Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/23/2017

Jaded
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

Pretty much giving the SNL writer a comedienne's pass on the Barron home school shooter tweet. Then she kept bouncing back over to Trump and what Trump has said. Barron is 10, what his dad does is not his fault. It makes Joy look petty and immature. But, I feel she comes across that way more than most here, so what do I know?

I'm not sure I heard her give a pass, just that being fired was excessive.  I do think she has a point, we are at a time in our nation where "America has Spoken" and one of the big messages they "spoke" was that we had become too PC, not real enough, we had lost our sense of humor, we no longer say it like it is...until it's what offends "the real American".  So I get what Joy is saying.  She listed all the individuals that were made fun of with no consequences and suddenly this.  I get it Joy!

• Love 15
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks everyone. I'm meeting with my surgeons tomorrow to schedule the surgery. It will be over 10 hours. I have so many things to take care of that I won't have time to comment on my shows and here. Just wanted to quickly let y'all know what is up.

I wish you all the best.. We send you our prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And Joy is better than that. 

I've decided that Joy is over-the-top angry about Everything Donald.  I don't know how long it will take her to tone it down--if she can.  Someone needs to remind her that a one-trick pony isn't interesting for that long.  That said, I LOVE Joy and know she's intelligent, well-read, quick/witty, and VERY good looking!

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Regarding the Barron Trump "joke" (which I found not funny at all) I think what Joy (and a lot of people) are upset about is this person was quickly punished for it.  But nothing ever happened to Rush Limbaugh for calling Chelsea Clinton a dog.    And as far as I know nothing ever happened to people who criticized the Obama daughters.   There does seem to be a double standard at play here.

I'm not sure she was even going back that far.  She read a list of dispicable things Trump said which his supporters did not care about but now this writer should be fired?  She apologized, something Trump has never done. What the writer said was not ok, but her apology was very appropriate.

Edited by hisbunkie
Spelling is important
  • Love 18

Best wishes to you, GHScorpios.  Heal quickly.

I have a feeling we'll be getting a daily tirade as long as BLOTUS continues to dismantle everything Pres Obama and the Democrats accomplished over the last 8 years.  You know, all the things that actually helped people.  Putting a gag on the EPA and threatening to send Fed troops into Chicago as were discussed today are shocking.  Let the impeachment commence! 

• Love 11

Why was Joy attributing the Dow hitting 20k to trump? It was approaching that number before the orange clown got in there, and he had nothing to do with it. 

JediLeansCenterRight is so annoying. She said Pres. Obama issued the most executive orders and she acting like he was running threw pens and ink like no tomorrow. Whoopi correctly tells her that is not true and that he only really started issuing them in his second term when he was being blocked by republicans in congress from doing anything that required their help. She then obfuscates facts and rewrites history.

When she gets called out she dismisses it and says that's not her point, then why did you bring it up in the first place you twit.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Why was Joy attributing the Dow hitting 20k to trump? It was approaching that number before the orange clown got in there, and he had nothing to do with it. 

JediLeansCenterRight is so annoying. She said Pres. Obama issued the most executive orders and she acting like he was running threw pens and ink like no tomorrow. Whoopi correctly tells her that is not true and that he only really started issuing them in his second term when he was being blocked by republicans in congress from doing anything that required their help. She then obfuscates facts and rewrites history.

When she gets called out she dismisses it and says that's not her point, then why did you bring it up in the first place you twit.

I want Jed gone so bad.  I find her to be even more repellent than Elizabeth.  I despised that twit.  At least, with bitsy, you knew that she was just parroting Fox news talking points.  Jed uses alternative facts to push her right wing agenda, under the veneer, of being a libertarian.  I am glad that Whoopie does not let her get away with her bull...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

Speedy recover, GHScorpioRule. Hope you're back here real soon.

I missed 40 minutes of today's show but I don't think anything too earth-shattering happened. 

Caught the sneaky way they just slipped in a plug for Apple & Eve juice - catchy name though - by giving it out to the audience. WHAT?!! You mean to tell me that they did this....why? Because they felt they just didn't have enough commercials already?!!! The last ten minutes of this blood show is NOTHING BUT ADS!!!

