Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Who Are You?

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The problem seems to be that Arrow and The Flash are treating different Earths differently. Arrow seems to be acting like E-2 is just E-1 but someone makes a different choice at some point that leads to something like BS somehow having a bit of Laurel in her. So anyone good on E-1 must be good on E-2 or have the potential to be good. I think Oliver needs to sit down with Team Flash and get a complete lesson in multiple Earths. 

• Love 7

Yeah despite what Marc said I don't see what point they would have to bring her back or where she could go from there. 

I mean they could redeem her but they have no interest in having her on the show beyond the odd guest spot so what's the point? 

I think at best they'll keep her as a Cupid type Villan. If they were to redeem her it would require more story and air time then I feel they are willing to give.

42 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The problem seems to be that Arrow and The Flash are treating different Earths differently. Arrow seems to be acting like E-2 is just E-1 but someone makes a different choice at some point that leads to something like BS somehow having a bit of Laurel in her. So anyone good on E-1 must be good on E-2 or have the potential to be good. I think Oliver needs to sit down with Team Flash and get a complete lesson in multiple Earths. 

At this point, I don't think Arrow is treating it that way. I think it's pretty clear that the only one who thinks the only reason E-2 Laurel is evil is Oliver, and it's mainly because he really wants that to be true. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I think it's pretty clear that the only one who thinks the only reason E-2 Laurel is evil is Oliver, and it's mainly because he really wants that to be true. 

No, Oliver is the only one who doesn't think that E-2 BS is Evil. He's the only one who delusionally thinks there's some good in her because dumbass is under the misapprehension that she is the Laurel of his Earth, despite evidence to the contrary.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, Oliver is the only one who doesn't think that E-2 BS is Evil. He's the only one who delusionally thinks there's some good in her because dumbass is under the misapprehension that she is the Laurel of his Earth, despite evidence to the contrary.

Ha. I should proofread. That should say that Oliver is the only one who thinks she's evil strictly due to circumstances. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

To be fair, even on the Flash they played fast and loose with what made people different. E2Barry really wasn't that different than E1 Barry was before he'd been hit by lightning except for being a bit more bookish and his parents being alive.  Iris might as well have been the same Iris if E1 Iris had joined the police force.  

But then we had Hunter Zolomon that was a monster on E2 but a normal guy on E1.  (Also, that's the part of the E2 mythology that said I think that their DNA was different since Caitlin wanted to just borrow "Jay's" E1 counterpart's good DNA but was told it wasn' t a match.  Maybe someone else remembers more on that)

6 hours ago, bijoux said:

This was very enjoyable.

tumblr_okhy2iqbkV1usrl03o3_400.gif

tumblr_okhy2iqbkV1usrl03o4_400.gif

tumblr_okhy2iqbkV1usrl03o2_400.gif

This was such a doubly great moment.  Just the line all by itself, but when he'd dismissed the team and there was this pause where all he might say to Felicity was running through my mind, this was exactly what I wanted but never expected to get, so I completely swooned when it actually came.   

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

since Caitlin wanted to just borrow "Jay's" E1 counterpart's good DNA but was told it wasn't a match.  

I kind of remember that, but since it was "Jay" that told her that (if I'm recalling correctly), I'm not sure how much we can rely on what he said.  And also there was the issue of "Jay" having the speed force and E-1 HZ not. 

But that does raise the question - wouldn't BS being a meta have changed her DNA enough that it wouldn't be an exact match to Laurel's?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This was such a doubly great moment.  Just the line all by itself, but when he'd dismissed the team and there was this pause where all he might say to Felicity was running through my mind, this was exactly what I wanted but never expected to get, so I completely swooned when it actually came.   

What I also liked about it was right before he told them to leave Felicity mentioned that it's the same plan Oliver had with Anarky back in 410. It really helped to continue the tone of the two of them having had history with each other, at least to me because they were referencing things from that time. Part of me just kind of felt the cut into the tension for that scene just from her mentioning that because I was remembering the context and circumstances behind why Oliver made that plan, and I could kind of feel Oliver remembering that too. It made him remarking about how she could have been hurt mean more to me, since the context of him acting irrationally with his plan with Darhk and Anarky last year was because Felicity was hurt in the first place.

