Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/23/2017

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Sunny is looking at it in terms of a woman's rights AND the rights of a fetus, because her religion says a fetus is a person. 

I was a Catholic from birth-ish to 1965 (I was 25).  I believed in and followed all the rules (I may have told a little lie now and then).  This was before the changes of Vatican II, so I still think of my former Catholicism in terms of the priest's saying Mass NOT facing the parishoners, Latin Masses, weekly (individual) confession, the sin of missing Mass, etc.  Only movie stars were getting their in-church marriages "annulled."  Things have relaxed a lot in the Catholic Church and I see the day when birth control will be accepted and maybe honored.  Abortions would have a different standing too.   I don't know if Sunny evolves with her church or if she maintains the "rules" she gew up with.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Melania (poor thing) thinks it's sexy, but OTOH, if your eyes are half closed you won't notice what's going on around you!!  LOL.

I always assumed it was due to extensive plastic surgery.  Her face looks very plastic and tight.  She looked much better with her original face.  She has to keep her master happy with his demands to remain young and beautiful.

• Love 16

One of the problems with Pro-Choice and Pro-Life is that they are almost brand names.  For all I know, they may be trademarked (I'm too lazy for research). That said, if we could find different terms--better terms...or say "lower case pro-choice," maybe more people would be willing to accept it.  The Pro-Life people aren't ever fighting against war, deaths of pregnant women, or capital punishment--their sole focus is the life of the fetus.  

OMG...I'm on a roll.  I'd better get dressed and out in the sunshine.  It's 56 here and I could at least go out and pick up the dog doo-doo.

Edited by Former Nun
typo
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Sunny would probably have spoken more, if Whoopie had not jumped down her throat.  Whoopie does not allow people to have a dissenting opinion.  Sunny shying away from the label Pro-choice is puzzling.  Since, that is who she is.  I agree with Whoopie in that the term Pro-life should not be used for those that oppose Abortion.  They are Anti-choice.

THIS

It has been years, but I recall my bf at the time in college writing a paper and he used the term anti-choice instead of prolife for reasons listed above. And he got an F BECAUSE of the use of "anti-choice" That was the reason cited . No, I'm not kidding.

Jed please go next. GO

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always assumed it was due to extensive plastic surgery.  Her face looks very plastic and tight.  She looked much better with her original face.  She has to keep her master happy with his demands to remain young and beautiful.

YES And she'll be replaced with a younger model (literally)at some point if he is not cheating already bc that is what he does. Awesome.

BLARG 

• Love 10

I think maybe Sunny caught some flak yesterday when she went home from her ultraconservative parents and maybe even her husband and her priest. She seemed conflicted today. I now ff thru Jed, so I don't know too much about what she says.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

One of the problems with Pro-Choice and Pro-Life is that they are almost brand names.  For all I know, they may be trademarked (I'm too lazy for research). That said, if we could find different terms--better terms...or say "lower case pro-choice," maybe more people would be willing to accept it.  The Pro-Life people aren't every fighting against war, deaths of pregnant women, or capital punishment--their sole focus is the life of the fetus.  

OMG...I'm on a roll.  I'd better get dressed and out in the sunshine.  It's 56 here and I could at least go out and pick up the dog doo-doo.

I am with you.  It is 56 here, too (AZ) and just got home.  How about 'freedom' vs 'government control'? 

I cleaned up the wording on those quite a bit!  The originals were so much better. Oh so good.  LOL!

It needs work but if enough people start using a different way to express what is really afoot it could catch on. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do think that the Republicans are setting up the Orange one to fail. The goal is for Pence and Ryan to become President and Vice-President.. A right wing Presidency is their wet dream. However, I do think that they will pay a heavy price in the ballots, for not opposing him, in the way, that, they opposed Obama.

I agree. The Republicans in congress are in a dangerous spot though. If they move too quickly to impeach Trump, his loyal radical followers will be in an uproar, and I think they fear them. If they wait too long, the Orange Blob can do irreparable harm to the country. They are in a fix. As much as I despise Pence, I don't think he is as totally bat**** crazy as Trump.

