Type keyword(s) to search

Mary Kills People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, topanga said:
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Just finished watching Season 3, Episode 3. 

There's season 3? THERE'S A SEASON 3?!!!!   For some reason I thought it was canceled after season 2. I guess just on Lifetime then.  Well I'm hopeful that Hulu may pick it up.  

I haven't finished the second season yet but am enjoying. THERE'S A SEASON 3?!!

• LOL 1
On 6/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, Valny said:

There's season 3? THERE'S A SEASON 3?!!!!   For some reason I thought it was canceled after season 2. I guess just on Lifetime then.  Well I'm hopeful that Hulu may pick it up.  

I haven't finished the second season yet but am enjoying. THERE'S A SEASON 3?!!

There is, but it's the last of the series.  😟  I'm going to miss this show. 

• Love 2

I just binge watched the final season.  It was just an ok series for me, it had the potential to be so much better than it was considering the basic premise of the show but something is better than nothing in this case.  In the end I don’t really understand why she got away with it if it’s illegal.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, gesundheit said:

Is there any way to watch the final season in the US? (Legally, that is)

I don't believe so yet. Last time I checked Hulu they still only had through Season 2. I imagine they'll get it eventually once a certain amount of time passes. I guess Lifetime punted? Shame.

I've just watched the second season on Hulu (watched the first season, two years ago), and found the third season elsewhere. I watched three episodes tonight, and damn, that one new character is creepy. 

I thought the party in the season two finale, was a bit much, as well. I wasn't sure what to think about the detective. I figured they would want to keep him around, and that he just went to sleep, but he could also have been drugged by the one woman (Olivia?), or even Mary's partner, if he thought he was protecting her. 

14 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yay!!!!  I can finally watch Season 3! I don't know why Hulu never got all the seasons, but they're all on Roku's streaming service now. Woo hoo!

Thank you so much for mentioning this! I just watched the first episode of season 3 after waiting to find it for 2 years!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2022 at 10:08 AM, NeenerNeener said:

Yay!!!!  I can finally watch Season 3! I don't know why Hulu never got all the seasons, but they're all on Roku's streaming service now. Woo hoo!

Hallelujah!

That said... I'm two episodes in and cannot find a very good season 2 recap to refresh my memory. It feels like a lifetime ago now! I can't remember how Ben and Mary left things, plus I thought he fully knew what she did and just opted out of pursuing it, so I'm confused about his status here. But I could easily be misremembering.

I just finished and I'm so sad it's over, and sad that Joys had to close. I'm not sure that Des's big love story worked for me, though I imagine if I'd watched weekly instead of over the course of 3 days, it might've felt less like a 2-day fling given way too much weight!

There were definitely logistical questions (they seriously had only 3 people on staff at the hospice? Nobody ever had to be turned or changed, and everyone at death's door was actually fully upright and functioning? What did Naomi think Jess was going to do with her dead body on her mom's couch?? How was that supposed to work?), but I did like the "serial killer whose kills are stylistically similar to Mary's" angle. 

This was a good show that I think would've caught on better in the US if it hadn't been on Lifetime. Which isn't fair, but there's stigma.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’m on episode 1 of Season 3.  Wouldn’t you think that people would learn to lock the door behind them, before they kill somebody?  Lol.  Mary is getting dumber about doing this.  I don’t find it amusing.  

And, I thought Ben died on his front porch.  So why’s he sitting in a bar?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
4 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think they left what happened to him kind of ambiguous at the end of season 2. He does address that scene in the next few episodes.

That’s good.  I hope things turnaround after episode 1.  It just rather redundant.  

I just started watching this. I avoided it for a long time bc I don't like the subject matter (no judgment, I'm just squeamish about people dying, yes I probably need therapy lol), but I like Dhavernas. 

I caught a couple episodes last fall, maybe out of order, but started with the pilot last night.

One thing that struck me with the eps I watched last fall and the pilot-

She can say she does it to help people, but there is something more. Like she seems incredibly cold or indifferent to how it affects her children and the people around her. 

Like she showed little signs of being conflicted or even really remorseful after the girl took the drug and ended up sick- and yes of course, the teen has to accept responsibility, but the reality is Mary has deadly drugs around and didn't even lock the box. 

Then she told them their cat was dying and took the cat away! WTF that is some cold as ice shit. 

I'm not sure if this will ever be addressed in the show- like I assume we are supposed to see her as just this caring nurse or something- and I do think that aspect is there, I do think she feels empathy for her patients- but it seems like a lot more complicated than that. 

Other thoughts- the recycling of Canadian actors is sometimes irritating, sometimes amusing. The actress playing her sister in particular- I don't think really suits the role. A) I'm tired of seeing her in every CBC production and B) she could not look more different than Mary. 

Well coming back to say they did acknowledge Mary gets something out of it, more than just helping people. I just wasn't quite expecting the show to go that way

Loving in though, except the teen stories are just outright awful. Worse than in Pretty Hard Cases.

Just started season 3. I really dislike Des. He just seems like no value add to Mary. She didn't want to do the hospice. She made it clear she wants to treat different kinds of people.

He insists, wants it his way. She caves and them he's pissed bc she still does want she wants.

I do think Mary could use a partner that grounds her a bit but Des just seems like an asshole that wants to have control.