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, way2interested said:

What I also liked about it was right before he told them to leave Felicity mentioned that it's the same plan Oliver had with Anarky back in 410. It really helped to continue the tone of the two of them having had history with each other, at least to me because they were referencing things from that time. Part of me just kind of felt the cut into the tension for that scene just from her mentioning that because I was remembering the context and circumstances behind why Oliver made that plan, and I could kind of feel Oliver remembering that too. It made him remarking about how she could have been hurt mean more to me, since the context of him acting irrationally with his plan with Darhk and Anarky last year was because Felicity was hurt in the first place.

It's rich details and history like that that can elevate the story and characters in the story.  That's not just weight between the characters, but between the characters and the audience.  This is the kind of connectivity I was so craving from this show.  I want to be pulled in and made to care and understand what and why they are feeling and acting like they are.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

But that does raise the question - wouldn't BS being a meta have changed her DNA enough that it wouldn't be an exact match to Laurel's?

This is a great question, but also the best part is realizing the Arrow writers don't watch Flash.

• Love 11
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, romantic idiot said:

Chase does have an in with the leader of the City's Government so getting a 'no objection' certificate shouldn't be too hard.

I'll confess I was bored.

Btw, I looked this up, and it seems to be an Indian thing, primarily. It's pretty definitely not a U.S. law thing.

So what I meant to do was respond to the person above saying that one of the biggest issues that Chase would face would come from the City Government that employed him, who might object to him taking on a side case while being employed by them. However, said I, attempting to jest (evidently poorly) that I didn't think it would be much of an issue to get said City Government to waive any objections they may have (perhaps by providing a no objection certificate / letter / writ / affidavit / document / scroll / book / pamphlet / stone tablet) given that Oliver, the Mayor, is the leader of that same City Government and would be in a position to grant such a request from Chase. 

My apologies for being hopelessly obscure and inscrutable.

I actually rewatched some of the episode, which hasn't happened in a while.

Rory possibly got thrown around the least, yet he's the only one with a shiner. Poor boo. I am really, really digging his and Felicity's energy. It's way more lowkey than her and Curtis, but there seems to be some possibly deeper understanding and connection on an emotional level. With Curtis it's definitely there intelectually, but with Rory it seems to have more weight.

I accidentally caught some of the flashbacks, and I appreciate how Oliver's inclusion into the Bratva seems to be going. This dude was offering him a group of people who would accept him with no judgement when Oliver was judging himself. It makes sense for who he was and where he was at to seek for those connections.

They seem to have done almost a 180 with Rene, what with him complimenting Curtis on his work, when so far he only seemed to value brute strength and trying to make him funny. I disliked him less in this episode, but I actually thought the actor did a better job playing a douche. Maybe he's confused with the swerve as well. I noticed this in an earlier episode as well, but when did they start dressing him in oversized clothing? It doesn't feel like it's always been the case, but there was the hoodie in this episode and the coat which he had already worn in the MSF. Is he pilfering through Curtis' locker?

Thea really is dedicated to her job, what with going on a conference right after finding out that Prometheus is targetting everyone, including her, and that he tricked Oliver into killing an innocent dude Felicity was dating.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

Thea really is dedicated to her job, what with going on a conference right after finding out that Prometheus is targetting everyone, including her, and that he tricked Oliver into killing an innocent dude Felicity was dating.

Maybe leaving town was the only way she was let out of the bunker?  Of course thanks to a conversation with NotLaurel, Prometheus would now know where Thea was is he wanted to target her, isolated and alone.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe leaving town was the only way she was let out of the bunker?  Of course thanks to a conversation with NotLaurel, Prometheus would now know where Thea was is he wanted to target her, isolated and alone.  

Shh, stop using logic. It's like how in the same episode, Oliver moved Thea into the bunker and everyone worried about what Evelyn could have told Prometheus, and then by episode's end, everyone had gone their own ways and, here, one day later, it's like they forgot that even happened. 

Speaking of, no time had passed. When exactly did Thea leave for that conference? As soon as she stopped hugging Felicity? 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Speaking of, no time had passed. When exactly did Thea leave for that conference? As soon as she stopped hugging Felicity?

Exactly!  The hug ends and Thea turns to Felicity and reminds her she did promise to give her a ride to the airport.

• Love 9

It explains why Thea hugged Felicity -- she wanted to make sure her ride to the airport was safe.

9 hours ago, bijoux said:

They seem to have done almost a 180 with Rene, what with him complimenting Curtis on his work, when so far he only seemed to value brute strength and trying to make him funny.

