Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Loose Lips Sink Friendships

Adela, Caroline Stanbury and Sophie have a slumber party; Juliet revisits her past when her mother arrives to visit; Caroline Fleming throws a Midsummer's Eve party, but the celebration turns into a nightmare after a secret comes to light.

Adela has to be a very strong person to be around all of that drinking!  It doesn't appear that any of the other ladies are considerate enough to NOT drink when they are with her, or at least ask her if she minds if they drink.  I have one or two friends who are alcoholics and when I am with them, I do not drink.  It must be awful to be the only sober person in a room full of over the top  (and soused) women picking fights with one another.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Adela has to be a very strong person to be around all of that drinking!  It doesn't appear that any of the other ladies are considerate enough to NOT drink when they are with her, or at least ask her if she minds if they drink.  I have one or two friends who are alcoholics and when I am with them, I do not drink.  It must be awful to be the only sober person in a room full of over the top  (and soused) women picking fights with one another.

I agree, I sincerely hope that most of her proximity to liquor is for the sake of the show.  If thats the case she just has to hold on for a few hours and can get away from it.  I hope in her personal, real, non-reality-show life that she chooses activities where she isn't around liquor.

I don't drink and I never have.  I can have fun in almost any situation with people who drink and still have fun.  I think it might be fun to watch a live reality show as it unfolds.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2017 at 10:21 AM, PradaKitty said:

It must be awful to be the only sober person in a room full of over the top  (and soused) women picking fights with one another.

Well, looking at all the ramifications of the LL's drinking, it just might be helping keep Adela sober.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Well, looking at all the ramifications of the LL's drinking, it just might be helping keep Adela sober.

I think she said she tends to take off when they get sloppy (like Juliet & Caroline S's pub crawl).

• Love 2

So how lovely was Caroline F's mother in those photos that were shown!  

The main reason I watch this show is for the background scenery.  Aside from that it is just an exercise in musing about the reasons each of the women decided to be on it.  Fame, money, advertising a business?

S

Edited by ichbin
Accidentally added spoiler tags.
  • Love 8

Okay, so Stanbury's main beef with Adela is that Caroline introduced Adela to her friends and Adela dared to make fun of Caroline in front of said friends, so Caroline was hurt and angry. Rather than say something to Adela, Caroline kept her mouth shut. 

Caroline is the very definition passive-aggressive and someone needs to remove the maypole that's permanently shoved up her @$$.

She views it as some sort of betrayal- they're not "joining sides" with the enemy- they're just calling her out on her ridiculous bs. She just wants her little followers to suck up to her, kiss her behind, and compliment her. (That's what Luke is for! At least he gets paid!) This woman is insufferable.

• Love 23

Caroline S has absolutely no understanding of what it's like to be financially strapped.  She has no understanding of Adele's alcohol situation.  She grew up rich and is rich.  She only understands that she can do what 'she' wants and therefore can break any kind of 'rule'.  She is clueless.  Bye Caroline.  Have fun in Dubai. 

Midsummer Eve reminds me of a tradition here in the States that I had as a child.  But it was called Mayday and was the first day of May.  We had a Maypole and dressed up with flowers and dresses made of crepe paper.  Midsummer Eve takes place on the summer solstice from my google.  But then again, Jule's daughter was going to the high school ball.  I'm confused.  OK.  I divert.

I did love the party but could do without all the fish.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Caroline S has absolutely no understanding of what it's like to be financially strapped.  She has no understanding of Adele's alcohol situation.  She grew up rich and is rich.  She only understands that she can do what 'she' wants and therefore can break any kind of 'rule'.  She is clueless.  Bye Caroline.  Have fun in Dubai. 

Midsummer Eve reminds me of a tradition here in the States that I had as a child.  But it was called Mayday and was the first day of May.  We had a Maypole and dressed up with flowers and dresses made of crepe paper.  Midsummer Eve takes place on the summer solstice from my google.  But then again, Jule's daughter was going to the high school ball.  I'm confused.  OK.  I divert.

I did love the party but could do without all the fish.

