Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: The 100 (or more) requests

As for clichés...YMMV but bad boy with a heart of gold wins the girl's heart? Seen that more than I've cared to have seen happen.

As FurryFury pointed out, maybe in season one this cliche would have been accurate. But since then, they relationship has become way more complex than tat. They have grown to trust and respect each other. They work well together. They're friends and they like each other. As opposed to the real cliche in those bad-boy TV relationships of "I hate you which means I really love you." 

Having just watched season 2 again over the last week or so, I cannot see how the writers could justify getting Clarke/Lexa back together again, at least romantically.

Obviously, the writers can do what they want, but if Lexa had held to her agreement with Clarke & Co, she might not have had to irradiate the place.

As for the romance itself, I am all for Clarke (and others) being bisexual.  Because why not?  People are people and love is love.

I'm hoping for good things for Jasper this season, and also, I very much want to see Clarke and Bellamy in more shared scenes together.  I think they make a good team, and lord knows their people are going to need them working together with skynet showing up.

• Love 1

I don't really care who Clarke or Bellamy sleep with, but I don't really see them as a cliche since it's now the bad boy with the heart of gold and the good girl that committed genocide. 

To me the cliché is less "Bad boy / Good Girl" rather than "the male lead and the female lead end up together". It is very seldom to have a show where two leads of opposite sex share a platonic relationship, and the duo Clarke/Bellamy was great in that regard, particularly when they came to their understanding in S1. which is why it was refreshing for me to see their co-leadership with no notion of romance in the background.

I'm probably going to get burned for saying this, but I hope the show won't go overboard with the "strong female" trend they've lauched. Understand me: I love that we have a show that has women being shown as strong, complex, and not defined by their relationship with a man, but rather by their skills/brains/courage, etc. It is important that we have this on telly and too often men are dominating the screens. I am myself an independent woman, so I really, really like it about the 100. Now, I wouldn't like if the show pushed that too much by making all the men of the show second fiddle to women. I feel like JR and the writers are very proud of their female characters  and are praised for it (as they should), but on a personal level, I wouldn't want them to take it too far. To me, female empowerement doesn't mean that male should get the short end of the stick. I want to see complex, inetersting, engaging characters of both genders.

• Love 5

I just want Raven to be ok. I'd like for her to be reasonably happy but they like crapping on her so I'll settle for alive at the end of the season.

I like how the show has handled all the romantic relationships so far (mostly), especially the Finn/Raven/Clarke triangle which turned basically into a non event because the girls were too awesome to make it a huge thing. I hope they keep romance in general as low key as they've kept it so far in the series. They've got other things to worry about instead.

• Love 1

Here's the place we want to see in Season four.  This is a spoiler-free zone.

More Jasper, but the Jasper-who-wants-to-live instead of the Jasper-who-wants-to-kill-himself.

More scenes with the Original Gang together.  I miss our post-apocalyptic Scoobies.

I have a bunch:

Actual female friendship

Increased screen time for female characters to off set the male dominance in S3.

Let Clarke be the protagonist instead of struggling with having as much screen time as a male character. Buffy was able to have a good balance.

Clarke gets criticized constantly for her decisions as a leader, let the same happen to Bellamy. This should particularly happen after S3 where he had more of a chance to stand on his own, and he failed catastrophically as a leader. Everyone pretending like he did great is nonsense and free pass, that he seems to get through the sheer fact that he is the male character with most screen time on a CW show. People should doubt him or even resist his decisions after what he did in Season 3, where he proved himself to be short sighted, reckless with the lives of others and leading with his anger instead of putting others first.

Actual expanded and good story line for Indra that allows Adina to flex her immense acting abilities.

More Kane and Indra interaction. They have such good chemistry.

Stop with the whining at Clarke to come up with a plan, to then whine when she does, and then berate her for taking action after pushing for it. There is a balance to be had with people questioning her decisions and people coming across as whiny brats.

Have some moment of lightness. Unrelenting shit being constantly piled on the characters we follow get tiresome.

Big One: Make Bellamy admit that it was wrong for him to backtrack on his support for Clarke taking care of herself. Admit she doesn't owe him her mental health, and that she shouldn't be sorry for actually trying to take care of herself instead of being his nursemaid.

