time with the hippo Wesen instead of boring Eve dragging herself around?

The rest of the episode was forgettable. I'm starting to really hate the stick and the symbols, talk about dragged out plot lines! They just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. The stick is weird, the symbols are weird. Blah. Renard being shirtless again to distract everyone into not realizing the ghost plot is going no where fast. Writers we are on to you now!

The big arcs this season aren't working. This season should have been all Wesen of the week episodes and a 2 hour series finale, instead of being so dragged out.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1

Shirtless Renard never grows old for me. His new place is awesome, but that's a lot of glass. I hope he bought a lot of Windex!

Speaking of places to live, can't Nick and/or Adalind at least paint the walls of that dismal loft? Who would want to live there as it is?

Lady Hippo Wesen was awesome!

• Love 4
Just now, merylinkid said:
But oh good grief.   Damsel in Distress #2 call twu wuv at work to come home right away, because Damsel in Distress #1 has been found.   So Twu Wuv rushes home leaving a fucking murder investigation to wait.   Oh did I mention they had 24 hours to solve this one?    

That was so clumsily written.  "We only have 24 ho... what, Julieve's in the loft?  You don't need my help particularly, but it's not l;ike I'm doing anything important!"

Just now, neuromom said:

So does the guy still get to be immortal, without his head?

I would think not.  He didn't even get his snack anyway!

Just now, LittleIggy said:

1) Shirtless Renard never grows old for me. His new place is awesome, but that's a lot of glass. I hope he bought a lot of Windex!

2) Speaking of places to live, can't Nick and/or Adalind at least paint the walls of that dismal loft? Who would want to live there as it is?

3) Lady Hippo Wesen was awesome!

1) Can you say "fan service"? I knew you could!

2) Why is Nick still living in the loft?  There's no one to hide out from and Reynard knows where it is.

3) Yes, she was.  "Yeah, it was nice having a fantasy that someone loved me for me, but I could tell it was a load of crap.  CHOMP!"

• Love 3

They obviously have no idea what to do with JulieEve, if having her in the tunnel staring at her hand looking confused is the best they can come up with, just write her off already & put us out of your misery.

Renard's plot isn't interesting either, I don't care if he's being haunted.

At least the WOW was interesting, maybe they can put the hippo wesen together with Wu.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GaT said:

They obviously have no idea what to do with JulieEve, if having her in the tunnel staring at her hand looking confused is the best they can come up with, just write her off already & put us out of your misery.

Renard's plot isn't interesting either, I don't care if he's being haunted.

At least the WOW was interesting, maybe they can put the hippo wesen together with Wu.

This!  It is very clear that the show has no clue on what to do with Juliette/Eve or whatever name she's going by this week.  So, why not let her die in a hail of bullets during s5 and the stick could have been used to save Meisner's life?!

• Love 1

I found a lot enjoyable about this episode and hated all things creepy Diana and not needed Juliette/Eve.

My sexy pants Renard is being haunted by Meisner.  My poor Boo is going bonkers.  What I do love is the Captain is being forced to deal with siding with BC versus Adalind doing nasty shit and there NEVER being any long term consequences.  Creepy Diana should be dead and Frau Pech should be haunting Adalind.

This show drives me nuts.  The WoTW is the format that Grimm should have stuck with and the scenes with the Coroner were great.  I don't mind small peeks into the lives of the characters, but just like with L&O:SVU the main focus should be on the WoTW cases and whatever odd stuff that the Coroner tries to explain.  

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1

Aside from the "let's find the most absurd excuse possible to get Renard shirtless again", this was the second good episode in a row.  See how good you can be, show, when you stick with the winning formula from the first two seasons?  Cicada Man reminded me of those things in mimic.  Nice twist in the end.  Done in by a hungry hippo.

• Love 6

Rosalee was pretty cool and collected about the triplet news.  And she outdid Beyonce.  I noticed on the ultrasound screen her name was Rosalee Calvert Monroe -- I had never been sure if Monroe's name was his first or his last, now I know.  Still need to know his first name - or did I miss it along the way? 

5 hours ago, Dobian said:

Aside from the "let's find the most absurd excuse possible to get Renard shirtless again", this was the second good episode in a row.  See how good you can be, show, when you stick with the winning formula from the first two seasons?  Cicada Man reminded me of those things in mimic.  Nice twist in the end.  Done in by a hungry hippo.

