Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Wrath Of Wirkus

• Start Topic

Lauren confronts Carl for lying about bringing a date to a wedding; Kyle dips is toe back into the "ex-pool"; Lindsay and Cristina's roommate drama boils over into full-on name calling and accusations at a lavish Hamptons party.

Amanda, girl, you need to stop answering these 3 a.m. booty calls if you don't want to feel/be used! Also, if you're coming over anyway but you don't want to be seen as nothing more than a sex object, at least show up in a full shirt.

Oh, Everett, shut up about your stupid military exercises and just do the water aerobics! Would it kill you to have fun just once?! It looked like a lot of fun! I loved Tyler's (is his name Tyler? I'm just going to call him that!) props. Oh, his name is Steven. I liked Steven's water aerobics props!

All of this who knows what about Carl's date and planning how to bring it up and/or keep it under wraps is pretty funny in a really petty way. These are big problems, people! Lauren and Carl spent two WHOLE weekends together--but he was all stupid and tried to out-Brad Brad, so Lauren and her sister thought he was in it for the long haul--even though these are all the same people who think that Everett and Christina(??) are rushing after 3 months of dating. Oh, damn, it's not Christina--whatever Christina's frienemy's name is. At least I was closer with the names--there IS a  Christina! OMG, this Lauren hyper-active barrage at Carl about dategate is crazy!!

I don't understand this St. Bart's party. Are they pretending to be someplace better than Long Island? Is that the premise? Kyle doesn't like Sober Carl but Stephen doesn't like Drunk Kyle; but the twins don't like Sober Carl, either, so I guess Sober Carl is worse than Drunk Kyle? But I'm going to nominate for consideration that Smug Everett in any state of sobriety/inebriation is the worst of all. (Later that evening...) Ok, Everett does get worse. His drunken squawking at Christina when she asked whether they were hungry is worse than Sober Smug Everett.

Christina is really defensive about whether she was fired. None of us care who quit, who got fired, and whose start-up is doing better. Give us more splash fights and orchestrated photo texts!

Ok, Everett redeemed himself a bit with his crazy dance moves. He did the worm! In white pants! On the grass!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Amanda, girl, you need to stop answering these 3 a.m. booty calls if you don't want to feel/be used! Also, if you're coming over anyway but you don't want to be seen as nothing more than a sex object, at least show up in a full shirt.

Oh, Everett, shut up about your stupid military exercises and just do the water aerobics! Would it kill you to have fun just once?! It looked like a lot of fun! I loved Tyler's (is his name Tyler? I'm just going to call him that!) props. Oh, his name is Steven. I liked Steven's water aerobics props!

All of this who knows what about Carl's date and planning how to bring it up and/or keep it under wraps is pretty funny in a really petty way. These are big problems, people! Lauren and Carl spent two WHOLE weekends together--but he was all stupid and tried to out-Brad Brad, so Lauren and her sister thought he was in it for the long haul--even though these are all the same people who think that Everett and Christina(??) are rushing after 3 months of dating. Oh, damn, it's not Christina--whatever Christina's frienemy's name is. At least I was closer with the names--there IS a  Christina! OMG, this Lauren hyper-active barrage at Carl about dategate is crazy!!

I don't understand this St. Bart's party. Are they pretending to be someplace better than Long Island? Is that the premise? Kyle doesn't like Sober Carl but Stephen doesn't like Drunk Kyle; but the twins don't like Sober Carl, either, so I guess Sober Carl is worse than Drunk Kyle? But I'm going to nominate for consideration that Smug Everett in any state of sobriety/inebriation is the worst of all. (Later that evening...) Ok, Everett does get worse. His drunken squawking at Christina when she asked whether they were hungry is worse than Sober Smug Everett.

Christina is really defensive about whether she was fired. None of us care who quit, who got fired, and whose start-up is doing better. Give us more splash fights and orchestrated photo texts!

Ok, Everett redeemed himself a bit with his crazy dance moves. He did the worm! In white pants! On the grass!

Really great post.

Poor Carl, spending the weekend sober!  I felt for him.  Smooth, though.  Smooth.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Well, I am very impressed that you know all these names.  I think K/Carl is the only one I could place.  Maybe Everett.  I know the Twins, but I don't know their names.