I wonder if this was the point they started getting audience feedback on WD.  Production Draft was October 13th, the day after The Recruits aired. Shoot dates were October 21 - Nov 1, covering the airing of episodes 2 - 4.

• Love 4

I suddenly realized I hadn't gone through the thread (in my defense, I didn't even realize I was going to enjoy this episode so much until I finally watched it days after it aired), but I have to chime in with this:

On 1/25/2017 at 10:17 PM, BkWurm1 said:

I did have to pause the show though at one point and rant about them finding Laurel's picture on Oliver. Nope, nope, I do not buy for a second that he'd had it on him the whole time.  He's been captured WAAAAAAAAY too many times for it to have survived goons pawing through his pockets.  How he even gets it back this time is a mystery since do we really think they gave it back to him after they were done taunting him with it (and didn't it seem to be in worse condition than the one he gave back to Laurel?  Maybe I can buy he swung by the plane and grabbed it last time he was on the island but still, it felt like just another Laurel retcon for the season.  

I'm convince that the photo Laurel handed Ollie right before he got on the boat was just one of a set; while Sara was sneaking on board with Ollie, Laurel was paying off the boat staff to stash the approximately six dozen other copies in various spots on the boat, including at least two or three dozen hidden among the life preservers, and in the back of Robert Queen's mysterious book. Just to be cute.

Also:

On 1/25/2017 at 10:17 PM, BkWurm1 said:

Can't go as far as saying I liked Rene, but I didn't want to smack him more than a couple times which is a huge improvement.  They really toned down his essence of ass.

I don't disagree with you, but this term conjures a very different picture in my head than the one I'm sure you were going for.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

I suddenly realized I hadn't gone through the thread (in my defense, I didn't even realize I was going to enjoy this episode so much until I finally watched it days after it aired), but I have to chime in with this:

I'm convince that the photo Laurel handed Ollie right before he got on the boat was just one of a set; while Sara was sneaking on board with Ollie, Laurel was paying off the boat staff to stash the approximately six dozen other copies in various spots on the boat, including at least two or three dozen hidden among the life preservers, and in the back of Robert Queen's mysterious book. Just to be cute.

Also:

I don't disagree with you, but this term conjures a very different picture in my head than the one I'm sure you were going for.

I like to imagine that Laurel gave him a copy of that same picture every time he left her presence. Like, oh you're going to the kitchen for more ice cream? Here's a picture to remember me by. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, RandomMe said:
On 1/25/2017 at 9:17 PM, BkWurm1 said:

They really toned down his essence of ass.

You might be surprised.  I REALLY don't like him.  ;)

• Love 1

I don't either, but "essence" makes me think "top quality" -- as if his butt is so perfectly sculpted that I can't look away. Although "excellence" is probably more apt than "essence" in that case.

Sorry. I'll see myself out.

1 hour ago, RandomMe said:

I don't either, but "essence" makes me think "top quality" -- as if his butt is so perfectly sculpted that I can't look away. Although "excellence" is probably more apt than "essence" in that case.

Sorry. I'll see myself out.

Ah, I thought you were thinking of the other meaning of essence (concentrated scent) not just the other meaning of ass, lol.  

• Love 1
On 1/30/2017 at 0:04 PM, AyChihuahua said:

Btw, I looked this up, and it seems to be an Indian thing, primarily. It's pretty definitely not a U.S. law thing.

Probably analogous to a conflict waiver or some such

• Love 1
18 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Shh, stop using logic. It's like how in the same episode, Oliver moved Thea into the bunker and everyone worried about what Evelyn could have told Prometheus, and then by episode's end, everyone had gone their own ways and, here, one day later, it's like they forgot that even happened. 

Oliver does that a lot. He knew RAG was targeting his loved ones in S3 and still left Thea alone in her own home, where she was easy to find. He knew or at least should have known that DD'd be after Felicity, who just foiled his WHOLE PLAN, in S4 and he still left her alone in her own home.

I think it's just bc of their brainless plotty-plot writing style, but it doesn't make me like Oliver any better. 