It reminded me of the wonderful movie Galaxy Quest, where Alan Rickman's character says to Tim Allen "I see you managed to get your shirt off!"

It's like Renard has a shirt allergy or something. The shirtlessness is the only thing that makes his plotline's tedious waste of time bearable.

• Love 7

You almost have to laugh whenever Adalind's sociopath voodoo doll-killing kid starts asking "innocent" questions and everyone starts cringing.  And when is she going to start aging again?  She should look like she's 26 by now.  If she looked like a grownup they could kill her off without the whole child killing stigma.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4

You almost have to laugh whenever Adalind's sociopath voodoo doll-killing kid starts asking "innocent" questions and everyone starts cringing.

Yeah, and as Renard is tucking her into bed he's looking over her collection of creepy voodoo dolls, which begs the question . . . why not take the voodoo dolls away from the creepy voodoo kid? Might be prudent, y'know?

While the twist at the end was kind of refreshing and did crack me up, it essentially rendered the entire WotW story pointless. Nick and Hank spent the whole episode chasing after something that just solved itself in the end. So, waste of time.

I'm not protesting against the gratuitous shiftlessness of Renard, but he actually looked oiled up in that vacuum chamber. Way to pander.

• Love 1

I liked the dialog with both Diana and Meisner + Renard. They had them speak in somewhat regular tones rather than acting spooky for affect.   Why doesn't Renard ask Meisner what he wants? Why didn't the people that Meisner killed when he was in the resistance haunt him?

Was Diana the one causing Nick to suddenly wake up from sleep?

Edited by ottilie
14 hours ago, neuromom said:

I don't get how a cicada wesen is a cannibal, but whatever.

Yes, major biology fail on that one. Adult cicada's emerge to breed and die, they don't go back underground. And burying a captive prey food source is really more of a wasp thing, and again, that's a reproductive thing. But cicadas look creepy, and they had the hook of "recognizing" the immortal guy, so there you go.

I thought the link to Dionysus was a bit forced. What did he do but buy everyone a round of drinks? That's too rich a mythology to toss away on this guy.

I also don't see how a person who emerges for a day every seven years could even be a 19th century Oregon pioneer (the journey took months) or become a wealthy landowner philanthropist. The connection to the park was an interesting idea, but they didn't think it through and it doesn't hold together, IMHO.

• Love 3

So they made the fat woman who couldn't get a date a Hippo Wesen?  Nice.  She's a hippo because she's fat, y'all.  I enjoyed that she was able to protect herself but not the hippo = fat imagery.

I thought the park statue looked more like Meissner than like Cicada Man.

I guess I might as well let it go, but the show has never explained to me why some Wesen have to follow their non-human nature even though they look outwardly human most of the time (Cicada Man, that spider woman who had to "eat" a man every so often or die, etc.), while others can choose to live like humans and not follow their animalistic nature if they don't want to, like Rosalee, Monroe (although he has had to work at it), Bud, etc.

No idea why Juli-whoever is hanging around scratching in the tunnel and looking stonefaced.  No idea why Renard had to take his clothes off to find out if he was genuinely haunted but whatever.  No idea what happened to him there at the end but whatever.

Edited by Blue Plastic
misspelling dangit
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

So they made the fat woman who couldn't get a date a Hippo Wesen?  Nice.  She's a hippo because she's fat, y'all.  I enjoyed that she was able to protect herself but not the hippo = fat imagery.

I thought the park statue looked more like Meissner than like Cicada Man.

I guess I might as well let it go, but the show has never explained to me why some Wesen have to follow their non-human nature even though they look outwardly human most of the time (Cicada Man, that spider woman who had to "eat" a man every so often or die, etc.), while others can choose to live like humans and not follow their animalistic nature if they don't want to, like Rosalee, Monroe (although he has had to work at it), Bud, etc.

No idea why Juli-whoever is hanging around scratching in the tunnel and looking stonefaced.  No idea why Renard had to take his clothes off to find out if he was genuinely haunted but whatever.  No idea what happened to him there at the end but whatever.

I thought it was awesome Hippo woman had two different men buying her drinks and one man clearly was interested enough to meet the Cicada dude in the back alley!  And, yes, I am not a tiny woman!

