Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E08: The Glamorous Life

I thought it was all kinds of unprofessional for Rita to tell India that she wanted to F--k her during judging.  To me, that is nothing short of sexual harassment on the job.   The more I watch this show, the more I'm not liking Rita.  You know Tyra Banks would have never let those words cross her lips in front of these young girls.  If I were India, I would feel icky whenever I'm in Rita's presence now.  I really miss the old ANTM!

• Love 12

I thought India's photo was sliiightly better than Tatiana's but when Tatiana was interviewed as saying it was her time to shine yadda yadda then I knew she would get top photo.

Photos taken inside the jet definitely made things easier for the models. Funny how all the top photos were inside and all the bottom photos were of the stairs.

What was up with Coryanne crying about how she loves her friends and loves how much she goes out and how perfect her life was?? Was it edited from a confessional where she was comparing her life with Courtney's? Taken out of context it was just odd.

Edited by niklj
  • Love 8

That's a good point about Coryanne's confessional. Could it have also been from a few weeks ago when she wanted to go home, sort of? 

I know what this show is, but..why don't they give more specific criticism? I might miss smizing and tooching. 

I still like Courtney. She's my favorite, probably doomed so I'll enjoy what I can. 

I'd like Maria's breasts to be blurred every week. That could be her brand. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

I know what this show is, but..why don't they give more specific criticism? I might miss smizing and tooching. 

I was yelling "TOOCH" at the ladies on the stairway the entire shoot ;)

I thought the stairway was the more interesting set, but harder to make yourself the center of the image. It doesn't seem like they're learning anything about posing or getting any better, so I can see why those shots came out worse. Even Ashley this week... I didn't need to see her (shameless plug) photoshoot, or at least if she did the same shoot why not share her techniques with the ladies. 

• Love 10

At first, when Courtney was talking about her past, my black cynical heart was rolling its eyes. I wasn't sure that I believed it and was half taking it as another shot at sympathy. However, if it's true then it explains a lot. I also grew up in the home of a hoarder. My mother is a narcissistic, emotionally abusive hoarder and my childhood was no piece of cake. I basically raised myself. Without attention from home growing up, I found that the only time I really received any was from health care providers and teachers when I was sick. As a result, I was sick a LOT. Sickness got me sympathy and love. Unfortunately, it backfired on me. Ten years ago I was diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder that is now slowly killing me (4 organ ruptures, 13 surgeries, and an inoperable thoracic aneurysm). But, as a child and young adult, I welcomed the real and fake bouts with the flu and random infection. Spent a week in the hospital as a 16 year old and it was one of the best times of my life-3 meals a day and more care from the nurses then I'd ever seen. 

• Love 16

India is adorable and hot. How does she do it? She also has glowing skin even without much make up. Yeah, I got it bad. Not only did Rita wanted to f her, even the photographer exclaimed "Fuck, she's hot" during the shoot. It's crude but I feel ya, dude.

Can't say I disagree with the elimination.

Even though it's obvious Courtney is a pill and she is socially awkward, I still like her. I don't have to live with her and just see her on my screen, so I can enjoy her, lol.

Marissa nailed it when she said she felt like Pretty Woman. That's my entire feeling through out the whole challenge and the reward after. Awkward! Those are really nice clothes and accessories, though. That designer is kind of a tool but he is a talented one.

Tatiana is pretty and not a bad model but she doesn't have a distinct face like Courtney, India or Tash Cody. I wouldn't be able to recognize her outside the show.

Edited by waving feather
Because Cody is not Tash. Sorry Cody.
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Hey, RTV Games got another one right! Let's see if their prediction about 

Hide contents

Paige

is correct on Wednesday night.