Let Clarke call out Bellamy for betraying her and handing her over to get killed by Pike. Honestly the fact that she never was allowed to do that, is probably a strong indication of the heavy fanservice towards the bellarke fandom. I think it was the writers intention to let Bellamy stay supportive of Clarke, but during the hiatus they got lots of tweets from bellarke fans saying Bellamy should be mad at Clarke leaving, and so they caved and made him be like that.

Acknowledgement and consequences of the full scope of Bellamy's atrocities - in particularly him attempting to butcher a village of civilians, murder of an innocent man that was just operating an elevator and putting sick people - that they invited to get treatment - in prison.

Monty's involvement in this and insight in why he went along. Perhaps mention his age (he is 15-16 i think), and delve into how wanting to not be in conflict with his mom and have a bond/relationship with her again made him start doing things he normally wouldn't.

Let the characters breath and digest things that has happened. You can still have fast pace story telling without sacrificing the emotional character beats and proper character development.

Give. Raven. A. Proper. Story line. Let her be brilliant and resilient yes, but also involve her in decision making process. Let us see Raven actually decide on some things, instead of doing what she is being told. This show says it likes to test their characters trough though moral choices, but Raven is rarely given those. She helps facilitate them but never is an active decision maker in it.

Abby and Clarke scenes.

Give me reasons for rooting for the Sky People besides them being the protagonists.

Maybe some proper acknowledgement from the Arkers that they been acting like invaders? Refugees don't settle down on taken land and declare it their own, and then defend it through heavy weaponry. Refugees try to assimilate.

Use Murphy better. He is such a wild card in connection to the others, and placing him on the outside makes poor use of that.

Clarke acknowledging and apologizing for her shitty actions towards Niylah.

Clarke allowed to be mad and horrified over the war crimes committed by her friends instead of having to pretend it was no big deal so the audience won’t hold it against them.

Respectful handling of Clarke’s sexuality (lol)

Jarod and Bryan to not look like they would rather eat glass than act like they are in love and attracted to each other.

The show to be better at handling racially loaded story lines.

• Love 1

I am hoping there are a lot more scenes of the OG.  

And that Octavia is less violent and more diplomatic, since she will have spent 6 years being in charge of the (under) grounders.

• Love 3

I respectfully disagree. I'm sick of the teasing and the writer's pushing Bellarke in scenes together. Either get your act together and put them together, or move them farther away from each other. It's getting really frakking annoying to wait and hope for 4 seasons. Only for lies and BS to be the end result.

On 21.01.2018 at 6:52 AM, Laina said:

I respectfully disagree. I'm sick of the teasing and the writer's pushing Bellarke in scenes together. Either get your act together and put them together, or move them farther away from each other. It's getting really frakking annoying to wait and hope for 4 seasons. Only for lies and BS to be the end result.

I'm pretty sure the only thing any Bellarke shipper should expect from season 5 is yet another year of Clarke and Bellamy barely interacting in any meaningful way (like in season 4), and Bellamy being in serious relationship with Echo, who he knew for 6 years longer he had ever known Clarke. Bellarle ship has sailed, imo, around the end of season 3, and will never come back.

On 2/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, CooperTV said:

I'm pretty sure the only thing any Bellarke shipper should expect from season 5 is yet another year of Clarke and Bellamy barely interacting in any meaningful way (like in season 4), and Bellamy being in serious relationship with Echo, who he knew for 6 years longer he had ever known Clarke. Bellarle ship has sailed, imo, around the end of season 3, and will never come back.

I'd agree that the six year gap makes some sort of Bellamy/Echo relationship a possibility, if not a probability - everyone else is either paired up or Raven, and The 100 already did Bellamy/Raven. And frankly, although I'm less sure about Echo, Bellamy doesn't seem like the celibate type - we keep seeing him hop into bed with various minor characters. So I think, despite some of their earlier interactions, it would be out of character if they didn't hook up.

That said, given several scenes in season 4, I'd say that not only did the Bellarke ship not sail at the end of season 3, but it's coming back at some point.  I'd put 95% odds on it. 

They can't just start this almost 7 years after they closed the hatch. Clark said they tried to dig out the bunker, so I'd like to see at least some explanation for the other nightblood, how things went in the bunker and how things were on the ring. 

Not terribly interested in seeing a season full of flashbacks of the Ring and people eating algae for 5+ years. Or, how Bellamy managed to not father 5 children while they were out there. 

Seems like it would be hard to bring these 3 groups together right away. 1200 people living in a bunker for 5 years aren't probably going to care too much for Clark after her being away for 6+years. Regardless of her reputation.