Well the summer solstice is June 21ish isn't it?  That could fit in with the daughter's high school ball if they get out of school a bit later than the US.  But the maypole belongs on May Day and that was just CF trying to cram in as many "flower girl" things as she could IMO.  And yes, I can't call it a "glorious dinner" when it's five or more courses of fish :)

CS is certainly one of, if not THE, most self-centered housewives in the housewives universe, and clearly has no ability to empathize with others.  And also - I too thought the flower wreaths and maypole dancing were stupid and it seemed like the other guests tended to agree, but they still put smiles on their faces and danced around and made it fun, while she sat there with a big old puss on her face (as my friend's mom used to say, to our great amusement :)

I was curious, however, when she said that she brought Adela into "this group of women for support" (right after Adela was saying how she had no job, money, etc.) - did anyone else think she may have meant for "financial support"?  (as in a job/paycheck)

• Love 9

Caroline S. has a bigger stick up her ass than the Midsummer pole:  "I'm Jewish so I can't dance around a cross."

I thought all the ladies looked pretty with their flower wreaths, and couldn't understand why Caroline S. was so annoyed by wearing it.  Marissa, too, wasn't into it and took hers off. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, izabella said:

Caroline S. has a bigger stick up her ass than the Midsummer pole:  "I'm Jewish so I can't dance around a cross."

I thought all the ladies looked pretty with their flower wreaths, and couldn't understand why Caroline S. was so annoyed by wearing it.  Marissa, too, wasn't into it and took hers off. 

Nearly all of them took them off at some point except for Caroline F who had a professionally made one with padding because they can be itchy and uncomfortable.

• Love 4

Credit where its due.  I haven't been a fan of Caroline S. this year, but it was so refreshing to watch her shut Julie down.  Its just nice to watch someone be real, and not strive for a friendship that isn't going to happen and will never be.  Not everyone in the world has to like each other and there is no need to hash it all out.  Sometimes, its okay to simply be cordial and thats it.

However, it was not refreshing to hear Caroline S. judging her friend so harshly and then trying to turn it back around on her.  It was a shitty thing to text that to Sophie, she should have just owned it and apologized for it.

Julie is a pill, but she seems like a really neat mom

I don't like Juliet, but hearing about her parents helps me to understand her a little better.  But not enough to like her

Caroline F had the most priceless faces.  I admire the fact that she doesn't always have to look groomed to within an inch of her life.

• Love 11

A Tale of Two Carolines - could they be any more different?  On the one hand, Caroline F enjoys things soooo much.  I wish there was a string of clips of her eating and enjoying her food.  In fact the word enjoying doesn't do justice to CarFlem's feelings about food.  It was a pleasure to see her getting so much pleasure this season from sunshine and flowers and pretty table settings and, of course, from food.

Caroline Stanbury can't get out of her own way to like anything that she doesn't plan herself.  I felt sorry for her that she couldn't get any enjoyment out of the Midsummer's Party.  One doesn't have to love everything to appreciate all that prepared and presented to her that day.  Yet she was afraid of appearing stupid to others.  Does she always feel so judged?

• Love 14

I was curious, however, when she said that she brought Adela into "this group of women for support" (right after Adela was saying how she had no job, money, etc.) - did anyone else think she may have meant for "financial support"?  (as in a job/paycheck)

Yes, I too read between the lines as "I got you this job because you needed money." I think she did the same for Sophie, that's why she gets so angry with them. Also, sounds as if Sophie threw Caroline under the bus again with telling Adela that Caroline was texting bad stuff about her. That may be the reason their friendship is not back where it used to be now. 

I think this loyalty issue that Caroline S. is crabbing about is real to her ... she may feel that she actually does something for her friends that need help, i.e. get them a job on a tv show, and the least they can do is not talk behind her back. Probably not realistic when there wouldn't be a show if they didn't talk about each other behind their backs. That being said, I love Caroline S., but she was very unlikable last night.

Although, I did like that she said "pass" to spending one of her last nights in London with Julie. I wouldn't either.

I liked the background on Juliet's upbringing. Lots of Polish immigrants here in Chicago. What I want to know is who made the money in that family to the point where Juliet is putting up pictures on Instagram of having Christmas Eve in some fancy-shmancy house in Lake Forest ... a town that is intimidatingly "old money." Did that cleaning service take off that much?

Julie's daughter's dress still looked too old for her.  

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was actually the preview of Matt telling Marissa "either come to LA or get a divorce." Smackdown for little miss perfect coming up!