I watch for the scenery and the fun.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2017 at 0:51 PM, Tara Ariano said:

Lauren confronts Carl for lying about bringing a date to a wedding; Kyle dips is toe back into the "ex-pool"; Lindsay and Cristina's roommate drama boils over into full-on name calling and accusations at a lavish Hamptons party.

Ha! Lavish Hamptons Party. Looked like a bunch of people under a tent sweating their asses off and criticizing what others are wearing. What a group of unlikeable, unattractive people on this show. NYC is full of pretty people, this is the best they could come up with? 

It's now wonder Lauren is single. Shut your mouth once in a while and stop talking so damn fast. The only good part of the episode was when she was railing on Carl and they kept showing a montage of him opening his mouth but he couldn't get a word out. Not a single word. That has got to get old really fast. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

I can't believe I'm watching this show.  Damn me for being too lazy to change the channel after VPR.  It's what Bravo was counting on.

The more I see of the Winklevoss twins the more I think their faces got squished in the womb and never recovered.  Carl and Kyle have names that are too close, so I can't remember which is which and then there's the asshole and the poor gay guy that has nothing better to do but be in other people's drama.  The blondes girls that are not the Winklevosses are the try-hard fit model, the worried looking one, and the bitchy one that's far too in love with a plunging V-neck that's dating the asshole.  I agree with the worried looking one that plunging V should have asked before bringing a bunch of interns home for the day.  I also agreed with sober Carl/Kyle when he got up and walked away when the roommate BS started for the umpteenth time.  I should have found the remote and done the same.

• Love 3

I feel like I dislike all these people. In all of their beefs with each other, I think they're both wrong. 

For instance, I think Lauren was acting like a stage five clinger, just because the guy she hooked up with a few times took a date to a wedding he had planned months before he met her. Yea, she says it was about the dishonesty, not the actual date. But I think that's a load of shit. So I don't blame Carl for being put off. But, wow. Sober Carl is like most people's drunk side - rude and nasty. He's calling her a child and talking to other chicks right in front of her. Douche. 

Then there's Lindsey and Christina. On the one hand, I thought Christina had a real bitchy attitude about the interns coming over. She showed no compassion at all. But on the other hand, Lindsey did just kind of make assumptions. She told Christina about it, didn't ASK. And I did have to wonder if Lindsey is the type where you give an inch and she takes a mile. Maybe Christina thought she'd do it more than one day. I do have to wonder why those two are even roommates. They don't seem to like each other much at all. 

It was super shitty to call Christina out on getting fired, but I do think she was fired. She protested too much. Also, Everett needs to stay out of it. I get backing your mate, but he was way over the top about it. He seems to have a very strong dislike of Christina, when he claims THEY were friends first. I wonder if she ever turned him down. 

And Kyle. Yea, Amanda should stop answering his calls. But I also feel like he takes advantage because he knows she's not over him, and also probably drunk by the time he calls. 

So yea, they all seem pretty shitty. Steven is the only one I seem to be able to mildly like at this point. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

shitty. Steven is the only one I seem to be able to mildly like at this point. 

I can't with his ridiculous meddling.

I do think Lauren had a right to be upset for two reasons. He lied to her when she asked him point blank who he was taking to the wedding and then he made sure Steven knew that was a lie by sending him the picture of the date. I mean Lauren had no chill when she talked to him and took it way too far but the lie was stupid.

• Love 6

Oh, I agree that they were both in the wrong. That's what I was saying. In every issue that has arisen, I find both parties to be flawed. 

Stephen is a meddler, but I also find him funny. So I can forgive a bit of his shit-stirring ways. Plus, these shows are generally more fun if someone is stirring the pot. 

• Love 5

Did Steven even know any of these people before the show? It feels like he was just plopped there to stir shit. And why would any young single gay guy want to be hanging with a bunch of straight drunks every weekend? Not buying it. 

• Love 7

I do think Lauren had a right to be upset for two reasons. He lied to her when she asked him point blank who he was taking to the wedding and then he made sure Steven knew that was a lie by sending him the picture of the date. I mean Lauren had no chill when she talked to him and took it way too far but the lie was stupid.

I agree - I get that she was mad he lied, when there was no reason to, but she went way over the top about it.  Then, it seemed like she was chill and basically over him, and he acted like a toddler throwing a tantrum at the party because he couldn't drink about it.  It was all very weird.

