Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E05: Week 5: New Orleans

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Admittedly I was exhausted from work so I think I would have checked out of this episode whether or not it was boring. But even with the sound off, it didn't seem particularly interesting to me. Once the show picked up with the Corinne/Taylor drama from the cocktail party for the rose ceremony that should have been a week ago, I was done.

And then they blew like almost half an hour on that, even though there was the upcoming 2 on 1 between them. It was ridiculous. Not to mention that all you had to do was watch the season promo to know Corinne wasn't leaving because we haven't seen her try to seduce Nick with her platinum vagine that the producers have enjoyed highlighting in every promo for the season. 

And once I saw them dragging out the Taylor and Corinne nonsense at the start of the show, I had a feeling Rachel's 1 on 1 would be short-changed because there was no way they would get through that 1 on 1, the group date and the "dramatic" 2 on 1. And while I was pretty much half asleep with the television on mute, it did seem like the 1 on 1 was indeed short-changed. I will have to watch it again based on the positive comments. Because I did see part of their dinner conversation and I continued to feel the same way about them as I have from the beginning. That Nick clearly likes and respects Rachel as a person and is absolutely impressed with her.

But I just don't see a passionate and deeply emotional connection between them. And really, "I'm super into you" is not really that deep in my opinion. But it's great that he seems to genuinely like and respect someone like her, which in my opinion makes a stronger case for someone like Corinne likely being kept around by producers. However they really are overplaying their hand right now regarding her. The editing has been horrendous and then Nick is the one getting judged as a horrible lead when he doesn't control the edit and I am sure certainly did not expect to practically take a back seat on his own season to "The Corinne Show".

eta: Weird, an image just got uploaded to my post that I know I did not upload.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Move over Nick, I'm even more into Rachel than you are.  I also gave her my first impression rose on night one and called final two.  I was hoping for F2 so she could be Bachelorette some day, but after last night, I don't want to see her heart broken.   The only trouble with casting someone, smart, natural, pleasant and truly sparkling, is that then, in contrast, all the silly airheads look even worse.  Case in point, Danielle Nail Salon, who seems to practice everything she wants to say to Nick so much, that when she gets her  two minutes, she delivers it all, rapid fire, in one connected word so it's no wonder she runs out of breath and gets the worst vocal fry ever.

I'm just wondering, if we make America Corinne again, will Nanny Raquel have to leave the country?

My first thought on the bayou was, "We need a bigger boat!"  There's no way I would have had my hands and hips that close to their  mouths.

• Love 9

I almost felt sorry for Taylor at the end. For a "mental health professional" who supposedly can read people well, she played right into Corinne's hands. Corinne knew she couldn't touch Taylor if she refused to play at her level, but ol' Tayls jumped right in and stooped down to Corinne's level, making herself the fool. She let herself be manipulated into the drama.

Speaking of Corinne, she is much more enjoyable when she is auditioning for the reboot of The Simple Life than being involved in boring girl drama with Taylor. 

The producer manipulation this show is becoming more obvious like on Bachelor in Paradise, only more boring and tedious. At least BiP has some laughs and wacky editing. At this rate, I would only choose to tune in for BiP and skip the main series.

OMG that haunted house shtick is so boring. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm just wondering, if we make America Corinne again, will Nanny Raquel have to leave the country?

I highly doubt Raquel is illegal. Especially since she's been with Corrine from a early age and mommy and daddy would never take a chance on their precious not getting what she wants. JMO

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1

But this is probably the wrong episode for the Disney crossover, because now all I can think about is that poor little boy that was killed by an alligator at the Disney resort last year. :-(

Seriously Disney. The left hand does not know what the right is doing. Didn't they pay millions to make the story go away, and now this?

I cracked up at Raven's, " if I see any ghosts I'll rebuke them in the name of Jesus". I'm with you on that girl.

My favorite quip of the night. And the Haunted House was boring. Who would be scared with a burly cameraman, sound and lighting crew walking around with you? And that Phantom of the Opera chandelier fall fail would have had me doubled over on the ground laughing.

Corrine asking for the voodoo doll was clearly a voiceover. She probably recorded it back at the JW Marriott, or in postproduction. In reality, the fortune teller probably said, "Here is a little doll to rub when you feel bad, rather than wishing harm on someone."

That display of room service was awesome. So what I saw (and I did rewind to get a closer look) cheese pasta (haha), steak and mashed potatoes, a ceasar salad and red velvet cake for desert. Tab's on ABC, so why not?