• Love 9

I just love Caroline F! She's a nut, but a lovable nut! I guess her dad passed away in Jan :(

The one thing I do like about Caroline S is that she is no bullshit, but yes, she is VERY self-centered. She seems to be more so this season. Also, I could have sworn that she used to pronounce Cem's name with a hard C, like Kem, but now it sounds like she and others pronounce it Jem?

I also noticed when Sophie met Caroline S at her hotel room, there was a shot of the back of Caroline's head and you could totally see the extension track!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Yes, I too read between the lines as "I got you this job because you needed money." I think she did the same for Sophie, that's why she gets so angry with them. Also, sounds as if Sophie threw Caroline under the bus again with telling Adela that Caroline was texting bad stuff about her. That may be the reason their friendship is not back where it used to be now. 

I think this loyalty issue that Caroline S. is crabbing about is real to her ... she may feel that she actually does something for her friends that need help, i.e. get them a job on a tv show, and the least they can do is not talk behind her back. Probably not realistic when there wouldn't be a show if they didn't talk about each other behind their backs. That being said, I love Caroline S., but she was very unlikable last night.

I think so too - I think her real problem with them is that they came out swinging against her in literally their first episodes this season, so if she is the one who helped them get the job, that is where the anger is coming from, IMO.

• Love 6

I thought the party was gorgeous, and that the flower crowns were cool. I don't understand why Caroline Stanbury has to be so disdainful of everything at all times. Does she think it makes her look better and more sophisticated than the others? Because it really only makes her look like a stick in the mud. 

Caroline feels free to judge Adela, but she has no real understanding of the hardships Adela's suffered. Caroline has had a supportive husband and family, plenty of money in her bank account, and has never struggled with addiction or depression. Adela hasn't been so fortunate. Caroline, as her friend, should be offering her true compassion, not judgment and scorn. I really feel for Adela and hope she remains sober.

I'm glad we got very little Marissa in this episode. I needed a break from her crying over Sadie. 

• Love 9

I would have loved all of the fish!  (Of course,  my father's side of the family is Danish, so maybe I inherited the taste buds..) I love the idea of celebrating midsummer - sounds like a good idea for a party! Too bad Caroline S. was feeling put upon. It would have been a fun farewell party for her.  I do like her best of all of the "ladies" (always have) and hope this season won't be the last we see of her.   I also understand how friendships can evolve through the years - people change and grow apart, just like in some marriages.   And, there are going to be people who are friends of your friends, who you just don't like. 

Personally, I would love to be friends with either of the Carolines, Sophie, and Adela.  I would be cordial (and nothing more) to Marissa and Julie.  I would avoid Juliette like the plague...  (too much work!)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was actually the preview of Matt telling Marissa "either come to LA or get a divorce." Smackdown for little miss perfect coming up!

Yeah, but knowing how they edit, he probably said "It's not like I said 'either come to LA or get a divorce.'"

• Love 10

LOL at CS's hair extensions showing in the first scene. That's what she should be embarrassed about.

Also loved CF's florist saying her ideas were so great and lovely all while subtly shaking her head no. I get what your body language is really saying. 

CF said that her father's cancer was very private to him and the immediate family and they don't want her discussing it publicly. Yet she is constantly Talking about it on camera. What a self centered bitch. No wonder there are issues in their relationship. She needs to own she's causing some bad feelings. 

Sophie is one stealth shit stirrer. What would it be like if she and LVP were on the same show?!

Juliet seems to have a lovely family so why is she such a whiny E-S-S?  I'm surprised they haven't snuck out in the middle of the night and secretly moved away without her. 

I cant believe Adela and CS both insulted each other as mothers and made up so quickly. Wonder how much was edited out. 

• Love 2

I could not stop thinking of the b word every time Stanbury showed up on the screen last night.  She is the last person I would ever turn to for support because she has no idea how to support a friend and, if she ever figured it out, would use it against the friend later on when a perceived slight occurs.  I personally am done with her and am ready to see the back of her off to Dubai.  I hope there is no plan to include her next season, especially since she will not be a Lady (term used loosely) of London.

That said, Fleming is adorable.  I love how she tried to re-create something that was a wonderful memory for her and an honor to her mother.  I like that she didn't delegate the work, but did most of it herself.  I hated that Stanbury just couldn't get over herself and ruined the evening with her sullenness and argumentativeness and (again!) I want to just see the back of her.  I'm happy for Fleming having pulled this event off and, no, I wasn't shocked with the screen announcement of her father's passing - I'd heard about it a week or so ago and was wondering if the show would acknowledge it.