Yeah....we need more commercials....like we need more Jedi.

I liked Sara's kooky little dance. She's ditzy sometimes and seems a bit out of her depth but she's harmless. Unlike Miz Jedi there.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jed uses alternative facts to push her right wing agenda, under the veneer, of being a libertarian.  I am glad that Whoopie does not let her get away with her bull...

We need to stop using the term alternative facts and say what they really are. Fucking lies.  Although we can use the term alternative fact in the joke memes.  Those make me smile.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

We need to stop using the term alternative facts and say what they really are. Fucking lies.  Although we can use the term alternative fact in the joke memes.  Those make me smile.

While we're at it, stop using 'fake news' and call it what it really is: propaganda!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Yes, Jedi really got into a snit when Joy tried to correct her on her claim Obama made the most executive orders evah! It turned into a shouting mess because she wouldn't allow them to say that 1.) That's a lie, and 2.) Joy's point was that he's using executive orders even though he has all the power and doesn't need to. I laughed when Jedi corrected herself later and then Joy called it an Alternative Factcheck.

Joy is just as cynical as I am, re:discussion about Rubio voting to approve Tillerson, because she said exactly what I was thinking especially the point about how the one thing the Republicans will vote against Trump on is helping infrastructure (ie, one of the only things that would be good for the country).

Forgot to say earlier that I'm wishing you all the best, GHScorpioRule!

• Love 8

Maggiemae:   Each time I hear Melania speak, I'm reminded of the "Lisa Douglas" character from "Green Acres." & wonder if there will be similar outrage when she's portrayed by an SNL cast member,  flitting around the WH,  in a designer outfit, calling out "Dunnald, Dahling?"  Lighten up people, SNL is a comedy show & nobody is forcing you to watch!

• Love 10

the point about how the one thing the Republicans will vote against Trump on is helping infrastructure (ie, one of the only things that would be good for the country).

The thing about that is, this "infrastructure" plan is a con

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 6

Echoing everyones good wishes GHScoriosRule ( somehow reappeared )!

Paris looks perhaps like her dad after his many many surgeries The drug he used via IV to be put asleep he should have been hooked to heart monitors like when it is administered only in hospital situations.   it's anesthesia  not melatonin. That is why a anesthesiologist  is present while it's given.  In plain view in his room were many different muscle relaxers anti depressants allergy drugs and medication to treat overdoses.  Murray didn't even know how to do CPR  Body can only take so much  Who would want him dead? 

I lived in the city where his child molestration trial took place and he had so many RXs under other  people's names. Sad he had demons that she seems to be dealing with in addition the bullying that is probably aimed at him more or less which is awful  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5

Missed the show today, but I'd like to know if they hyped Trump's interview with David Muir tonight.  We all know how he's obsessed with ratings, so to hit him where it hurts, please don't watch tonight. You'll see the good parts via social media later. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 8

Merribreeze-I was watching the show this morning and ABC broke into the show with breaking news that they are airing a Donald Trump interview tonight at 9pm. I don't recall hearing the panelists mention it, but I space out a lot when I watch this show. Later, towards the end of the show, they broke in again with a special report and I thought, "What has this damn fool done now?" It was to announce that Mary Tyler Moore had died. I burst into tears because I now live in a world where Trump is president and Mary Tyler Moore is no longer here. It's just too much.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Each time I hear Melania speak, I'm reminded of the "Lisa Douglas" character from "Green Acres." & wonder if there will be similar outrage when she's portrayed by an SNL cast member,  flitting around the WH,  in a designer outfit, calling out "Dunnald, Dahling?"

It's more likely that Dunnald will be flitting around the White House looking for a Melania that's back in his tower, happy and alone-ish.

• Love 4

Again, Sara and Joy are everything to me. They are adorable together - I don't think I've ever been able to say that about Joy and anybody but n the show.

i agree with Whoppi 90% of the time yet I find her method of communicating repulsive. I agree with 20% of what Jed says but am amazed she has the patience to be yelled at so constantly. 

Show is on fire though. This is the first time I've regularly watched in about a decade, although I also have Hulu to thank for that.

• Love 7

Because Of Trump's promises to do away with regulations - there will be money to be made.  Not for the average Joe - but money will be made by those with money .

