Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E30: Hello Life, Goodbye Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

This is going to be very spoiler for people who don't know but:Yeah I remember Kelly and Brandon are in their tux and wedding gown and just stay together but don't want to get married. But then a few episodes later Brandon gets a job offer or something-mostly I think JP wanted to leave- and Kelly like hew and hawed about leaving with him and then decided to stay? (Also there is going to be a wizard of oz goodbye reference there in that episode, the writers really stopped trying).

On 1/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, CurlyATX said:

I didn't like the term paper and Steve... although he can be the least irritating one in the group, his entitlement is just too much.  You know he assumes any kid of color is there due to affirmative action and yet he is skating by on his privilege. 

So much this! And Oooohndrea enabling that Bullshit bugs me too. It would have been better had they just have Oooondrea help Steve (e.g., study with him, give him notes/tips) but the "oh isn't this cute, lemme write your papers for you" routine is annoying. And also, how did a full-time college student with a GD BABY have time to do other kids' school work????!!!

On 1/28/2017 at 1:10 AM, SoupThrower said:

The best chance to bray and have it being legit, he doesn't do it. smh Brandon. 

Seriously. Kelly is straight up cheating and instead of pathetically asking her to marry him, he should've kicked her ass to the curb. Especially after all the shit she gave him over Emily (which wasn't okay either). She's in a committed relationship with Brandon and she's macking with Dylan all over LA and no one ever even throws the dirty!slut! shame they always heap on Valerie when she's SINGLE... UGH. (Although I get that she was a slime to go after Ray but the way Kelly acted when she found out she was dating Drunk!Dylan the same time as Steve was just so over the top and hypocrtical). It's like that scene from Waiting To Exhale when Loretta Devine's character tells Angela Bassett (whose character is newly divorced but stepping out with a married man) ... "Girl, you know you're wrong." Why couldn't at least one of her friends just have said, "look, I love you, but what you're doing is bullshit. Make up your mind and knock it off." Now THAT would have been realistic for college girls... I fucking hate this version of Kelly.

So agree that the Ray/Donna storyline could have been so much better with stronger actors. I mean, I of course do not condone domestic violence in any way shape or form (similar to how I of course think child abuse is abhorrent but couldn't stand that little Fartknocker (TM Sarah D. Bunting) Felix and didn't give a crap that his mother was putting grill marks on him in her spare time ... ), but damn if Donna's bleating isn't punchable as fuck. Shut up, Donna. 

Although the storyline is redeemed somewhat when they get the big burly stunt double in a bad wig to tumble down the stairs. AMAZING. And so obvious. Like they couldn't even get a female stunt double? It's almost like they were trolling Tori Spelling. It cracks me up. Every. Single. Time.

• Love 2

And Oooohndrea enabling that Bullshit bugs me too. It would have been better had they just have Oooondrea help Steve (e.g., study with him, give him notes/tips) but the "oh isn't this cute, lemme write your papers for you" routine is annoying

But to give credit to Steve, didn't he decide to turn in his own term paper, even though he obviously knew Andrea's was better?

Edited by AndySmith
On 1/29/2017 at 9:08 PM, AndySmith said:

But to give credit to Steve, didn't he decide to turn in his own term paper, even though he obviously knew Andrea's was better?

True. But it bugs that this was treated so lightly. Handing in another person's work (even with their consent) is sleazy, sorry, and I hate that they made Andrea and Steve parties to it (and then Steve does it AGAIN when he steals Brandon's A paper for Prof Randall). 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2017 at 7:10 PM, SoupThrower said:

I find it quite amusing that the girls (except Val) can string two guys and it's okay (Kelly and Donna do it a lot). Well I guess those two characters get a pass. 

Right? Donna did it quite a few times.

Kelly just sucks though. Especially when Ms. "I choose myself...until I get to NYC that is" gives Dylan a hard time for Toni. Not that Dylan deserves much sympathy since he is also kind of the worst, but still.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, JaggedLilPill said:

Right? Donna did it quite a few times.

Kelly just sucks though. Especially when Ms. "I choose myself...until I get to NYC that is" gives Dylan a hard time for Toni. Not that Dylan deserves much sympathy since he is also kind of the worst, but still.

Donna did it with David and the Fireman. Which she really should have picked the Fireman but Kelly as the ever great sister decided that sticking up for her brother isn't an option. 

"I choose me!" Picks up a new boyfriend 2 episodes later. I guess she picked Colin. 

Isn't there a scene later in S6 when Kelly is with Colin and Brandon is with Susan but both SO are out of town and Kelly basically says how she "Chose Me" in order to save Brandon and Dylan's friendship.  (insert eye roll).  And then she sorta hints to Brandon that she'd be up for cheating with him again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Isn't there a scene later in S6 when Kelly is with Colin and Brandon is with Susan but both SO are out of town and Kelly basically says how she "Chose Me" in order to save Brandon and Dylan's friendship.  (insert eye roll).  And then she sorta hints to Brandon that she'd be up for cheating with him again.

Yep. In Kelly's world, cheating is okay so long as you have a noble intention (e.g., helping Dylan cheat on Brenda was okay because she'd been sooooo in love with Dylan since grade school, cheating on Brandon with Dylan is okay because "soulmates" and she didn't want to ruin their friendship (not sure how the cheating bits helps the friendship, but bygones), cheating on Dylan with Brandon is okay because the Chancellor's Lackey needed a beard, etc., etc.) You can't just want to bone someone - ya gotta have a noble goal - twu wuv, f'instance.

Eye roll.

Like Tara and Sarah, I misremembered the location/scene of "I choose me."

As did I, and I thiiiiink? what might be happening is that I was conflating the I choose me with Kelly and Brandon mutually calling it off at the altar in a few seasons? Either way, I was kinda shocked when I watching this ep a few weeks ago and realized I choose me was such a comparatively small and casual moment compared to my memory of it.

I suspect Dylan would book a time at the nearest church and invite Kelly there, not telling her that he's planned a wedding ceremony for them because they were married in the wild west.

That, or years down the road when she wants to get married, he says there's no NEED because they already married in a past life, so what's the point of a piece of paper in the here and now?

I could swear there were beach scenes involved. They played that "Damn, I Wish I were your Lover" song soooo many times.

• Love 1

This episode is airing right now on POP and I know it's been talked about before, but....WTF? The proposal scene is just so strange. "It's no trip around the world..." "Valerie told you" "Are you going with him?" "I don't know."

You don't know?! You. Don't. Know. ??? Don't get me wrong. Brandon is king of the douches, but even he didn't deserve that. Who doesn't immediately break up with someone who goes "Yeah, I don't know if I'm going on a trip around the world with my ex"? I'm sorry. In my world, that qualifies as an automatic relationship-ender. Was she even going to tell him if Valerie hadn't? Or would she have just called him from the airport? 

If it had been Val though, Kelly would have been leading the slut shaming firing squad. Ugh. Kelly sucks. 

• Love 3

I always wondered how much time had passed between this episode and the previous one. Kelly and Dylan's interaction at the beginning suggests they've been carrying on with each other since the last one. Did they actually sleep together?

On 7/11/2023 at 12:31 AM, ruby24 said:

I always wondered how much time had passed between this episode and the previous one. Kelly and Dylan's interaction at the beginning suggests they've been carrying on with each other since the last one. Did they actually sleep together?

Your guess is as good as mine, given what we know of Kelly and Dylan I would say YES!