The Cristina/Lindsey thing is also strange, if they're supposed to be such good friends and roommates.  Cristina reacted way too over-the-top about the "you got fired" but I think it was incredibly unreasonable for Lindsey to just declare that her interns would be working at the apartment the next day without asking or any notice.  I mean, if she had asked and given a few days notice, fine, but I also don't see why they had to work in the apartment, and why Lindsey and Everett basically called Cristina a bad person for it.  It's just common courtesy!  Plus, maybe Lindsey is not a cleaner and Cristina knew she'd be the one to have to clean up the apartment after the interns left, or knew it wouldn't just be one day, etc...  I'm on Cristina's side there.

• Love 5
On 1/30/2017 at 11:38 PM, Thumper said:

Well, I am very impressed that you know all these names.

Me too!  

18 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I can't believe I'm watching this show.

Me too!  I have tried week after week and still have no idea who anyone is or why each of them are assholes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Totally on Cristina's side with the intern/apartment drama. Lindsey was a drunk asshole.

Yeah I refuse to rewatch but I am pretty certain Lindsey first said for a few days about working out of the apartment Cristina balked and then she said oh just a day and Cristina held her ground because she realized it wouldn't be just a day. Also, the amount of times Lindsey said she had to open a bank account for the business as if it was some huge difficult task illustrates she doesn't need to be striking out on her own.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I would normally chalk this up to Bravo un-reality, but Cristina and Lindsay are battling on Twitter and it's not good for either of them professionally.  This is the death knell for SummerHouse, y'all, a'la Gallery Girls....the cast isn't trying to maintain the show in the off-season.

• Love 3

Lindsay is a bitch, you don't treat friends like that.  

Sounds like Cristina's employer balked at her filming the show and that's why they parted ways and she went back to freelancing.  That story makes sense, I remember one of the earlier weekends Cristina didn't come out because she had to work.  That may also be part of the reason Lindsay had a falling out with her partner and she decided start her own company.  Many employers have clauses about moonlighting, especially when it might reflect poorly back on them, like a stupid reality show about drinking in the Hamptons.

I love the concept on the show, I just think casting is the issue.  I would love a re-tool with more interesting peeps.  Stephen can come back though.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, snarts said:

Lindsay is a bitch, you don't treat friends like that.  

Sounds like Cristina's employer balked at her filming the show and that's why they parted ways and she went back to freelancing.  That story makes sense, I remember one of the earlier weekends Cristina didn't come out because she had to work.  That may also be part of the reason Lindsay had a falling out with her partner and she decided start her own company.  Many employers have clauses about moonlighting, especially when it might reflect poorly back on them, like a stupid reality show about drinking in the Hamptons.

I love the concept on the show, I just think casting is the issue.  I would love a re-tool with more interesting peeps.  Stephen can come back though.

I think you are absolutely spot on, on all counts.

I think Lindsay said on Twitter that her partner didn't want her to be part of the show, either (smart move, considering it's a publicity firm and this is NOT good publicity)...so both she and Cristina made a huge mistake for a one-and-done show.  Oh but hey, Lindsay got Everett - lol

Is there anyone in this group that you would want share your weekends with? 

Edited by Swim mom
Clarity trumps preposition placement
5 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Is there anyone in this group that you would want share your weekends with? 

I would do water aerobics with Stephen--but that's like an hour, not an entire weekend. The rest of them I can barely handle an hour just watching them on TV, let alone the thought of them in person.

9 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

I think Lindsay said on Twitter that her partner didn't want her to be part of the show, either (smart move, considering it's a publicity firm and this is NOT good publicity)...so both she and Cristina made a huge mistake for a one-and-done show.  Oh but hey, Lindsay got Everett - lol

Could you please provide screen caps? I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I joined Twitter solely to spy on these fifth-rate reality "stars." But that's one of the many benefits of previously.tv--astute posters such as yourself to report back on sordid social media posts! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/30/2017 at 10:03 PM, JenE4 said:

Everett is SO SMUG I want to punch him in his stupid smug face.  

(Or, his ass face, per Corky St. Clair)

Lindsay really thinks she hit the jackpot with him.  He's gross.

On 1/31/2017 at 5:08 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I can't believe I'm watching this show.  Damn me for being too lazy to change the channel after VPR.  It's what Bravo was counting on.