Oh no, there are girls I would rather see go before her

India should have had the best photo

• Love 7

Man, I hope they're not burning off episodes because this show is going to eat it.  That would suck.  I've managed to miss last week's episode three times now, so my opinions might be a little skewed for this week cause I haven't seen it.  I'm watching it today if it kills me.  At any rate, last night was pretty good.  I was saying that Coryanne needed to pop the personality some to move up.  Too bad she's kind of a bitch.  At least she owns it though.  I still like her.  It was hilarious how she managed to take Courtney's sob story and make HERSELF the victim though.   As for Courtney, she's still tolerable but my patience with her is wearing very thin.  All the bitching and whining and complaining, and I don't necessarily buy her story.  Obviously at some point she got decent medical attention, and even if the story is true, it is an explanation, not an excuse.  Look, a lot of us had shitty, abusive childhoods.  Not only would I not be airing mine on tv, at some point you've gotta get past it, else it rules you forever.  She's got a good shot at a decent career, if she quits moping and bangs out some stellar pics.  Just saying.  Cannot stand Marissa.  Average looks, average model, immature as hell, needs to go.  But probably won't.  Love India.  I never realized how well she moves.  I can take or leave Cody.  I'm just not as impressed as everyone else.  Binta needed to go.  She was getting very one note.  And WTF was that "dress"??????  I've seen circus tents with more style.  I'm still having trouble remembering Tatiana, she's sailing along there but nothing about her stands out to me.  Paige.........I really like her but she's sort of sailing along now too.  Hmmm.  Next epi could be very interesting.  That designer Plein bugged the crap out of me...he wasn't a tool exactly, but he sure thought a lot of himself, and seemed to be macking on Drew quite a bit.  Plus, every time he said "Madison", it sounded like "Medicine" LOL. 

• Love 2

Uggggghhhhhhhhh this was a garbage episode and like the recapper, I found Drew's sanctimonious preaching at Courtney to be flat-out offensive. There's a valid point buried in there somewhere - show up, do your job, etc etc. But the way he framed it was ridiculous. “Do you know how much this costs? To bring Jason Derulo to you?” OH FUCK YOU. “What am I supposed to do, throw it away?” Yes, Drew, this entire episode has been a nausea-inducing highlight reel of conspicuous consumption from start to finish. Throw it away, go say a dozen Hail Marys as penance, and then consider lighting yourself on fire.

• Love 11

I'm really not a fan of Drew, or Law.  But I did like Law's hair down.  I'm getting done with Rita, too, she takes herself waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.  I miss the J's.  I almost even miss Kelly, and that's saying something!

• Love 4

I wasn't bothered one bit by Drew's smack down.  Did Courtney really think "allergies" was going to fly with this panel after she's been told repeatedly to drop the excuses?? 

1 hour ago, sourpickles said:

But I did like Law's hair down.

Yaaaaaaas!  Law's hair was on point!

Yeah, yeah Rita.  I understand that you're British.  But hearing you say "photo" (pho - o!) makes me feel extra stabby.  

And just because I cannot ever say it enough, Jason Derulo is all kinds of corny.

• Love 10

I don't get Jason Derulo.

I do agree that giving the girls actual critiques and ways to do things better would be helpful.  OTOH, it wasn't always the case in the days of Tyra.  A lot of her advice and for that matter Mister J's came after the photo shoots as well.  I remember seeing bonus clips of Mister J giving the girls good advice but only after they'd come off of a shoot where he'd fussed at them for not doing well.  At the very least at least this time the photographers seem to be able to give some instruction to the girls unlike the Tyra years where they pretty much could say nothing.

I was fine with Binta going but Courtney is skating on thin ice.  I get that Drew probably got a little to whiney about what this cost and what that cost but he didn't seem to bring up Courtney's complaining about not being able to move in her skirt.  Which I myself was rolling my eyes at.  You're a model; too tight skirt, too small shoes, too big this, figure it out as that's what you're getting paid to do.

CoryAnne was a favorite but I'm over her now.  I get trying to get additional camera time but she was a brat.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

CoryAnne was a favorite but I'm over her now.  I get trying to get additional camera time but she was a brat.