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Each time I hear Melania speak, I'm reminded of the "Lisa Douglas" character from "Green Acres." & wonder if there will be similar outrage when she's portrayed by an SNL cast member,  flitting around the WH,  in a designer outfit, calling out "Dunnald, Dahling?"

Melania is very Gaborish in her speech. Yeah....I know it's not a real word but I made it up and what with people now running around, feeling free to just make shit up, I feel that I can throw my creation in there too. And on a strictly shallow note, Melania's eyes bother me. I can't explain it but for lack of a better word, I find her eyes "creepy." Sorry, but that's just MHO.

Ahhh...."Green Acres".....the way she used to trill, "Oliver!" and Mr. Haney and Arnold, the pig......I'm old enough to have watched. And I'm still getting over the passing of Mary Tyler Moore. "Oh, Rob!"

• Love 9

Anybody catch Whoopie last night with Van Jones on CNN? It's a new  town-hall like  Q&A program.  Last night's audience was packed with both Trump & Non-Trump Voters & Supporters/Detractors of the "Million Women March," all speaking their minds......no screaming, no yelling, no threats.  She seemed happier & more relaxed as a guest on that show, than she's been for months on "The View."

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Jaded that I am, I'd consider that a miracle of coincidence.

Nicely phased and I agree. 

As far as the Trump interview, I will catch the drift on MSNBC, my home away from home. 

I would have liked to have seen Whoopie though.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Morgalisa said:
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

And he hasn't even been in office a week. This is depressing. 

I am exhausted.

But I am optimistic about the responses to all the things Trump has done in his first few days in office.  There are more of us than him and his kind and we will not go quietly into that dark night.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

But I am optimistic about the responses to all the things Trump has done in his first few days in office.  There are more of us than him and his kind and we will not go quietly into that dark night.

Yes.  I am getting some pleasure watching republicans struggle to support him and not doing very well at it. 

• Love 11
Just now, wings707 said:

Yes.  I am getting some pleasure watching republicans struggle to support him and not doing very well at it. 

In any other Administration this level of backlash and low approval ratings would be taken seriously.  But Trump's crew just shrugs their shoulders and say's here we have some alternate facts (bold faced lies) to tell you.

I'm counting on Joy to be the voice of reason on the View and not let them get away with it. 

• Love 18

I think Sunny frequently seems to be holding back when it comes to Whoopie.  It might be one of those "choose your battles" things.

Hey!  Let's talk about what happens to the pets in a breakup!   "Don't forget to check the batteries in your smoke detectors."  Check your fire extinguishers too!"  WTH?

• Love 4

Sunny was disappointing today. I was with her until she denied being pro-choice when...that's what she is...? Similar to her, I don't think I'd ever be able to have an abortion (thankfully I'll never have to make such a choice because I'm a man), but it's a woman's right to decide for herself what to do with her life/body. It seemed to me more like she was ashamed of the word even though the meaning was the same, just like "feminist" has been spoken about with negative connotations these days.

Oh, and btw Jedi, you can try to define yourself as a feminist to keep others from criticizing you, but if you are not supportive of women's rights you are not a feminist.

• Love 18

I think that Sunny would probably have spoken more, if Whoopie had not jumped down her throat.  Whoopie does not allow people to have a dissenting opinion.  Sunny shying away from the label Pro-choice is puzzling.  Since, that is who she is.  I agree with Whoopie in that the term Pro-life should not be used for those that oppose Abortion.  They are Anti-choice.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

Anybody catch Whoopie last night with Van Jones on CNN? It's a new  town-hall like  Q&A program.  Last night's audience was packed with both Trump & Non-Trump Voters & Supporters/Detractors of the "Million Women March," all speaking their minds......no screaming, no yelling, no threats.  She seemed happier & more relaxed as a guest on that show, than she's been for months on "The View."

.......And not one word about that hateful, disgusting anti-abortion bill HR-7, just passed by the House & now on it's way to the Senate.  I was expecting to hear former Justice Dept Attorney Sunny's thoughts on the constitutionality/legality  of this bill, which takes away access to abortion from Native American women, women serving in the military & women on Medicaid.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I'm starting to think they are giving BLOTUS enough rope to hang himself so he has to resign and we end up with Pence, the one they really want. 

