Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E05: Week 5: New Orleans

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Corrine is the Kellyanne Conway of the Bachelor! Taylor goes in there to say Corrine is an immature, disliked Wrong Reasoner, and by the end of that talk, Corrine managed to turn it around that, no, Taylor, you are in fact the immature, disliked Wrong Reasoner! And Taylor was left stammering what the heck just happened, PLUS Nick bought into Corrine's alternative facts! That was masterful manipulation right there--even the trained therapist was no match for it.

Nick and Rachel dancing in the parade was just the cutest thing and I'm proclaiming it the Right Reasons moment of the season thus far. But then the producers have to ruin the moment by doing it directly under the girls' window and interjecting with their dismay. I was having a rare Right Reasons watching moment and am put off by the drama...what is happening to me?! Rachel talking about the funeral and the perspective it gave her was even Righter Reasons, and then Nick talking about meeting Rachel's father and talking about getting engaged and breaking the rules by telling her how into her he is, is the Rightest Reasons! Love's Sweeping Journey music, people!! This is it!! It's the love story! Rachel + Nick 4ever...or at least 4-6 Us Weekly and People magazine cover publication cycles!

Don't peek under this sheet says Boo, guaranteeing that they're going to peek under that sheet as soon as Boo goes to get a refill on the mint juleps. And this poor ghost child wanders around looking for her doll and they have it locked up in a box. Just give Mae her damn doll! Oh, the painting's eyes and the lights, etc, it's a "haunted house" set up with things to actually happen. This is fun!

Corrine is eating cheese pasta (and a dozen other dishes from room service), but it's not like Nanny Raquel's.

Danielle says she's falling in love with Nick, and Nick says he prefers the moments that he's NOT with her so, um, his heart can grow fonder. Yeah, that's it. He's just not that into you, girl.

Cracking up that Jasmine was SO not buying ghosts and then she ends up being the MOST terrified and believing it's real, running around screaming.

Yes! In the proud tradition of holding the 2:1's in a remote location so the reject can be left alone to die (best EVER was "Guard and Protect Your Heart" Kasey left on an iceberg!!), someone will be left to die in a gator swamp! But this is probably the wrong episode for the Disney crossover, because now all I can think about is that poor little boy that was killed by an alligator at the Disney resort last year. :-(

I KNEW Corrine was a Kellyanne!! "Make America Corrine again" [Hair flip]. What does that mean?

Either the producers filled this tarot card reader in fully, or they found the best damn psychic i've ever seen. The Sword Lady Corrine asks for a voodoo doll--and the psychic actually gives her one! LOL!

Aaaaaaaand Taylor is left to die in the gator swamp! Wow. Um, I was joking, but she really was! It's now pitch black, and she's part of some voodoo ritual! Wait, what?! Taylor is pulling a Chad--she's baaaaaaaaaaack!

• Love 16

This show is just not entertaining anymore. This season, there doesn't even seem to be any pretense of reality and for a show so heavily scripted, it's so utterly awful. Or maybe I just don't have the emotional intelligency for it ?

Ps. Taylor is just so full of herself and her stupid degree that she can't even follow the simple instruction of the reading that said "don't engage" in Corrine's nonsense.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 24

They're paying Nick some kind of bonus to keep Corinne around, right?  He can't be that stupid.  I suppose it was an easy decision because he hasn't been into Taylor, so why not keep the drama around longer, less for him to do that way.

I had no idea he was that into Rachel, it seemed to come out of no where.  It looked like a fun date though.

The haunted house was a good idea for a group that's going to be stuck there for hours while he talks to everyone.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Aaaaaaaand Taylor is left to die in the gator swamp!

Honestly, that might have been the best option for her. Spending more time with Nick and/or Corinne seems like more of a punishment than gruesome gator death.

I defy anyone to watch the first four episodes of this season and say, "Could have used more Corinne."

I agree with you dizzyd. There is no reality left. I miss the days when at least some parts of this show felt genuine.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, seasick said:

first of all--who the hell is Whitney??  

Oh gosh--wonder who's going on the 2 on 1??

Should I know who LOLO is? 

Hubby and I love Whitney.  She is from the Twin Cities area.

but that's all I've got.

@Superpole2000, it is almost as though I see more of her than I do of Nick.  They are trying way too hard with her.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1

I really hope Nick is only keeping Corinne around because the producers are bribing/forcing him.  Otherwise, he may need to rethink his plans for marriage because his judgement is amazingly poor.  If I were him, I would've sent both Taylor and Corinne home.  Neither one is mature enough to marry.