The more I see of the Winklevoss twins the more I think their faces got squished in the womb and never recovered.  Carl and Kyle have names that are too close, so I can't remember which is which and then there's the asshole and the poor gay guy that has nothing better to do but be in other people's drama.  The blondes girls that are not the Winklevosses are the try-hard fit model, the worried looking one, and the bitchy one that's far too in love with a plunging V-neck that's dating the asshole.  I agree with the worried looking one that plunging V should have asked before bringing a bunch of interns home for the day.  I also agreed with sober Carl/Kyle when he got up and walked away when the roommate BS started for the umpteenth time.  I should have found the remote and done the same.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:24 AM, ghoulina said:

It was super shitty to call Christina out on getting fired, but I do think she was fired. She protested too much. Also, Everett needs to stay out of it. I get backing your mate, but he was way over the top about it. He seems to have a very strong dislike of Christina, when he claims THEY were friends first. I wonder if she ever turned him down. 

Ok so according to Twitter, and Page Six, Cristina was asked to step down from her position at her job if she was going to be on this show.  So she wasn't fired, and honestly, Lindsay is a bitch for saying that.  Since Cristina can't break the 4th wall, I think she wasn't really able to say anything about why she walked away.  Now I understand why she was so frazzled.

Lindsay also had to break up her company, and go out on her own due to being on the show.  

When she kept asking Cristina, "do YOU have 10 people working under you??  do YOU have 10 people working under you??  do YOU have 10 people working under you??  I was like, WOW what a f-ing bitch!

On 1/31/2017 at 9:49 PM, RedDelicious said:

Totally on Cristina's side with the intern/apartment drama. Lindsey was a drunk asshole.

Totally!  I am Team Cristina and am starting to hate Lindsay.  

Maybe that's why her mom hates her (sorry, LOW blow! couldn't help myself)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok so according to Twitter, and Page Six, Cristina was asked to step down from her position at her job if she was going to be on this show.  So she wasn't fired, and honestly, Lindsay is a bitch for saying that.  Since Cristina can't break the 4th wall, I think she wasn't really able to say anything about why she walked away.  Now I understand why she was so frazzled.

Thank you for sharing. That does make sense, and I was rash to assume her hesitant behavior meant she was fired. I did think Lindsey was being a bitch about it either way, so that hasn't changed. 

And all her 10 people, are they interns? Are we going to get shades of Sonja Morgan?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This hurts my skeptic heart to say, but I am beginning to think this show might be a little more "reality" than Bravo is used to.  The Twitter stuff (also on Instagram) is a little too barn-burning for these people...Bravo is normally in really good control of the in-season chatter on social media (on "social", as the cast members like to say now).

• Love 1

I'm on Cristina's side.  Lindsay is a big old B.  I also appreciated Kyle for observing how badly Lindsay and Everett were ganging up on her.  

I couldn't stand Kyle in real life but he does make for some amusing t.v.

The twins don't bother me as much as I thought they would.  When they're talking to each other, again, it's kind of amusing.  

Everett walks around with this perpetual, instagram ready, duckface.  Every time I look at him I think he's doing some bad Keanu Reeves impression.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/2/2017 at 1:16 PM, heatherchandler said:

Everett is SO SMUG I want to punch him in his stupid smug face.  

(Or, his ass face, per Corky St. Clair)

Lindsay really thinks she hit the jackpot with him.  He's gross.

He needs a chin implant. I can't stand a man with a weak chin. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He needs a chin implant. I can't stand a man with a weak chin. 

YES!  It is like he is missing the lower half of his face.  His stupid smug face.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I can't stand a man who splashes another man out of anger in a hot tub. I'd have had more respect for him if he just punched Kyle. Everett is an overgrown toddler.  And that's an insult to toddlers. 

That was so ridiculous and I hope he sees that and is embarrassed.  

I have just started listening to Watch What Crappens podcast (it is very funny) and they were making fun of Everett, saying that he is a "repeater fighter."  So, when someone confronts him, he just repeats what they say, but louder.  Like - Kyle said something like, "it's always something with you guys" and Everett was like, (yelling) "oh, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING?"  I cannot adequately do it justice here, but I was cracking up.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I have just started listening to Watch What Crappens podcast (it is very funny) and they were making fun of Everett, saying that he is a "repeater fighter."  So, when someone confronts him, he just repeats what they say, but louder.  Like - Kyle said something like, "it's always something with you guys" and Everett was like, (yelling) "oh, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING?"  I cannot adequately do it justice here, but I was cracking up.