• Love 1

I think a lot of that can also be attributed to a limited number of sets. Because the loft, much like the bunker should be protected from all manner of dangers considering the crap that has gone on there. At least Laurel's place is getting a breather now.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, romantic idiot said:

So what I meant to do was respond to the person above saying that one of the biggest issues that Chase would face would come from the City Government that employed him, who might object to him taking on a side case while being employed by them. However, said I, attempting to jest (evidently poorly) that I didn't think it would be much of an issue to get said City Government to waive any objections they may have (perhaps by providing a no objection certificate / letter / writ / affidavit / document / scroll / book / pamphlet / stone tablet) given that Oliver, the Mayor, is the leader of that same City Government and would be in a position to grant such a request from Chase. 

I'm going to drop it after this, but my point was that there is no way, regardless of who is in charge, that a full-time city prosecutor would be allowed to provide a criminal defense to a military defendant while being paid to work full-time by the city. It's not as if he can do it in his off hours, bc trial-lawyering happens during the day. Courts are pretty much 9-5. He would need to take a leave of absence.

(And he actually said he was expanding his practice. Which is...not a thing for city prosecutors.)

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

(And he actually said he was expanding his practice. Which is...not a thing for city prosecutors.)

I guess they're extending their 'war on ......' to something new.

It always amuses me when MG, the lawyer, gets the law wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)

510 (Who Are You?) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver and Felicity welcome Laurel back from the dead:
Laurel: "Hi, Ollie."
Oliver: "I saw you die."
Laurel: "I was saved. I saw this white light, and... it's - it's just like they say. This angel, she - she reached out to me, but she wasn't an angel. She was my sister."
Oliver: "What?"
Laurel: "Sara - she - she had me teleported to the Waverider. They have this technology that fixed the embolism."
Oliver: "I was there. Everyone was there. Nobody saw a white light, and you didn't go anywhere."
Laurel: "That's because she hadn't done it yet. Ollie... Ollie I asked her - I asked her to bring me to your present. She gave me the same gift that I gave her. (Puts up her hand to cradle Oliver's cheek) She gave me a second chance."
Oliver: "It's a miracle. It's a miracle." (They hug)
Felicity (entering): "Laurel?"
Laurel: "Hi, Felicity."
Felicity (hugs Laurel): "Oh, my God! Ohh! Oh, my God! It's a miracle."
Laurel: "Oliver said the exact same thing.”
Felicity: "I thought Sara and the Legends were against changing history."
Laurel: "Sara said that they figured out a way to bring me back without causing a, uh -"
Oliver: "An aberration."
Laurel: "Yes. That. (To Felicity) Are you okay?"
Felicity: "Fine. Yeah. I just wish the Legends could bring back everybody we wanted."
(Oliver looks at Felicity. Laurel looks at Oliver and then back at Felicity.)
Laurel: "What happened? What'd I miss?"
Felicity: "We'll talk about it later. The important thing is that you're back from the past, which they brought you back from months later, and they just dropped you here. So weird. Time travel. Am I right? Wow! Heh. Do you guys want a coffee? I, um - gonna get a deca - decaf probably because of..." (Leaves)
Laurel: "It's nice to see some things haven't changed. Oh. I have to call my dad. He's gonna kill me for coming here first."
Oliver: "Laurel, after you... Uh, y-your dad left with Donna and, uh, it didn't go well."
Laurel: "He's drinking again."
Oliver: "He's in rehab, but he's - he's - he's getting better. He's getting the help that he needs."
Laurel: "Wow. Nine months. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do."
Felicity (entering): "Which is why I'm gonna tell everyone to come to the party."
Oliver: "What party?"
Felicity: "The party that we're gonna throw for Laurel tomorrow night."
Laurel: "That sounds great. I mean, I - I would love to see everyone - Thea and John."
Felicity: "Oh, my - John! Ohh! I came here to tell you, and I totally forgot."
Oliver: "What's going on with John?"

510 (Who Are You?) – At the party at the loft, Team Arrow celebrate Laurel's return:
Laurel (on phone): "You don't have to drop everything and fly home, Thea. I'll still be here when the conference is over, and the way Oliver describes it, you're the one that's doing all the heavy lifting at the mayor's office."
Rory: "I guess spontaneous resurrection is as good as any reason for a party."
Felicity: "But -"
Rory: "But we haven't even buried Detective Malone yet."
Felicity: "It feels weird to be celebrating?"
Rory: "It doesn't feel weird to you?"
Felicity: "Y-yes, weird, yeah. Weird or - I guess. After the past four years, it's just hard for me to accept good news."
Rene: "Weird, man. She was dead. Now she's not."
Oliver: "Well, that's time travel for you."
Rene: "Well, I don't mean Laurel being back is what's weird. It's how you're all reacting to it like it's happened before. It's happened before?"
Oliver: "The Lance sisters have a habit of coming back to life."
Rene: "Wait, what? (Goes out on balcony) Yo, Curtis. Come back inside. We're gonna make a toast."
Curtis: "Doesn't feel right to be... gathering around like this. Detective Malone is dead, Evelyn betrayed us, and Prometheus is still out there. We should be trying to find him, making him pay for everything."
Oliver: "A little over a year ago, I - I stood right here, and I remarked that I wished it wasn't just the dark times that brought us together. With all the loss that we have suffered, I think it's important that we embrace the miracles, too, and that we remember they are still possible. Welcome home, Laurel."
Laurel: "Cheers."