Adela is a work in progress.  I've lived with a recovering alcoholic for some eight years (and we're still friends, even though we aren't together anymore) - it'll be 40 years for him in March.  it isn't just getting over the dependency, but it is also trying to repair all the damage that's been caused due to the dependency.  One of the steps is apologizing to all the people that were hurt during that dependency.  Another is acknowledging that it cannot be done by oneself, but takes a community of support.  Adela is just getting on board with it and is confronted with tons of legal issues.  It's tough to give someone a pass on all that seems to have gone on before, but if one asks for that support, it should be given to the best of one's ability and not held over the head of the asker like a sword.  It's one step forward, two steps back, often.  Unless one's been in that situation, it's hard to understand how complicated it all is.  And I revert to Stanbury - Adela cannot count on her, not at all, and she should avoid Stanbury at all costs.  Stanbury's mission, it seems, is to just make everyone feel bad about something, anything.

• Love 18

I thought the mid summer party looked like fun.  The island, beautiful evening, flowers and flowy dresses.  I would've hated all the fish though.  Caroline and her team did a great job pulling that off.

I'm sure Julie's try at a meeting with Caroline s was producer driven.  Why should Julie care about Caroline?  All she's done is insult her and try to turn people against her.  Just let it go!  She's leaving!  I'm guessing Caroline hates the idea that Julie has a title and she doesn't.  As Adela said, "her life is one big party" so who cares!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I cant believe Adela and CS both insulted each other as mothers and made up so quickly. Wonder how much was edited out. 

I know, Right? How do they go from a fun slumber party, climbing all over each other, joking and laughing like carefree kids, to that. Stanbury can go from 0 to 60 in no time flat. 

Caroline F is so dramatic with everything. I like her, though.  Those photo's of her mother as a young woman were stunning. Caroline looks just like her. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I'm sure Julie's try at a meeting with Caroline s was producer driven.  Why should Julie care about Caroline?  All she's done is insult her and try to turn people against her.  Just let it go!  She's leaving!  I'm guessing Caroline hates the idea that Julie has a title and she doesn't.  As Adela said, "her life is one big party" so who cares!

I think Julie likes to be a bit of a sh*t stirrer and she probably knew that Caroline would say no, she just wanted to put her on the spot and watch her squirm.

Caroline Fleming was totally in her element- I don't know if it's all an act or if she's on something, but I don't care. It's refreshing to watch and I want to dance around a maypole!  It's better than Caroline S. whose sourpuss attitude we had to deal with over and over again.

Adela seems like the kind of friend to have if you had a bad day or just want to laugh with. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they were in the hotel room.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, izabella said:

I'm Jewish as well and I really, really don't want to claim her.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, b2H said:

I hope there is no plan to include her next season, especially since she will not be a Lady (term used loosely) of London.

I think Caroline S will still be on the show. She already said they will come back when it gets too hot in the summer. And I think that is when the show films. That being said I would like it if she disappears for good. 

• Love 6
On 2/1/2017 at 9:19 AM, Cranky One said:

I also noticed when Sophie met Caroline S at her hotel room, there was a shot of the back of Caroline's head and you could totally see the extension track!

It was in a few scenes!  I was shocked that her extensions were showing since she is constantly having her hair and makeup done!  Also, her under eye  contouring was so very white in compassion to her skin!

Love me some Adela, but her extensions have been noticeable the last few episodes.

• Love 1

I like Caroline Fleming.  I think she's too consistent in her behavior for all of it to be an act. If it is, she missed her calling as an actress.

Stanbury is a bitch. She's also an ungrateful, spoiled wet blanket. I really wonder how many of her friends in London are going to miss her.

• Love 18

(Scene in which CS tells everyone to wave goodbye to the house:) How old is Stanbury's daughter that she is already such a bitch? I mean, I know that with a mother like CS, it's not so surprising, but yikes. And for that matter, why did CS become a mother? Just to placate Cem?

Was CF florist dumpster diving? She's such a hoot.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

(Scene in which CS tells everyone to wave goodbye to the house:) How old is Stanbury's daughter that she is already such a bitch? I mean, I know that with a mother like CS, it's not so surprising, but yikes. And for that matter, why did CS become a mother? Just to placate Cem?

Was CF florist dumpster diving? She's such a hoot.