That freezing rose ceremony in the barn was so distracting. I kept expecting Astrid to keel over from fatigue/cold/wine and that's why they kept the camera on her, but alas, it was only her "featured" moment because she was being shown the barn door.  Has Whitney said anything to the camera this whole season?

Rachel is too good for this show; her dad is a federal judge? Cue the stern looks at the family dinner during hometowns. (This show is so predictable.)

• Love 4

I think I said about 2-3 episodes ago that I did not see genuine chemistry between Nick and Rachel, and now I completely take that back. I honestly fast forward through one-on-ones but I watched this one in full. It was nice to see Rachel's normal and mature contrasted with Corrine and Taylor's mean girl antics. I'll attribute some of that to the ... 7-8 year age difference between Rachel and the 2 girls lol. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

You can tell who he's really into and who he isn't. Corinne doesn't fit that mold and I'm just going to assume that there's bigger things at play for why she continues to hang around. How can you be so into the other women because of the emotional comfort and intelligent conversations you have with them and then continually pick Corinne with a straight face? If there's been anything between them that hasn't been completely physical, they haven't showed it and neither of them have given the slightest indication of it.

PLEASE please please!!!  Corrinne is a producer produced plant.  I do believe we are all on to this-- and it has nothing to do with Nick liking her.    

I stress this because MAYBE when everyone finally stops buying into this ( blatantly obvious!!!)  producer bullshit,  they MIGHT bring back some authenticity to the show.   I think it's pretty obvious the greater majority are fed up with the entire show being wrapped around one crazy person and would gladly welcome the corny, romantic, somewhat authentic show back.

• Love 11

The Corinne stuff now seems to be taking over the show and is so over-the-top (not sure how much of what she says is stream of consciousness and how much is coached or suggested by the production team), I turned it off after about 15-20 minutes. (I flipped it on later only to find Corinne and Taylor getting into it again while on a date with Nick.)  I just can't anymore. Not a fan of Corinne, but it's not really fun watching a very immature person being manipulated/exploited for "entertainment" purposes. If that's what this season has come to--the Corinne Show--I'm out.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, seasick said:

PLEASE please please!!!  Corrinne is a producer produced plant.  I do believe we are all on to this-- and it has nothing to do with Nick liking her.    

I stress this because MAYBE when everyone finally stops buying into this ( blatantly obvious!!!)  producer bullshit,  they MIGHT bring back some authenticity to the show.   I think it's pretty obvious the greater majority are fed up with the entire show being wrapped around one crazy person and would gladly welcome the corny, romantic, somewhat authentic show back.

I'm not sure what defines a producer plant. is it that Corinne was hand plucked to be on this show, is that she's in cahoots with production to behave the way she does for the sake of drama and ratings? Not sure I believe that Corinne is necessarily plucked out of a crowd or that she's told to play a role...her personality seems like an honest reflection of her from what I can tell. But as you said, it seems pretty obvious that production and Nick are in cahoots to keep her around for the sake of drama and ratings. I don't even mind that the show is giving the 'villain' some air time...however, I do mind that they're doing it to the detriment of what the show is supposedly about. I see these random women popping up on the screen talking about how much they enjoy spending time with Nick and how effortless their interactions are and how excited they are for their relationship to grow even more and all I can think is 'who are you and where did you come from?' I know that the women can't know what will air until it actually airs but the way this show is revealing itself, it's pretty much saying that the only way to really get some air time and a date with prize is if you engage with the season's 'villain'.

I'm going to assume that Nick has kept Corinne around because he probably does find her attractive and because there are very few women that he's finding any real physical or emotional connections, he's willing to sacrifice a rose to keep her around and please production. Nick is pretty transparent with who his real interests are, Corinne isn't among them. So far, Vanessa, Rachel and maybe Raven have had the most natural chemistry with him. All the other dates and interactions have fallen flat in my eyes. If it continues to pan out like this and there are only 4-5 girls that Nick is really interested in, we're probably going to see Corinne stick around quite a bit longer.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm not sure what defines a producer plant. is it that Corinne was hand plucked to be on this show, is that she's in cahoots with production to behave the way she does for the sake of drama and ratings? Not sure I believe that Corinne is necessarily plucked out of a crowd or that she's told to play a role...her personality seems like an honest reflection of her from what I can tell. But as you said, it seems pretty obvious that production and Nick are in cahoots to keep her around for the sake of drama and ratings. I don't even mind that the show is giving the 'villain' some air time...however, I do mind that they're doing it to the detriment of what the show is supposedly about. I see these random women popping up on the screen talking about how much they enjoy spending time with Nick and how effortless their interactions are and how excited they are for their relationship to grow even more and all I can think is 'who are you and where did you come from?' I know that the women can't know what will air until it actually airs but the way this show is revealing itself, it's pretty much saying that the only way to really get some air time and a date with prize is if you engage with the season's 'villain'.

