Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Doug's Story

• Start Topic

Ugh, seems like I remember Doug's meeting in a restaurant with his skank of a mom where, as I recall, she seemed to want him to apologize to and/or absolve her for being a totally waste of space as a mother. We'll see.........

• Love 2
(edited)

I've had this episode on mostly as background noise. So far all that's penetrated is that Doug's all butthurt because Dr. Now called him a "failure" and he's heading off for his next appointment to somehow deal with that.

Well, all righty then. Yet another patient who is right and Dr. Now is wrong, and the patient is gonna show up and MAKE DR. NOW SEE THAT HE'S WRONG. 

Sure, Jan.

ETA: this is the episode about the second year of Doug's "journey."

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2

Yes, I remember him meeting that awful excuse for a Female Birth Vessel.   She painted her dumping Doug and his brother (both young kids) when her husband was overseas with the Army, as "doing the right thing for her family".      Doug should have never met her, and certainly shouldn't allow her any contact with his kids, or she'll break their hearts too.     

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, I remember him meeting that awful excuse for a Female Birth Vessel.   She painted her dumping Doug and his brother (both young kids) when her husband was overseas with the Army, as "doing the right thing for her family".      Doug should have never met her, and certainly shouldn't allow her any contact with his kids, or she'll break their hearts too.     

Did you notice how she tried to guilt him about not bringing the kids to see her? At least that's how it came across to me. I loved Doug's dry and to the point response of "Nope" without a hint of apology. Loved it!

• Love 5

Also don't want to forget to mention other takeaways from this episode:

First, kudos to Doug's wife for being so upfront about her own weight loss journey successes and failures. She was very candid about, and took responsibility for, her weight gain after having her own weight loss surgery.

Secondly, good for her for deciding to get back on track and achieving her weight loss goals.

Lastly, congrats to both of them for being the best, most successful couple ever in M600PL history. I particularly think that Ashley was/is an amazing force of nature of a woman. Truly enjoyed watching two decent, loving people and their adorable kids.

Unfortunately, TLC producers are either too incompetent or too lazy--I side with the latter --to make an episode like this more compelling. Success, hard work and decency should never be boring. After all you're supposed to be The Learning Channel.

BTW, the scenes of this big 6'6" man using that tiny floral umbrella were hilarious !😆

• Love 6