• Love 10

Was this episode longer than 2 hours? It went on and on.

What's Taylor's deal? She's not even into Nick. Now would be a fine time to bow out to prepare for BiP.

Rachel is so normal. Why's she on this show?

Did they have to do the rose ceremony in freezing temperatures? 

Alexis is the best part of the show. Nick clearly was having fun, too, with the Nic Cage mask. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

I really hope Nick is only keeping Corinne around because the producers are bribing/forcing him.  Otherwise, he may need to rethink his plans for marriage because his judgement is amazingly poor.  If I were him, I would've sent both Taylor and Corinne home.  Neither one is mature enough to marry.

I have to wonder if the producers thought this personality type would be 'fun', given the election outcome.  I understand the series is holding its numbers, but I don't know for how long.

Another episode I've fast forwarded through. Nick's dog must be held hostage for him to go with she who shall not be named. Goodbye Taylor and her eyebrows. 

If ever an episode needed an alligator attack, this was it.

• Love 4

Corrine is equal parts annoying and comical but her shtick is wearing thin. I get Taylor was upset but honestly did she really think there was anything between her and Nick. I think she'll one day (if not already) look back and regret coming back to have her say. It might make her feel better temporarily but it's not going to change anything. Honestly I wouldn't have cared if he had sent them both home.

Rachel's date seemed fun and I loved finally seeing some chemistry between them. I think she'll make it pretty far.

The haunted house date looked fun but contrived. I cracked up at Raven's, " if I see any ghosts I'll rebuke them in the name of Jesus". I'm with you on that girl. Funny how the hysterics can rub off though. You can be perfectly fine then someone screams and it's like a chain reaction.

I kind of felt sorry for Sarah. It was obviously cold and she was the only one (that I could see) who didn't have a jacket on. She had to be freezing and then she gets eliminated. I would have been thinking, "I can't believe I froze my butt off for this".

Alexis has become a regular to end the show with and I'm loving it. Her and Nick have a fun easygoing vibe and I see way more affection between them then he ever had with Taylor even if it's just friendship.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm amazed how little I know about these women - at least those not named Corinne.  I found myself saying - there's a Kristina?  An Alexis?  Another Danielle?  Who's the one with the nose ring. 

It's hard to keep them straight, but I'm getting better at identifying them:

Kristina: very beautiful Russian girl with dark hair.  She's a dental hygienist.
Alexis: This is the girl who wore a shark costume in the first episode.  There are often clips of her and Nick joking around and being silly at the end of each episode.
Jamie: she is a bisexual chef with the nose ring

There are two Danielle's:
1) Danielle M: she is the neonatal nurse with shot blonde hair.  She seems nice, normal and bland.  I don't see any chemistry between her and Nick
2) Danielle L: she is the half-Asian(?) salon owner who always has her boobs spilling out of her dress.  She danced with Nick on stage twice I believe.  

• Love 2

I don't think Taylor is aware that her masters degree has nothing to do with emotional intelligence and that she seems less emotionally intelligent every time she approaches Corrine with that holier than thou attitude. She's making an ass of herself. 

Now corinne thinks she's all powerful.

Jasmine irritates the shit out of me for some reason. 

I really hope Rachel makes it to the end because she is absolutely amazing. 

Good news. The average age in the house is 26, which means Nick is slowly but surely getting rid of the young ones. The only women left under the age of 25 are Corinne who he has no choice but to keep, Josephine who has no chance in hell, Alexis because she's his bestie, and Kristina. 

The women he has shown a real connection with are older. Vanessa is 29, Rachel is 31. Danielle M doesn't seem like much but she got the date rose and she's 31. I really don't think he's taking the younger ones as seriously. He's slowly weeding them out and obviously favoring those over the age of 25. 

• Love 15

"Their relationship will be built on lies and whipped cream" was the best quote of the episode.

I'm sad that Disney princess looking Sarah with the permanent Snapchat filter eyes was eliminated.

I really want to go to New Orleans, and the scenery and vibe of the city were the best parts of the episode. I like Rachel a lot better now that I've heard more from her. Maybe because her maturity was so noticeable in contrast with these unintelligible talking heads from Corinne.

Mostly, I'm sick of the scripted drama. The villain is too young and stupid to be entertaining. Nick actually has interesting conversations with these women, show more of that. Alexis is super enjoyable and entertaining (they do have chemistry!), Kristina is awesome and confident, Raven is fun... I mean, this group (an overwhelming majority!) actually has personality and we are barely getting to watch any of them.