That was the word I was searching for and failed.  Brat.  And I will also swear one of the girls pronounced "Derulo" wrong.  What bugged me about this go round of Courtney was, if she has all these allergies, why wouldn't she herself be carrying Benadryll (daytime, non sleepy, Bre, Cycle 5, learn it!)?  I have migraines...... not all the time, but after one massive fail where I didn't have meds on me I carry them everywhere I go, just in case.  Paige seems to handle her well.  I will give Jason Derulo a pass only because my daughter loves him.  I obviously, am way out of demographic.  And I'm sure he doesn't care ;).

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, sourpickles said:

And I will also swear one of the girls pronounced "Derulo" wrong. 

They were all saying it wrong because you have to sing his name! That's the only way I hear his name anymore, because he sings it in EVERY song. He is so basic I can't stand him.

I like Courtney but she is a total whiner. I agree that she is looking for anyone to pay attention to her, since her early life seems to have sucked. I believe her, I think she is dramatic, though a need to tone it down.

Blonde dude needed to reign it in, he wasn't paying for this out of his own pocket and I didn't see where she cost the show any extra money.

I find India gorgeous in a Kate Hudson sort of way

• Love 4
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

I was fine with Binta going but Courtney is skating on thin ice.  I get that Drew probably got a little to whiney about what this cost and what that cost but he didn't seem to bring up Courtney's complaining about not being able to move in her skirt.  Which I myself was rolling my eyes at.  You're a model; too tight skirt, too small shoes, too big this, figure it out as that's what you're getting paid to do.

I was okay as well with Courtney's smackdown. Drew already told her to quit whining. She's a constant complainer. If her complaining is working my nerves watching it on tv, I can only imagine living and working with her. Drew was letting them all know that time is money. I'm all for these judges/designers giving it to them straight. This is the world they want to be part of, so get it together. 

Cory went back to resting on pretty this week. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Hey, RTV Games got another one right! Let's see if their prediction about 

Hide contents

Paige

is correct on Wednesday night.

I would be shocked as hell. I pegged her to go all the way.

• Love 1

Courtney's face is absolute perfection.  She really reminds me of Yoanna in that aspect.  I couldn't look away from her face when she was just wearing a towel on her head, makeup free, and acne medicine spotting her face.  The eyebrows are a little bizarre.  They seem like carpet glued on, or maybe old man crazy eyebrows.

I said earlier that India really reminds me of Natalie Dormer.  I still think that, but now something about her reminds me of Gigi Hadid.  I really like her.  Her eyes and mouth are so distinctive.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Courtney's face is absolute perfection.  She really reminds me of Yoanna in that aspect

I'll agree there, that might be who she reminds me of, however, have you seen Yoanna lately?  Oh, dear.  I don't know what she did to herself, but for a while after she had her baby she claimed that was why she looked different.  She looked like a whole different person from C2.

I really want to look at this spoiler!!!!!!!! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, absolutqt said:

I wasn't bothered one bit by Drew's smack down.  Did Courtney really think "allergies" was going to fly with this panel after she's been told repeatedly to drop the excuses?? 

Allergies. Really?!?!? Absent ebola or death, no one wants to hear another complaint from Courtney. Reality shows typically film 2 episodes a week. Drew has been hearing Courtney's complaints every other day for a month.

Law's hair was amazing.

I think Binta's dress was probably Gambian. I'm Nigerian - American. Sometimes when people make modern western style clothing out of wax print you'll get weird ruffles. It's not because of the fabric, but because traditional clothing styles tend to have been heavily influenced by colonial dress styles from the early 1900s and the seamstresses have a hard time not using all of that frippery even in the modern western style clothes.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sourpickles said:

Then I apologize for my crack at the dress.  I did not mean to offend, I just thought it was a bad dress.  And *tiny voice* it was a bit muchly.....

Don't worry it was ugly. I was explaining the context behind the ugly. It was most definitely hideous.

Everytime I get things made in wax print it is this endless struggle with the seamstresses even when I give them patterns. I'm like "Why does this have a mutton sleeve? I gave you a sleeveless pattern." It's become better in the past decade or so.