I think the answer to your producer plant questions are all yes.  I've seen it done in many of the seasons.  They approach a girl at the outset and let her know that, if she plays along, she can be a contender for F1.  It almost (can't remember if it ever has) never happens that way.   The 'villain' ends up going home later in the season and pretty much ends up destroying her reputation (remember Olivia from a couple of seasons back?).

I'm over the whole villain edit.  It's eating the season.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, b2H said:

she can be a contender for F1.

I don't get this. I can see she can be a contender for maybe top 5 -- they just force the lead to keep the person around. But if there is no interest on the part of the lead, how can she ever be a serious contender for F1?

And this was BORING AS HECK. I took a break, came back and was relieved to find "girls in the house talking." Thank God, the stupid haunted house was over. But NO, it was just the three non-group-date girls, and we are BACK AT THE HAUNTED HOUSE.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I don't get this. I can see she can be a contender for maybe top 5 -- they just force the lead to keep the person around. But if there is no interest on the part of the lead, how can she ever be a serious contender for F1?

It's a promise the producers make:  Do this and you win it all.  Like I said, I don't think it's ever happened, but these shows do get some pretty cray-cray people as candidates.  If the individual is already a little nuts, they can be coerced to do just about anything.

2 minutes ago, b2H said:

It's a promise the producers make:  Do this and you win it all.  Like I said, I don't think it's ever happened, but these shows do get some pretty cray-cray people as candidates.  If the individual is already a little nuts, they can be coerced to do just about anything.

Ahh, but "win it all" doesn't necessarily mean getting the guy. It means you get to be the next bachelorette, or at least a trip to paradise.

• Love 2

I had Danielle M as a potential Bachelorette in my mind but after seeing that outfit she obviously can't be trusted to make good decisions. Sorry, Danielle, you're out of the running (in my mind).

The only way the show could redeem itself for me now is if Nick chose Alexis and she wore her shark costume to the final rose ceremony. That would make up for them ruining this season with the Corinne nonsense. Since that won't happen I'll have to hold onto the hope that the shark will show up on BIP.

sharkgirl.jpg

• Love 10

Good lord Taylor is a bitch.  Her little "confrontation" with Corinne in the swamp was ridiculous.  Her pursed-lips, arms-crossed catty attitude was some 8th-grade level mean girl rubbish.  And the "I can't believe you lied to Nick by telling him that I called you stupid. ...But now that you mention it, you are stupid."  Um, okay.  You really showed her, Taylor!  Maybe when you're done explaining "emotional intelligence" to the masses, you can read your textbook's chapter on "self-awareness."  As obnoxious as Corinne is, Taylor is really the one I would find insufferable to be around.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Sorry for the poor quality but IMHO this is terrible body language from Nick with Danielle

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.24.46 AM.jpg

Pretty obvious!

I remember a scene with one of the other girls, he had his arms crossed. He makes it pretty obvious when he really is attracted to someone...and when he isn't. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I am so sick of the Corrine show.  We don't even know the names of some of the others.  Even while the group date was happening in the haunted house.  We had to keep going back to the Corrine show.  I have had enough.

Amen. And even with FF and playing with my design a room app, it's just appallingly insulting. I can't look at Corrinne's smugly face any more.

• Love 4

Astrid we hardly knew ye boobs. She didn't even get an exit interview. 

I defy anyone to watch the first four episodes of this season and say, "Could have used more Corinne."

AMEN. I couldn't even watch that 2:1 and then as the time ticked by I realized there would be no rose ceremony and a "to be continued..." ahhhhhh. Put the pokey things in my voodoo doll's eyes.

Rachel's date seemed to last forever, what a great day. I'm fresh off a trip to New Orleans and that looked like such a fun date  and I usually hate the wander around the city dates. She has been my favorite since the beginning & it seems like he is smitten. And again I was impressed by his insights and the questions he asked-he might be the best conversational bachelor we've had.

In the haunted house date, were they like not allowed to acknowledge it was fake or something? That was stupid.

I had Danielle M as a potential Bachelorette in my mind but after seeing that outfit she obviously can't be trusted to make good decisions. 

