Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Kirsten's Story

• Start Topic

Oh my. A history of food and drug addiction. Just watching a wee bit and her emotional reaction to stress shows she is likely stunted in her emotional development. I am hoping there is good news throughout this episode especially since she has two children even though she has not raised them.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Threnners said:

Wait, the son is supposed to be troubled?  Because that's not the impression I'm getting here at all.

About halfway through the show, it's looking like he's not "troubled" as much as he is emotionally abused. They left him with her in Houston to be her sole caretaker!

p.s. With no evidence at all, my first thought on seeing her father was that he's an alcoholic. Not sure why.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, genieray said:

Okay I am a long time lurker but I had to make an account to say this girl and her entire family are truly insufferable. Have we ever seen a patient on this show cry and have so many tantrums in the first hour alone??! She's like a freaking toddler. 

Me too! I have never disliked anyone on this show as much as I dislike her.  I feel so sorry for her son.  I can't believe they would leave this poor kid alone with her while they went back to Washington.  Gee, I can't imagine why a teenage boy would possibly be resentful of being handed THAT responsibility.

If Kirsten's not careful, she's gonna drown in her own tears.  She cries nonstop.  It's not an endearing quality in an adult.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

She has such a "fat" voice. 

Not watching the episode yet, but I'm picturing Bart Simpson "I wash myself with a rag on a stick."

• Love 17
Just now, CouchTater said:

Yes KGG!!!  That's exactly what it sounds like!!

Something to look forward to!  And as much as I loathe Penny, I have been waiting with baited breath for another one.  And this Kirsten character seems promising.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Omg the whining and crying and bitching when everyone is trying to help her. I'm with Nico, put me on a plane outta there!

I'm ashamed to admit I told the TV, "Will you please shut up?"  Gosh, is she annoying.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Well, she clearly needs anti-depressants. Like, yesterday. Or 20 years ago.

I've wondered, too, whether a course of anti-depressants and/or appetite suppressants would help any of these patients while preparing for their surgery.

The mother, I think, has been completely beaten down (at least emotionally) by both her husband and her daughter. She will do anything to placate them and it's become normal to her. Man, all of these people need serious help. It's not just Kirsten.

• Love 6

Very hard to feel sympathy for Kirsten.  She is just full of excuses.  Her parents contributed to this, and really "created a monster".  She really acts like a child.  Not a 38 year old woman.. 

• Love 9

Another very, very long time lurker decloaking here. Can somebody please get me a glass bottle of wine to go with that WHINE!?

I loved how she whined about nobody understanding or caring about her situation. I yelled at the TV "Hey dimwit, what exactly do you call driving your crybaby self for FIVE freakin days to get help for you!!!" And it was downright scary how quickly she wolfed down that drive-through sandwich. Kinda puts lovely Twitney on MBFFL to shame. Kinda.

As Arnold said, "I'll be back."

• Love 17

I have to admit I laughed out loud a little when she said "I just want to go to sleep and not wake up" and the exasperated doctor (nurse? Idk) just clearly could not find a f*ck to give and just blankly was like "...don't say that."  

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, genieray said:

Okay I am a long time lurker but I had to make an account to say this girl and her entire family are truly insufferable. Have we ever seen a patient on this show cry and have so many tantrums in the first hour alone??! She's like a freaking toddler. 

Me as well, more or less. I think all the years I have watched this show I have posted here 2 or 3 times but this episode inspired me because I don't recall someone with a drug addiction, could be wrong. She does act like a child especially with her mom.

• Love 3

I keep saying to the tv, "shut UP, already!" Haven't hated watching someone like this since Penny. 

2 minutes ago, Dharma said:

Me as well, more or less. I think all the years I have watched this show I have posted here 2 or 3 times but this episode inspired me because I don't recall someone with a drug addiction, could be wrong. She does act like a child especially with her mom.

You should check out Penny's episode. No drugs but she was a hellbeast, and insisted on doing it "her way." You can imagine how well that went...

• Love 1
Just now, MrsClaus said:

Was I the only one who laughed when she said if they didn't feed her she was leaving?  She has no energy and can't get out of bed.  How does she think she's going to leave?

Exactly

I also eyerolled when she was annoyed that her mom wouldnt bring her food at the hospital - that when her mom needs to go to a nursing home, shes gonna find the worst one for her mom (I'Im paraphrasing, I believe she said "scuzzy").  Kirsten is going to end up in a home sooner than her mother!

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, okerry said:

I've wondered, too, whether a course of anti-depressants and/or appetite suppressants would help any of these patients while preparing for their surgery.

Dr Now prescribes supressants; it was revealed on last week's episode.

I am 20 minutes into this and already grinding my teeth from the whining.

• Love 4