Ya'll know I am not complaining about my sexy pants Renard being shirtless or almost naked.  However, I think Renard's self esteem is so low from the way that he was treated and mistreated by his family, that he uses his body all of the time.   Adalind schemes and manipulates to get what she wants and Renard is so stiff and formal that taking his clothes off is a release.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I had never been sure if Monroe's name was his first or his last, now I know.  Still need to know his first name - or did I miss it along the way? 

On the very first episode  Season 1 he said his name was Eddie Monroe and the the  show just dropped it.

• Love 1

I think the WOW was meant to be a 7 year locust.  When I was in about 4th or 5rh grade, we were supposed to have an infestation of them and for whatever reason, we all got the idea that they ate people.  We were a little nonplussed when they turned out to be basically grasshoppers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

On the very first episode  Season 1 he said his name was Eddie Monroe and the the  show just dropped it.

Thanks, I did not remember that.  But now that we know it is his last name, it's a little odd that his parents call him by it.  I guess I've known people called by a version of their last name, like Jonesy, but not by their parents. 

From Wikipedia:         " His last name has not been stated so far but a phone call from his parents where they called him Monroe would seem to indicate it is his first name. The Season 1 boxset features however stated Monroe's name as 'Eddie Monroe', though actor Silas Weir Mitchell has since dismissed this as Monroe's full name."

Maybe I haven't totally lost my mind.  It was from Season 1.

Edited by Babalooie

WotW story reminded me a bit of X Files' 'Squeeze' from Season 1.

I liked Hippo Lady taking matters into her own hands and being a fierce, independent woman who can solve her own problems! I would think she's had experience with a lot of losers and settled any crap toward her in an appropriate way. A person is way more than some stupid number on a scale or size (use a Sharpie to change what size you are to whatever you want). The handsome creep got his just reward. And that she was cool with encountering a Grimm! Hello, Wu!

The cicada was obviously forced to make dietary changes.

I too enjoy seeing Renard shirtless. How lovely for a mature man and not some man-child with ribs poking. The Meisner haunting/guilt is good. So what did the weird box to do him?

What are those symbols that Julieve and Diana can see? I do see a good resemblance to Adalind, so good casting. Not fond of the purple creepy eyes.

Rosalie and Monroe will have their hands full with triplets!

• Love 1

This show is so terribad, but what the hell at this point, you know? I did enjoy the WotW, even though as always the back story doesn't add up. It's a great show to watch stoned- and only stoned- because it means nothing and makes no sense. I did enjoy the DIY wesen as a change of pace, even if the hippo thing was uncomfortably a little too on the nose. But as someone noted above, it's realistic she'd get attention, as past age 30 most people stop caring so much about weight, and she had a cute face and nice smile.

Diana is creepy as hell; how are these idiots not realizing she desperately needs some serious moral conditioning and a sit down on "Things we do not do", given her all but unlimited power? "Oh, she killed more people and has spooky crazy powers; ah well, kids will be kids!". I also wasn't sure if we were supposed to assume Julia's manic drawing fugues were caused by Diana doodling- her power unchecked and unconscious- or that they were both tapping into something emanating from the stick. I despair of a pat resolution, but I do hope they have *something* in mind to tie Superkid to Jesus' Splinter before the end of the season/series.

Speaking of which, from the moment Nick survived a hail of bullets last season, I've been thinking me, I'd carve off a small bit of that stick and get it embedded in my body, side effects be damned. Nick does lead a dangerous life, even though I literally don't know who is left standing with no royals, no resistance, and a neutered Renard, or much BC. Plus, outside of Hank implying it in the cafe, no one yet has bluntly stated "So, this kind of proves God is real... no biggie, I guess."

I personally love that Portland has a body count that exceeds that of war torn hellscapes, and no one ever mentions it. This episode, yet another unexplainable beheading and apparent serial killer; last week, another serial killer, this time of babies. Etc, etc. You'd think by now the FBI would have a permanent, heavily staffed field office dedicated solely to just Nick's cases, and Fox/CNN/MSNBC/et al would have daily updates on the craziness that is Portland.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 3

Most US networks now devote time to the current federal political landscape.