510 (Who Are You?) – We learn that Felicity threw the party as a ruse to obtain Laurel's DNA; and Black Siren reveals that she was impersonating Earth-1 Laurel: 
Rory (entering): "Hey."
Felicity (jumps in her seat): "What?!"
Rory: "Sorry."
Felicity: "God. I wasn't expecting anyone here. It's late."
Rory: "I - I don't sleep much - or at all. Side effect of wearing haunted rags, I guess, so I figured I'd train. What's that?"
Felicity: "It's nothing. It's, uh - it's, uh, my Q-mail, you know, my Facechat, Snapbook stuff. All the kids are doing these new, crazy social media things. You know, I just -"
Rory: "You're running a DNA analysis."
Felicity: "Yeah, I am. On Laurel's glass."
Rory: "That - what, you took from the party?"
Felicity: "Oh. If by party, you mean my brilliant ruse to collect her DNA, then, yes, you are correct."
Rory: "Wow. Yeah. You know, there's looking a gift horse in the mouth, and then there's -"
Felicity: "Being driven by paranoid delusions, drawing comparisons on genetic base pairs? Yes, I'm aware, thank you. I - yeah."
Rory: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Yeah."
(Computer beeps.)
Rory: "Well?"
Felicity: "DNA matches."
Rory: "Okay. So we can rule out shapeshifter."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Rory: "Ooh. What about, uh, evil twin?"
Felicity: "Oh... no."
Rory: "Okay. I was joking."
Felicity: "No. No. No, no, no, no. She actually has an evil twin."
Rory: "Seriously?"
Felicity: "Yeah. She's locked up in S.T.A.R. Labs. I'll explain later. Right now, we have to call Cisco."
(Sonic scream sounds, shattering glass and throwing them onto the floor.)
Black Siren (entering): "Finally. It's about time someone figured it out. You know, I am so sick and tired of playing this weak, vulnerable Laurel. She's such a pill, it's pathetic. (Screams again) You know, the one problem with my ability is that I can never hear my poor, little victims scream." (Screams again)
Oliver (entering): "Laurel!" 
(Black Siren screams again and leaves. Oliver goes over to Felicity on the floor.)
Oliver: "Hey! Are you hurt?"
Felicity: "I'm gonna be okay, but -"
Oliver: "It's not our Laurel."
tumblr_inline_opb69mER3J1rac8qx_1280.jpg

510 (Who Are You?) – Team Arrow is told about Black Siren:
Rene: "So that Laurel's from an alternate reality?"
Curtis: "Technically, she's from a parallel universe. We're on Earth-1. The look-alike Laurel's from another earth, Earth-2. Over there, we all have doppelgänger versions of ourselves who could be very similar or incredibly different based on an infinite amount of variables. I would love to see what I'm like on Earth-2. Oh, God. What if I'm straight?"
Rory: "Okay. One thing I don't get - well, you know, there's a list of things I don't get, but at the top is, this fake Laurel seemed to know, like, everything. How's that possible?"
Oliver: "Prometheus. Cisco just sent this over. It is from three days ago, but nobody knew because no alarms were tripped."
Rory: "It's like he's a dybbuk."
Rene: "Yeah. I don't know what that is."
Curtis: "One question."
Felicity: "Just one?"
Curtis: "Prometheus breaks into S.T.A.R. Labs, gets NotLaurel, Henry Higgins-es her into coming off as real Laurel. That's a lot of hoops. Why not just kill you?"
Oliver: "He told me he doesn't want to. He's proving to me that I will destroy myself and everyone close to me."
Felicity: "Well, he's gonna be disappointed, but we are gonna put Black Siren back in her cage."
Rory: "Black Siren?"
Felicity: "Every meta gets a nickname."
Oliver: "Let's hit the streets. She is not leaving the city until this is over."
Rene: "What are you gonna do?"
Oliver: "John needs my help as mayor. I will be on my cell."