Are you talking about the white tank top with the brown lacy bra underneath? Because Yikes.

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 5

I wish they would get back to ending the show after the rose ceremony.  I don't like the ...to be continued.  Then we get the rose ceremony in the first half hour of the next episode.  By then I forget who already has roses from the dates.   

• Love 17

I couldn't. I just. Couldn't. Do it. After Taylor/Corinne on my screen fake-bitching about each other for the fourth time I turned the TV all the way off and watched YouTube videos the rest of the night.

I quit. This season sucks so bad I can't stand it. It's so freaking obviously staged. It's stupid. You can clearly see which 3 girls he's into. The rest he doesn't touch. He balls his fists by his side, puts them on his knees, anything but on the girl.

And them making this the Corinne show...no...can't...you know she's gonna make it to the home towns, so we've got weeks and weeks left of the Corinne show. THEN we (probably) get to see the Corinne and Brad show in Paradise?

This season may have cured me of my Bachelor obsession.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, waving feather said:

I almost felt sorry for Taylor at the end. For a "mental health professional" who supposedly can read people well, she played right into Corinne's hands. Corinne knew she couldn't touch Taylor if she refused to play at her level, but ol' Tayls jumped right in and stooped down to Corinne's level, making herself the fool. She let herself be manipulated into the drama.

Taylor is only 23...one year younger than Corinne.  Sometimes that extra year of life experience can make a big difference at that age.  By "life experience" I'm strictly referring to experience in dealing with people.  Corinne doesn't run her family's business, but she does work in sales, which gives you a lot of practical experience in dealing with people.  Taylor has only recently  been working at a professional job.  She has spent her late teens and early 20s in school.  School provides you with a foundation of knowledge, but it does not replace experience.  I really think universities should require all students reach a minimum age of 25 before they can start a program in mental health counseling.  This is a very demanding field and does require a significant amount of emotional intelligence, which most people do not possess at 23. Most 23 year olds these days are only slightly more mature than high schoolers.  If I were a patient, I would not want to seek guidance from someone who is only a few years out of high school. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

Are you talking about the white tank top with the brown lacy bra underneath? Because Yikes.

Yes, and the high waist bell bottoms. Those wouldn't look good on anyone but they made her hips look as wide as a house.

I wonder what Nick thinks watching the show now. He said he hates baby talk and now he gets to see Corinne say things like "shovel the poopy" and "mean old swampy monster" He let his season be taken over by a homely little fish-lipped troll with yellow scraggly hair and no lower face. Idiot.

new orleans arrival.jpg

Edited by mingming
added picture
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, StatMom said:

When you hear the EXACT same words and phrases season after season after season, it's more difficult to get into the spirit of it.

What?! You mean you're not tired of hearing "open and honest" every time Nick (or whoever is the lead) addresses the ladies?! 

• Love 2

This show really shows how a person can go from attractive to unattractive based on their personality. The first episode or 2 I thought Corinne was a pretty girl. Now when I look at her I find her so ugly and her face looks like a pancake.

I'm glad im seeing that everyone else is getting annoyed by how unrealistic this show has become. I understand they need some sort of villain for dramas sake, but the entire show does not have to be about that person. Didn't this show get popular when it was about corny love and magical romance? Now we  barely see any interactions with the lead. I don't know who half of these girls are or why he lets all the pretty ones go and lets the josephines stay because we never see him talking to anyone. I don't even find corinne entertaining, I just find her to be dumb and in need of a clue. Every line that the lead or contestant says is the same as every single other season. That's why i like bachelor in paradise better. Even though it's scripted, it has much more of a realistic feel to it. I used to love the bachelor but I  find myself dazing out now.

• Love 6

I only watched the later part of Rachel and Nick's date, and was reminded, to my great regret, that people STILL believe in the crap about asking a father's PERMISSION to marry a GROWN ASS WOMAN. I don't give a SHIT that people think it's "respectful" or whatever, it is goddamned sexist and patronizing and insulting. I HATE IT.

I was really hoping that Rachel would've responded to Nick, when he said he was so embarrassed about having asked two fathers in a row for PERMISSION to marry their GROWN ASS DAUGHTERS, with some version of, "Yeah, you should be embarrassed. It's stupid fucking tradition that should have died long ago. And frankly, if you say something like to my father, he will laugh in your face and remind you that it is my decision, nothing that he has to give permission for, and if you don't realize I have the autonomy to make my own decisions, then maybe you don't respect me enough to marry me."