• Love 20

I can't believe they sent home Sarah and Astrid! Who is "Whitney" even? Why are Josephine and Jami still there? I remain unimpressed with the show's focus on Corrine/Taylor drama, given the lead's lack of chemistry with either. It felt like there were two different shows going on tonight, a bootleg Bad Girls' Club (Corrine/Taylor), and an extended New Orleans ad (the group date and the one-on-one).

I've often read people who watch the show comment "I wonder what a season with more mature contestants might be like?" This could have been that season, given that we have an older-than-usual Bachelor interested in older-than-usual bachelorettes with substance, but the editors and central casting are lazy. We could have had more mature contestants to begin with, and the mature contestants we have aren't featured enough.

• Love 16

I finally know who Josephine is. I thought of her as the not so cute blonde.  Is she always posing?  I had to rewind and watch her exit off the bus dramatically, then attempt to strain Nick's back as she leaped on him.   

There's a Whitney?

• Love 1

As much as I've enjoyed the shameless floozy Corinne, I wish they would stop billboarding one "villain" that they use to dominate the entire show. It's the Corrine show--last season it was the Chad show. It's not working.   

In the good old days, there was plenty of drama between the girls if they didn't have one girl to align against.  I don't know if they got the idea to do these features when Vienna bitched up the place,  but dopey dorkey Jake sure deserved her.  Then of course Ben F. and the evil Courtney plant--and then the dumbass chose her because he got his D--k wet in the ocean.  They should heed the phrase "you can't write this stuff". ( The Vienna/Jake break-up was so delish! ) Producers you cannot make this stuff up!  Stop! You're not worthy!

I didn't know Rachel until tonight but I adore her.  So genuine, fun and smart.  And she doesn't 'try too hard".   I don't see Vanessa or Danielle with NIck.   They actually seem older than NIck.   (not a dig against NIck-- just that they don't match.       

• Love 2

I wonder if the producers get that no one is enjoying the Corrine show any longer. Not even her parents or Raquel!

I want Rachel to be the next lead so we can meet her dad! She'd really make an awesome lead. 

• Love 9

That was all so blatantly set up and fake, I didn't even enjoy it. Had to FF through most of it bc it was so cringeworthy. 

Hated the haunted house thing. 

Of COURSE Taylor and Corrinne were on the 2:1. 

Rachel is too good a person to be on this show, or with Nick. Vanessa too.  except we know they will stay till the end so they can film Nick meeting Rachel's dad the judge, and Nick meeting Vanessa's special needs students.

Danielle M unfortunately I'm getting the friend vibe. 

• Love 6

Taylor became so unattractive this episode.  Physically , emotionally, whatever.  And she's only 24 years old.  I THINK you guys told me both Corinne and Taylor are 24 years old.  They are idiots in different ways (For the record I think there are a lot of smart young people out there - just not these 2.)  Taylor was dressed like a kid today and then pouted like a kid the entire time.  It was not good. I can see why Nick got rid of her.  Corinne knows how to play the game.  Either Nick is stupid or producer manipulation or both but I've seen men fall for schtick like this many times.  Smile and bat your eyes and act like Nick makes you happy, stay.  Pout and be upset and act like Nick is causing you pain or drama, you're gone.

Danielle M. is so, so pretty.  Danielle L. I assumed she was maybe Latina?  Or Persian?

Nick playing with Alexis at the end of every episode is very cute.  Nick's hot, I just have to admit it.  He's hot.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

So Taylor... what part of 'don't engage/get involved in' the drama did you not catch? To bust in on Nick during a one on one dinner will only make you look like an ass that respects her own opinions (that just HAVE to be known!) above everyone elses. Let it go. You aren't even that into him it's just about "winning" over Corinne. Loudmouthed and bitter is no way to go through life.

Exactly how much can Corrine eat btw? Hot wings, cheese pasta (natch), a steak and baked potato? What a chow down. Did she eat a whole cake for dessert?

Fittingly I'll leave this message 95% about Corinne since that's about how The Corinne Show shows us.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I wonder if the producers get that no one is enjoying the Corrine show any longer. Not even her parents or Raquel!

I want Rachel to be the next lead so we can meet her dad! She'd really make an awesome lead. 

I almost thought you were typing you wanted to Raquel to be the lead.  Poor Raquel.  Her life probably isn't that great.  She should be the Bachelorette ;)

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I finally know who Josephine is. I thought of her as the not so cute blonde.  Is she always posing?  I had to rewind and watch her exit off the bus dramatically, then attempt to strain Nick's back as she leaped on him.   

There's a Whitney?