510 (Who Are You?) – Team Arrow sets up a trap at the Black Canary statue where Oliver has arranged to meet Black Siren:
Felicity (over comms): Any sign of Black Siren?"
Oliver (over comms): "Not yet. But everyone's gonna stand down and do not -"
Rene (over comms): "Yeah, we get it."
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah? Well, I say take her down."
Oliver (over comms): "Overwatch!"
Felicity (over comms): "You heard the boss. This is an eyes-only operation for you."
Oliver (over comms): "I have eyes on."
Felicity (over comms): "Boys, I just put you on a separate channel."
Curtis (over comms): "Uh, why?"
Felicity (over comms): "So if Black Siren looks like she's about to double-cross - and trust me, she will - you have it on my authority to light her up."
Black Siren: "Thank you for meeting me. You don't believe me. Prometheus threatened to kill me."
Oliver: "You're a very convincing liar."
Black Siren: "I deserve that."
Oliver: "According to S.T.A.R. Labs, you'd help Prometheus even if he wasn't threatening anyone."
Black Siren: "That's what they think. What do you think? I can help you track him." (Pulls something out of her pocket)
Felicity (over comms): "Take her out."
(Rene and Curtis attack, Black Siren screams, she destroys the Black Canary statue, and Oliver throws a tranq dart at her.)

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver and Felicity argue about her disobeying his orders:
Oliver: "I told you not to engage!"
Rory: "We know. It's just -"
Rene: "She, um, spooked us."
Felicity (entering): "You guys are terrible liars. I told them to move on her."
Oliver: "Since when are they taking orders from you?"
Felicity: "I don't know, but I kind of like it. She had something in her hand."
Oliver: "She had her phone in her hand."
Felicity: "Well, it didn't look like her phone, and I don't trust her, so I told them to move."
Oliver: "I had the situation under control. She told me that Prometheus forced her to do this. Now whether or not that is true, she was going to give us valuable intel on him."
Felicity: "She's playing you, Oliver."
Oliver: "I understand that you're suspicious of her, and I know this Laurel is from another Earth, that this is not our Laurel, but we don't know why. We don't." (Leaves)
Felicity: "I told you. Blinders."

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver talks to the caged Black Siren:
Black Siren: "So basically, I'm trading a cell in Central City for a cell in Starling City."
Oliver: "Actually, on this Earth, we call it Star City. I'm sorry about the cell."
Black Siren: "I told you that Prometheus was going to kill me, and that is why I did what I did."
Oliver: "Your history on Earth-2 would suggest you had other reasons."
Black Siren: "You don't trust me?"
Oliver: "Can you blame me?"
Black Siren: "No. Because on my world, you've been dead for 10 years now. I moved to Central City for a fresh start. That's where this happened. And from then, it was just one bad choice after another. And I guess, once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out. And now I am trapped in a parallel dimension, telling my sob story to... the doppelgänger of the man that - that I loved."
Oliver: "So stop running. Face the darkness."
Black Siren: "How does that work?"
Oliver: "First, you need to tell me everything that you know about Prometheus, everything, and then we keep you safe."
Black Siren: "And you're willing to do that why? Why? Because I look like someone you used to know."
Oliver: "Someone once told me that a circumstance could make something poison or nectar. What they meant was that we get to choose what we are, we get to choose who we are, so tell me... Who are you?"

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver and Felicity argue over Black Siren:
(Felicity is training by punching the punching bag. Oliver enters.)
Oliver: "Hey. Keep your wrist straight just so you don't jam it."
Felicity: "Mmm."
Oliver: "I, uh - I spoke to Laurel."
Felicity: "When did she become 'Laurel'? She's not Laurel, not Laurel Laurel. She's not our Laurel, okay?"
Oliver: "Okay. Felicity, I'm - I can't pretend to understand parallel worlds, but if I'm gonna believe in them - and - and I kind of have to now - then I need to believe that differences are caused by circumstances, so why can't we change this Laurel's circumstances?"
Felicity: "You think that you can save her? After she's thrown in with Prometheus?"
Oliver: "Under duress. I... Heh. I think I can reach her."
Felicity: "When did you find the time to get a Ph.D. in psychology?"
Oliver: "I'm a quick study."