To placate and probably to ensure that he won't divorce her or leave her for another woman.

Her family seems to have money, but I'm not sure if that money would go to the male heir.

I also don't think CF is totally an act.  Sometimes I think she is a little over the top on purpose, but overall I think she is real.  She has gone on camera without makeup and with unkempt hair.  And it wasn't a Juliet thing where Juliet just doesn't know better or somehow thinks she looks classy.  It literally seemed like a "meh, I rolled out of bed, oh someone is here to film me?  Okie dokie"

• Love 5

I would love to watch Caroline S. maneuver Dubai's ex-pat community.  I wonder if she thinks she's going to be the Queen Bee there OR she knows that that she won't be and her frayed nerves and fright are driving her to be such a bitch to the LOL. 

• Love 6

I wanted to smack Julie. I get it; I'm not totally heartless. I sobbed more than my fair share when my youngest moved away for college. But what a pampered life you have if your kid going away to school is "one of the worst things" you'll ever go through? Really? Never lost a loved one? Had a loved one with an illness? Lost a beloved pet? Something? I can name PLENTY of things worse than a perfectly normal happy rite of passage.

Edited by Crankybroad
  • Love 2

I wanted to smack Julie. I get it; I'm not totally heartless. I sobbed more than my fair share when my youngest moved away for college. But what a pampered life you have if your kid going away to school is "one of the worst things" you'll ever go through? Really? Never lost a loved one? Had a loved one with an illness? Lost a beloved pet? Something? I can name PLENTY of things worse than a perfectly normal happy rite of passage.

OMG I was a regular Caroline S. when my daughter and her friends were going off to college and they had to go to everyone's houses and say goodbye and cry and hug everyone's mom and take "their goodbye" pictures. Meanwhile I was standing there saying, "You guys know you'll be coming back home soon?"  I mean, yes, I had an ugly cry when I had to physically hug my baby goodbye on the sidewalk at college, but before you know it they are back for the weekend, or it's a week long break for Thanksgiving, and then Xmas comes and they are home for four and a half weeks again. Even my daughter eventually admitted they all went overboard saying goodbye.  Julie is just building it up in her mind as something dramatic, but then remember, she is the one who fell apart  because Caroline teased her about her headstand taking too long. 

• Love 2

Can't wait for Stanbury to hit the road and move already!! We can only HOPE she doesn't come back except for a tiny look at how crappy her life in Dubai is.  Guessing the ex-pats there will adore being around her - NOT!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Can't wait for Stanbury to hit the road and move already!! We can only HOPE she doesn't come back except for a tiny look at how crappy her life in Dubai is.  Guessing the ex-pats there will adore being around her - NOT!

It's much easier to hold onto your "queen bee" status when you're right there in the country around everyone.  It'll be interesting to see how much work Caroline S does from another country to hold onto her position.  Well, interesting and sad, because it will show how much she really, really values being a queen bee.  I mean, she seems to put more work into being in charge of that little group than she did to save her own damn company.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's much easier to hold onto your "queen bee" status when you're right there in the country around everyone.  It'll be interesting to see how much work Caroline S does from another country to hold onto her position.  Well, interesting and sad, because it will show how much she really, really values being a queen bee.  I mean, she seems to put more work into being in charge of that little group than she did to save her own damn company.

She was on Watch What Happens Live once this season so naturally she rented a house for a month in LA. If this show gets a 4th season and continues to have a similar premiere date, I'm positive that she'll be renting a place in the US for the entire season just to make it easier for her to do press for the show.

• Love 2

Interesting that CS won't dance around a pole that has its origins in pagan times bit is vaguely shaped like a cross yet she feels totally comfortable moving to a Moslem country.  Nah. She just wanted to be withholding and a snot even in a setting where there were no rules to 'rebel' against. 

I do think she's insecure about moving to Dubai and that's why she's become an überbitch

• Love 7

I didn't see Adela say anything behind Caroline's back she didn't say to her face. Caroline S just seems mean, self centered and insecure. I think Julie nailed it when she said the titles bother her. I mean how could you be in a bad mood around Caroline F. Just started watching but I went from ambivalence to outright dislike of Caroline S in 11 episodes.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 3

I would love to watch Caroline S. maneuver Dubai's ex-pat community

Considering how much of the Western expat community in Dubai is made of up of has-beens, wannabes, and never-was...she would fit right in there.

• Love 3