And then I turned the TV off. Frankly this show is pretty hard to take in the best of times, and nowadays it's just horrible.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, TiaLou said:

I only watched the later part of Rachel and Nick's date, and was reminded, to my great regret, that people STILL believe in the crap about asking a father's PERMISSION to marry a GROWN ASS WOMAN. I don't give a SHIT that people think it's "respectful" or whatever, it is goddamned sexist and patronizing and insulting. I HATE IT.

I was really hoping that Rachel would've responded to Nick, when he said he was so embarrassed about having asked two fathers in a row for PERMISSION to marry their GROWN ASS DAUGHTERS, with some version of, "Yeah, you should be embarrassed. It's stupid fucking tradition that should have died long ago. And frankly, if you say something like to my father, he will laugh in your face and remind you that it is my decision, nothing that he has to give permission for, and if you don't realize I have the autonomy to make my own decisions, then maybe you don't respect me enough to marry me."

And then I turned the TV off. Frankly this show is pretty hard to take in the best of times, and nowadays it's just horrible.

I'm a traditional kinda girl, and respectful or not in your eyes, I think it's nice to still have some of the old tradition sticking around. Nowadays anything respectful is lost, and this generation is just terrible. I don't think people necessarily ask the father for permission anymore , as much as they give the father a heads up that they're going to be proposing which in my eyes is the right thing to do.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, TiaLou said:

I was hoping she'd say her father wouldn't be happy if he did that because it would be disrespectful to his grow-up daughter who was mature enough to decide on her own mate.

And I have to give credit to Corinne (oh I hated typing those words), because of how she played it with Nick.  She made it seem like she was so mature in the interaction with Taylor.  And Taylor (23 and has a Masters... probably hasn't even worked a year), totally let herself get played.

I wonder if Nick realized during filming that he had been demoted to guest star status? That was awful. After I got done fast forwarding through all the Corinne stuff there wasn't much left.

If they're going to display the doll that belonged to the little girl in the haunted house, they shouldn't use a vinyl doll from the 1950s. May was obviously wearing Victorian clothing in her painting. 

Whitney is the tall girl with great cheekbones standing next to Josephine in the photo. She's very pretty but seems quiet. Who is the one in the back flipping the bird? Looks like they got out of the house for a little while!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

All I got from this episode is a craving for beignets.....

Yes, I haven't had any in a long time, and they are amazing. Especially with praline sauce.  I googled to see if there are any authentic NOLA-style restaurants near me, and I'm in luck.  Beignets, you are mine tonight!

I appreciate that Rachel isn't fawning over Nick, and just seems to enjoy the experience. She seems to enjoy NOLA based on her previous visits, so it was a great date for her. 

@dleighg, regarding blond Danielle and Nick - I noticed when they were walking and sat down on the bench, Nick had his hands in his pockets most of the time.  Not a good sign. And then he was sitting forward while she was turned towards him. And THEN, as your screen shot shows, he had his legs crossed and hands on his knees while they were kissing. Super awkward. Bless her heart. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

regarding blond Danielle and Nick - I noticed when they were walking and sat down on the bench, Nick had his hands in his pockets most of the time.  Not a good sign. And then he was sitting forward while she was turned towards him. And THEN, as your screen shot shows, he had his legs crossed and hands on his knees while they were kissing. Super awkward. Bless her heart. 

Good catch on the body language.  I love these little clues that people notice.  I'm usually FF'ding.  Can't help it, I lose my patience.  

Maybe that's why they're not doing Rose Ceremonies at the end anymore.  I think many of us would just triple-time it to the end.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, b2H said:

I think the answer to your producer plant questions are all yes.  I've seen it done in many of the seasons.  They approach a girl at the outset and let her know that, if she plays along, she can be a contender for F1.  It almost (can't remember if it ever has) never happens that way.   The 'villain' ends up going home later in the season and pretty much ends up destroying her reputation (remember Olivia from a couple of seasons back?).

I'm over the whole villain edit.  It's eating the season.

Oh so they don't actually promise a final spot, but the sell the opportunity to make it that far? Did Olivia confirm that that was her role that season? Because I can see why someone who appears to love attention like Corinne would be sold on the idea because any exposure is good exposure. Even though Olivia was more locally known due to her news anchor position, her appearance on the show could have opened doors for more serious or at least more mainstream positions and would have positively benefited her. I can't understand why anyone would sell a farce for the sake of TV if it meant jeopardizing what you worked for outside of the house. Do most of these people think that they'll either cash in big time on their 15 minutes or that they can extend their 15 minutes into an actual career? At this point it would be foolish to think it could happen considering contestants have at least a decade of evidence that show that isn't what happens when you appear on reality shows. Your best bet is that you'll appear as a 'contestant' on other random reality shows.