I saw a few excerpts from that David Muir interview where the insecure, narcissistic  Orange Blob was still crowing about his most watched and attended inauguration of all time and how everyone, just everyone, attending the CIA speech loved him to pieces. His vocabulary was about advanced as a 4th grader. I honestly felt sick to my stomach hearing this bull out of his lying mouth. I thought the View crew would discuss this today, but maybe they are given a quota of Trump crap that they can talk about. There's so much material every day for them to work with, I guess they have to pick just a few topics.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

Is it just me or does anyone else think Whoopi intentionally blindsided Sunny today? Whoopi immediately launched into abortion, yet again, and seemed to me to pick on Sunny. I am pro-choice and respect Sunny's decision for herself and admire she supports the law saying abortion is allowed. I felt Whoopi was wrong and mean to go there.

• Love 7

Okay so I think a lot of people including Whoopi are misinterpreting Sunnys view. So okay she is Catholic and thinks abortion is wrong and would probably not approve of anyone in her family getting one. But just because she is okay with abortion being legal doesn't mean that she also doesn't want to advocate for life and do as many things without legal force to help other people have the same view on life as her without government laws. Whoopi was being too dismissive, just because Sunny is okay with abortion being legal doesn't mean that her and others don't still want to try and persuade women to not get abortions but they aren't using force so I don't see the problem? She so yes she is pro life and I think she was just offended at Whoopi being so dissmissive of the pro life term. 

and actually most pro lifers I know advocate against the death penalty/euthanisia as well. and many liberal catholics I know also advocate against war, and are for healthcare. 28% of democrats are pro life. 

• Love 2

Finally, I bid you all Adieu as I have to undergo another mastectomy for the remaining breast, and reconstruction. I'll be recovering for the next couple of months and don't think I'll be able to prop up my ? while doing so!

The very best to you GHScorpiosRules.

Been there, done that in the 'old days of the 90's.  Medicine is so much better now.

My thoughts and good wishes with you .... no matter what... it takes strength!

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, kaygeeret said:

The very best to you GHScorpiosRules.

Been there, done that in the 'old days of the 90's.  Medicine is so much better now.

My thoughts and good wishes with you .... no matter what... it takes strength!

Thank you, kaygeeret and everyone for all your well wishes. And to not derail this thread, I'm taking the rest of my response to Small Talk.

• Love 3

I have always thought this. Even before he was elected.  It's as if the GOP knew they couldn't beat him during the campaign so they decided to let him take it and then will now take it away from him.  But God help us because that gives us Pence who is just as a dangerous to our way of life.

susiq147, I absolutely believe this has been the plan all along...once the orange julius  began running the table.

These rebups are the most cold hearted, ethically vacant and morally compromised folks since the Nazis.  I live in Wisconsin, I know whereof I speak.

Thus the arrival of  Pence.  And the son in law - don't count this guy out.

I firmly believe that ALL the cabinet nominees are due to Pence or the son in law.

Their goal is a total reversal of everything that has been enacted since 1932.  That's right, I am a conspiracy theorist.

These guys want all the money, women in their place, everyone w/o a very white skin and a college degree to be on the edge of desperation.  Sort of like the 1880's.

But I digress!

• Love 8

On a purely random topic, has anyone notice that the Orange Julius women are weirdly alike?

To wit:

Melania, Ivanka, Tiff and the daughters-in law all have the same hair style, all the same boob size, all the same dress size, all the same eye thingy and all the same shape face.

It is seriously creepy.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Actually I don't think Sunny is advocating for any change in legal abortion. She merely stated she supports the law and would choose differently for herself. 

Which would make Sunny pro choice.  If only more "pro-life" people would understand that.  You have your beliefs and other people have their beliefs.   I believe abortion should be legal and up to each individual to decide if that is the road they want to take.  I can't force another woman to have an abortion.  So why does someone who thinks abortion should be illegal think they have the right to force a woman to not have one?

They hypocrisy on the right when it comes to freedom is staggering.  They will fight to death for someone to have the freedom to buy as many guns as they want but freedom for a woman to have control over  her own body?  Nah, don't believe in that.  Thank god Elisabeth isn't there anymore.  Whenever the topic of abortion came up she could always be counted on to lose her shit.  Was it the morning after pill that she compared to leaving a baby in the street to die?