510 (Who Are You?) – Felicity talks to the caged Black Siren, the security system fails, and Black Siren escapes:
Black Siren: "So tell me. What happened between you and Oliver? Did he find someone else? Or were you not tall enough? Do you have a sister? Because I hear he loves sisters."
Felicity: "Oliver seems to think that because you look like Laurel that you could become her."
Black Siren: "And what do you think?"
Felicity: "I think... you should get used to living in cages. There's a part of him that blames himself for Laurel's death. It's who he is. So when he looks at you, he sees more than just Laurel. He sees his shot at redemption."
Black Siren: "Wow. It must be really frustrating that he doesn't listen to you."
Felicity: "Oh, I'm used to it."
(Alarm sounds. Black Siren screams and shatters the glass on her cage.)

510 (Who Are You?) – We learn that Felicity let Black Siren escape; and Oliver argues with Felicity over her actions:
Oliver: "How'd she escape?"
Rory: "The power went off and the dampener along with it."
Rene: "And Goldilocks huffed and puffed and blew the door down."
Curtis: "That's not exactly how her power works."
Oliver: "Was there something wrong with Cisco's specs? Because didn't we just replicate the Pipeline security system?"
Felicity: "We did. I let her go."
Oliver: "What?"
Rene: "Damn, Blondie!"
Felicity: "I'm sorry, but, everyone, just relax. I put tracking nanites in her water, the same ones we used to find Malcolm Merlyn."
Oliver (sarcastically): "That makes everything better!"
Felicity: "Isn't that exactly how you used Anarky to find Darhk last year?"
Oliver: "Could we have the room, please?"
Rene: "Seriously? This is getting good."
Curtis: "Rene, Rory, come on, guys." (They leave)
Oliver: "You - you could have been hurt."
Felicity: "Whatever happened to 'if we change her circumstances'?"
Oliver: "You risked your life to get a line on Prometheus because of Billy."
Felicity: "Well, now that you're killing again, I thought, 'why not put it to use?'"
Oliver: "No. We're gonna get justice for Billy."
Felicity: "But first, we need to take care of your ex, who's not even your ex."
(Oliver watches part of surveillance recording of Felicity's conversation with Black Siren.)
Felicity (on recording): "There's a part of him that blames himself for Laurel's death. It's who he is. So when he looks at you, he sees more than just Laurel. He sees his shot at redemption."
Oliver: "It's like I said. You know me better than almost anyone. I failed Laurel before. I can't... I can't fail her again."
Felicity: "I don't have to remind you that this isn't her."
Oliver: "I know. Our Laurel's gone. She's the last chance that I have... Okay? (Felicity nods) Billy is my responsibility. And we will get justice for him."
Felicity: "I'll let you know when the trackers metabolize and go live."

510 (Who Are You?) – Felicity tracks down Black Siren's location:
Felicity: "Tracker's live."
Oliver: "Where is she?"
Felicity: "The nanites just metabolized. I'm triangulating them with the keyhole satellite feed. Remind me to upgrade our Internet tomorrow. Got it. 1400 block Brand Boulevard. Pulling up keyhole now."
Curtis: "I think I have something that will help, a mobile version of the dampener from S.T.A.R. Labs."
Oliver: "Think?"
Curtis: "I might need some more time with it. The circuitry's pretty complex, I'm feeling a lot of pressure, and I just want to make sure -"
Oliver: "Felicity can come with and help you."
Felicity: "Hold up. Not getting a good enough reading off the thermal imaging. There's no way to tell if Black Siren is actually with Prometheus, and the whole point of doing this is to catch that son of a... bitch. We need to wait till we get visual confirmation on Prometheus."
Oliver: "We're not waiting for anything. We're gonna bring her in right now. Get on board with this. Suit up."