10 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

You've obviously either have forgotten what it's like to be in your 20s or you haven't been around young women.  I obviously don't know whether Corinne can eat all of that food, but I ate more than that at her age and I'm smaller than her, so it's possible that she ate all of that food. Most of my friends and classmates could eat massive amounts of food in their early to mid 20s. I'm 31 now and I can still eat more than any man while remaining small.  Appearances are deceiving. Our stomachs can typically hold up to 1 gallon of food.  It doesn't matter whether you are 5'1 or 6'5. When you eat, your stomach temporarily expands to accommodate the food.  The extent to which your stomach expands depends on your eating habits.  A binge eater, for instance, has a very high gastric capacity while people who tend to eat very little have a small gastric capacity.

I weighed 100 lbs in college and could not eat a lot of food at once.  It seemed to me that people's bodies went along with what they ate. 

Corrine has that soft kind of body that will start to retain the pounds in the near future.  Especially with being as short as she it.

• Love 5

I think the "ask your father for permission to marry you," isn't meant to be taken any more literally than the tradition of the father walking the daughter down the aisle and "giving her away." It hasn't really for about a hundred years.  I expect the judge would say something like, "Of course you wouldn't be talking to me if Rachel didn't love you and hadn't already made up her own mind to marry you, but I'm glad you came to talk to me and give me the chance to ask you about your plans for the future, so I can give my blessings with a little bit of knowledge and approval."  Then we might all find out if Nick has a job.

Lately my biggest problem with Corinne  isn't her so much but all the people who call her "Krin."  I always stop and think, "Who is that, Katrina?"

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, seasick said:

Good catch on the body language.  I love these little clues that people notice.  I'm usually FF'ding.  Can't help it, I lose my patience.  

Confession: I never watch this show live.  I usually watch the afternoon or evening after it has aired, and after I've read the forum for highlights.  I know! I should be ashamed, but I am not.  It saves me lots of time, because I know what to look out for and what to skip in advance (exhibit A: all the Corinne drama). I can usually watch an episode in about 20 minutes.  So the only reason I noticed their body language is because I'd read the forum first.  I probably would have skipped over their interaction otherwise, as Nick and Danielle's voices, separately and together, are nails on a chalkboard for me. Just wanted you to know you're not the only one skipping over parts.

6 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I expect the judge would say something like, "Of course you wouldn't be talking to me if Rachel didn't love you and hadn't already made up her own mind to marry you, but I'm glad you came to talk to me and give me the chance to ask you about your plans for the future, so I can give my blessings with a little bit of knowledge and approval."  Then we might all find out if Nick has a job.

Ha! You mean outside of being on this show? When has Nick had time to do much else? Seriously, though, I thought he was doing some modelling at one point. But I might have that wrong.    

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Confession: I never watch this show live.  

G-d bless you, child.  I would be doing the same thing, if it weren't that my dear hubby is a big fan.

46 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Oh so they don't actually promise a final spot, but the sell the opportunity to make it that far?

It's the opportunity to a) keep in the franchise (good if you're a famewhore), b) get on Bachelor in Paradise, or some other spinoff, or c) have an unrealistic shot at being the Bachelorette the next season.  That last one never works, of course.

You know, it's always someone thinking they're gonna be the exception, they're gonna make it big.  What they are is, as Mongo said in 'Blazing Saddles', 'just a pawn in the game of Life'.  The producers have made no secret (and it was really explained in vivid detail on Lifetime in the show that was patterned after the Bachelor, based on input from those poor souls that had been affiliated with the show, the name escapes me) of how they manipulate certain candidates to play certain characters, whether it suits their actual personality or not.  But the producers are wily and can pick the chosen out pretty quickly - it's why there are some candidates, like Whitney, who we know absolutely nothing about, but Corinne has eaten the show alive, to the exclusion of even Nick.

35 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Lately my biggest problem with Corinne  isn't her so much but all the people who call her "Krin."  I always stop and think, "Who is that, Katrina?"

I've known people named Corrine, and they pronounce it Co-REEN.   I've also known people named Karin, who pronounce it Ka-RIN. 

I would never think that the way she spells her name it would be pronounced the way she does.