• Love 7

LOL, someone must have told Marissa to pretend she gave a crap about Kyle.  Marissa was able to do it for about 3 seconds.

I don't hate Binta, but she was cannon fodder.  

However, I think she should have stayed another week and Courtney should have gone.  How many times have they told her to stop complaining?  How many times have they threatened to back it up with action?  Over and over and over they yell at her, but she doesn't get cut.  If I were her I wouldn't take them seriously either.

But hey, fine acting the entire way around as whatshername pretended like she cared about whatever Courtney was saying.  Her body language and question both make me think she was completely closed off, but in the space of 5 seconds she is suddenly crying?  Girl, go watch some soap operas...they do it better.

I'm not even sure what the initial disagreement was about?  She didn't like the way Courtney talked to other people, so she was going to say something the next time she heard it?  How about....wait until it happens again and then pipe up.  It just seemed like a way to get in the clique of girls that hates Courtney.

I'm not sure who I'm pulling for, I like Tatianna, but she might be a little too perfect.  I like India, and I'm starting to warm to Corey.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, waving feather said:

Tatiana is pretty and not a bad model but she doesn't have a distinct face like Courtney, India or Tash Cody. I wouldn't be able to recognize her outside the show.

Totally disagree with a big D.  India reminds me of Gigi Hadid, nothing special about her look at all.  I agree that Courtney (who I can't stand) and Cody both have distinct looks; but Tatiana is gorgeous IMO.  But I want Courtney off my screen.  What a fucking whiner.  

The problem with this show is modeling is so subjective.  It has everything to do with the person hiring the model.  I can't stand Courtney's face, India looks basic to me; I didn't like Paige at first, but I like her face better than Courtney's.  I think Coryanne and Tatiana are totally beautiful.  Cody is striking as is Binta.  But that's my opinion, am I right or wrong? It's all subjective.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, sourpickles said:

Not only would I not be airing mine on tv, at some point you've gotta get past it, else it rules you forever.  She's got a good shot at a decent career, if she quits moping and bangs out some stellar pics.  Just saying.

This is the thing that makes me suspicious of Courtney's story.  I feel like people who have gone through a difficult childhood are generally very private about it, and its something you have to almost pry from them.  If you're telling the entire world (on national TV!) about your difficult childhood because you had some minor tiff with a girl.....and you sort of love attention.....I don't know.

• Love 3

Also.....did the girls have to take a cab back home after driving in a rolls royce to the boutique?  That Philip Pliner, what a gentleman!

I know its nitpicky, but man, what a way to end that Cinderella story quick.

Additionally, I don't know Jason Derulo, but the constant "baby," "honey" and other terms of endearment were getting on my nerves.  You're here doing a professional photo shoot, not trolling for your next love connection.

• Love 4

I thought Tatianna was much prettier and more striking before her makeover. I think her original hairstyle suited her much better. 

I also wondered why Courtney doesn't carry allergy meds especially with her supposed almond/lipstick allergy.  Her complaining about her skirt during the photo shoot was very unprofessional. I can't imagine someone hiring her more than once for any job, modeling or otherwise.

I thought it was both funny and sad that CoreyAnne (sp?) casually mentioned that her parents call her shallow and spoiled or something like that.  On the one hand, I was thinking that her parents had no right to complain since they are probably the ones that spoiled her.  On the other hand, I was thinking "If even your parents say that about you, then maybe you should take a good hard look at yourself and your priorities." I think she is beautiful and looks the most like a model, but I think her skills are mediocre at best. Imo, she got lucky with a couple decent shots that I didn't think were nearly as good as the judges seemed to think. Whether Courtney's story was completely true or not, it was nice to see CoreyAnne and Tatiana show her some compassion. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is the thing that makes me suspicious of Courtney's story.  I feel like people who have gone through a difficult childhood are generally very private about it, and its something you have to almost pry from them.  If you're telling the entire world (on national TV!) about your difficult childhood because you had some minor tiff with a girl.....and you sort of love attention.....I don't know.