510 (Who Are You?) – Team Arrow seeks to capture Black Siren and ends up fighting both her and Prometheus:
Oliver (hearing sonic scream): "She's here. (To Rene and Rory) Create a perimeter. Go!"
(Felicity and Curtis are in the van working on his mobile dampener.)
Felicity: "Did you hear that?"
Curtis: "Hear what? You're kidding. I think that people in Florida heard that. We need to hurry."
Security Guard (running): "She was crazy. She could scream!"
Oliver: "Run away and call the police!"
Rene: "Don't move, Trinity."
Black Siren: "Oh. I thought you'd be someone else. Disappointing." (Screams)
Curtis: "This should do it."
Felicity: "Are you sure?"
Curtis: "No, but we're out of time."
Oliver: "Prometheus."
(Oliver fights Prometheus. Felicity and Curtis run into the warehouse with the device and encounter Black Siren, who screams and knocks them to the floor. Oliver shoots an arrow into Prometheus.)
Oliver: "Diazepam. That should slow you down."
Prometheus: "Diazepam - you could say I have a tolerance, but you shouldn't be worrying about me right now."
Black Siren: "Ahh. Felicity. I am so sorry, but I think it's about time that I kill you."
Prometheus: "Felicity. Or me!"
Oliver: "Laurel! Don't do this. There's no coming back for you. If you kill Felicity, then you're killing that part of yourself that existed before you lost your family. If you end this now, then we can find that person again... together."
Black Siren: "She was never there."
(Black Siren screams, Oliver protects Felicity on the ground, and Curtis stops the sonic scream with his device.)
Curtis: "You really need to shut your damn mouth."
Felicity: "Hey, pumpkin." (Punches Black Siren) 
Black Siren: "Ohhh!" (Falls unconscious)
Felicity (to Oliver): "Hey. Kept my wrist straight."

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver and Felicity talk about Black Siren and Prometheus:
(Felicity is soaking her sore knuckles.)
Felicity: "Ohh! Ooh! This is why I usually leave the punching to you guys."
Oliver: "It was a memorable punch."
Felicity: "Ow. Typing is going to be a bit of a challenge the next couple days. Serves me right. Because I let Black Siren go, one of those guards could have gotten killed."
Oliver; "We almost got Prometheus. Your plan worked. He was there."
Felicity: "No. If it worked, we'd be putting cuffs on him right now."
Oliver: "We'll get there. We'll get him."
Felicity: "I'm sorry she wasn't her."
Oliver: "I know. I'm sorry about Billy. He was a good man."
Felicity: "Like you. So I'm guessing that Laurel is on her way back to Central City then."
Oliver: "Secure lockup at A.R.G.U.S. I'm keeping her close because... if there's anything left of the real Laurel in there, I'm gonna find it."
Felicity: "You know what? I could really get used to this newfound optimism of yours."
tumblr_inline_op1wl33So41rac8qx_1280.jpg

510 (Who Are You?) – Oliver and Felicity watch the dismantling of the Black Canary statue:
Felicity: "Just doesn't feel right, them just taking it away like this. We should build a new one."
Oliver: "I think we can do better."
Felicity: "Yeah. What are you thinking?"
Oliver: "I haven't kept my promise to Laurel."
Felicity: "You're gonna train a new Black Canary?"
Oliver: "I think that somewhere out there there is a woman worthy of Laurel's legacy. And now all we got to do is find her."

510 (Who Are You?) – We get our first look at 'Tina Boland' (which we now know is an alias used by Dinah Drake) using her metahuman sonic cry:
(In a bar in Hub City)
Bar Waitress: "You boys want another round?"
Man 1: "No. I was thinking of ordering something that's, uh, not on the menu, huh?"
Man 2: "Hey. Where you going, baby?"
Tina (sitting at the bar): "Seriously, could you two be any more of a cliche?"
Man 2: "Don't worry, sweetheart. There's plenty of me to go around."
Tina: "I thought people like you only existed in the movies. You know, two guys trying to overcompensate for their lack of manhood by taking it out on a defenseless woman."
Man 1: "What are you gonna do about it?"
(Tina sonic screams and blows the men out the window.)
Tina: "That." (Smiles)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Laurel: "Sara - she - she had me teleported to the Waverider. They have this technology that fixed the embolism."

The Waverider has the technology to do that and they spent an entire season explaining why Sara couldn't. It was a pretty good arc for Sara along with becoming the Captain but they were determined to neutralise the time traveling sister plot point. 

This was a pretty good backhalf opener and it kicked off a generally very good 5B. I really enjoyed pro active, take no shit Felicity who starts to get a POV for the first time in S5 and highlights why KC/BS is much better as a villain or at least they should tone down the downright nastiness and superiority if she's supposed to be a BC if the spin off is picked up. I can take it from BS but not someone who's talked more about being a hero than actually been one so far. 

Edited by Featherhat