Typically Corinne is Kor-rynn and Corrine is Kor-reen, but I have a friend that pronounces it the other way.

I kept falling asleep during the 2:1, so I gave up and went to bed.  Debating whether to finish the last 10 minutes when I get home tonight.  I am so over the Corinne show.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

ve known people named Corrine, and they pronounce it Co-REEN.   I've also known people named Karin, who pronounce it Ka-RIN. 

I've only known one person named Corrine and they did pronounce it kor RIN.  I like the name--but I'm not actually sure how it is spelled.  Corinne or Corrine.  

Man some of those girls look really BAaad in that picture.  Josephine-- not my favorite --looks great.  Is that Jasmine wearing those rags??   Nose balls looks as expected--like a jock.  Vanessa looks nice but good to wear that little coverup.  She got a really broad hiney.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, b2H said:

I think the answer to your producer plant questions are all yes.  I've seen it done in many of the seasons.  They approach a girl at the outset and let her know that, if she plays along, she can be a contender for F1.  It almost (can't remember if it ever has) never happens that way.  

It actually did happen once when doofus Ben F picked the evil Courtney. Didn't watch Jake's season but I gather he picked Vienna who was that season's villain of sorts. Just goes to show some of these bachelors picks are questionable to say the least.

4 hours ago, Kbilly said:

In the haunted house date, were they like not allowed to acknowledge it was fake or something? That was stupid.

I don't think they really needed too. I don't think any of the women seriously thought it was real. Nor did the audience. I liked it. I think a date like that would be kind of fun. Once you realized it was a gimmick you could relax and go with it. It could make for a lot of laughs and easy going fun. As Raven, Jasmine and others showed. Even Vanessa who initially wanted no part of it was by the end enjoying it and having fun.

4 hours ago, mingming said:

Yes, and the high waist bell bottoms. Those wouldn't look good on anyone but they made her hips look as wide as a house.

I wonder what Nick thinks watching the show now. He said he hates baby talk and now he gets to see Corinne say things like "shovel the poopy" and "mean old swampy monster" He let his season be taken over by a homely little fish-lipped troll with yellow scraggly hair and no lower face. Idiot.

new orleans arrival.jpg

Yeah unfortunately Danielle M's clothing choices were lacking. I hate bell bottoms so I completely agree with you. She's very tall so shorts would have been a better look to show off her long legs.

And look at Corrine's face! It's really suitable for her as it looks like a typical pose you would see from a child.

Edited by yorklee2

Attempts at creating drama on the 2 on 1 date might have worked if there was even the slightest hope he was going to keep Taylor. But there wasn't. And it has fuck all to do with Corinne's "villainy", and more to do with Taylor being a total bore. I am sure Taylor and Nick have spent some time together, I just don't remember any of it.

On another note, I have to disagree with what seems to be the consensus, that Nick is only keeping Corinne around because she is a producer plant. She indeed embodies all the attributes of a producer's plant, but it is my belief that Nick isn't really being coerced into keeping her around. I agree he has no future with her, and I believe he knows it. No, he's keeping her around until he gets what he wants from her. And since this is Nick, I think we all know what that is. And it rhymes with Tex. Or at the very least, it rhymes with snow job.

• Love 6

Gosh this picture does none of them any favors. I've been ill so I'm glad the forum came through. I'm too sick to sit through more of the Corrine show.  I think I may have picked the wrong season to try to watch The Bachelor and understand everyone's obsession with it. So far I think Nick is boring his voice annoys me and none of the women seem to be all that interesting.  I really shouldn't say that about Nick after reflecting for a moment because I have seen more of corinne than I have the bachelor and it sounds like last night was no exception.

Previous posts indicate that Nick is some kind of Master at the shows, but clearly he must not have realized that they were going to let someone else overshadow his season.  Obviously the powers that be think he's boring on his own, and he is willing to look like an idiot for being interested in a 24 year old that acts like a child.  Since I don't know how the show works I can only hope this means that they don't get to see or are not aware of from the producers  the things that the girls are saying and doing while filming is going on.

What are the ratings like this year? Are they comprable to other years?

Sorry I missed Rachel's moment in the spotlight.  Maybe I can catch a repeat or something. There seems to be varying opinions about whether there is real chemistry or not.

I personally think Nick looks awkward with everyone so there's that.

I will admit that the ugly side effect of watching this show is that for some reason I feel like I have the right to judge what the women wear and look like and I don't like that feeling.  