• Love 9

Sunny is not making sense.  I have lost some respect for her. 

Woman's choice vs government choice.  I would like her to clearly state which she side she is on when worded this way. 

Just say you would not have an abortion and drop it. But she couldn't.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

We don't know what Sunny's views are because she is not allowed to state them. Just because she supports the law does not make it ok to label her "pro-choice" the same as I support women not being forced to have an abortion (by mate, parent, govt) not make me "pro-life" AND I would be furious if I were labeled as such!

I see Sunny as a very well educated, smart,talented,  well mannered Hispanic/Latina woman.  She will not tell Woopie off because she knows she can and Whoopie  is an Older  Black Female, Sunny is respectful of her the same way she probably had to be of many other such women in her life she out smarted from the time she was ten.  If it were to ever happen, there would be dreads,shoes and an ugly scarf left.  Remember out arguing is Sunny's profession!

• Love 4

Ok, I had to change the channel.  Jed is going off like a rabid terrier because Whoopi isn't there to hit her in the nose with a newspaper and because she has Gretchen Carlson as backup to her Foxbots views.  I can't take it anymore. And I will not stand to hear Omorosa spout Trump's lies.

• Love 12

I wish Whoopie was here today to squash Omarosa. Wow, she was a real bitch to Joy and Sunny.  Her parting shot to Joy about Joy needing joy in her life was beyond the pale.  It is obvious that Joy really gets under the new administration's skin and she was the embodiment of that, today....

• Love 24

Omarosa single handedly defined the Trump administration.  She  came out with a chip on her shoulder, name dropped (Mentor, Barbara Walters), talked over people, gave sketchy background information (worked for the WH), attacked the panel, talked about herself instead of answering questions, denied the truth ("you are all talking about the past,we are not"), and when she felt threatened by a question she attacked personally- very personally! 

Koodo's to Sunny for reminding all to go "Hi when they go Low"

• Love 24
35 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Omarosa single handedly defined the Trump administration.  She  came out with a chip on her shoulder, name dropped (Mentor, Barbara Walters), talked over people, gave sketchy background information (worked for the WH), attacked the panel, talked about herself instead of answering questions, denied the truth ("you are all talking about the past,we are not"), and when she felt threatened by a question she attacked personally- very personally! 

Koodo's to Sunny for reminding all to go "Hi when they go Low"

You summed her up perfectly.  I have never seen sore winners in my life.  Life on the top is not so rosy for them at the White house.  Their bitterness is palpable.  They expected everybody to fall in line like the Republican party and that is not the case. In fact, I have never seen liberals so determined before to stand up for their rights.  Trump has united the very different liberal causes: healthcare, Black lives matter, LGBTQ rights, immigration, women's rights.  At times, these different issues intersect organically.   It gives me hope. Without hope, you have nothing..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

You summed her up perfectly.  I have never seen sore winners in my life.  Life on the top is not so rosy for them at the White house.  Their bitterness is palpable.  They expected everybody to fall in line like the Republican party and that is not the case. In fact, I have never seen liberals so determined before to stand up for their rights.  Trump has united the very different liberal causes: healthcare, Black lives matter, LGBTQ rights, immigration, women's rights.  At times, these different issues intersect organically.   It gives me hope. Without hope, you have nothing..

As I keep saying there is more of us than them.  And Trump's bullying is only going to make him enemies, not friends.  He wants to govern like his buddy Putin.  Not going to happen.

56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is obvious that Joy really gets under the new administration's skin and she was the embodiment of that, today....

And knowing Joy she will continue to do so.  And get immense pleasure out of it.

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

One account of audience's response to Omarosa's attack:

ABC audience issues loud boos in response to Omarosa's low blow

Omarosa came gunning for Joy. she singled Joy out by making references to her critics of her boss and it devolved from there.  Jed showed her fauxnews card today with her lies about Obama. Joy is over her, she is not as bombastic as Whoopie and tell her off.  So, she will never go there. In some ways, I am glad that Rosie is not there. She would have had a meltdown with Jed.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

One account of audience's response to Omarosa's attack:

ABC audience issues loud boos in response to Omarosa's low blow

Best part of the article is reading the comments, it really tells you what "Real Americans" are saying. And boy the hate they spew against Joy.  What is fascinating to me is that the worst they can come up with is that she is an old loud mouth Jew!  Someone brings up Trumps grandchildren and there is some discussion......