Which for some reason reminds me of Tom Cruise i.e., shades of his repeater dialog in Eyes Wide Shut.  And Tom Cruise to me is the ultimate weenie.  Everett is trying too hard to be something he's just not. 

• Love 2

Weirdly, I think they are trying to make Kyle to standout of this series, so Everett/Lindsay and even the twins are probably second-thoughts.  I don't think this will go more than one season, mind you...but I think Kyle is the takeaway.

44 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Weirdly, I think they are trying to make Kyle to standout of this series, so Everett/Lindsay and even the twins are probably second-thoughts.  I don't think this will go more than one season, mind you...but I think Kyle is the takeaway.

I think Kyle is supposed to be the Greek Chorus of the show, like Cameron in Southern Charm, and that's why he gets the most talking head time giving commentary on what everyone else is doing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Which for some reason reminds me of Tom Cruise i.e., shades of his repeater dialog in Eyes Wide Shut.  And Tom Cruise to me is the ultimate weenie.  Everett is trying too hard to be something he's just not. 

I was trying to figure out who Everett reminds me of, looks wise and it is Tom Cruise's cousin!  William Mapother!  They both have the same weak chin!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I don't understand Carl's health issue. He's had a tonsil issue for 2 years so he can't drink? Huh? Is he on antibiotics? That makes sense but it's a weird roundabout way to say it. 

He mentioned several times that the reason he couldn't  drink was because of his antibiotics. At another point he made a big deal of taking them in the kitchen when everyone else was hanging out and drinking.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He mentioned several times that the reason he couldn't  drink was because of his antibiotics. At another point he made a big deal of taking them in the kitchen when everyone else was hanging out and drinking.

Yeah, I just got to that part. It was the way he stated it in the car that seemed weird.

I don't know anyone who ever followed doctor's orders not to drink while on antibiotics, of course we don't know specifically which antibiotic he was taking.  I guess he was required by contract to be there for filming, otherwise, if you can't drink, why go through all the effort to show up for the weekend.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2017 at 7:21 AM, RedDelicious said:

I don't know anyone who ever followed doctor's orders not to drink while on antibiotics, of course we don't know specifically which antibiotic he was taking.  I guess he was required by contract to be there for filming, otherwise, if you can't drink, why go through all the effort to show up for the weekend.

So I think (God, my least favorite reality trope is the way everyone is encouraged by production to say simple things in the most convoluted, dramatic fashion known to man) is that he has had a series of infections for a while and hasn't been great about sticking to doctors orders about treating them and is trying to do everything by the book to see if that will kick whatever illness keeps reoccurring. I agree he must be under contract to show up anyway because he seemed super pissy about even being there. Honestly, I think Carl is just a giant shit who is slightly less shitty when he's drunk. He's so fucking rude and condescending. And I can get why he didn't want to have to have a heart to heart with Twin 1, but the way he characterized it in his TH was a little much. She was pretty calm about the whole thing and then went to go have fun. I actually do think Twin 1 had every right to be upset at his douche-canoe behavior. She asked him a question, he lied. Then he's sending Steven texts with pictures of his imaginary date. Just because he doesn't owe her a commitment doesn't mean he doesn't owe her some decency. That is just Grade A game playing. And I hate it when people use the "I didn't tell you because you would be upset and see I was right! You're upset!" Oh fuck off. Just tell people the truth and deal with the fact they may not love everything you have to say. He could have handled that many ways other then acting like a shady asshat and then getting mad when he's called a shady asshat. Run, Twin 1, run. Take your butterface and run for the hills.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 31/01/2017 at 9:13 PM, bichonblitz said:

It's now wonder Lauren is single. Shut your mouth once in a while and stop talking so damn fast. The only good part of the episode was when she was railing on Carl and they kept showing a montage of him opening his mouth but he couldn't get a word out. Not a single word. That has got to get old really fast. 

I don't mind people who talk a lot and quickly, but if you're like that, then you need to be a really good listener as well.  So, you have a lot to say.  Great.  But so do most people and you need to be considerate and let them talk as well.  Talk when you're talking and shut up when someone else starts talking.  And actually listen and pay attention.