Portland may get some interest due to the number of deaths, but would most probably be explained as an anomoulous year. My Canadian city would be the murder capital of Canada, really. If folks don't want to dig or investigate, it just slides by.

I liked the set design of the shop where the guy had a soul extractor in the back room - they put some effort into that.

There were two coffee shops or diners in this episode. A couple months ago in Portland, they were filming in Grendel's coffee on Burnside, and when I went by, someone who had to be David Giuntoli's double or stuntman was crossing the street with an assistant. So I'm waiting for this scene to come up. Either it will involve a fight or someone breathing in fumes from the hat and transfiguring again? How does Hollywood maintain a list of great lookalikes who also can do stunts?

There are websites with hundreds of magic symbols - maybe if someone had time, it would be possible to find matches between the stuff they show on the wall or cloth and real symbols.

David-Giuntoli-Sasha-Roiz-with-stunt-dou

• Love 1
On 2/3/2017 at 8:46 PM, merylinkid said:
I loved how calm the lady Wesen was at the end.   Oh hi, Mr. Grimm.   No freak out.   Then complaining about how hard it is to find a good man.

This has always been my irritation with Black Claw in Portland. Portland has a prominent wesen police captain. As we learned from Renard's farce of a grand jury/bail hearing/whatever that was a wesen judge and ADA. A Grimm that is anti-royal, pro-resistance, supportive to wesen issues, and has worked with the Council and the Beati Paoli. Portland is about as idyllic as you can get for wesen. I've never felt Black Claw needed to be as heavy handed as they were.

When are these dumb dumbs going to get a clue about the likely religious significance of "the stick." Ugh. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, hincandenza said:

I personally love that Portland has a body count that exceeds that of war torn hellscapes, and no one ever mentions it. This episode, yet another unexplainable beheading and apparent serial killer; last week, another serial killer, this time of babies.

In fairness, that's hardly unique to this show. Cabot Cove, Maine, was infamously murdery and half the population of rural northeast (IIRC?) Wyoming has been murdered on Longmire. Some things you just have to go with.

The baby eating Wesen was not local to Portland. He just happened to be passing through. This has been the case for several past Wesen that met their fate at Nick's hands. You would think scuttlebutt about where a Grimm is active would be a big deal in the darker corners of the Wesen community, but apparently not. They just stride into Portland none the wiser.

• Love 2

I don't think Cicada-Man's diet was weird. He's not always a cicada. Perhaps in order to maintain his human appearance when he's emerged, he becomes carnivorous.  (Yeah, that doesn't explain why, as a hibernating bug, he'd need meat, but, sheesh - when has this show ever counted on logic?)

8 hours ago, hincandenza said:

I personally love that Portland has a body count that exceeds that of war torn hellscapes, and no one ever mentions it. This episode, yet another unexplainable beheading and apparent serial killer; last week, another serial killer, this time of babies. Etc, etc. You'd think by now the FBI would have a permanent, heavily staffed field office dedicated solely to just Nick's cases, and Fox/CNN/MSNBC/et al would have daily updates on the craziness that is Portland.

I've long carped about this, the reporters in Portland aren't too curious, are they?  It's not just frequent murders, as in other detective or crime shows, it's crazy gruesome stuff.  With the internet, there should be all sorts of conspiracy theories floating around, and at least Dateline NBC or some cheesy Discovery channel show should be on it.  As far as the FBI,  we know it has a wesen element, maybe bigger than we think.  Lots of cops, federal judge, guy in charge of foster group home those lost boys were turned over to . . . it's a big ol' wesen world. 

• Love 3

At this point, I'm just running on the assumption that at least 78% of Portland is Wesen, and its the same in most major American cities (and maybe other countries as well).That's one of the reasons I almost wished that the whole Dark Claws thing would have lead to Wesen being exposed to the world. There are so many of them, including in positions of authority, why not? It would be an interesting arc for the show to take, especially if the writers are interested in more serialized storytelling. It would be interesting seeing how people reacted to that, and how Nick goes about dealing with Wesen crimes now that he can do it out in the open. Yeah, supposedly a human who sees Wesen goes buts, but we`ve seen that's more because they think they're crazy, not because they saw a Wesen. When they know what's going on, they seem fine. It could have been like a procedural True Blood.