No facts, no truths just hate and name calling.  And yes, I do know that Joy is Italian American Catholic raised.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Omarosa came gunning for Joy. she singled Joy out by making references to her critics of her boss and it devolved from there.  Jed showed her fauxnews card today with her lies about Obama. Joy is over her, she is not as bombastic as Whoopie and tell her off.  So, she will never go there. In some ways, I am glad that Rosie is not there. She would have had a meltdown with Jed.

I watched that clip and yeah, she came loaded with bear

5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Wow, that Omarosa is one miserable piece of shit.  She makes Jed look like Sarah Haynes.

The fact that Jedifoxbot had a shit eating grin after Omarosa insulted and condescended to Joy, makes her just as bad as far as I'm concerned.???

And the person who wrote the article needed to do their research-Joy didn't marry Steve last year, but three years ago! Maybe four, but I know it wasn't last year.??

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the person who wrote the article needed to do their research-Joy didn't marry Steve last year, but three years ago! Maybe four, but I know it wasn't last year.??

I caught that too.  And that site doesn't have the best reputation.

And there is this too.

Former Mediaite columnist A. J. Delgado joined the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign as a "senior adviser" in September 2016.

Edited by susieq147

Omarosa used to be unlikeable, but she's now completely insufferable.  Goes to show what a little power will do to some people.  Bitch hitched her star to Drumpf early on during The Apprentice, and she'll ride his coattails to Doomsday.  I'm still trying to figure out Drumpf's loyalty to her, though.  Did he just like her tenacity, or was it her ass-licking capabilities that formed their bond?

She certainly has a "type" in "her man" (sheesh...) - new fiancé looks very much like her old one, Michael Clarke Duncan.  First dude got lucky, though...he died.

Omarosa and KellyAnne must be quite the pair in the WH.  I can foresee a real power struggle between the two.  It would serve Drumpf right if their menstrual cycles sync up.  To hear Omarosa speak, it sounds like she thinks she and Drumpf are running the show..."We [this], We [that]". 

1,453 days to go...

• Love 3
Just now, Tunia said:

She certainly has a "type" in "her man" (sheesh...) - new fiancé looks very much like her old one, Michael Clarke Duncan.  First dude got lucky, though...he died.

He always seemed to be a nice guy so I always wondered what he saw in her. She did save his life once which made me cut her some slack. That didn't last long though.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Omarosa used to be unlikeable, but she's now completely insufferable.  Goes to show what a little power will do to some people.  Bitch hitched her star to Drumpf early on during The Apprentice, and she'll ride his coattails to Doomsday.  I'm still trying to figure out Drumpf's loyalty to her, though.  Did he just like her tenacity, or was it her ass-licking capabilities that formed their bond?

Omarosa and KellyAnne must be quite the pair in the WH.  I can foresee a real power struggle between the two.  It would serve Drumpf right if their menstrual cycles sync up.  To hear Omarosa speak, it sounds like she thinks she and Drumpf are running the show..."We [this], We [that]". 

1,453 days to go...

Rumor has it that there is already turmoil behind the scenes at the Orange House. People are already scheming to outdo each other.  Spicer might be the sacrificial lamb, to satisfy, the vindictive streak of the new President..lol.  A bunch of vultures fighting over a carcass...This is week 1 of the new Administration.

• Love 6

Joy's frequently been attacked  by "Low-Information Idiots" mistakenly assuming she must be Jewish, because she attended college, is outspoken, stands up for women's reproductive rights, is anti-Trump, her use of "Yiddish" words & her unmistakable NYC accent.  I loved her recent response to horrible anti-semitic comments explaining she was raised Catholic, faithfully attending Church, Confession & Catholic School. She then went on to explain her family also stressed the importance of following the "Golden Rule."  She went on to say, she was not Jewish, but if haters wanted to lump her in with people who've made outstanding contributions to the fields of business, education, medicine, politics, sports, journalism, law, entertainment, the military & many  major scientific discoveries......she's honored to be included.

• Love 22