Again, it might be true, but explanation vs. excuse.  My very pet peeve is lack of personal responsibility.  Enough!  Plus, after all these years of reality TV, I always love the (usually) girls coming in with appalling stories and wardrobes that make you wonder who is footing the bill.  And how on earth does one land in this ANTM world?  Yes, now, Instagram, etc., but.............

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Arynm said:

Blonde dude needed to reign it in, he wasn't paying for this out of his own pocket and I didn't see where she cost the show any extra money.

What I think he meant was, if she's going to be a model, no one is going to hire her because all her excuses end up costing them money. I think the show is kind of sending a mixed message with all this "boss" crap because really a model is hired help. They are the sales person and they have to be "on" as soon as the photographer is ready. They have to do what the director wants, not what they think will make them look good. The models may be the ones people recognize, but in the fashion industry they are NOT the boss, not by a long shot. Possibly the very, very top tier can get away with being "sick" on a shoot and not have it end their career but Courtney needs to learn to suck it up and fake it because she's just a freelance employee and if she wastes the bosses money, she's out of there.

I think I buy her story to an extent but I also think she uses it (and probably embellishes it, I mean, having scoliosis (is that what she has wrong with her back?) has to cost a pretty penny, and someone must have paid for treatment. So it's not like she was completely neglected. I think there's more to her story but she only tells the parts that will get her the sympathy she needs. But I do think it explains a lot about how she behaves, and her constant need for attention, even if it is negative attention.

I thought Coreyanne's reaction was also very telling. That girl has lived a privileged life and I think she didn't think that she did. I think she thought because she wasn't living like a Kardashian that she wasn't privileged. I thought I heard her, when they were doing that stupid living installation challenge, talking about how her mother used to do that at Prada or something. And it just reminds me that girl really must suck as a model to need to be on this show with her stunning looks and the connections she should have through her mother. Why is she there?

Still on the India love train. She may be one of my favorites of the whole show. She's sexy and cute and seems to be a very nice, down to earth person. Can't believe how much Cody has grown on me without her twin holding her back. Marissa is probably the only one I don't like at this point.

• Love 4

I believe Courtney's story because I had a friend who had a similar personality and background like hers. Some kids from difficult backgrounds manipulate and lie as they are conditioned to think that's their means of survival. They couldn't believe that people would care for them if they don't do it. Sadly, they also don't realise that it pushes away people who are genuinely trying to be their friend. When Drew was scolding Courtney, she was furiously agreeing and nodding her head but I could tell she wasn't really comprehending the situation. It's not that she doesn't want to but I don't think she knows how to human 100%. Not that that is an excuse because people have to grow up and choose their paths. But it is harder for some people than others. For her sake, I hope she figures it out.

And about spilling it on national TV, that's what the show and the producers urge the kids to do. They might even tell them they have a higher chance to stay on the show if people get to know them and their (sob) story.

• Love 7

So I guess Kyle left her copy of Rubyfruit Jungle for Marissa, huh?  I was craning to see what the book was on her bed when she was squirreling away the picture of Kyle, and I finally saw the title clearly.  Ha!  High hopes, Kyle.  Have we ever seen the show (this iteration or previous) depict a model reading or shown their reading material?  

I think Courtney needs to (re)learn the story of the boy who cried wolf, because sometimes she has a legitimate complaint (how can she lift her leg up higher in that tight skirt?) but if she whines all the time nobody's going to notice when she has a point!  (don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Courtney, but...yeah).  

So, I didn't notice differences in pronunciation...what is the right way and the wrong way to say Derulo?  

Law's hair!  to quote many reality TV people in 2017, I am obsessed with it down.  So pretty!

I was hoping the two "fighting" models would break the purse strap and Philipp Plein (hope I got enough P's in there) would get mad at them.  But good for them for coming up with a winning strategy, and I thought Cody's joy in her new leather jacket was authentic and kind of sweet.  