Sunny confused me (and maybe herself) by saying she wasn't pro choice but wouldn't tell another woman what to do with her body. I thought that's what pro choice is. 

I did enjoy the Aladdin commercial segment, even the Whoopi part. All the genii are wonderful. 

Edited by Haleth
You'd think I'd know how to spell Pence's name since I live in IN.
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm starting to think they are giving BLOTUS enough rope to hang himself so he has to resign and we end up with Pense, the one they really want. 

Sunny confused me (and maybe herself) by saying she wasn't pro choice but wouldn't tell another woman what to do with her body. I thought that's what pro choice is. 

I did enjoy the Aladdin commercial segment, even the Whoopi part. All the genii are wonderful. 

Yeah, they are letting him spin and take himself down.  He is the best person ever for that job!  The best in all the world.  HUGE expert. 

Wonder what Ivanka thinks having been raised by a democrat father who was good friends with Bill Clinton.  

Sunny said that?!  I missed it.  I only heard her say she is against abortion for herself.  The topic is bound to come up again.  

Edited by wings707
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm starting to think they are giving BLOTUS enough rope to hang himself so he has to resign and we end up with Pense, the one they really want. 

I do think that the Republicans are setting up the Orange one to fail. The goal is for Pence and Ryan to become President and Vice-President.. A right wing Presidency is their wet dream. However, I do think that they will pay a heavy price in the ballots, for not opposing him, in the way, that, they opposed Obama.

Whoopie is at her best, when she is performing.  A talk show, is not a good fit, for her talents, as an Artist.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I have always thought this. Even before he was elected.  It's as if the GOP knew they couldn't beat him during the campaign so they decided to let him take it and then will now take it away from him.  But God help us because that gives us Pence who is just as a dangerous to our way of life.

• Love 8
Just now, susieq147 said:

I have always thought this. Even before he was elected.  It's as if the GOP knew they couldn't beat him during the campaign so they decided to let him take it and then will now take it away from him.  But God help us because that gives us Pence who is just as a dangerous to our way of life.

He is a right wing religious nut. 

• Love 3

Whoopi is being too simplistic about a complex issue.  To Whoopi, it's about a woman's right to choose.  Sunny is looking at it in terms of a woman's rights AND the rights of a fetus, because her religion says a fetus is a person. 

Whoopi hammers at Sunny that "if you're against abortion, you don't have to have one."  She misses the point.  In Sunny's view (not mine, but I was raised catholic)  abortion is murder.   You don't tell someone "if you're against murder, don't kill anyone."  

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is a right wing religious nut. 

Yes and more dangerous than Trump, IMO.  Trump can change his mind on something if another stance gets him more public adoration and deny his original position.  He used to be a democrat and friends with Clinton.  What he spouts has nothing to do with a deep conviction. 

Bringing this back on topic I am surprised neither Whoopie or Joy have talked about this.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, backformore said:

Whoopi is being too simplistic about a complex issue.  To Whoopi, it's about a woman's right to choose.  Sunny is looking at it in terms of a woman's rights AND the rights of a fetus, because her religion says a fetus is a person. 

Whoopi hammers at Sunny that "if you're against abortion, you don't have to have one."  She misses the point.  In Sunny's view (not mine, but I was raised catholic)  abortion is murder.   You don't tell someone "if you're against murder, don't kill anyone."  

I agree.  It is against our constitution to make laws preventing citizens from having free will.  THAT is the issue. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I agree.  It is against our constitution to make laws preventing citizens from having free will.  THAT is the issue. 

It also brings up  the issue of separation of church and state. If  Abortion is criminalize, due to religious beliefs, then, that is a problem. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

And on a strictly shallow note, Melania's eyes bother me. I can't explain it but for lack of a better word, I find her eyes "creepy."

Too often when I see/notice her, Eddie's comment (1963: The Courtship of Eddie's Father--Ronnie Howard and Glenn Ford) about the reason for not liking his widowed father's girlfriend (Dina Merrill), "She has squinty eyes."  Almost every time!

Edited by Former Nun
Added Dina Merrill and 1963
  • Love 5