• Love 1

God this episode was exhausting. I usually enjoy the cray-cray, but last night, that entire Taylor-Corrine thing was so bad to watch. Even the feel-good stuff with the Rachel date was just enough to overcome this exhausting episode.

It's not like I don't want drama. I like enough drama. That's why I tune in, and being a Wrong Reasons viewer for years now, I expect drama. But I love my drama among the lead and the contestant, not catty drama among the contestants themselves. I loved the Brad-Emily drama. The Ashley H. vs Almost All Contestants Due to Bentley drama. The Ben-Courtney drama (is she evil or not?). The Des-Brooks drama on F3. 

But I don't like the Chad vs. All the Other Guys. Or the one last night. It's just not so interesting. And to be dragged out like that. Like sure, we all don't know that Taylor coming back even after being eliminated was so not producer-manipulated. Whatever happened to just let them leave in peace?! Heck, there was one time where Chris Harrison asked a poor contestant to leave barefoot! IF it's over, just let it be over for the love of God.

• Love 4

Alexis remains my stealth fave, both for the continued Nic Cage phobia, and for "I'm Miss Louisiana. I like gators, grits, and [shimmies] a goooooooooood time!" Never change, girl. 

Those beignets made me drool. When I die, bury me in beignets. Actually if you want to bury me in beignets while I'm still alive, I'd be good with that too. 

"Whipped Cream and Lies" would be an excellent title for a tell-all or a Lifetime movie. 

The rest of this episode was garbage. Did we really need the first 15+ minutes to be intercut with constant talking heads in which (an extremely drunk) Corinne repeatedly complains about Taylor and brags about her own Machiavellian deviousness? I get it. We all get it. Birds flying overhead get it. Invertebrate organisms at the bottom of the Marianas Trench get it! MOVE. ON. ALREADY. Then we get Nick acting like a homeroom teacher trying to broker peace between two feuding mean girls in the sophomore class. That's a bad look for everyone involved. And now it's a three-part saga? Producers. I beg you. Stop the madness. Just say no to Corinne v. Taylor: Dawn of Tedium. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

On another note, I have to disagree with what seems to be the consensus, that Nick is only keeping Corinne around because she is a producer plant. She indeed embodies all the attributes of a producer's plant, but it is my belief that Nick isn't really being coerced into keeping her around. I agree he has no future with her, and I believe he knows it. No, he's keeping her around until he gets what he wants from her. And since this is Nick, I think we all know what that is. And it rhymes with Tex. Or at the very least, it rhymes with snow job.

I don't think he's being coerced, either.  If he does have sex with her and she's not the F1, I hope Mr. "We did fiancee things" Viall is called out about it. 

6 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I personally think Nick looks awkward with everyone so there's that.

Same. I've thought from episode one that Nick gives off this weird nervous energy, as if he's not comfortable in his own skin.  It's why I'll never see him as sexy, despite him physically hitting all the right notes for me (tall, fit but not too bulky, no chicken legs, attractive face). Someone in another episode thread mentioned that Nick came across as trying too hard in his conversations with the women, and I tend to agree.  I don't see Nick as any more genuine than any other Bachelor.  More camera aware, perhaps.

Also, completely random pet peeve: during his date with Rachel, I noticed that Nick never laughs.  He may smile a bit, but even when he says he's having fun, I never really see it on his face. Even during his scenes with Alexis post-credits, which are pretty funny, I don't recall seeing him laugh. Very weird to me.  It reminds me of a former co-worker who would say something like "That's hilarious!" yet never actually laugh.  Drove me up a wall. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, TiaLou said:

It's also sexist that society expects men to buy engagement rings for women and do the proposing, but not many people are bucking that trend. Between that and expecting men to pay for first dates, women still tend to enjoy a bit of tradition in their romantic lives.

• Love 7

Corrine

Spoiler

According to RS and the producer Milly Nick doesn't have sex with anyone before the fantasy dates and Corrine goes home before than.

According to RS, Nick turns Corrine down when she goes to his room to have sex.

There could be reasons other than producers pick that he is keeping her but sex isn't one of them if we are going by RS and Millys

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Heck, there was one time where Chris Harrison asked a poor contestant to leave barefoot!

Missed that one! fill me in.     I think on the second Bachelor season girls walked off during the RC saying it was humiliating or something.  I do recall....    Remember the gal who was dally-ing with the staffer? ( I think on Jake's season)  Harrison told her to take a hike. (she was apparently a shameless hussy and not appropriate for the Bachelor!)   

• Love 3