• Love 5

What ARE those B's again, anyway?  Brand, boss........bitch?  Cause some of those girls here have THAT down pat.  No seriously, that's what they are supposed to have.  Brand, boss,.......can't recall.  I'm sure it'll come to me.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sourpickles said:

What ARE those B's again, anyway?  Brand, boss........bitch?  Cause some of those girls here have THAT down pat.  No seriously, that's what they are supposed to have.  Brand, boss,.......can't recall.  I'm sure it'll come to me.

Me either, but I knew it was the title of the first episode, so I checked the thread and it's "business." as in "getting all up in each other's."  So they have that down too.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

Me either, but I knew it was the title of the first episode, so I checked the thread and it's "business." as in "getting all up in each other's."  So they have that down too.

Ah.  Well, that makes sense. I guess.  Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

What I think he meant was, if she's going to be a model, no one is going to hire her because all her excuses end up costing them money. I think the show is kind of sending a mixed message with all this "boss" crap because really a model is hired help. They are the sales person and they have to be "on" as soon as the photographer is ready. They have to do what the director wants, not what they think will make them look good. The models may be the ones people recognize, but in the fashion industry they are NOT the boss, not by a long shot. Possibly the very, very top tier can get away with being "sick" on a shoot and not have it end their career but Courtney needs to learn to suck it up and fake it because she's just a freelance employee and if she wastes the bosses money, she's out of there.

I think I buy her story to an extent but I also think she uses it (and probably embellishes it, I mean, having scoliosis (is that what she has wrong with her back?) has to cost a pretty penny, and someone must have paid for treatment. So it's not like she was completely neglected. I think there's more to her story but she only tells the parts that will get her the sympathy she needs. But I do think it explains a lot about how she behaves, and her constant need for attention, even if it is negative attention.

I think you're right about the constant need for attention. It's especially interesting because her complaints have largely gotten worse and less sympathetic.

Ashley: Courtney, this picture isn't really doing it for me.

Courtney: I had a hard time shooting this because...

Drew: Goddammit! Courtney, what did I say to you about your complaining on set.

Courtney: I was going to say I hard time shooting this because Godzilla came rampaging through and I only had one take.

Rita: Gov'nuh, you need to own it. Next time you gotta boss that reptile 'cause you need to make them bees 'n' honey.

Everyone else on the panel: Whut?!?!?

Courtney: And my knee really really hurt.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, absolutqt said:

Yeah, yeah Rita.  I understand that you're British.  But hearing you say "photo" (pho - o!) makes me feel extra stabby.  

And just because I cannot ever say it enough, Jason Derulo is all kinds of corny.

I agree with you, and I also think it's a fun homage to Tyra's overpronunciation of the word.  One thing I don't like- the girls just walk off when called instead of walking up to get a pho-to. I get that we're digital and whatnot, but c'mon.  

About Courtney's complaining and the smackdown- I get his point, but I need them to get as heated about things other than attitudes (like pho-os), and I don't see how Courtney's bitching has actually cost money.  It's annoying, but she ultimately gets a decent shot, right, because the camera loves her.  And...are they giving girls extra frames or time or anything like that?  

My point is, I'm not convinced she's actually costing them money at this point. She's irritating, and I think people are willing to deal with irritating if it makes them money.  Meaning her face might actually be enough.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 9
Just now, millahnna said:

I wish Ashley was the host. 

Seems like a lot of us do.  I'm a little tired of seeing her everywhere, but on this show, she, for the most part, is professional with clear, concise, intelligent comments that relate to the business at hand.  Plus, she's likeable and can actually speak about the industry, on many levels.  I'm way outside the demo, but I'm pretty sure Rita Ora got cast to drag new and younger eyes onto the show.  I'll speak only for myself, but I'm a fan from C1, and there are others on here too, and at least one or two have to be inching up on me age wise, cause we remember all this stuff.  Personally, I had more familiarity with Ashley than Rita.  Again, just me.

• Love 1

Um.

How do I say this delicately?

sourpickles, my little cornichon?

absolutqt, you cutie!