I've noticed that about Josephine too. She's always doing that weird stuff. Way overdoing the slapping then striding off the stage overly dramatic, singing to Nick terribly, striding up to get her rose bizarrely cocky and always giving that eye popping head shaking stunned look ever time she gets a rose. She has to be kept around by the producers because I haven't seen one ounce of chemistry between her and Nick. I'll be glad to see her go.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kazza said:

Was this episode longer than 2 hours? It went on and on.

I have learned to never watch this show live. Start watching the DVR around 30 minutes in MINIMUM. 

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm amazed how little I know about these women - at least those not named Corinne.  I found myself saying - there's a Kristina?  An Alexis?  Another Danielle?  Who's the one with the nose ring. 

Same here -- although I do a lot of FF'ing, so I assumed I'm missing some stuff.

34 minutes ago, awaken said:

That was all so blatantly set up and fake, I didn't even enjoy it. Had to FF through most of it bc it was so cringeworthy. 

Hated the haunted house thing. 

Of COURSE Taylor and Corrinne were on the 2:1. 

Yep, saw that setup coming down Fifth Ave. I also zipped over most of the haunted house bit. Did I see a ouji board in there?

The fakeness seems extra fake now. I don't know if it's Right Reasons fatigue or what. When you hear the EXACT same words and phrases season after season after season, it's more difficult to get into the spirit of it. I mean, we all know how fake it is, but don't shove it right in my face. Do you think the participants are just so familiar with the lingo and standard scenarios that they fall into line on their own? Or is it more producer fed (e.g., "Is there anyone who is not here for the Right Reasons...?" etc.)? 

Of course, I'm still watching.

• Love 3

Because Josephine is one of those who didn't mentally mature past the age of 12.

Corinne eating---I've seen younger thin women pretend that they have the appetite of a 300 lb man because they think it's cute. I guess they've seen too many romantic comedies in which the quirky romantic female lead has a man's appetite and it's just oh so endearing. It's not. And nobody believes a woman of Corinne's size can eat all that food. Thin women can have pretty big appetites but their stomach is only so big. If she can fit that much food in her belly at one sitting, she'll be on My 600 lb Life real soon. 

• Love 10

I am so sick of the Corrine show.  We don't even know the names of some of the others.  Even while the group date was happening in the haunted house.  We had to keep going back to the Corrine show.  I have had enough.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I've noticed that about Josephine too. She's always doing that weird stuff. Way overdoing the slapping then striding off the stage overly dramatic, singing to Nick terribly, striding up to get her rose bizarrely cocky and always giving that eye popping head shaking stunned look ever time she gets a rose. She has to be kept around by the producers because I haven't seen one ounce of chemistry between her and Nick. I'll be glad to see her go.

In our house we call her Erica Rose 2.0 (without the deadpan humour). 

I'm no Corrine fan but I probably would have sent Taylor home too.  She was just a wet blanket the entire time and I'm sorry but she does have a stank face. She was super condescending and I can remember many insufferable grad students who behaved like her when I was going through school. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

I really want to go to New Orleans, and the scenery and vibe of the city were the best parts of the episode. I like Rachel a lot better now that I've heard more from her. Maybe because her maturity was so noticeable in contrast with these unintelligible talking heads from Corinne.

Went there once on a professional annual blah blah blah.  Very cool!  Our meetings started at 7am and ended at 11am ish and started back up at 7pm.  The heat, OMG, the heat.  My colleague got drunk every night by 8pm and would not go out at all.  I made friends with the staff at Maison Dupuy and they took me to where the "locals" go.  Very good food at great prices.  The best part was I found out that the locals don't walk the streets.  They go from square to square inside these like park areas only for locals.  When walking through them you see the yards of regular homes and BBQs, parties etc.  

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

So Taylor... what part of 'don't engage/get involved in' the drama did you not catch? To bust in on Nick during a one on one dinner will only make you look like an ass that respects her own opinions (that just HAVE to be known!) above everyone elses. Let it go. You aren't even that into him it's just about "winning" over Corinne. Loudmouthed and bitter is no way to go through life.

I know, right?  The voodoo lady said, "Do not engage".  She engaged and sounded like an idiot.  The busting in after elimination is so very Chad like.  Must be the new twist in the show.  (shakes head, walks away)

• Love 3

I loved the haunted house! It was so obviously a rigged haunted house, but I got a kick out of the girls' reactions. I believe in ghosts, but with that herd running through, I doubt they'd notice any actual paranormal activity. It was all so fake, and silly (the housekeeper guy outside muttering about the doll... doh!).

