Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: Jukebox Hero

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, kingshearte said:

Even if the Foundation did get an overrule-level say in things, it definitely wouldn't be achieved by Catherine swooping in behind the scenes like that. The Foundation's opinions should be presented through Jackson. And probably in a more transparent, aboveboard sort of way.

I mean, I suppose we could interpret this less as Catherine imposing the Foundation's will, and more as her just convincing Bailey, as Chief, person-to-person, that it was the right move, in which case, technically, the decision is all on Bailey. It does seem like something that would normally be at least run by the Board, though.

I feel like this storyline is heading to the hospital (and the show) divesting itself of Catherine/the Avery Foundation.

10 minutes ago, flickers said:

I feel like this storyline is heading to the hospital (and the show) divesting itself of Catherine/the Avery Foundation.

That is an interesting thought.  I've wondered if this might all be part of a plan (on Catherine's part) to get Richard to retire so they can go play with the grandbaby together, but then she would have to retire (or semi-retire), too.  

I've also wondered if Richard invited Leah back for Arizona's love life because he was so invested in it last season and he might have known about their fling in the midst of her marriage problems. 

Really, what the hell ARE these characters thinking???  And where is all this heading ?!?!?

• Love 1
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:14 AM, moonorchid said:

im so grossed out by the general consensus of the show and most of the fandom, that what Alex did does not warrent punishment because Jo didn't disclose her traumatic past to him. Or even better, that this is all Jo's fault. 

I don't think that, in general, fans think what Alex did doesn't warrant punishment, at least not in the various forums I frequent.  What he did is a crime and deserves punishment.  I really wish TPTB hadn't made his beating of DeLuca so extreme.  I mean, if it had just been a fight, some of the work fallout could've been similar without having to bring in the specter of prison.

The show, on the other hand . . . well, we all know its connection to anything even vaguely approaching reality is extremely tenuous at best.

• Love 1
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:31 AM, Penguinator said:

It's so tedious, she keeps getting cold feet, then they get back together then she gets cold feet again...Suprised Owen doesn't just say 'stuff you then' once and for all and find someone else.

In real life would he be able to get that for such a serious assault though?

In my state, there's something called probation before judgment (PBJ for short) that can be given for theft, dui and traffic charges, but for something as serious as an assault, no.

• Love 1
On 03/02/2017 at 6:49 PM, Biggie B said:

Amen. That was one of the singularly most haunting things I've ever seen, and it disturbed me for a long time afterward. A true masterpiece. This storyline couldn't hold a candle to that one!

I still remember watching that episode when it first premiered and it was one of the most harrowing episodes or television I have ever watched.

This didn't even come close. Oh how I miss ER have to say Grey's is a very poor imitation.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2017 at 4:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I do not care about Owen and Amelia AT ALL. I was kind of hoping she had just run away and then Owen would leave to search the world for her so we'd never have to see either of them again.

Amelia continues to be the worst. First she hides from her husband at her subordinate's house. Then she eats her yogurt. Then she leaves the replacement yogurt at room temperature. GET OUT!

Your thoughts are nicer than mine.  Whenever I see Owen freaking out about Amelia, I just want her character to die. I truly hate her. And I know the actress is pregnant and they need a plot device to get her off the show - but can we STOP having this damn cold feet, inability to communicate, runaway freak out?  I really really hate Amelia.  I don't hate Owen, and I am looking forward to his sister eventually returning in a big cliffhanger (as it's been heavily telegraphed), but I'd be willing to sacrifice all of that to get rid of Amelia forever.  

On 2/3/2017 at 11:55 AM, Raachel2008 said:

I haven't watched the show in ages, but I was sucked into Alex plot, and, as always, what a failure. I don't know why I still try, really. Not that I was expecting Alex to go to jail, he is a main character and all and Meredith needs a sidekick, blah blah. But to have DeLucca drop the charges, which HE CANNOT DO IN A CRIMINAL CASE, is ridiculous.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:09 PM, John M said:

No, he can't drop the charges, he can refuse to cooperate or even be hostile towards the prosecution which makes a criminal case like this difficult if not impossible to pursue and cause the prosecutor to drop the case rather than waste time and resources on a case they know has little to no chance of being successful.

It's actually a major problem with domestic violence cases where the victim really needs to be protected but refuses to assist the prosecution for various reasons forcing them to drop the case and put the victim back into a harmful situation.

On 2/4/2017 at 4:53 PM, pennben said:

I think folks are short-handing when they say DeLuca dropping charges. At least when I've used it, I mean DeLuca going to the prosecutors and indicating that he is no longer interested in them pursuing the case and and why he, the victim doesn't want them to continue.  Certainly the prosecution could continue without him, but a prosecutor can be swayed by his rationale for dropping (not to mention the damage to their case by lack of his cooperation).  

Yup.  I work in domestic violence court, and it's not uncommon for the victim of a violent crime to decide not to pursue the case.  And it doesn't have to be hostile or difficult.  A lot of prosecutors just don't proceed when the victim backs out.  It might hurt their case, or they take into account the victim's reasons for backing out.  From the beginning of this story line, I assumed DeLuca would decide not to pursue the charges (bc he's in love with Jo) and that's how Alex avoids jail.  (It's weird, but the inevitability and telegraphing of this show doesn't prevent me from watching it or even enjoying it.  I may suffer from show Stockholm Syndrome). 

On 2/3/2017 at 10:44 AM, OtterMommy said:

I had a very hard time buying the whole "let's find Alex" thing.  Sorry, but everyone one of those jails and county offices have internet access.  Plus, why the confusion? Meredith knew where Alex was charged so she should know where he would have been sent if he had gone to jail.

I think she did look for the jail she assumed he'd be in.  When she didn't find him there, she looked everywhere else.  (And unfortunately, it's a sad state of affairs in my State and County, but our jail records are terrible. Online databases are hardly updated right away). 

• Love 3