HunterHunted, so liked.

Jobiska, so wise.

Darlings----***IT'S A WIG!!!***

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, if you check out Law's instagram, you'll see his hair is shorn very close to the scalp. The give-away is that he can't stop himself from caressing it. People with real hair that thick & lustrous don't tend to do that; it's damaging & they probably spent a long time styling it just so.

(O.k. I've been stalling for 20 minutes before clicking "submit." I really do like all your comments & I don't want to inhibit folks from saying what they feel for fear of being "corrected." Reading people's honest opinions are why I check this website daily!)

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Um.

How do I say this delicately?

sourpickles, my little cornichon?

absolutqt, you cutie!

HunterHunted, so liked.

Jobiska, so wise.

Darlings----***IT'S A WIG!!!***

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, if you check out Law's instagram, you'll see his hair is shorn very close to the scalp. The give-away is that he can't stop himself from caressing it. People with real hair that thick & lustrous don't tend to do that; it's damaging & they probably spent a long time styling it just so.

(O.k. I've been stalling for 20 minutes before clicking "submit." I really do like all your comments & I don't want to inhibit folks from saying what they feel for fear of being "corrected." Reading people's honest opinions are why I check this website daily!)

I can normally spot a wig from 100 yards away.  I'm not going to call it a superpower, but I do have a cape.  :)  I didn't see any tip offs and I don't necessarily think that fiddling with your hair means it's not naturally long/lustrous. 

ETA:  I just spent the last 15 minutes looking at pictures of Law on my cell phone and @NowVoyager I tip my hat to you!  That hairline is almost perfect, but if you look real close you can see the lace, and its all very uniform.  So, I guess its a wig, he must have that thing cemented down to the core, or maybe he just braids it on the wig form, but I've never been able to get french braids like that from a wig.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Jobiska said:

So I guess Kyle left her copy of Rubyfruit Jungle for Marissa, huh?  I was craning to see what the book was on her bed when she was squirreling away the picture of Kyle, and I finally saw the title clearly.  Ha!  High hopes, Kyle.  Have we ever seen the show (this iteration or previous) depict a model reading or shown their reading material?  

Thanks for the link. I totally missed that & the book sounds juicy! Clearly Marissa's not above sleeping/seducing her way to the top. She thoroughly enjoyed flashing her tits at Jason DeWhatsHisName. At least she was honest. Much has been made on the show of her immaturity due to her age, but I call bullshit on that. 18/19 is the standard age for most new models, some even start at 14 or 12.

Ashley would make a great host. I watched her do the Miss Universe pageant & she was terrific speaking live, even during a technological glitch she comported herself well. (A bit off-topic but I was furious "Sports Illustrated" made her share the cover when she clearly had the best picture of the three. Also, I think "Victoria's Secret" is asleep at the wheel. That woman could sell me some lingerie & I'm hardly so-called plus-sized.)

I think the show is setting Courtney up for a redemption storyline. Otherwise she would have been dismissed long ago.

Binta makes a striking first impression, but her pictures were consistently weak. Now, they just need to get rid of Paige & the Twin to get down to the meat & bones of the contest.

55 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I can normally spot a wig from 100 yards away.  I'm not going to call it a superpower, but I do have a cape.  :)  I didn't see any tip offs and I don't necessarily think that fiddling with your hair means it's not naturally long/lustrous. 

ETA:  I just spent the last 15 minutes looking at pictures of Law on my cell phone and @NowVoyager I tip my hat to you!  That hairline is almost perfect, but if you look real close you can see the lace, and its all very uniform.  So, I guess its a wig, he must have that thing cemented down to the core, or maybe he just braids it on the wig form, but I've never been able to get french braids like that from a wig.

Lol! You keep that cape on, boo! Just make sure you **twirl** with it!!!

I can't figure out how to show pictures from his instagram page here: Law Roach @luxurylaw, but there are many where he has his short, natural hair covered by a hat. It shows enough that you get the idea. He should really publicize his hair stylist!

• Love 1