Nothing here about it offering a "haunted house experience," which is what I thought it was rigged for (like that chandelier always fell perfectly so as not to hit the floor!). Maybe it was just for the show. https://houmashouse.com/

Corinne Ms. Business is probably a Trumpie, with her "Make America Great Again." And I already didn't like her. I'm not surprised she got the rose -- Nick at least had some kind of connection to her. I can't recall him ever talking to Taylor.

But Taylor is also an idiot. She didn't defuse Corinne, which an experienced mental health counselor would find a way to do, long before the 2-on-1 date.

Both of them are too young for Nick anyway. 

I loved the Rachel date. She sure seems F2 to me. Maybe next Bachelorette?

New Orleans rocks. I LOVE beignets — my favorite pastry in the world! Cafe du Monde is the best place in the city. I've stayed at that Marriott twice for work.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 8

I've been to NOLA several times, and I honestly think Nick and Rachel's date is one of the best The Bachelor has ever done. They actually got to talk about real things! And experience a city! There's more to New Orleans than what we saw, of course, but I thought it was a lovely tourist day. 

And then the talk about the funeral she attended and how she decided to do crazy things like return a casting director's phone call for this crazy show...it all rang true to me. Who knows if they'll work out (my money is elsewhere) but this date made the show look somewhat credible. 

Of course, that all got destroyed with the 2 on 1. Good grief, they are both just awful. I wish he had ditched them both. His chemistry with Corinne is non existent too, especially now that he's over the initial shock of her sexualizing everything and Vanessa gave him the talk. 

I enjoyed the haunted house date tho, and thought the girls had fun with it. Solid B, The Bachelor. Could have been an A without the 2 on 1. 

• Love 15

I didn't see much chemistry between Rachel and Nick before, but now I'm wondering if she's going to ninja her way to the win. She's got such a great personality and Nick seemed his most natural with her.

The haunted house was so fake! How can that host/guide say all that nonsense about the dead girl looking for her doll with a straight face? I couldn't take any of the screaming seriously.

I don't think Corinne actually ate all the food she ordered. She's like many spoiled rich girls who order several dishes only to have a few bites of each.

After the drawn out Taylor/Corinne confrontation I find Taylor even more insufferable than Corinne, so I'm glad she's been eliminated. 

• Love 7

I think the room service scene was a set up to continue and play up how spoiled Corrine is (champagne in the bath etc). My guess is after the cameras stopped rolling, she just ate the cheese pasta :)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I didn't see much chemistry between Rachel and Nick before, but now I'm wondering if she's going to ninja her way to the win. She's got such a great personality and Nick seemed his most natural with her.

[...]

After the drawn out Taylor/Corinne confrontation I find Taylor even more insufferable than Corinne, so I'm glad she's been eliminated. 

Agreed about Rachel. I never took much note of her before, but she came across very well on the date. Fun, but mature enough to be taken seriously.

With the Taylor/Corinne thing, I couldn't remember how last week's episode had ended, and I guess it was in the middle of their conversation? That was so not worthy of the cliffhanger treatment. "You're emotionally unaware." "No, YOU are." Lather Rinse Repeat. As soon as the 2:1 date started with the voodoo stuff, I KNEW a voodoo doll would be making an appearance. I did think they'd take it one step more, and show Corrine stabbing it in the leg, then smash cut to Taylor stumbling or some such.

• Love 8

Who is Whitney???

It was nice to see the one on one with Rachel. The chemistry between them is there and it seems effortless. I'm still privvy to his connection with Vanessa but I'm not sure what to think with her lack of camera time. Seeing the lack of camera time Rachel has gotten before tonight's episode, I'm wondering if the favourites are taking a back seat so as not to make things too obvious. You can tell who he's really into and who he isn't. Corinne doesn't fit that mold and I'm just going to assume that there's bigger things at play for why she continues to hang around. How can you be so into the other women because of the emotional comfort and intelligent conversations you have with them and then continually pick Corinne with a straight face? If there's been anything between them that hasn't been completely physical, they haven't showed it and neither of them have given the slightest indication of it.

Taylor made herself look like a fool on national television. Her feeling of superiority over Corinne was her downfall. I think Taylor was more invested in proving why Corinne didn't belong than she was about forging any real connection with Nick.

• Love 4

I was happy with the Rachel/Nick date.  Dear hubby has never been to NOLA (I have) and he got to see the Cafe du Monde and the beignets.  I was trying to describe it to him, just prior to the scene, so it was nice for him to have the visual (he's a chef, so he gets into that kinda thing!).

• Love 1