The MoTW was pretty good, and I loved the twist ending. I didn't at all mind that the Hippo lady didn't seem phased by a Grim. The law abiding Wesen must have heard of him by now, and that he's a good guy. Seriously, 78% of Portland! I didn't totally get the Cicada guy, or what he had to do with Dionysus (he was more about crazy partying with people, not eating people and dragging them underground), so that seemed like kind of a waste of a cool mythological character, but it was still a unique idea for a Wessen, so it worked alright. I thought Hippo Lady was quite pretty, I have no problem believing she had guys into her. That other guy who got killed certainly seemed into her!

Seriously, someone seems to sit Diane down and be like "killing people is BAD" or something. Stop just letting scary little girl run around with her ungodly powers being scary!

• Love 3
Just now, hincandenza said:

{s}he had a cute face and nice smile.

How nice to hear people appreciate her when on another show, too many of the comments are about "morbid" obesity.  I thought she was quite pretty!

Just now, Latverian Diplomat said:

In fairness, that's hardly unique to this show. Cabot Cove, Maine, was infamously murdery and half the population of rural northeast (IIRC?) Wyoming has been murdered on Longmire. Some things you just have to go with.

Heck, Sunnydale was on the freakin' Hellmouth and the people there were like "Eh, whatever!"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Seriously, someone seems to sit Diane down and be like "killing people is BAD" or something. Stop just letting scary little girl run around with her ungodly powers being scary!

The trouble is, I don't think a good talking-to is going to do the job.  Even if she had some maturity.  That's just too much power and she's used it to kill two people already.  I have a feeling that the stick may be used to de-hexen her and maybe her mother, too.  It seems like Eve is losing her biest, maybe as a result of the healing.

• Love 3

How far along is Rosalee? The fact that her OB/GYN didn't know she was having triplets until she and Monroe specifically asked made me shake my head. I know they're not always detected right away, but in this case the doctor was basically, "La di da, everything looks great. What's that? You think you're having twins? Oh, wait, yes! There ARE two heartbeats! Now there are three!"

Part of me is annoyed that we're just spinning our wheels with the season long plots, but the other part of me welcomes the return of WotW because even when some of it doesn't make sense (like how a guy who can only be above ground one day every seven years had a park named after himself), it's still more enjoyable than the crap with the election, the royals, and the stick, none of which I care about.

Similarly, I feel like the Meisner haunting Renard plot hasn't progressed, but I'm fine with Meisner being snarky with Renard and generally annoying him. Now can we get both of them shirtless? I'm going to need something to hold my attention until the finale.

Loved that when Nick said to check for reports of a naked man in a park the night before, Wu's response was, "It's Portland."

• Love 1

I thought it was awesome Hippo woman had two different men buying her drinks and one man clearly was interested enough to meet the Cicada dude in the back alley!  And, yes, I am not a tiny woman!

Yes, it was awesome that she was an attractive, plus-sized woman who had no problem finding dates (just dates that weren’t weirdos, losers, or killers). No, it wasn’t cool that they made the fat lady a fucking HIPPO. A HIPPO! Why not an alligator, or a jaguar or something else predatory and vicious that can take care of itself, but isn't code for "fat fatty fat pig"? In fact, I have to wonder if she wasn't written as a pig or elephant at first, and some "discerning" soul decided that was just too on the nose. They took what could have been a funny, interesting twist and ruined it. That “reveal” left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't even concentrate on how funny the blatantly obvious Get Renard's Shirt Off fanservice is, or how much I appreciate the return to the WoTW format, because that bit just ruined this episode for me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, withanaich said:

Yes, it was awesome that she was an attractive, plus-sized woman who had no problem finding dates (just dates that weren’t weirdos, losers, or killers). No, it wasn’t cool that they made the fat lady a fucking HIPPO. A HIPPO! Why not an alligator, or a jaguar or something else predatory and vicious that can take care of itself, but isn't code for "fat fatty fat pig"? In fact, I have to wonder if she wasn't written as a pig or elephant at first, and some "discerning" soul decided that was just too on the nose. They took what could have been a funny, interesting twist and ruined it. That “reveal” left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't even concentrate on how funny the blatantly obvious Get Renard's Shirt Off fanservice is, or how much I appreciate the return to the WoTW format, because that bit just ruined this episode for me. 

Hmmm.  Thanks for a different look at the situation.